Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

No Safe Word posted:

"TC = Trash Carry" isn't just a twitch meme it's also pretty true

He'll carry you into the abyss of suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Patsoul please come back to nadota

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

lol

I'm gonna miss this thread being spammed with Clown 9 images.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

lol

I'm gonna miss this thread being spammed with Clown 9 images.

For a team so dysfunctional I sure tuned into their games more than any other team.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

RiskyChris posted:

For a team so dysfunctional I sure tuned into their games more than any other team.

People can't but help to watch a trainwreck

0staf
Jun 11, 2006

FFE or die trying
Peter Dager
‏@ppdDota
open tryouts for EG, no anime watchers allowed.

EternaLEnVy
‏@EternaLEnVy1991
@ppdDota alright i'm willing to quit ani gently caress YOUJ

lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

http://kotaku.com/league-of-legends-pros-arent-happy-about-riots-latest-l-1723450285

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

does league not have multiple server locations im pretty sure every online game does

Khorne
May 1, 2002

drunken officeparty posted:

does league not have multiple server locations im pretty sure every online game does
If you pick south america (latin america north) in league you actually get queued onto florida so if you're east coast just play on a server that speaks a different language than you to have a better ping. You can also play on eu servers because it's the same ping as US if you're an east coaster playing on one of these lovely company's latency-reliant games that hosts "US" servers in california.

The real issue is that they are getting rid of their california infrastructure to setup in chicago? That just seems dumb. Why not branch out and allow players region locked to US to pick between the two locations (or pick both at once).

I'm not that picky about ping, I mean obviously having 15 to NY is sweet and I'd pick it everytime if I could, but anything up to around 70ms is fine for pretty much all genres. The problem is if you host in Cali (portland included) or NY (virginia/nj included) you're forcing half of the country to have 90-110 ping which is unacceptably high.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 14, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the point is more they're crying about an almost unnoticeable amount of lag in a game that doesn't punish you that severely.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

apparently the LoL playing population of NA just isn't high enough to justify two servers the way they'd have to set it up. i think valve made the right call with all the servers existing separate of your account. only downside is that the foreigners sneaking on to our glorious white people only servers.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Khorne posted:

The real issue is that they are getting rid of their california infrastructure to setup in chicago? That just seems dumb. Why not branch out and allow players region locked to US to pick between the two locations (or pick both at once).

This is because the client is still based off of Adobe air and is a steaming pile of poo poo. They're getting rid of it because officially they don't want to segment the na player base but in reality it's because they're balls deep in spaghetti code that ties each account to a server and you can't freely transfer between them without forking over $25 so they've just sorta gone "why bother"and given up on it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

They were testing the new servers the other day and random normal games were being played on them. The Technology Is There to use multiple servers, and I can understand why they're doing this, it just isn't a good idea.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like how Riot Vs. Valve is basically a race to the bottom.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The only thing worse than reading League news, is reading Californians talk about quitting their six-figure job if they're forced (but not really forced) to move out of California.

Somehow, that story combines both things.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Craptacular! posted:

The only thing worse than reading League news, is reading Californians talk about quitting their six-figure job if they're forced (but not really forced) to move out of California.

Somehow, that story combines both things.

They don't seem to mind enough leaving those fuckers have been swarming north into Washington for decades now

Get out, state's full :argh:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I assume this is a troll: https://twitter.com/Aui_2000/status/632366266536214528

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I should hope so, Aui's techies won them some games almost singlehandedly

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

If you have to kick aui_2000 to bring in EE at support, it's a no brainer.

e:
Aui 2000 ‏@Aui_2000 50s50 seconds ago
can someone from eg just loving confirm so idiots stop tweeting me its fake

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

I don't see the angle for trolling. What's the payoff, here? Who does this fool and what's to be gained by fooling these people?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

quote:

can someone from eg just loving confirm so idiots stop tweeting me its fake

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat techies spammer cant wait for this patch to nerf that poo poo good move by eg anticipating the patch

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Aui is not Iceiceice nor Bulldog. He doesn't really get enjoyment from trolling people, or posting crap with #kappa at the end, etc.

I guess he wasn't salty enough.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

I mean I don't see why you kick Aui from EG but for some reason I find Aui telling the truth more likely than this being some kind of lame troll.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
:ohdear:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Greg Laird ‏@WhatIsHipTV 6m6 minutes ago
yes AUI is actually kicked from EG. guess teams really do place value on some players rather than others.

Sumail Hassan ‏@SumaaaaiL 2m2 minutes ago
@Arteezy is joining EG

EternaLEnVy ‏@EternaLEnVy1991 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
@Aui_2000 I'll confirm it if if means anything :(

Sumail I could believe is trolling. Aui and Gerg on the other hand...

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Xtanstic posted:

Greg Laird ‏@WhatIsHipTV 6m6 minutes ago
yes AUI is actually kicked from EG. guess teams really do place value on some players rather than others.

Sumail Hassan ‏@SumaaaaiL 2m2 minutes ago
@Arteezy is joining EG

Sumail I could believe is trolling. Aui and Gerg on the other hand...

what the gently caress is going on

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I mean I don't see why you kick Aui from EG but for some reason I find Aui telling the truth more likely than this being some kind of lame troll.

Well presumably some other world class player from some other team is leaving them and is willing to join EG. Still, that's a hell of a move to replace someone from the team that just won you TI, especially when they looked pretty comfortable doing it and won the last big tournament before TI as well.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That doesn't make any sense to boot a support to make way for a mid/carry.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

VDay posted:

Well presumably some other world class player from some other team is leaving them and is willing to join EG. Still, that's a hell of a move to replace someone from the team that just won you TI, especially when they looked pretty comfortable doing it and won the last big tournament before TI as well.

They have their reasons. I mean, they have to, you don't break up the team that won TI for no reason. I just wish I had a guess as to what they were.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
RTZ wants to play mid and has problems with PPD. I could see him briefly standing in for Fear but nothing more than that.

Unless Aui is secretly as dickish as Envy is (unlikely), or EG is getting Notail... And I'd think that would actually be a step down.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What in the world

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zai + RTZ back 2 EG.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

At this point I am willing to believe that EG collectively decided to troll everyone.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

The only slight I've heard against Aui, and mostly heard this from aui himself, is that he gets whiny or talks too much during the game.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Considering he has an EG banner on twitter, and EG in his desc I'd hope it's a troll

If I was backstabbed like that I'd remove their branding instantly

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
PPD probably just played a pub game that was ruined by some rear end in a top hat Techies extending it for an hour and had to take out his anger somehow.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

weird toppings guy posted:

Considering he has an EG banner on twitter, and EG in his desc I'd hope it's a troll

If I was backstabbed like that I'd remove their branding instantly

it literally happened less than half an hour ago.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I say bring back 2013 EG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

it literally happened less than half an hour ago.

and it takes seconds to remove that stuff

• Locked thread