Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Nessus posted:

With regards to the kaioken I thought it was actually super dangerous and Goku basically was killing himself using it, it's just that between the Saiyan zenkai poo poo and senzus/bacta tanks this was actually kind of a plus, not a minus? Whereas Krillin might me able to do Kaioken x2 and then try Kaioken x3 and immediately explode.

Goku masters the Kaioken while on the way to Namek such that he can use it in an instant burst without the aura when attacking, so he just incorporates it into his fighting style. The only time it's visible with the red aura and all is, yeah, when he's pushing himself to an insane limit that near kills him.

Later on, in the android saga, Piccolo says that they all do this instant power flaring all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Hey guys, a new Dragon Ball Super ED came out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-5lKoUdZs

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
That ED is pretty amazing.

On a related note, with all the attention it seems to be getting from fans, I wonder if it will push them to fix it for the bluray, if they really weren't going to do so already.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think toei execs care about anything the fans do besides that which you can get at the last day of comiket

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

greatBigJerk posted:

Hey guys, a new Dragon Ball Super ED came out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-5lKoUdZs

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I also read jaco today and thought it was fun and great. The whole thing was thought out from the beginning to the end, it was fun to be accompanied with such different man characters from the Z fighters.

The Dragon Ball Minus stuff was also pretty cool. Even though the Sayans kinda started as Kryptonians, they really became like super krogans. It's like they can't breed very well to begin with or most of their kind have died by conquering planets for Frieza. Goku's dad was supposed to be a scientist, but with sayans you get the basic paradox of bloodthirsty barbarian warriors having scifi-technology, because you really can't have scientists if your tribe lives for war. Maybe Frieza found the Sayans and gave them the technology?

I thought it was interesting for the children to grow to the age of three in a loving pod with nutrient water before being sent straight to the planet they were meant to conquer. Talk about parental love. Kinda makes sense for sayans to be so powerful because otherwise that kind of planning would not work. The DBZ universe has so much of interesting stuff that Toriyama establishing more of it would be just great. Like who is the galactic king who has all the patrolmen?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Bardock being a scientist was an invention of the Ocean Group dub.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Saiyajins just stole tech from the Tsufurujins tbh

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The "Bardock was an average fighter but a brilliant scientist" thing was an invention of the first English dub. Also the Saiyans got all their technology from Freeza (though the anime says they met with the "Arcosians", who may or may not be Freeza's Race).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, but it would probably take him an hour to get there and do you think they have any food worth his time?

Considering he can reverse it, yes, they probably do.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Considering he can reverse it, yes, they probably do.

only by a few minutes though

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I always thought the heart virus was as a result of Yardat germs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bacontotem posted:

I always thought the heart virus was as a result of Yardat germs.

Nah, Trunks says that a bunch of people got it, Goku was just one of the unlucky ones.

Also I guess those people were hosed when it actually started hitting, they didn't have a time traveler bringing them back special medicine.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

in a cut subplot Goku got Yardat germs from his kissing his Yardat wife as he bid her goodbye and returned to his earth family

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
So in Revenge of F, why does Goku have travel ability that's even faster than the strongest being we've ever seen? Whats to stop Whis from using instant transmission?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Batmasterson posted:

So in Revenge of F, why does Goku have travel ability that's even faster than the strongest being we've ever seen? Whats to stop Whis from using instant transmission?

This is in Battle of Gods too, Whis teleports himself and Beerus around and it takes him time to reach King Kai's planet and Earth whereas Goku can do it instantly.

I don't think there's anything stopping him, is there? He just doesn't know the technique. They also seem to work differently. Goku needs a ki signature to lock onto, otherwise he can only teleport around a short distance. Whis seems like he can just go wherever the gently caress he wants.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Prison Warden posted:

I dunno if they were equal with Goku, he was pretty tired.

If I'm mistaken, weren't Vegeta & Trunks doing decently against the Cell Juniors while Goku was getting wrecked because he was exhausted?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whis tried to use Instant Transmission, but Goku beat him with a sack of oranges backstage for having ideas above his station.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Whis seems like he can just go wherever the gently caress he wants.

Yes this. Whis has the better ability because he can go wherever.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
No, I get the differences. But Whis can clearly see anything or anyone that he wants, so he'd be able to abuse it. I mean even drat Kabito Kai can use the ability, its just funny to me that Whis is somehow "limited" to his rainbow travel.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Testekill posted:

If I'm mistaken, weren't Vegeta & Trunks doing decently against the Cell Juniors while Goku was getting wrecked because he was exhausted?

Yep, and in the anime Piccolo is doing better then both of them somehow.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Because he's the best character?? Duh

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Piccolo meditates all the time and gets stronger because of it. I wonder how much stronger he'd get if he meditated in 150x earth gravity. I imagine stronger than Beerus and Whis combined after a few days.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Batmasterson posted:

No, I get the differences. But Whis can clearly see anything or anyone that he wants, so he'd be able to abuse it. I mean even drat Kabito Kai can use the ability, its just funny to me that Whis is somehow "limited" to his rainbow travel.

I think he just doesn't care. Whis is so long-lived and so ancient that the difference to him between a couple of seconds and like an hour is probably negligible.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Prison Warden posted:

I think he just doesn't care. Whis is so long-lived and so ancient that the difference to him between a couple of seconds and like an hour is probably negligible.

Plus, travel time gets on Beerus's nerves and Whis seems to enjoy doing that

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think if piccolo really put his mind to it, he could do anything.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Prison Warden posted:

This is a fair and logical answer, and I accept it. Thank you.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SirDrone posted:

he also does better against bojack.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SirDrone posted:

For all we know Piccolo could have been stronger then Vegeta during the Cell games. Piccolo was the strongest of the good guys during the Android arc after Fusing with Kami being surpassed by Vegeta, Trunks, Goku and Gohan after their Year of Training the Time Chamber. Piccolo then went in for a year after Vegeta and Trunks were beaten by Cell. Goku even stated that Piccolo improved amazingly even if he would not be able to beat Cell.

Vegeta did go in again after Piccolo, but it was stated he did not improve very much due to not knowing a way to improve his super saiyan form and not going the way Goku and Gohan did. Vegeta only really improved again after seeing Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 and for Vegeta knowing that someone can do something helps him immensely in training in order to do the same thing.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

Piccolo meditates all the time and gets stronger because of it. I wonder how much stronger he'd get if he meditated in 150x earth gravity. I imagine stronger than Beerus and Whis combined after a few days.

I don't think gravity matters for meditative training also kurillin and gohan do it too on their way to namek.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
the gravity chamber equivalent for meditation is louder and louder death metal

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The Radix posted:

the gravity chamber equivalent for meditation is louder and louder death metal

No just Gohan whistling in louder and more annoying ways.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Batmasterson posted:

Kibito Kai's is better. He can go anywhere without locking on to ki.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
If Ginyu in Goku's body was super weak cos he couldn't power up and stuff, would Goku in Ginyu have been super strong? He should have just healed up and kept the body.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

sharktamer posted:

If Ginyu in Goku's body was super weak cos he couldn't power up and stuff, would Goku in Ginyu have been super strong? He should have just healed up and kept the body.

It's much better to do good enough in the fight on Earth to bring Yamcha, Tien, and Chaotzu to Namek, then have Ginyu steal Chaotzu's body so you don't need to deal with him ever again.

The SNES game was pretty great.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
But then Freeza kill Ginyu-Chaotzu instead of Krillin which causes Goku to go super saiyan! What a swerve that was.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Bee posted:

It's much better to do good enough in the fight on Earth to bring Yamcha, Tien, and Chaotzu to Namek, then have Ginyu steal Chaotzu's body so you don't need to deal with him ever again.

The SNES game was pretty great.

:ssj: - Wait! Picollo! Don't use the special beam cannon just yet!
:yoshi: - Why the hell not?
:ssj: - I need you to keep punching him and dealing me a little damage in the process. That way I can heal up to full and get a Zenkai. Should only need to do it about fifteen times. That way I'll come back to life stronger than ever!

I have never exploited a videogame like I did that one.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Goku meeting Grandpa Gohan again :gbsmith:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

sharktamer posted:

Saiyan or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
In that special where Bardock goes back in time, fights Chilled and goes Super Saiyan, what happens to him after that? Does he just stay in the past?

• Locked thread