Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Crabtree posted:

The Cult of Cream. Do not, my friends, become addicted to Monster Brew, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence!
There's an intriguing new quote to dig into quite often, you don't think Todd Howard is going to go media blackout on us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

henpod posted:

Nah I can look at anything here, just rather it wasn't a page with boobs and so forth. I'm sure it'll resurface somewhere. I bet the comments are great haha.

Found this - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3169yj. Can't see a whole lot.

Someone mentioned that they would like to see an allusion to the Great War occurring right before Halloween. Does the orange thing at 2:46 look like a paper pumpkin to anyone else?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DXHR's hacking minigame wasn't bad but a lot of it was superflous. There was basically never any reason to use the commands other than Capture, god forbid upgrading them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Heavy Metal posted:

There's an intriguing new quote to dig into quite often, you don't think Todd Howard is going to go media blackout on us?

Even with Cream's incite, always be prepared for a dry spell. November 10th is still a long ways away.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

computer parts posted:

They should steal Deus Ex: HR's hacking mini game imo.

It was neat because the game was still going while you were taking a shot at the hacking.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

So how is Fallout 4: Good Edition coming along? I want to know what happened to Vault City.

Is this a thing? Can we call refer to ropekid as Todd Howard: Good Edition from now on?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

JOHN FALLOUT: [seeing the same model of a terminal for the 4,000th time] Hmm... Never seen one of these before. Guess I'm gonna have to take a gamble on it. Even though gambling sucks. Imagine gambling all the time, like in a big preserved pre-War city or something, factions, interesting people to meet. That would be so stupid and suck. Things are way better out here, with the town full of children, epic baseball memes, personality-free character models you can gently caress, and so on.

He speaks this line of idalogue every time you hack a computer

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I wonder if you name your character fallout will that robit call you fallout.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It has lines for Mr Fuckface so why the hell not

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is there a fallout shelter thread or do people ever discuss fallout shelter in this thread because I have a question

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

khy posted:

Is there a fallout shelter thread or do people ever discuss fallout shelter in this thread because I have a question

Go for it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

it's not like Bethesda is rushing to release more F4 info, I started playing Shelter today too

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 14, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Lotish posted:

Go for it.

I sent out an explorer and when she returned under the Stimpack/radaway icons it showed two pistols and a radiation suit. I assumed this was loot she was bringing back, so I clicked 'collect' and she ran inside. However when I check my storage there is no rad suit and no pistols. Was I wrong? Did I screw up somehow?

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

henpod posted:

Nah I can look at anything here, just rather it wasn't a page with boobs and so forth. I'm sure it'll resurface somewhere. I bet the comments are great haha.

Found this - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3169yj. Can't see a whole lot.

All trolling aside, how do I know that that wasn't just a fallout 3 mod? It looks the exact same

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Turds in magma posted:

All trolling aside, how do I know that that wasn't just a fallout 3 mod? It looks the exact same

sorry about your eyes :( please go see a doctor

khy posted:

I sent out an explorer and when she returned under the Stimpack/radaway icons it showed two pistols and a radiation suit. I assumed this was loot she was bringing back, so I clicked 'collect' and she ran inside. However when I check my storage there is no rad suit and no pistols. Was I wrong? Did I screw up somehow?

A resident I sent to explore should be returning soon with also 2 weapons and 2 outfits, will report back if any bug happens

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm also having a bug where I click the missions icon to see what I need to do to get more rewards and the game crashes. SO MUCH FUN.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I take it you're on Android? I don't think i encountered anything like that on the Ipad.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Lotish posted:

I take it you're on Android? I don't think i encountered anything like that on the Ipad.

Yup. But actually I am having a lot of fun so far, even if a few of these bugs are really aggravating.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Fallout 4 hasn't even been released yet and they already hosed up porting their stupidly popular version of it to the Android.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

frajaq posted:

sorry about your eyes :( please go see a doctor

A resident I sent to explore should be returning soon with also 2 weapons and 2 outfits, will report back if any bug happens

-5.25, my eyes are poo poo :(

much like fallout 4

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They added animations for using stimpacks on yourself. If they add an animation for drinking and/or using morphine, I can strip naked and play these games the realistic way they deserve: As a crazy person wildly self-medicated who runs screaming from one psychotic break induced mishap to another.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

khy posted:

Yup. But actually I am having a lot of fun so far, even if a few of these bugs are really aggravating.

I don't think the game is fun at all, but I respect that they figured out the dopamine reward cycle pretty well.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sparatuvs posted:

I don't think the game is fun at all, but I respect that they figured out the dopamine reward cycle pretty well.

All they had to do was copy the hundred or so other games that have already perfected it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm enjoying Fallout Shelter so far. It will be nice to have something to pass time when I'm waiting for appointments or whatever.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"This doesn't just have a chip, it's got a PCI bus..." John Fallout remarks as he unwinds a spool of wire from his PipBoy and plugs it into the terminal. A "dial-up" tone immediately plays, followed by Fallout announcing that he's "hacking the mainframe!"

A pseudo-Tetris game appears, except the blocks are replaced by shaped code. Every time a line is eliminated, Fallout says something like, "Took out the firewall!" or "Rerouting!" The worse s/he is at hacking, the faster the pieces fall.

If the player is accompanied by a party member, they'll both huddle around the terminal and hammer on the keyboard like apes while saying stuff like "I've never seen a refresh rate like this!" and "Hang on, let me get a higher resolution..."

ENHANCE BY 100%!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

khy posted:

I've never seen that happen on iPad. Did the explorer equip the rad suit? I've had them find better gear and equip it. Also if the "collect" button is red I think it means you dont have enough storage and it might trash the items if you can't store any more.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Zombie Boat posted:

I've never seen that happen on iPad. Did the explorer equip the rad suit? I've had them find better gear and equip it. Also if the "collect" button is red I think it means you dont have enough storage and it might trash the items if you can't store any more.

I think I figured it out. If you tap an item before you hit collect, it marks that item to be sold for caps instead of being added to your storage. I think I may have mistakenly done that!

sparatuvs posted:

Much like nearly every other game out there!

khy fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 14, 2015

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hopper posted:

Random post:
I went into the new exhibition in the Dublin Science Gallery today. It is called SECRET and is about encryption etc.
They have a lock picking exhibit where they give you a lockpick and let you try your luck at 1,2,3,4 and 5 pin locks that look exactly like fallout locks. I failed at the 4 pin one.

Go see it if you are in Dublin line, it is really good and free.

I'll check it out.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Mr Handy exploration quotes are amusing to me. I can hear the british accept from FO3/FO4 in my mind when I read these and it's great.

"Hello! Yes you, sir! I was wondering if... Oh. You're a corpse. Well then. Carry on."

"A domestic robot dedicated to cleaning. Wandering a post-apocalyptic landscape. My OCD is going HAYWIRE."

"I think I'm getting... custodial withdrawal. i may have to enter one of these old homes and sweep up for a bit."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

khy posted:

"A domestic robot dedicated to cleaning. Wandering a post-apocalyptic landscape. My OCD is going HAYWIRE."

This kind of makes me wish poor Muggy would make a cameo.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Let's not have anything from OWB (the Mothership Zeta of New Vegas) taint anything else please

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

frajaq posted:

Let's not have anything from OWB (the Mothership Zeta of New Vegas) taint anything else please

But OWB was funny and good, unlike Corridor Zeta

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
That's a lovely opinion you should cram back up your rear end. OWB is the best DLC of 3/NV, by a long shot. I'll fight you, or get my dad to fight your dad, or something.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Sorry, the best DLC is Honest Hearts.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I get if someone doesn't like OWB compared to relatively serious everything else, but FULLY ERECT HAND :dong: s is just too hilarious to pass up.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

Sorry, the best DLC is Honest Hearts.

After visiting the actual Zion Valley and realizing it looks absolutely nothing like it in-game Honest Hearts is ruined for me

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
New Vegas isn't canon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Nothing is Canon. Everything is modable and/or craftable.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Nothing is Canon. Everything is modable and/or craftable.

Apropos to this I cannot wait to mod the poo poo out of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Fun fact: "Jack Badass" is an anagram for "Bad Jackass"

• Locked thread