Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Rixty minutes 2 featuring Everyone Loves Meseeks.

Every character is a Meseeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Sockser posted:

Justin Rolland is really good at making silly dumb characters. Mr Poopybutthole fills the same niche that Me Meseeks did and I'd prefer to get characters in that archetype than ever see s other Meseeks.

Mr. Poopybutthole has gotten a lot of development since season one, too. If anything he's sort of ascended from being a side-character. Remember that scene in episode four or whatever where he sits Morty down and helps him with his homework? Considering how both Rick and Jerry gave up on him, it's a weirdly touching moment, especially out of this show.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What makes the Simpsons post-season 8 terrible is that the writers have no confidence in any of their ideas, so they just fling poo poo at the wall. Remember that heart-rending episode with Homer and his mother? Well in a later episode she returns for all of five minutes before dying, and then the rest of the runtime is a James Bond spoof.

Justin Roiland is a fan of Golden Age Simpsons and has said he doesn't the show to be bogged down with wacky side-characters, which means Mr Meeseeks won't be overused.

Speaking of Mr Meeseeks (LOOK AT ME!) did anyone else notice him in the background at Ritz N Chips?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

KoRMaK posted:

But I woulnt mind seeing what the meeseeks do in their own universe

Not exist. It'd be a pretty boring episode.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Speaking of Mr Meeseeks (LOOK AT ME!) did anyone else notice him in the background at Ritz N Chips?

yeah that was a good use of a side character, its not doing anything important to the plot but theres a mini story going on if you notice it

like if in a few episodes you see a group of that second hivemind's guys talking to some zigerian scammers in the background, as long as they don't have any active part in that episode's story it's totally fine

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

VideoTapir posted:

Not exist. It'd be a pretty boring episode.

I'd watch Hangin' With Mr. Meeseeks

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Existence is pain to a Meeseeks, Jerry!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

a shameful boehner posted:

Existence is pain to a Meeseeks, Jerry!

Exactly.

You sick fucks want to torture them with existence just for your own amusement.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

*pushes the button on a meeseeks box*

"I want you to exist for a hundred years :twisted:"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Mr. Meeseeks, I'd like you to fondle my balls, please.

Oooooh! Caaan doooo!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

KoRMaK posted:

But I woulnt mind seeing what the meeseeks do in their own universe

They don't do anything in their own universe, it doesn't exist. The creatures are created by the box, stop existing after finishing their tasks, and are driven to complete them by pain. The longer they live, the more miserable they are, so they strive to be unmade by finishing their assigned tasks.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

This might be like wishing for a genie's freedom.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Nevvy Z posted:

This might be like wishing for a genie's freedom.

Which kind of genie? The Disney genie where he becomes your magical uncle / best friend? Or the genie from 1001 Nights where he rewards you for your faith by murdering you and your family?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The first one, but the genie is played by John Leguizamo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gosh it'd probably turn out like the 1001 Nights one seeing as thougha few days was enough for the Meseeks to want to kill Jerry.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

He'd end up destroying the universe to stop existing sooner, way to go jerk, you destroyed the universe.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

They don't do anything in their own universe, it doesn't exist. The creatures are created by the box, stop existing after finishing their tasks, and are driven to complete them by pain. The longer they live, the more miserable they are, so they strive to be unmade by finishing their assigned tasks.
In their universe, they have it exist on some level. Like, maybe as creatures without time or space.

And maybe when they are brought into our universe, they suddenly have to deal with operating in space and time

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
They don't have a universe. The box makes them. They hate existing, so they do things in order to stop existing. That's it.

Don't think about it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Guy A. Person posted:

He'd try and get ahold of the 4th-dimension testicle monster to bubble him forward in time

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

they have to exist tho, in some form. it would be very unfamiliar to us, maybe we wouldnt even call it existence, but for them it is.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

they have to exist tho, in some form. it would be very unfamiliar to us, maybe we wouldnt even call it existence, but for them it is.

Why? There is absolutely no reason they have to exist before the button is pressed.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

KoRMaK posted:

They don't.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

KoRMaK posted:

Yeah this is just flat out not true.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You're thinking about this like a real Jerry.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I love this Jerry roleplaying. I call BIrdman.

Wuba Lubba Dub Dub

E: oh poo poo his name is birdperson ive been exposed as a rick and morty fan fraud

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 14, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Birdperson, you chauvinist dick. :colbert:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

im not suprised that you guys dont get it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

KoRMaK posted:

:goonsay:

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Strobe posted:

Birdperson, you chauvinist dick. :colbert:

Shut up gearhead.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

Next you're going to argue Pluto's still a planet.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

TequilaJesus posted:

Next you're going to argue Pluto's still a planet.

Pluto, never forget.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

KoRMaK posted:

I'm not surprised that you will be typing up the excruciating details on fanfiction.net later, jerry.

r0ck0 posted:

Shut up gearhead.

Do you even know my real name?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

KoRMaK posted:

They don't exist before the button is pressed, they're basically just an interface device for the box which contains whatever knowledge they're using to help people, and even that is probably just poo poo the box is effectively "googling" from some network. I'd say they were some quantum computing process, and maybe they are to an extent, but if that were true one would have the knowledge needed to help Jerry and that clearly wasn't the case.

But seriously, don't think about it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
All right, all right, cool it! I see what's happening here. You're both young, you're both unsure about your place in the universe, and you both want to be the thread's favorite.

Now, listen—I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as I'm concerned, you're both pieces of poo poo! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically. Actually, l-l-let me grab my whiteboard. This has been a long time coming, anyways.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Brightman posted:

They don't exist before the button is pressed, they're basically just an interface device for the box which contains whatever knowledge they're using to help people, and even that is probably just poo poo the box is effectively "googling" from some network. I'd say they were some quantum computing process, and maybe they are to an extent, but if that were true one would have the knowledge needed to help Jerry and that clearly wasn't the case.

But seriously, don't think about it.
They knew how to help Jerry, Jerry just wasn't willing to listen.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I feel like we need to see another Meeseeks episode sooner or later, the idea is too cool to leave alone. Cameos here and there are nice to tide me over though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NowonSA posted:

I feel like we need to see another Meeseeks episode sooner or later, the idea is too cool to leave alone. Cameos here and there are nice to tide me over though.

I feel like they did everything they needed to w/ the concept. It'd feel kinda cheap to just get 'Meeseeks episode #2', but then again the show is still fresh & amazing.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I think there could be some cool stuff to explore with the Meseeks, but it needs to be better than just another Meseeks episode.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Jerry should be seeking help for something the whole episode, reluctant to ask Beth, or Rick, and see the box in the garage when no ones around. Hesitation, a tentative reach. Cut to credits. Post credit scene is just a Meseeks punching Jerry in the face over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Funkmaster General posted:

that may be untrue. when rick, morty, and summer were trapped between existence and non-existence they should have been in a state of super-imposed existence and non-existence, but there was no visible difference in that measure. perhaps "existence" is having quantum observer status (ie: able to influence the world/timeline). if rick hadn't escaped perhaps he would have returned to the real world but as a phantasmagoric being that is unable to be observed or make any effect on the real world. basically, maybe rick would've been shadowbanned from life if he didn't reclaim his existence.

• Locked thread