Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Constant Hamprince posted:

Fun fact: "Jack Badass" is an anagram for "Bad Jackass"

:troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Nothing is Canon. Everything is modable and/or craftable.

CHIM flows into the wasteland

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

And it's an anagram for "sad jab sack".

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

RentACop posted:

CHIM flows into the wasteland

I want cliffracers in the boston wasteland

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Replace ghouls with those Draugr things instead. Skyrim was actually Massachusetts all along. And they blew it up, they blew it all up

Those maniacs.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

We need some actual news to come out or I am afraid you'll all start eating each other

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

We need some actual news to come out or I am afraid you'll all start eating each other

Start? One of em is already in the oven.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i only take the cannibal perk on gimmick runs

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Eonwe posted:

i only take the cannibal perk on gimmick runs

Do you know how offensive that is? You shouldn't just denigrate an entire culture like that, how would you feel if someone said "I only play a black character on my high str / low int gimmick run" or "I only give my character a big nose when I do my high speech / barter & no combat coward gimmick run". I thought we were past this casual racism bullshit.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

khy posted:

Much like nearly every other game out there!

The app is literally something you have to check on every 10 minutes and click on something, it really might as well just be my work email. Except the app convinces you that you're accomplishing something every ten minutes.

It's basically masturbation.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fallout shelter stopped working on my phone after less than 24 hours A+ would install again.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

sparatuvs posted:

The app is literally something you have to check on every 10 minutes and click on something, it really might as well just be my work email. Except the app convinces you that you're accomplishing something every ten minutes.

It's basically masturbation.
I don't think a boring app game is worthy of being compared to one of the finest institutions we have here on earth, quite frankly.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

JackBadass posted:

And it's an anagram for "sad jab sack".

Only a hundred more to go before you can claim the crown.

vvv one hundred and one vvv

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 14, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh jesus christ no way

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

frajaq posted:

oh jesus christ no way

Defend your title, champ. You can do it. I believe in you!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Backhand posted:

After visiting the actual Zion Valley and realizing it looks absolutely nothing like it in-game Honest Hearts is ruined for me

I wouldn't say absolutely nothing, but it's definitely compressed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

frajaq posted:

oh jesus christ no way

truly the king of poo poo mountain.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

computer parts posted:

So people would prefer being forced to traverse a 590 KM/2 national park on foot for the sake of realism?

And I suppose these are the same people who think you can walk from the heart of DC to Virginia in a couple hours.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

So people would prefer being forced to traverse a 590 KM/2 national park on foot for the sake of realism?

And I suppose these are the same people who think you can walk from the heart of DC to Virginia in a couple hours.

Maybe you can't :smug:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

computer parts posted:

Yeah I can't wait to see the real thing in a few weeks when I have to fix up trails and chainsaw invasive tree species

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Backhand posted:

After visiting the actual Zion Valley and realizing it looks absolutely nothing like it in-game Honest Hearts is ruined for me

You're upset that a fictional future post-apocalyptic location differs from reality?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

sparatuvs posted:

The app is literally something you have to check on every 10 minutes and click on something

Much like Clash of Clans, Plunder Pirates, Boom Beach, and many many many many other popular app games out there!

We get it you don't like the mobile game. Some people enjoy things other people don't. Crazy, huh?

E: Whoops. Was gonna edit the previous post and clicked submit by habit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

khy posted:

You're upset that a fictional future post-apocalyptic location differs from reality?

All I'm gonna say is the STALKER series did a much better job in that regard.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cojawfee posted:

I'm enjoying Fallout Shelter so far. It will be nice to have something to pass time when I'm waiting for appointments or whatever.

I liked it right up to the point where you get deathclaws instead of raiders attacking, then it just became tedious

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

khy posted:

I was exaggerating wildly for comedic effect. That being said, I have to admit it did dampen my appreciation for the game version a bit - the real life Zion is the most beautiful place I've ever seen, so it's pretty goddamn hard to measure up to.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

MariusLecter posted:

All I'm gonna say is the STALKER series did a much better job in that regard.

The Chernobyl/Pripyat area was done so well because they fenced off huge sections of otherwise uninteresting nothingness and had you bounce between areas via loading gates. That and the entire exclusion zone isn't that big to begin with. Some of the mods that try to address that by filling in the geometry just gives you extra space to run into wild dogs or blunder face first into an anomaly. For seamless open world games, you either need to make a custom map, or take a true to life map and compress the gently caress out of it. Nobody wants to hike through 20 loving miles of Las Vegas suburbs to get to the strip, or spend 3 IRL hours holding down W to hike between Primm and Vegas.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
STALKER always gave me the impression that you were supposed to have hiked a bit to get to the next area. Like the Ukrainian soldiers you can bribe to get on the road out of the starting area to head further into the Zone.

frajaq posted:

oh jesus christ no way

a nuclear holocaust really is your only hope now

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Backhand posted:

I'm fine if Honest Hearts is ruined for you because my goal was to get people to visit Zion.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Playing Fallout Shelter on the Android and have run into a bug. No matter how long I send people out into the wasteland, they never find anything. No combat, no armor, no weapons, absolutely nothing.

Edit:
Ah, I see, it's because I am a cheating bastard.

Fire Storm fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 15, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rope kid posted:

I'm fine if Honest Hearts is ruined for you because my goal was to get people to visit Zion.
Again I am willing to work for a conservation corps for 3 months to see Zion in person because of Honest Hearts. (well that and Americorps looks good on a resume and gives me some way of paying off crippling student debt :smithicide:)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fire Storm posted:

Playing Fallout Shelter on the Android and have run into a bug. No matter how long I send people out into the wasteland, they never find anything. No combat, no armor, no weapons, absolutely nothing.

Edit:
Ah, I see, it's because I am a cheating bastard.

You betrayed Todd Howard's trust and need even more grind in your dumb, stupid mobile game.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Only a hundred more to go before you can claim the crown.

vvv one hundred and one vvv

Someone has more opinions than me? Bullshit!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rope kid posted:

Rope Kid I have failed you. I keep putting off visiting Zion but I've wanted to since I played Honest Hearts for the first time.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Fallout Shelter would be better if it was made by the Crusader Kings guys.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Perks replaced with genetic traits and manias.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

rope kid posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Rope Kid I have failed you. I keep putting off visiting Zion but I've wanted to since I played Honest Hearts for the first time.

achillesforever6 posted:

Again I am willing to work for a conservation corps for 3 months to see Zion in person because of Honest Hearts. (well that and Americorps looks good on a resume and gives me some way of paying off crippling student debt :smithicide:)

New Vegas veritably stokes the flames of US Tourism!

Why IS the US military moving back into 'Stargate' base deep under the Rocky Mountains a decade after it was abandoned?

quote:

...due (in part) to its mystery, the Cheyenne Mountain Complex has often been portrayed in popular media as a site for secret Government activities. It most recently served as the inspiration for Fallout: New Vegas' "Big MT", a video game about the world after a nuclear apocalypse. Fitting, in other words, for a place like Cheyenne.

Understandably, the video game's depiction has captured the imaginations--and the attention--of various groups. It has become a common destination for tourists--many of whom are surprised when security patrols turn them away before they ever have a chance to see the complex--as well as transparency groups who believe the facility's reopening will usher in a new wave of questionable government programs, as depicted in the game. A year ago, a pair of activists from the 'Big MT Trespassers' organization attempted to scale Cheyenne's walls and gain access into one of the facilities. When apprehended, the individuals reportedly demanded to see "Morpheus"--allegedly a character from the game.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 15, 2015

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Fallout Shelter question: I have read a few places that 2-unit power rooms are more efficient than 3-unit rooms, but that info might be old. Any word on whether that got fixed?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Fallout shelter stopped working on my phone after less than 24 hours A+ would install again.

Nice. On my iPad it hasn't worked since like 4 days after it came out on iOS. A level of quality that lives up to the Bethesda standard.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

time to make cazadors and nightstalkers reality! :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
This interview with the voice of the Female Protagonist and Voice Director is actually pretty good and has some interesting details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-wsVrO2fo

• Locked thread