Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

"I also starred in a movie called Under Siege."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (August 15, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (January 22-25, 1953)

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

EasyEW posted:

Bloom County 2015

Two strips in a row now that he's done this, and it really bugs me for some reason. They're both Binkley, it's their surname. Call your kid Michael fer cryin' out loud.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everything Counts posted:

Two strips in a row now that he's done this, and it really bugs me for some reason. They're both Binkley, it's their surname. Call your kid Michael fer cryin' out loud.

I forget but didn't he call him that in the original as well (everyone else did at least)? Or did Binkley's dad ever refer to his son by name in the first Bloom County?

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

I think his dad called him Binkley back in the old days.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
I just took a quick look through my collections, and could only find one strip in which his dad addressed by name--and yeah, he called him Binkley.

...be that as it may, I'm still annoyed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So I've been reading these new Bloom counties and a few old ones. People like this?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

So I've been reading these new Bloom counties and a few old ones. People like this?

The new ones seem fine enough to me, but maybe that's only because the text is readable this time

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is it? I never make it all the way through.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Yeah the old Bloom County strips posted here were pretty small and hard to read, so I always scrolled past them. Though so far I don't feel like I missed much, as far as jokes and artwork go, but at least I can actually read it now to see what the fuss is about

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I can't remember ... is this the first time Feiffer's dancer shows up?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Not that I want to know, but where exactly did the phone end up?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Leaving half his front all scraped off on the edge of the dock.

If she's smart, then "thirty-seven" is a code.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

You're just going to hide them in another building on the same property? I see smarts run in your family.

Big Ben Bolt

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Three (January 22-25, 1953)

Gchroeder?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World is rounding off the week with absolutely no updates.

Non Sequitur

I'm a contractor. That's not how it works.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/14/2004

Aaaand.. it's television static dog.

Zits

It's actually a really nice town. I usually stop and eat lunch there on my way to our western Ohio terminal. That said, it does not, in fact, have a Hard Rock Cafe.

Kevin & Kell

Cute? That baby looks like an infant Bobby Hill.

Mark Trail

Jesus, Ken, put down the bong. See that screaming and coughing diver's mask over there?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Oh, Toby. :rolleyes: Also nice slam on Ian, boss-guy.

Rex Morgan MD

"Besides, I like to be dominated!"

Secret Agent X-9

Is it that she's not left-handed? I bet it's that she's not left-handed.

Apartment 3-G

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Decompression sickness is the real villain here.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015 is educational today.

In a truly just world, Trump would be referred to as the All-American Bottom Burp from now on.

Skippy (June 15, 1928)

Peanuts runs another clinc on how to do personal agony in a comic strip. (August 16, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Hey, everybody! Wally's back! You remember Wally? The PTSD victim who got married in a pizza place and more or less vanished from the strip after that? He did too. Stop looking at me like that.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 21-22, 1927)

Thimble Theater (March 2, 1929)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think I need an avatar of Artisan Cheese man.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've been skipping Apartment 3-G for a while, but I reread the last few weeks in light of recent... developments. Do yourselves a favor and give it a go. With the combination of dialogue spiralling endlessly around vaguely referenced events and names with the clip art characters and randomly changing backgrounds, it feels like a surreal satire on drama strips.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Hey, everybody! Wally's back! You remember Wally? The PTSD victim who got married in a pizza place and more or less vanished from the strip after that? He did too. Stop looking at me like that.

Why, would that be the same Wally who was MIA and presumed dead in the Middle East twice, thus subtly foreshadowing the fact that we're about to go through the whole Hollywood outsider plotline again?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

This storyline's so odd that I went through the archive to try and figure it out... I think Margo's been cursed?

That person she's talking to is her soon-to-be step-mother, if Margo can get the marriage off the ground in her role as a wedding planner. Diane is... someone who's opposed to that, who is believed to have magic powers. But it's hard to figure out because the Margo's just been stalking the streets of New York yelling at strangers, which I think is her regular deal.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Mr. Squishy posted:

This storyline's so odd that I went through the archive to try and figure it out... I think Margo's been cursed?

That person she's talking to is her soon-to-be step-mother, if Margo can get the marriage off the ground in her role as a wedding planner. Diane is... someone who's opposed to that, who is believed to have magic powers. But it's hard to figure out because the Margo's just been stalking the streets of New York yelling at strangers, which I think is her regular deal.

When I was a kid I didn't realize that not all strips had to have punchlines in them, and I just assumed all drama strips had weird jokes I couldn't understand. I've found Apartment 3-G and a lot of other soap strip work very well when you imagine they're just disconnected strips with strange punchlines you just don't get.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

A Corpse! You shouldn't have!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The dead branch with the green healthy leaves on it?

Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is just playin'.

Working Daze understands the manager/employee dynamic.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gives us six easy steps.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gives us six easy steps.

I can't tell if Doug is the artist self insert or the father.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

SomeMathGuy posted:

Why, would that be the same Wally who was MIA and presumed dead in the Middle East twice, thus subtly foreshadowing the fact that we're about to go through the whole Hollywood outsider plotline again?

You mean with Pete and Darin? Because the only foreshadowing here is that Wally's about to get a promotion. And maybe move to an apartment above a broken-down pizza place.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

With Pete and Darrin, yes. My point was more that Batiuk recycled a plotline with Wally and I'm fully expecting the other plotline to be recycled. Made obtusely and with a bad joke, admittedly.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

It's actually a really nice town. I usually stop and eat lunch there on my way to our western Ohio terminal. That said, it does not, in fact, have a Hard Rock Cafe.

1 Wants a lovely job done well, but isn't willing to do it himself.
2 Offers to pay flat rate which sounds high to him, but probably at or below minimum wage.
3 Hires an untrained kid to do the job with no training or instruction.
4 Gets mad when the kid fucks it up, and screws him out of his pay.

fuckyougotmine.txt

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

I don't know why I made this, but I did.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

Apartment 3-G

Here's hoping Bolle goes full Fletcher Hanks before he's done.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Esplanade posted:

Here's hoping Bolle goes full Fletcher Hanks before he's done.

This is not an emptyquote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

There are teachers in New York, Luann. Your two dreams don't have to be mutually exclusive.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Just completely unconcerned that he was recently unmasked and now one or both of these guys knows who he is.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

• Locked thread