Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
You know, while it would make sense for them to just have different tenta-hair, I'd love it if male Octolings were of a more :cthulhu: nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

giffan posted:

I definitely captured all of our wins. Hopefully I had a good angle!

Btw, S ranks? Even on a new mode they are on a whole different planet from this lowly B ranker.

Those S rankers were so on point that, they had to be using voice chat. I show one Kraken while the the one with the Rainmaker followed behind straight to the goal as a third guy pointed a Killer Wail at the goal mark.

Also here a group photo all four of us. chloe, Gustavo, Shadow and me

Shadow didn't like the idea and tried to hide in the back.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Found a pic of real Splatoon.

I'd like to see a future weapon channel the spirit of Holi and the "ink" is actually chalk dust.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's new Splatfest: Ant vs. Grasshopper, from the old children's fable. Weird but cool, I guess?

Cool, so then we should have one announced soon.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I did it guys. I dunked the fish.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Cool, so then we should have one announced soon.

Awaiting Tortoise and Hare

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's only by the industrious nature of Marie that Callie doesn't freeze and die in the winter.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Do the japanese not have a term for diminishing returns? I see so many of them stacking damage like it matters lol

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

jumbo kraken mod when

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Rainmaker on Skatepark and Depo are great. I go to hand it to them Rainmaker is the best mode I played so far in Splatoon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The only thing Rainmaker needs is that it should, upon being dunked on its pedestal, shoot a spray of ink into the air that then falls and covers every single pixel of coverable terrain in your team's color.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ometeotl posted:

The only thing Rainmaker needs is that it should, upon being dunked on its pedestal, shoot a spray of ink into the air that then falls and covers every single pixel of coverable terrain in your team's color.

I dunno I really like how simple the dunk is, its satisfying as hell but only the one doing it really sees it so if you win its not as special as being the one and if you lose it wont add salt to the injury.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Guys, rainmaker is so good. It's the perfect fit for intense ranked matches.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Glad I was right about how short matches could potentially be.

Even if you lose most of the time you lose within the first minute so it's no biggie.

It does feel like forever if the match starts taking longer and neither team is getting anywhere. Like it just turns into a war of attrition at that point.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jarogue posted:

Those S rankers were so on point that, they had to be using voice chat. I show one Kraken while the the one with the Rainmaker followed behind straight to the goal as a third guy pointed a Killer Wail at the goal mark.

Also here a group photo all four of us. chloe, Gustavo, Shadow and me

Shadow didn't like the idea and tried to hide in the back.

I'm so happy people started following my fresh as gently caress outfit.

Also bucket supremacy.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I swear some of these people are wall hacking something

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

LethalGeek posted:

I swear some of these people are wall hacking something

It's just the netcode, they probably see your movement predicted around the corner before you're actually there and the game believes them when their client says they shot you.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nah I"m talking about times I'm not moving, couldn't have been seen, and the just spin the corner and bullseye me. Not shoot around and find me, flat out there you are BANG.

Won't surprise me to hear it at some point is all i'm saying

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Oh maybe someone figured out how to aimbot in this game. That's probably more likely than wallhacking since as far as I've seen Nintendo has the console locked down tight still, while old-school style aimbots just act as proxies that monitor packets and inject their own.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
You can be killed during the dunking Animation :smith: and if it was less than halfway through the rain maker drops

I almost had finished the match in the first push :negative:

Rainmaker is the best mode but I really need to start hanging out in splatgoons now

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

LethalGeek posted:

Nah I"m talking about times I'm not moving, couldn't have been seen, and the just spin the corner and bullseye me. Not shoot around and find me, flat out there you are BANG.

Won't surprise me to hear it at some point is all i'm saying

Are you sure you just weren't just echolocated?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

How the hell do you counter a particularly weapon? Like I just played some douchehole in Moray Towers who stood at the middle contested section with a sniper and single handedly destroyed any progress we could theoretically make.

I had a zapper and only managed to tag the sunova bitch once or twice. Why the hell can't I switch to a sniper myself and even the score?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Narcissus1916 posted:

How the hell do you counter a particularly weapon? Like I just played some douchehole in Moray Towers who stood at the middle contested section with a sniper and single handedly destroyed any progress we could theoretically make.

I had a zapper and only managed to tag the sunova bitch once or twice. Why the hell can't I switch to a sniper myself and even the score?

You have adequate cover to dash between, just got tease a shot out of them and book it to the next safe spot.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I just realized that I can fling paint vertically with the roller. For that round none of my team members were painting the walls that enable further progress.

I'm level 8 right now, should I even bother buying anything from the shops outside of weapons? If I want better shirts/shoes/headwear should I level up and then go shopping?

And is it basically randomized so every day there's just new stuff in the stores, regardless of what i've bought in the past?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Narcissus1916 posted:

I just realized that I can fling paint vertically with the roller. For that round none of my team members were painting the walls that enable further progress.

I'm level 8 right now, should I even bother buying anything from the shops outside of weapons? If I want better shirts/shoes/headwear should I level up and then go shopping?

And is it basically randomized so every day there's just new stuff in the stores, regardless of what i've bought in the past?

Inking walls doesn't get you points or coverage (slopes do though) and a lot of cases there's nowhere really to climb.

And yeah what's in the stores is random. When you hit level 10 I think Spyke will mug squidkids if you see gear you must have though (he sells it as a marked up price though) As for gear itself just get what you like, at level 20 Spyke will offer to add slots to your gear and reroll its stats so you can make the starter yellow tee as good as the final level gear if you wanted.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 15, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just went 13-0 in rainmaker. It's noice.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Rainmaker rules, rollers are awesome in Kelp Dome since people keep taking the Rainmaker into the corner areas. I like all of the modes so far, I just wish they would add a third map to the rotation and let them switch modes or something.

Nintendo should make a Wave Race 64 reboot with the Splatoon brand, Ink Racer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Got to the Rainmaker and picked off all four of the Bad Guys with a single constant burst from my 52 Gal Deco :smuggo:

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I'm really surprised by how much fun I'm having with Rainmaker. I may or may not be influenced by a game I played earlier in which I inked a path to the goal on Camp Triggerfish while everyone else was doing their thing in other places, then snagged the Rainmaker from the middle of the field and swam down my little path without any interference until I got splatted halfway up the base of the goal. The entire time I was thinking "I can't believe this worked so well," so it was a little crushing not to get to slam down a win after that, but we still ended up taking that match. I love how the Turf War habit of doing my own thing away from the action can pay off so well in Rainmaker, too.

Also, Echolocator is probably my favorite special for this mode; the games feel so much more hectic than the other ranked battle types, so it's awesome to know instantly whether I need to defend or if I can just fearlessly power forward.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Rainmaker, my god, rainmaker.

Just had a match where I had spent the first 30 seconds inking a path from the middle all the way to their platform that stood uncontested for half the match, but the idiot who grabbed rainmaker decided trying to go head on through the entire opposing team through the middle was a MUCH better idea and lost it pretty much instantly.

Soon after I had a match where all four of my team were in the opposing teams end of the skate park with the rainmaker, but the dude holding it musn't of known what to do in this game mode and completely ignored the platform covered in our ink and kept heading towards their spawn.

This mode is without doubt my favourite, but also the only mode where I can't take my eyes off the goal for five seconds without some dork running off to do something stupid with it.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

If you try and snipe in Rainmaker you should get your splatting license revoked.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Ohmygod slamming the Rainmaker down on the pedestal is the greatest thing ever

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just a thought, can you pinch the Rainmaker after the bubble burst even if your team didn't burst it?

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just a thought, can you pinch the Rainmaker after the bubble burst even if your team didn't burst it?

You can make a mad dash for it If the shield didn't get you.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yep, just managed to do this.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Before accidentally melting through the floor grates was one thing, but when you do it while holding the rainmaker and it's right in front of the goal it's like a whole new feeling of screwing up.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I've been away and haven't been able to check myself, is Ranked now rotating between the three modes. Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker? I wonder if they'll ever separate them out.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

comingafteryouall posted:

If you try and snipe in Rainmaker you should get your splatting license revoked.

After getting some advice from you guys about Charger usage a few days ago, I tried it in Rainmaker and had great success. Picking off enemies who are trying to burst the rainmakers shield, and then providing covering fire, is really cool and works a lot better for me than trying it in Turf War.

At least in the bottom ranks I'm starting at people tunnel vision hard on the Rainmaker shield if they don't think anyone's around and it's fun to take advantage of that.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I've been away and haven't been able to check myself, is Ranked now rotating between the three modes. Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker? I wonder if they'll ever separate them out.

I sure hope so, it feels like every time I log on to splatoon it's Splat Zones. I hate Splat Zones so much, gimme the other two modes forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Someone was talking about Splatoon merch earlier, and thought I'd share this; HobbyLink Japan is taking preorders for Splatoon Squid cushions in six colours. They're out in October, but Orange and Lime Green are already sold out.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 15, 2015

• Locked thread