Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

GalacticAcid posted:

Jeb! is taking the Trump route and shedding all hint of subtlety, just being himself.

Money blunt 4 prez.

The X-man cometh posted:

At this point, O'Malley needs to give up on the left-of-Hillary but right-of-Bernie game and just lean into the Carcetti image.

"Yeah, I'm a scumbag, but I get stuff done. I know how to work the system and gently caress over everyone."

A Trump for the left.

O'Malley 2016: I'll Eat The Bowl of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol look at that sad plate

Shhh, you're gonna awaken the defender of the IOWA CHOP.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Thump! posted:

God corn dogs are gross :barf:

You are so loving wrong omg.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lincoln is the first candidate to show himself.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
The Donald laying down truth bombs on msnbc right now.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Ahahah. All the questions are in the form "x called you a dick? do you have a sick burn in response?"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MSNBC knows how to coax Trump into annihilating his enemies.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Trump just called Jeb Bush a puppet. Nice!

"The guy's going down the tubes! He's going down the tubes! He's got no energy."

Now he's coming out in favor of campaign finance reform, calling for making donors known. He says all of his Republican rivals are illegally colluding with their PACs.

sharkbomb fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 15, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
He's such a show man.
"Hey Cory how much time do we have?"
"Enough time for one more question"
"Great thanks, We'll take two more questions."

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

sharkbomb posted:

Now he's coming out in favor of campaign finance reform, calling for making donors known. He says all of his Republican rivals are illegally colluding with their PACs.

loving amazing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So like would Trump be unironically a better president than Hillary? I don't know what to believe anymore.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm happy with this crowd. It is a mix of old and young that is skewing towards young. Lots (for Iowa) minorities. My gf has recognized a number of big money people for our section of Iowa. She says most she has seen at an event. This is very good.

The atmosphere is totally different from conservative things too. Upbeat and happier. More of a party. It is good.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

So like would Trump be unironically a better president than Hillary? I don't know what to believe anymore.

Nah this is one of those cases where somebody is just shouting "I'll fix everything I'll fix everything"; I know it sounds appealing but there is no substance to this.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

cheetah7071 posted:

No, but he'd be better than any of his Republican rivals.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

"The guy's going down the tubes! He's going down the tubes! He's got no energy."

Wow. He's right too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sharkbomb posted:

:catstare: what is going on?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Does Trump's face look hosed up to anyone else or is there just a contrast issue with the tv at the Chinese restaurant I'm watching at? It looks like he has a rash or something.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is there anywhere I'll be able to watch this Trump thing of which you speak later?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

:catstare: what is going on?

He's saying now that he's all for infrastructure building. This speech is all over the place, china to Iraq to roads/bridges, back to Iraq, Yemen.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is there anywhere I'll be able to watch this Trump thing of which you speak later?

http://www.c-span.org/networks/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Plinkey posted:

He's saying now that he's all for infrastructure building. This speech is all over the place, china to Iraq to roads/bridges, back to Iraq, Yemen.

Again. What is Trump doing? :psyduck:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Some generals are pussies :colbert:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
You know, after all the anti-intellectualism candidates push in the GOP it's refreshing to hear someone just say "I went to the best school. You have to be really smart to get in. :smug:"

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Apparently the guy doesn't write out or rehearse any of his speeches, so he probably doesn't even know what he's doing at this point.

But man is it working for now.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mr Hootington posted:

Jeb! teed himself up, and Trump is knocking it out of the park:

DaveWoo posted:

Quote of the Day - "I'll tell you, taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal." ~Jeb Bush

Jeb! opened himself up to being smacked down hard on Iraq, and it sounds like Trump is doing just that. Remember:

Donald Trump posted:

"In July of 2004, I came out strongly against the war with Iraq because it was going to destabilize the Middle East. I am the only one on this stage who knew that and had the vision to say it. And that's exactly what happened. The region became totally destabilized.
The Donald smells weakness, and he pounces on weakness.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump: "The longest, most beautiful thing you've ever seen. Right over there."

Talking about Qatar's new airport/terminal or something and how they are way better than the US.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I want Donald to get a platform out soon. It will be interesting if it is serious. I mean he sounds like the least lovely republican at this point. It is amazing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A specific platform would the dumbest thing he could do.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

A specific platform would the dumbest thing he could do.

It would but I'm curious.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Trump is going hard after Bush and Paul.

edit: and now Perry.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Trump is loving incredible

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Now he is destroying Fiorina.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is an amazing performance.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now going all out on Carly incredibly underhandedly, it's amazing. :stare:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Now Fiorina. No one is safe from The Wrath of Trump.

Trump wants "horrible human beings" negotiating trade deals for us.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am so sad I'm missing this. I love oration.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I guess Carl Icahn is only going to be Ambassador to China now. Yesterday he got China and Japan. Fickle are the ways of Trumpatronage.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
someone put trump's face on this

I'd do it but i'm bad at photoshop

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald Trump is now literally arguing that he would force businesses to take hits to their stock prices by making them pay more corporate tax.

This is the leading candidate of the Republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Don't offshore my Oreos!

• Locked thread