Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Brady Hoke, the man who can't say more than 4 words in a row without stopping and saying uhhhhh landed a gig with XM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Spiritus Nox posted:

What is Adidas' fascination with meaningless visual noise?

They are basically just the worst and I only hope that my worst rival gets outfitted in their atrocious poo poo (LOL MIAMI). It feels like they hired designers from the worst corners of the internet instead of anyone that understands graphic design/using the bodies lines to accentuate components of the uniforms vs just STUFF.

Adidas uniforms are like that guy you see with an awful tribal tattoo that doesn't make sense and doesn't fit on whatever overly tanned pointlessly toned muscle they put it on.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Brady Hoke, the man who can't say more than 4 words in a row without stopping and saying uhhhhh landed a gig with XM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DJExile posted:

It's entirely possible they do. They have 4, maybe 5 games they'll be favored in. Sparty and OSU are going to destroy them, Utah gets them out west, and Maryland, Penn State and Minnesota won't be pushovers.

Harbaugh's a drat good coach but he doesn't exactly seem to have much in the cupboard left from Hoke.

Cupboard getting a bit more empty since one of their DTs, Bryan Mone, is out with a broken legbone of some sort. One place says its an ankle, another place says its a fibula break. Either way he was set to have a nice season this year.

D.N. Nation posted:

Mizzou played UGA the second week in their first SEC season and got their asses kicked. Ever since, their conference openers I swear have been in November.

The best part about this win was one of the Mizzou defensive players talking poo poo about "old man football" and UGA just went in and poo poo all over them in their house.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

The best part about this win was one of the Mizzou defensive players talking poo poo about "old man football" and UGA just went in and poo poo all over them in their house.

Sheldon Richardson is one of those guys you love if he's on your team but you wish he'd just shut up now and then.

Also not street race while high with a kid in the car and all.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
21 days until TCU vs Minnesota and NC vs SC. 23 days until Texas vs Notre Dame. The anticipation is killing me. I'm gonna have to watch some preseason NFL just to calm the shakes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Very relieved to hear Marquez North only has a sprained knee. No more injuries, please.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

21 days until TCU vs Minnesota and NC vs SC. 23 days until Texas vs Notre Dame. The anticipation is killing me. I'm gonna have to watch some preseason NFL just to calm the shakes.

minnesota beat tcu, texas upset ntore dame, baylor win everything, and then baylor vs mich state rematch in championshp (baylor champs 2016)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I don't know if the rest of your teams are doing this but VT's got a Snapchat account going and it's pretty awesome. They put up 5-7 minutes worth of practice/after practice stuff each day and they're pretty open about giving kids the phone and letting them do some as well. Nothing big but it's a nice little peek at the players. It's simply vtfootball if you want to take a look.

Also Tim Settle(true freshman 5* DT) is an absolutely enormous human being. He's 6'3 and 360lb as he reported to campus although with one week in the books he's probably dropping pounds already. I imagine they'll let him play pretty big around 320lb or so because he's a traditional 2 gap DT which is quite the rarity under Foster.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Virginia WR TJ Thorpe (a senior transfer from UNC) broke his clavicle and will be out for ten weeks, or about half the season. He was a solid WR at UNC and was projected to start for us. We are fortunately somewhat deep at WR. Doni Dowling (who was projected to redshirt with an injury) may come back this season. But losing a starter still sucks.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duke Williams is back at practice; coaches say he is at the "bottom of the depth chart". Seems unlikely to stay there too long, since he is "much better than everyone else."

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Duke Williams is back at practice; coaches say he is at the "bottom of the depth chart". Seems unlikely to stay there too long, since he is "much better than everyone else."

Isn't he a projected first round pick?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

paperchaseguy posted:

Virginia WR TJ Thorpe (a senior transfer from UNC) broke his clavicle and will be out for ten weeks, or about half the season. He was a solid WR at UNC and was projected to start for us. We are fortunately somewhat deep at WR. Doni Dowling (who was projected to redshirt with an injury) may come back this season. But losing a starter still sucks.

The worst part about camp is all the injuries. I hate seeing guys go down for the season without playing a snap. Especially with how much work even scout team players do on the offseason.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

korrandark posted:

Yeah. Everyone was surprised he didn't leave last year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't know if the rest of your teams are doing this but VT's got a Snapchat account going and it's pretty awesome. They put up 5-7 minutes worth of practice/after practice stuff each day and they're pretty open about giving kids the phone and letting them do some as well. Nothing big but it's a nice little peek at the players. It's simply vtfootball if you want to take a look.

SC's been doing it too and it's fantastic. My streak of not being able to attend a fall practice has continued, so this is a nice consolation prize.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

korrandark posted:

No bullshit: 'Quille probably could've gone straight to the NFL from high school. Dude is that talented.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
So, a judge just ordered USC to allow expelled TE Bryce Dixon back to being unexpelled after deciding his due process rights were violated when he was expelled due to a sexual misconduct allegation. Whether he ends up back on the team remains to be seen, but given USC's awful depth at TE, I bet he's the starter by the opener. Considering there have been a lot of complaints lately about the way schools don't handle sex crime allegations properly (Notre Dame, Oregon basketball, Oregon State football in recent years) and other complaints about schools railroading anyone accused with no real recourse (as Bryce Dixon alleges, or that case at Amherst), this might get ugly in college football in the near future.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Much-needed TE recruit and early Namesman Trophy contender Devonaire Clarington tells the Austin American-Statesman that the NCAA has had all of his paperwork for a month and they still haven't told him whether he can enroll or not.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Tad SG posted:

So, a judge just ordered USC to allow expelled TE Bryce Dixon back to being unexpelled after deciding his due process rights were violated when he was expelled due to a sexual misconduct allegation. Whether he ends up back on the team remains to be seen, but given USC's awful depth at TE, I bet he's the starter by the opener. Considering there have been a lot of complaints lately about the way schools don't handle sex crime allegations properly (Notre Dame, Oregon basketball, Oregon State football in recent years) and other complaints about schools railroading anyone accused with no real recourse (as Bryce Dixon alleges, or that case at Amherst), this might get ugly in college football in the near future.

good, the loving kangaroo courts colleges set up are an orwellian nightmare

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Kansas with something genuinely funny for once.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Raku posted:

good, the loving kangaroo courts colleges set up are an orwellian nightmare

At this point, college males just need to understand that any hooking up with alcohol involved puts their entire future on the line.

As for Dixon, USC just said that he is welcome to be a student again but will not be a student athlete, so he'll likely transfer. Someone's getting a heck of a tight end!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Tech has been running EVERYONE through WR drills to start the camp. I'd love to see some of the linemen running routes on air and trying to catch some passes.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Tad SG posted:

At this point, college males just need to understand that any hooking up with alcohol involved puts their entire future on the line.

about that

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

MourningView posted:

http://deadspin.com/im-a-grown-rear end-man-how-miami-trolled-the-hell-out-o-1723879297

Deadspin excerpt from an upcoming book about Saban. It's mostly about how Dolphin's players reacted to Saban's college dictator bullshit and is basically the greatest thing.

The image of Keith Traylor just standing there relentlessly taunting Saban because Saban is contractually barred from making him run while Saban just seethes in impotent rage is so wonderful.

Sounds like a must buy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I love these videos

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

That is their starting punt returner.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Tennessee possibly lost Marquez North for the year.

Probably not a good omen in their quest to end their 10 year losing streak.

I think you owe me an apology for scaring the poo poo out of me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MindlessHavok posted:

I think you owe me an apology for scaring the poo poo out of me.

Burned by scuttlebutt.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I just wonder how it went from a sprained knee to out for the season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A friend of mine on facebook is having a massive meltdown over Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon as a grad student.

"If Vernon Adams is a Grad Student at Oregon, I should be able to get my PhD there this weekend." What? Is Adams a total dumbass?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MindlessHavok posted:

I just wonder how it went from a sprained knee to out for the season.

Sprained knees are a sort of tear, when you go down with a sprained knee, the "worst" to assume is that of ACL tear. Jumped to conclusions, wound up with out for the season.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

seiferguy posted:

A friend of mine on facebook is having a massive meltdown over Vernon Adams transferring to Oregon as a grad student.

"If Vernon Adams is a Grad Student at Oregon, I should be able to get my PhD there this weekend." What? Is Adams a total dumbass?

Has your friend just discovered that people use this loophole to exploit asinine NCAA transfer restrictions? Don't tell him that Jeremiah Masoli never got his masters from Ole Miss.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

seiferguy posted:

He very well might be. But so are most college football players

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
To all grad schools I have official got my diploma paper can you send me you'll email and I will forward it to anyone

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

To all grad schools I have official got my diploma paper can you send me you'll email and I will forward it to anyone

I have a buddy in admissions at Wake Forest. I'm sure he gets plenty of cover letters just like this.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

In same boat and I have no idea what constitutes being competitive in applications besides "great letters of rec"

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

In same boat and I have no idea what constitutes being competitive in applications besides "great letters of rec"

It was a cecil cherry joke I think

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

pillsburysoldier posted:

According to my dad (who's not in admissions but does a bunch of research) it's a combination of:
  • What school you went to
  • Grades at said school
  • GRE scores
  • Recommendation Letters
  • Maybe something else I forgot

But he's in a small science field so it might be different for other fields.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

pillsburysoldier posted:

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

computer parts posted:

According to my dad (who's not in admissions but does a bunch of research) it's a combination of:
  • What school you went to
  • Grades at said school
  • GRE scores
  • Recommendation Letters
  • Maybe something else I forgot

But he's in a small science field so it might be different for other fields.

Can I trade out GPA for a lot of different research projects and >90%iles for the general gre and biology subject gre?

I'm dumb :(

• Locked thread