Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Man you totally showed the author of that lovely clickbait article by linking to it and getting them clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

precision posted:

this drives me loving insane

if you're already gonna translate it why would you not release it in america, do you hate money nintendo? and other companies that have done this poo poo before. shenmue 2, i'm looking at you.
The point that the guy made is that those games don't make money, even something like Xenoblade which was a very well reviewed game that theoretically should have had a fair amount of Western appeal (or at least not be a total non-starter like a lot of the Japan-only games are). The parent companies are usually pretty good at determining what's going to sell, at least of the things that have already been released in one territory. Devil's Third is going to move like 5 copies in the US.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I care about the pc release of devil's third so I can shotgun and katana a guy while carrying a chicken and/or watermelon. Also because it's presumed to be free (this part is important).

The thought of buying a no-appeal multiplayer game on the wii u is exceptionally funny to me.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah the multiplayer is guaranteed DOA in the US. I'm glad it's getting a PC release because that kind of game is extremely my poo poo.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

yo so what the gently caress is a PlayStation TV and can I play the PS1/2 games I had bought on my roommate's PS3 on it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

setafd posted:

yo so what the gently caress is a PlayStation TV and can I play the PS1/2 games I had bought on my roommate's PS3 on it

its a vita that you can hook up to your tv, so you can play the ps1 games but not the ps2 games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

setafd posted:

its a vita with no screen, camera, or touch capability and a pack in ds3

it plays a limited whitelist of vita, psp, and ps1 games and allows for streaming games from a ps4 to the pstv via remote play. I think they're giving it psnow streaming games too but idk for sure

it does not play ps2 games. it is a crippled vita designed to ride the tv accessory wave as an also ran while getting rid of lots of vita parts nobody wanted.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The hero gotham deserves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQQCjld7FQ

Sleeveless posted:

Man you totally showed the author of that lovely clickbait article by linking to it and getting them clicks.
:confused:

It's a post on medium, not an article on a website trying to drive clickthrough traffic for ads. It's the equivalent of someone posting something on their personal blog to advance their own (very dumb) personal agenda, but it's not clickbait.

I know everyone is new to the internet at some point or another, but please, put a little more effort into thinking about things for a minute before mashing the post button. :justpost:

victrix posted:

I care about the pc release of devil's third so I can shotgun and katana a guy while carrying a chicken and/or watermelon. Also because it's presumed to be free (this part is important).
Free to Play, not free.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

well, in THAT case I'll find a used PS3 or something

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Rocksteady man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74l2OZIAw5Q

setafd posted:

well, in THAT case I'll find a used PS3 or something
Well a used PS3 isn't anywhere as cheap as the bargain basement and dropping prices the failure that is the Vita TV is going for, but it will play more of the games you want, including all PS1 games (no bloody whitelist).

As others have mentioned, the Vita TV *could* have been for the price, but Sony apparently wants it to fail.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh great it has those touchpad things instead of analogue sticks.

That's just a prototype design, right? It looks like the WiiU's big ugly gamepad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWKA6WKDMHA
Hello gamers. I. am a gamer and I've come to tell you about my brand new gaming rig of which I use to frag all the noobs.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hardcore games skills like hitting the s button a lot, then the q button, then the s button again.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why are mobas such garbage and why do people keep playing them despite everyone admitting that they're not having fun?

There is no bigger turn off to me than something proclaimed to be an "e-sport"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why are mobas such garbage and why do people keep playing them despite everyone admitting that they're not having fun?

kids don't have money to buy games that cost money and think they'll be an e sports millionaire one day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wish I knew

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Dude don't mess with these guys they're super intimidating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fighting games are the good e-sport

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

it's cool how video game nerds are literally parroting arguments from 1920s fascists

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's fun with friends, but none of my friends play Dota so...

Never, ever play MOBAs with strangers.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ekster posted:

Yeah I gave heroes of the Storm a shot since they are giving out rewards for diablo 3. I got to level 3 before I said gently caress this because people stood around arguing and throwing tantrums(and we were fighting against the computer AI).

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

it's cool how video game nerds are literally parroting arguments from 1920s fascists

which fascist was it that really hated kotaku?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

No Such Thing posted:

Franco.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

counter strike is good. too twitchy and execution-based to have a huge e-'sport' infrastructure/scene though, it's too hard to play for nerds who just want to spend hundreds of hours memorizing patterns and strategy

Ekster posted:

if you don't play with strangers you'd have to play with people you know, and that would involve revealing that you play MOBAs in public, so better idea: don't play MOBAs at all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

No Such Thing posted:

Ford, probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

counter strike is good. too twitchy and execution-based to have a huge e-'sport' infrastructure/scene though, it's too hard to play for nerds who just want to spend hundreds of hours memorizing patterns and strategy

if you don't play with strangers you'd have to play with people you know, and that would involve revealing that you play MOBAs in public, so better idea: don't play MOBAs at all

CS has a pretty healthy scene though.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

In Training posted:

CS has a pretty healthy scene though.

it's like a tenth the size of even DOTA, as far as i was aware at least

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 14, 2015

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

MOBAs are bad, but MMORPGs are awful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

it's like a tenth the size of even DOTA, as far as i was aware at least

Yeah, that's stronger than most.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ekster posted:

MOBAs are bad, but MMORPGs are awful.

I don't get how PC gaming can proclaim any sort of superiority when it single handedly supports these two derelict genres.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was a year or two where PC would get interesting indie games you couldn't find anywhere else, but now those are all timed console exclusives anyway, and there is no reason to have a PC over a console unless you really like DOTA and League.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

In Training posted:

There was a year or two where PC would get interesting indie games you couldn't find anywhere else, but now those are all timed console exclusives anyway, and there is no reason to have a PC over a console unless you really like DOTA and League.

this is exereemly true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

lot of people care about performance i guess but good enough is good enough imo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
PC stands for Poor Choice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

lot of people care about performance i guess but good enough is good enough imo

This I suppose. Like I wouldn't mind if FFXV came out on PC so I could play it at 60fps. But it also wouldn't have trophies so it's a wash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

This I suppose. Like I wouldn't mind if FFXV came out on PC so I could play it at 60fps. But it also wouldn't have trophies so it's a wash

what does steam have instead like a trading card game for laundering drug money? i don't pay attention to all those notification that pop up when i'm just trying to necrodance or whatever on my laptop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

what does steam have instead like a trading card game for laundering drug money? i don't pay attention to all those notification that pop up when i'm just trying to necrodance or whatever on my laptop

They have steam achievements that nobody cares about bc you can edit a text fil and give yourself all the Cheevos.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

In Training posted:

They have steam achievements that nobody cares about bc you can edit a text fil and give yourself all the Cheevos.

:o

doing this right now!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

papers please is still a PC exclusive :colbert:

also seriously what is the deal with the steam trading card market, why are people paying me 10 cents or more for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

precision posted:

papers please is still a PC exclusive :colbert:

also seriously what is the deal with the steam trading card market, why are people paying me 10 cents or more for them

People on Steam are weird.

I sold all my poo poo a while ago and got a game with it.

• Locked thread