Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Checked out some PvP videos on YouTube and am pretty stoked to plan out some PvP specific character builds. Just hope that they increase the exp rates since everyone seems to be reporting it being insanely grindy even at lv30 and that means less motivation for rerolling characters :[

A level 200 built for PVP will beat a level 150 regardless of what he tries to counter with, so just keep grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Remb posted:

How much was Archeage alpha? $200?

$20 minimum buy-in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Earliest alpha was $200 and a lot of goons were suckered into it.

It wasn't until the closed beta that the cheaper packages let you in.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Silento told me he'd sell me a key for $50 and then ran off with my money, he can't be trusted!

I bet he spent it on Nexonbux for MapleStory while he waits for ToS to come out

I've only spent $50 on Maple this year, so this might be true... :ssh:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New OP is up!! Only took me like 2 days to care enough to figure out gifs!!! Your welcome, nerds!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
looks good

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

Silento posted:

New OP is up!! Only took me like 2 days to care enough to figure out gifs!!! Your welcome, nerds!!!!

I like it.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good OP. Also, I didn't realize that class selection locked you out of the others, so that's good to know.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So we have no timeframe for the open beta or release?

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

She's pretty much casting Katamari. This just keeps getting better and better. :allears:

Well, besides the grind but that's kind of the thing with kMMOs so.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Just looked at the Chronomancer skills.

I look forward to rewinding 10 seconds out of every 300 just because I can.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

QuantaStarFire posted:

Good OP. Also, I didn't realize that class selection locked you out of the others, so that's good to know.

Yeah class selection can be a bit daunting, here's something I found to maybe help you figure it out:

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
That is the opposite of helpful, but it makes me want to play this game even more.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Dackel posted:

Yeah class selection can be a bit daunting, here's something I found to maybe help you figure it out:

I have the impression that this is going to trigger my alt-itis in a very, very bad way....

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You are locked into your class decisions right?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
gaaaaah katamari spell :3:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You are locked into your class decisions right?

Yes, they warn you beforehand iirc

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Also afaik they are aiming for 10 ranks of classes at release, and 888 class combinations is only up to rank 6. :getin:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Kind of wish they stopped calling them classes when each only has like 4-6 skills. I guess some attributes make up for it but still.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Not sure how I feel about the "use it or lose it"-style rank advancement system. Seems like a great way to frustrate both devs and players alike. If any skipped classes could be taken later on it'd make future rebalancing way more simple.

Also I really, really hope you can emote while under Centurion control. That would pretty much make the game for me.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Pyzza Rouge posted:

Not sure how I feel about the "use it or lose it"-style rank advancement system. Seems like a great way to frustrate both devs and players alike. If any skipped classes could be taken later on it'd make future rebalancing way more simple.

Also I really, really hope you can emote while under Centurion control. That would pretty much make the game for me.

Fortunately for you, they changed the class advancement system in the Korean beta! There's no way to tell if this is the final system, but it will certainly open up even more potential class combinations... And hopefully not lead to everyone taking 3 circles in this one super op class. :v:

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
That's some great news if it sticks, I didn't like how I couldn't be both a linker and a psychokino.

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
Silento i need this, i will poop in the sock.

Lets farm together again

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

bongsnake posted:

Silento i need this, i will poop in the sock.

Lets farm together again

K

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ahhh gently caress when is this going to come out already

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

''

agreed

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

It's all Silento's fault!

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
hey does anyone else want to play this game. hosed up question i know!!

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

This is seriously the game I'm most excited for. God drat it.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Luceid posted:

hey does anyone else want to play this game. hosed up question i know!!

Greetings. I want to play the game

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
I would like to play the video game 트리 오브 세이비어.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sacro posted:

I would like to play the video game 트리 오브 세이비어.

I don't know what this means, but same, friend. :)

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Anyone know if there's going to a WoE style pvp in the game?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

As of the time of the global beta there were only 5v5 Bo3 battlegrounds. They weren't in the global beta, though, unfortunately. There are some videos of people playing it in the KR beta, Steparu had at least one that I know of. It's impossible to know if there will be guild PvP, as there are no guilds in game yet! Just cross your fingers and wait. :)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Silento posted:

I don't know what this means, but same, friend. :)

how can you call yourself a real koreaboo if you can't even read tree of savior

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Silento, when is the next beta or whatever?

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
Soon.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

how soon is soon

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

how soon is soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZ9HhHU86o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

forge posted:

Silento, when is the next beta or whatever?

Idk.

I choose to believe this.

• Locked thread