Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The latest Rifftrax short features music from Progress Island. Also, menstruation.

Such as walking or holding a tennis racket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Drastic Actions posted:

It's not as good as their other ones (this one feels a bit more improvised and relaxed, less scripted) but it's still worth getting. I do hope too they do a full length movie at some point.

My wife thought this was the funniest one they've done, and at the Steel tampons for me riff she started laughing too hard to actually form words until the short was over. Though she's also watched old sex ed films on Youtube for laughs before.

I've liked all their riffs too, though I do have a little trouble hearing them sometimes. Bridget seems to have some quieter lines that sometimes get drowned out a bit by the short's audio.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got an email notifying me that I had a free $10 gift certificate to use on the RiffTrax site because I haven't bought anything from the site in a while. What should I get with it? I don't think I can use it towards a ticket to the Miami Connection live riff. I haven't seen anything they've put out digitally in a while. All I've seen from them recently are live riffs in theaters.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Life in the Suburbs is a good short and a good introduction to Mary Jo Pearl and Bridget Nelson.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I got an email notifying me that I had a free $10 gift certificate to use on the RiffTrax site because I haven't bought anything from the site in a while. What should I get with it? I don't think I can use it towards a ticket to the Miami Connection live riff. I haven't seen anything they've put out digitally in a while. All I've seen from them recently are live riffs in theaters.

I'd probably go with Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare or Stone Cold. With that being said, Megaforce does include the following...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

For $10 you can buy one of the shorts DVD's. Also use the coupon code IAMBACK for $15 off.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAT CAR!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Just finished Julie and Jack

Question: What the gently caress did Ada Lovelace and the Stellachip have to do with anything?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Just finished Julie and Jack

Question: What the gently caress did Ada Lovelace and the Stellachip have to do with anything?

Well the Stellachip was just the product that Jack had to sell. Really, he could have had any job, but Nguyen used to sell chips so...

As far as his Ada Lovelace obsession, all I can figure is Nguyen wants to bone her as badly as he does Tippi Hedren.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Okay but why did Jack need to have a subplot about needing to sell a product in the first place?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Which part of "Nguyen used to sell chips" did you not get?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Okay but why did Jack need to have a subplot about needing to sell a product in the first place?

Literally nothing in this movie makes any sense. You're trying to make sense out of something that nonsensical.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Between this and Birdemic, Nguyen has a pathological need for validation through congratulatory boardroom scenes.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I watched Megaforce

Was this one of those things that were supposed to be a TV series? It has that feel.

The plot is completely underwhelming for some ultra fighting team; like they just annoyed the most incompetent armor commander in the world and then left. James Bond could have caused as much destruction as them on accident.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

PrinceRandom posted:

The plot is completely underwhelming for some ultra fighting team; like they just annoyed the most incompetent armor commander in the world and then left. James Bond could have caused as much destruction as them on accident.

I'm still not 100% sure what the actual plot was. I even read the wikipedia plot afterwards, and it was still...illogical lol

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I just watched Stone Cold and I really love it. It was just a great, lovely, sleazy action movie, with a good riff.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

2DCAT posted:

I'm still not 100% sure what the actual plot was. I even read the wikipedia plot afterwards, and it was still...illogical lol

What are you talking about, this makes perfect sense. Allow me to sum up the plot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbLQ5VHMigU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Ensign_Ricky posted:

What are you talking about, this makes perfect sense. Allow me to sum up the plot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbLQ5VHMigU

lol. the confused look on Duke Gurerra's face at the very end is basically the look that was on my face throughout the entire movie :aaa:

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I unironically liked stone cold . It is some fine early 90's macho cheese - good riffing but perfectly watchable on its own merit .
I will also like to note that stone cold is in some way a thematic prequel to man of steel , as in both of them the hero pretty much fails at saving the endangered civilians .

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Looks like they're dipping back into the MST3K pool.

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-magic-sword

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Looks like they're dipping back into the MST3K pool.

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-magic-sword

I've been a fan of doing new ones from the Joel era. For whatever reason, I seemed to enjoy the later mst3k series more than the old ones (if only they'd redo some of the season 1 stuff). I'll have to pick this one up this weekend!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I like the finnorussian movies

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
One plus of redoing MST3K movies is that they can show the whole movie. They were nonsensical enough without all the cuts they made for time.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 14, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God I hope they do Robot Monster soon.

That's a classic

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I really hope they go back to the Season One stuff. Robot Monster especially deserves a second take.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Burkion posted:

God I hope they do Robot Monster soon.

That's a classic

This would make me the happiest person ever.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

PrinceRandom posted:

Me too. Jack Frost and Sword and the Dragon (was there even a dragon in that????) are two of my favorite MST3ks. I don't mind watching, and am in fact highly entertained, by truly horrible movie riffs like Birdemic, but overall if the movie is sort of charmingly incompetent a goofy I find it easier and more fun to watch. Guy from Harlem is a good example in the Rifftrax era. It's bad, but it doesn't take itself too seriously and it would be fun to watch even without the riff.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I just discovered this movie the other day by complete accident, and I had to pass along the trailer to the RiffTrax guys... I really hope they get to do this movie.

Carver's Gate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1HPbNoIk8

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Overwined posted:

It's bad, but it doesn't take itself too seriously and it would be fun to watch even without the riff.

Thank you for giving us TWO REASONS!!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
So The Magic Sword isn't a godawful movie, like Servo said when it was first riffed. I thought the scene with Sybil making her brew as different sound elements were added with each ingredient was a very cool touch, actually :shobon:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PrinceRandom posted:

Me too. Jack Frost is goofy, but it's a fun movie, and I've heard that The Magic Voyage of Sinbad was actually a very good well respected fantasy film that got butchered in translation.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MITCHELL.

Seriously, then we can finally see what happened to John Saxon ...he died in a dune buggy accident

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

So The Magic Sword isn't a godawful movie, like Servo said when it was first riffed. I thought the scene with Sybil making her brew as different sound elements were added with each ingredient was a very cool touch, actually :shobon:

I dunno, just watched it and it was pretty bad. I mean.... the whole dragon-fighting scene at the end was pretty terrible.

The rifftrax take on it was kind of average. a few parts saved the day the...namely the entire virtual boy scene, the santa and the ice cream bunny stuff, the dog-transformation conversation, and the dragon fighting scene. I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

MITCHELL.

Seriously, then we can finally see what happened to John Saxon ...he died in a dune buggy accident

Plus, we almost get to see Mitchell's buttcrack while he's wrapped in a bedsheet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Plus, we almost get to see Mitchell's buttcrack while he's wrapped in a bedsheet.

That was great stuff. That part where we were all 97% sure they'd show that guy's balls, but they didn't.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That was great stuff. That part where we were all 97% sure they'd show that guy's balls, but they didn't.

Maybe the same moment but. Was it Mitchell or Final Justice when they show a close-up of JoeDon's crotch and something starts to fall out, and the host goes WHAT!? and it turns out to be a beer can falling down his pant leg.

Pretty sure that was Final Justice and Mike?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

2DCAT posted:

I dunno, just watched it and it was pretty bad. I mean.... the whole dragon-fighting scene at the end was pretty terrible.

The rifftrax take on it was kind of average. a few parts saved the day the...namely the entire virtual boy scene, the santa and the ice cream bunny stuff, the dog-transformation conversation, and the dragon fighting scene. I'd give it a 8 out of 10.

My favorite part of The Magic Sword is that the Magic Sword ceases being a Magic Sword about halfway through.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

revdrkevind posted:

Maybe the same moment but. Was it Mitchell or Final Justice when they show a close-up of JoeDon's crotch and something starts to fall out, and the host goes WHAT!? and it turns out to be a beer can falling down his pant leg.

Pretty sure that was Final Justice and Mike?

It was Mitchell. He his his gun in his waistband when Linda Evans the prostitute comes over. It was Joel yelling "What!"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

raditts posted:

My favorite part of The Magic Sword is that the Magic Sword ceases being a Magic Sword about halfway through.

Mine had to of been the ring theft. It was so amazing, enchanting, and magical!!! I can't believe none of the writers stopped and said "wait a second here... are you SURE this is how you want this to occur?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Sorry if this is old news, but I was picking up some titles on the site and I saw this:

quote:

BACK TO SCHOOL SALE! Use coupon code LEARN for 15% off almost everything!

And it saved me a couple bucks on picking up the latest shorts, the last two National Geographic episodes, and The Magic Sword. You could save money too! By spending it!

• Locked thread