Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Sisyphus posted:

So uh, is the FC on Cactuar alive? Is it a fun place to be?

Cactuar doesn't have a "goon fc" in the sense you're thinking. There are people on the server who post here, but we're not organized in any particular fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

cheetah7071 posted:

I have definitely seen literal actual bots in dungeons. A summoner in darkhold who followed the tank, cast ruin, and did nothing else. It never rolled on loot and also couldn't figure out how to get to the second section of the dungeon (since that requires interaction).

I guess that's why they bot.

They don't like interaction.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

It just seems like if you bot your #1 goal is not getting caught, and #2 is leveling.

botting dungeons sounds like an easy way to get caught quick.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

more like dICK posted:

I wouldn't mind doing this as a healer, depending on the schedule.

Stanfield posted:

I'd be down for this, DPS preferably but I can do whatever. I'm in Australia though so times might be an issue. Pinky Pavlova in game if you wanna send an invite/friend request/ERP or whatever.
The posts before you guys just hit 8 people, assuming it works out with everyone. I'll definitely let you know if we end up needing someone else though, thanks!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

i had a healer who i assumed was a bot in totorak because they kept following me (the tank) in a weird way and cast cancelling constantly and just behaving like a robot while letting people nearly die

then they spoke and it turns out that ffxiv bots pass the reverse turing test because it was just a terrible player

Just put /follow on the tank, go afk and let Eos heal it!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

hobbesmaster posted:

This is a perfectly legitimate strategy and one of many reasons scholar is the best class. :colbert:

Alternatively, multidot everything and have a very reasonable chance of topping the dps meter.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Question about glamouring: can I glamour a weaver-related item over an armourer-related item?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

conjurer is not a pet healing class

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

SirPhoebos posted:

Question about glamouring: can I glamour a weaver-related item over an armourer-related item?

You can only glamour items that you can wear on that class, so no.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

The glamor item and the item you're applying the glamor to can't have mutually exclusive equip requirements. For example you could glamor a SMN exclusive item like AF gear to DoM gear, but when equipped by the BLM it'll act like there's no glamor and show the base item. You can also glamor something available to all classes onto the same DoM-only gear and have it work fine. You can't mix 'n match different sets though, like DoW gear on top of DoM gear. Unfortunately you can't dress up every class in the WVR AF set.

e: spelling, also efb

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

bonewitch posted:

You can only glamour items that you can wear on that class, so no.

But what about something like this?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/7fabfcccec1/

EDIT: Like, can I glamour it over the Tomestone gear that has the exact same Job restrictions?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 14, 2015

book
Nov 29, 2014

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Is there a goon linkshell on balmung? I play with a bunch of friends and have no desire to transfer but some goons to shoot the breeze with would be nice.

There is. I think Cecille Williams can get you in....no idea who actually owns the shell.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

SirPhoebos posted:

EDIT: Like, can I glamour it over the Tomestone gear that has the exact same Job restrictions?

Easy rule of thumb is that you have to be able to equip the glamoured item -- so, yeah, that's fine. Just remember which type of prism you need.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

You can glamour it, but if your class doesnt match the glamour it wont show up. It will just show the base.

So if you glamoured ARM with WVR and tried to wear it on your ARM, it would just look like the ARM stuff.

e: this is in regards to the equipment restriction, not the crafting class that makes it. The crafting class is irrelevant.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is the first few levels of scholar a little weak for healing? Granted I'm putting my stat points into INT for SMN since I main a WHM, but even with my right side gear being all +MND, the heals seem weak. My INT and MND are pretty much equal right now.

It's still a fun class and a much different style than WHM.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

seiferguy posted:

Is the first few levels of scholar a little weak for healing? Granted I'm putting my stat points into INT for SMN since I main a WHM, but even with my right side gear being all +MND, the heals seem weak. My INT and MND are pretty much equal right now.

Scholar shouldn't really have a throughput problem, how old is your gear? With a recent weapon and some decent armor, you should be able to rely on your fairy for the bulk of your healing as soon as you hit 30, even without points in MND. Adlo is your Cure 2, but you can use it a lot more liberally because of the shield component, allowing you better DPS uptime - or at least, enough time to Bane and get back out.

That said, it can be rough to deal with DoTs until 40, and you don't get a spammable AoE heal until 35, so if those are the problems, it will get better shortly.

Niton fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 14, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

seiferguy posted:

Your fairy can solo heal most sections of most dungeons. You don't really have a cure II equivalent, but you don't need it because of shields and fairy heals.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Niton posted:

Scholar shouldn't really have a throughput problem, how old is your gear? With a recent weapon and some decent armor, you should be able to rely on your fairy for the bulk of your healing as soon as you hit 30, even without points in MND. Adlo is your Cure 2, but you can use it a lot more liberally because of the shield component, allowing you better DPS uptime - or at least, enough time to Bane and get back out.

That said, it can be rough to deal with DoTs until 40, and you don't get a spammable AoE heal until 35, so if those are the problems, it will get better shortly.

All of my gear is the latest HQ stuff including a few dungeon drops. I haven't had as much issue keeping people alive, it just seems like the heals aren't as strong as WHM, and maybe I'm not used to that.

And yeah, a lack of AoE heal is a little annoying, especially when a pubbie tank runs in circle.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

eos is your aoe heal

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So I have never had to post on the ffxiv forums before. In fact i just activated my account to post here and have been playing sense ARR launch. There is a huge problem with this community now. It is extremely toxic. I have a 60 ninja a 60 DRK and i just went back to finish up my bard. So i'm in a dungeon having a good time when all of the sudden im being crucified for having Mage's Bailed up. Being told thats it pointless to have up. Mind you i had it up for the sake of the healer maybe wanting to DPS a little. Every bit of DPS helps. So the other bard in my party is telling me i'm worthless and and i have no clue how a DRK knight plays and blah blah blah. See i have a DRK and i know that when you have Darkside up you don't get the effects of Mage's bailed, but what about when its off. Then Mage's bailed does work. So i tell the Bard maybe she should consider not telling people how to play there jobs. That was it nothing else was said by me. Then all hell broke loose i was told i'm a worthless retard and suck at the game and then was kicked out of the dungeon. Today will be the last time I get on this game, unless there is some saving grace that will fix this toxic community from the egotistical rear end holes that consume it. I love Final Fantasy but this happens to much to make me enjoy a game that is no longer fun. If other have had this please let me know your story and how it has effected you.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

seiferguy posted:

All of my gear is the latest HQ stuff including a few dungeon drops. I haven't had as much issue keeping people alive, it just seems like the heals aren't as strong as WHM, and maybe I'm not used to that.

Scholar does have weaker heals in terms of raw potency then White Mage, and White Mage can make it even crazier with Divine Seal and the pile of HoTs it has.

Scholar has better DPS though, and the shields provide damage mitigation the White Mage can't provide.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

seiferguy posted:

And yeah, a lack of AoE heal is a little annoying, especially when a pubbie tank runs in circle.

Yeah, your visual numbers aren't as big, so it doesn't feel like you're accomplishing that much. But Adloquium is actually twice what it says (three times on a crit!) and your fairy's contributing about half of a Physick every 3 seconds as well. Once you get comfortable with how strong your ambient healing & shields are, you'll feel a lot better about keeping tanks alive.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I kind of wonder how long it'd take a cnj bot to hit 50 just by queuing for sastasha endlessly, /following the tank, and casting cure on whomever is below 80%. Oh and refreshing Protect, since that kind of thing will get people hot and bothered.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Today I ordered a new video card twice as powerful as my old one.

So I will test it by setting everything to ultra and going fishing.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Alternatively, it'll be f2p with a massive cash shop and horrible rng on all high end crafting.

So no change to crafting then?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I don't mind exdr being two dungeons since I remember running AK over and over before there was a roulette in order to cap tomes.
I can do the same with Fractal since I can't get bored of it with it's music.

Unfortunately the exdr rng knows this and gives me Neverreap all day every day :negative:

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

RuanGacho posted:

Today I ordered a new video card twice as powerful as my old one.

So I will test it by setting everything to ultra and going fishing.

It works out quite well, honestly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Unfortunately the exdr rng knows this and gives me Neverreap all day every day :negative:

Yesterday I got Fractal for the first time in at least two weeks. It was very refreshing.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I swear the loving twisters in waukkeon home in on you

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
It's criminal that the Gabul Library duty is only level 59 and you never play it again after 59. I wish they bumped it up to EX DR instead of doing the same two duties over and over. The library was actually really cool. :smith:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Edward_Lapine posted:

It's criminal that the Gabul Library duty is only level 59 and you never play it again after 59. I wish they bumped it up to EX DR instead of doing the same two duties over and over. The library was actually really cool. :smith:

:agreed:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Edward_Lapine posted:

I'm hoping for a hard mode that is a separate wing with at least as much charm.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'd also accept putting some lovely loot in ARF and adding it to EXDR.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd also accept putting some lovely loot in ARF and adding it to EXDR.

For the sake of people doing it for the first time, I am very glad that ARF is not in the EXDR. Even still you get people queuing for it to milk newbie bonuses and demanding speedruns.

I don't know if it's possible, but a thing where you can get it in EXDR but only with other people who are queued for EXDR, that might be nice just to mix it up.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

nuru posted:

I'm hoping for a hard mode that is a separate wing with at least as much charm.
For whatever reason, I keep imagining Gubal HM as a mad dash through a burning library.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

kafziel posted:

For the sake of people doing it for the first time, I am very glad that ARF is not in the EXDR. Even still you get people queuing for it to milk newbie bonuses and demanding speedruns.

I don't know if it's possible, but a thing where you can get it in EXDR but only with other people who are queued for EXDR, that might be nice just to mix it up.

It's gated well enough that you can't really speedrun it aside from just demanding lots of deeps I guess, but yeah I can see the worry there. At least I didn't suggest adding it to MSDR :v:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The music in Library is awful and I don't know how anyone can like it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Verranicus posted:

It's actually really good.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

:airquote:music:airquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Verranicus posted:

You don't like bio-digital jazz?

• Locked thread