Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jarogue posted:

Better then the last two pieces of equipment that had 3 of the same ability.

Where did you get that outfit? I guess I just missed it in the store. I saw the japanese headband thing but I didn't realize there was an accompanying sushi apron thing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Zaphod42 posted:

Where did you get that outfit? I guess I just missed it in the store. I saw the japanese headband thing but I didn't realize there was an accompanying sushi apron thing :allears:

It was winner of some fan competition and was added recently along with the Ika Musume clothes. It also includes the sandals.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
God, I hope this game becomes a big franchise for Nintendo, I love everything about it. The whole world, lore, characters, style, gameplay (and I hate shooters!); no totally new game has charmed me like this in a long, long time. My wife asked if we could move the Wii U from the game room to the living room so she could watch me play more "because it's just so fun." When the hell ever has a game been this fun to just watch?! And Nintendo bonus I get to play it with everyone and not worry about someone calling my 6 year old a n*&&$% c^$%^ f#%%*^.

And of all websites, Cracked sold me on Splatoon with this article: "The 6 Problems With Third Person Shooters (Just Got Solved)" http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-nintendo-will-save-us-from-awful-shooter-video-games/

That guy gets it, gently caress metacritic.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It'll absolutely become an ongoing franchise, it's doing extremely well in Japan and the sales trends rival other mainstays like Smash and Mario Kart.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I can't wait to play Splatoon tonight.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Bird Law posted:

God, I hope this game becomes a big franchise for Nintendo, I love everything about it. The whole world, lore, characters, style, gameplay (and I hate shooters!); no totally new game has charmed me like this in a long, long time. My wife asked if we could move the Wii U from the game room to the living room so she could watch me play more "because it's just so fun."

This has been my exact experience (except our Wii U was already in our living room, if you want to split hairs). Even my wife, who literally hadn't played any games since the N64, has recently started playing it after watching me and she's loving it. For that to happen with an online team shooter, of all genres, is pretty amazing, all things considered.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It'll absolutely become an ongoing franchise, it's doing extremely well in Japan and the sales trends rival other mainstays like Smash and Mario Kart.

I wish it was doing juuust slightly less-well enough that I could find any squid keychain capsule machines that aren't completely sold out all the time. I definitely don't think anyone anticipated it would be quite this much of a hit, but it's super awesome that it is.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 14, 2015

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

Hopping Ghost posted:

This has been my exact experience (except our Wii U was already in our living room, if you want to split hairs). Even my wife, who literally hadn't played any games since the N64, has recently started playing it after watching me and she's loving it. For that to happen with an online team shooter, of all genres, is pretty amazing, all things considered.

I wish it was doing juuust slightly less-well enough that I could find any squid keychain capsule machines that aren't completely sold out all the time. I definitely don't think anyone anticipated it would be quite this much of a hit, but it's super awesome that it is.

Yeah I really want those amiibos, but I'm not paying scalper prices for them, it's a shame so much content is locked behind something that's almost impossible to pay a reasonable price for. Will the amiibo cards be an alternative for people who just want the game content and not the figurine or is it something totally different?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bird Law posted:

Yeah I really want those amiibos, but I'm not paying scalper prices for them, it's a shame so much content is locked behind something that's almost impossible to pay a reasonable price for. Will the amiibo cards be an alternative for people who just want the game content and not the figurine or is it something totally different?

Amiibo cards are just for Animal Crossing right now. The original plan for the cards was to print'em for whatever didn't sell well out of the first few waves of figures, but that plan went right down the toilet when just about every model cleared the shelves worldwide in their initial runs.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I can't wait for the day I can play splatoon with a custom soundtrack for the first 2 minutes of BGM

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Bird Law posted:

A friend is gonna lend me his Splatoon amiibo so I can play the content but I know I'm still going to eventually break down and buy my own set to make my desk fresh.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

The Splatoon amiibo are the first ones I've ever been interested in, so I have to ask all you amiibo experts: Should I buy the Splatoon amiibo now, or will the price go down? Like, do the prices on amiibo generally go down over time, or do they just keep going up due to the rarity? Or does it depend on the demand for that particular amiibo?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

arcsig posted:

The Splatoon amiibo are the first ones I've ever been interested in, so I have to ask all you amiibo experts: Should I buy the Splatoon amiibo now, or will the price go down? Like, do the prices on amiibo generally go down over time, or do they just keep going up due to the rarity? Or does it depend on the demand for that particular amiibo?

They're pretty steady now pricewise as Nintendo have shored up the backlog of reprints, and EB Games Australia actually discounted a few to $12 as part of their :siren:BIGGEST SALE EVER*:siren: including the Splatoon Boy and Girl. The Splatoon Three-Pack's starting to get a little scarce though.

*until the next one

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Splatoon has turned out to be a massively popular game that exceeded Nintendo's expectations. There probably weren't a ton of amiibo made just due to an estimate of a lack of interest. With that popularity though, there will probably be reprints.

Rei Keima
Aug 9, 2015

Zero Knight

They know nothing but fighting.
Fighting is the sole reason
for their existence.

Saint Freak posted:

*bonus points if they paint/inkstrike the enemy spawn which might be the most actively detrimental thing you can do.

An opponent did this and managed to win because of it. All four of us got wiped out at nearly the same time, upon 3/4 respawn, incoming Instrike delayed our leave long enough for them to take the Tower to the goal for Knockout.

Any goons want to splat it up in some Private Rainmaker games on release tonight?

arcsig
May 29, 2015

I'm just terrified that if I buy the Splatoon amiibo I'm going to become one of the addicts, and my living space is going to become cluttered with plastic Nintendo figurines.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do I stop the second hightide era song from playing

it's really bad and I want it to leave

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Which one is that? I'm not too wild about any of the new music but there's one that's so boring that I think it actually negatively affects my performance.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

which one is the second one, because I agree that one of the hightide era songs are bad but I am curious if we share the same opinion

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Learn to like jazz. Jazz is an excellent genre.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

arcsig posted:

I'm just terrified that if I buy the Splatoon amiibo I'm going to become one of the addicts, and my living space is going to become cluttered with plastic Nintendo figurines.

Hahaha, you poor fool it's already too late.

I only wanted a Shulk, and now I've got an Olimar, Yarn Yoshi, along with preorders for a ROB and the special edition of Super Mario Maker :shepface:.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I would love a menu for the soundtrack like smash bros has where you can set how likely songs are to play.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It's annoying that Splatoon actually unlocks stuff with amiibos that arent just cosmetic with no other way to get them. I just wanna get those stupid minigames without shelling out like 80 bucks :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gutcruncher posted:

It's annoying that Splatoon actually unlocks stuff with amiibos that arent just cosmetic with no other way to get them. I just wanna get those stupid minigames without shelling out like 80 bucks :argh:

I'm damned annoyed that some cheeky fucker decided they should only release the Squid Amiibo in a three-pack. It's the only one I want, dammit! :rant:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I still think that the worst part of the new music (that is great music) is the jarring change between musical styles as the one minute remaining music kicks in.

They should Splatfest it by having one minute remaining songs recorded in the style of the music before it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaubocks posted:

I still think that the worst part of the new music (that is great music) is the jarring change between musical styles as the one minute remaining music kicks in.

They should Splatfest it by having one minute remaining songs recorded in the style of the music before it.

Speaking of, wasn't there supposed to be new Splatfest music too in the big August update?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of, wasn't there supposed to be new Splatfest music too in the big August update?

There is no new Splatfest music in the Splatoon 2.0 patch.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BattleMaster posted:

Which one is that? I'm not too wild about any of the new music but there's one that's so boring that I think it actually negatively affects my performance.

This one

I really don't like it at all.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I want to listen to Take on Me and 99 Luftballons and Don't Stop Me Now as I paint territory

But only until the 1 minute mark

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This one

wow that's hosed up and totally backwards because the other hightide era song is the one that's actually bad

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLFP7RfHPY
So apparently the tower can move faster. Huh, news to me

arcsig
May 29, 2015

LethalGeek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLFP7RfHPY
So apparently the tower can move faster. Huh, news to me

quote:

1 Inkling = 41.5 seconds
2 Inklings = 33.3 seconds
3 Inklings = 28 seconds
4 Inklings = 24 seconds
Wow, that's actually a massive difference. With the squad I've been playing, we usually only leave one person on the Tower and have the other players defend him from the sides. Looks like we have to revise our strategy.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

arcsig posted:

1 Inkling = 41.5 seconds
2 Inklings = 33.3 seconds
3 Inklings = 28 seconds
4 Inklings = 24 seconds

The video shows
1 Inkling = x1.00 speed
2 Inklings = x1.25 speed
3 Inklings = x1.48 speed
4 Inklings = x1.73 speed

But I bet the actual values in the code are
1 Inkling = x1.00 speed
2 Inklings = x1.25 speed
3 Inklings = x1.50 speed
4 Inklings = x1.75 speed

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I wonder if run or swim speed boosts affect it at all. I doubt it, but you never roe.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Not a Children posted:

I want to listen to Take on Me and 99 Luftballons and Don't Stop Me Now as I paint territory

But only until the 1 minute mark

Also Gut Feeling by Devo but yes this is a good list.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'm sorry but those are from the 80s. Something more fresh is needed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This one

This song is really cool and you aren't living up too your name.

All the new music is good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rexroom posted:

I'm sorry but those are from the 80s. Something more fresh is needed.

Cool stuff stays fresh longer, and nothing's cooler than 80s pop.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

This song is really cool and you aren't living up too your name.

All the new music is good.

The vocals kill it for me mostly, and it doesn't feel as lively as any of the other songs.

Truth be told I don't care for either Hightide Era song but in game this one is just so quiet

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like that song, it might be my favourite of the new ones. It's really hectic and fun when it gets to the part at 0:34 in the middle of a firefight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Chill Penguin posted:

I can't wait to play Splatoon tonight.

- Me, every day

• Locked thread