Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Dongattack posted:

Aren't you getting flickering textures/meshes with this many light entities? If not i wanna know how you managed to avoid that, are they really small or something?

EDIT: this ended up a lot longer then I realized

At first it was a loving nightmare, Rayeks original lighting was barely held together and walking in with a torch, which was necessary since it was so dark, made the entire place flicker like hell.

In the last month I basically attempted everything that came to mind, and in the end I got pretty good at figuring out the insanity of Gamebryo lighting. There are several things to know going in:

Shadow emitting lights have hard limits around 4 per cell, or at least in proximity to each other. Any more and you'll have lights fully trigger on and off. Omni / no shadow lights are unlimited, but you have hard limits of light radius overlap on both each other AND static objects. Anything that is being touched by more then 7 light radii will flicker as you move and rotate around it.

The obvious solution is high ambient light in the imagespace and larger, higher radius lights to cut down on bulbs. Unfortunately since this place has a cave attached high ambient light is not a good soliution and high radius bulbs in low ambient give really bad confined brightness issues I didn't enjoy.

At first I tried room bounds, hoping they would disable the lights outside the bounds, which helped to an extent but not well enough. I keep those in place though, for memory and just proper design reasons, and the structure is split into 3 rooms with portals, where that jump bug came from.

I tried occlusion planes after the room bounds, in areas where the room bounds wouldn't work and because hey are more flexible. Didn't do much for the the flickering of objects, especially the huge ones like the giant cave structure for the pool in the middle and the waterfalls, which are an absolute pain in the rear end with flickering problems. I probably spent like 8 hours trying to fix waterfall lighting issues the last month.

The best solution came when I got creative with JIT lighting scripts, or the yellow square/blue ball activators you see in that screenshot. JIT is used by relighting skyrim to enable and disable lights, to work around the shadow light limits. What it also can do though is disable and enable lights behind walls or in other rooms. This let me configure so that I can turn lights on and off as you pass through the yellow activators, which means that I can almost always keep the overlap down to 6 or less. I essentially got the flickering down to almost gone, and the only thing you'll really notice is lights can sometimes trigger a second late as you turn a corner, which is infinitely better given the alternatives.

You can find the scripts on Nexus, and there are really simple tutorials for the basic activator/trigger sets.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Any luck adding an autosorter, thats basically the only reason i'm not using it right now.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Tzarnal posted:

Any luck adding an autosorter, thats basically the only reason i'm not using it right now.

Yeah, it's done, you can find the sort lists on the last page. I grouped them together by type/room they're in. anything not vanilla that doesn't fall in a good category (like bags and bandoliers) isn't handled yet. That'll have to wait for me to rebuild my mod list and test things.

Turns out the scripts need work, some got corrupted and some just seem off to the point I'm recompiling them all so it'll take a little bit more time. Only about 6 though so tonight should be doable.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ASIS question time: After I run the patcher from MO, should I put the SkyProc folder from Overwrite into either ASIS or ASIS Dependency (and should the same thing apply to enchantment mod Wintermyst as well)?

EDIT: Oh and I've also been getting an out of memory error when running Automatic Variants through MO but it's fine if I run the Skyproc through the folder

I delete the Cell part from the USKP whenever I update my Skyprocs and reinstall when done ever since that bug with the recent version was released, if that helps. :confused:

EDIT: The message 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space'.

I allocated some more memory to Java, no dice.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 15, 2015

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Does Fortifier synergize with Mage Armor in SPERG? Or rather, can I take fortifier and Mage Armor, and still use unarmored robes and get the benefits of both?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
How do the Morrowloot 4E crafting changes interact with SPERG? Does one overwrite the other (depending on the load order)? Do I need a special compatibility patch (if such exist)?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Smol posted:

How do the Morrowloot 4E crafting changes interact with SPERG? Does one overwrite the other (depending on the load order)? Do I need a special compatibility patch (if such exist)?

As far as I know, there aren't any compatibility patches for Morrowloot and SPERG to play nice.

EDIT: Morrowloot Ultimate mentions compatibility stuff with SPERG, but you're using 4E edition.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 15, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

As far as I know, there aren't any compatibility patches for Morrowloot and SPERG to play nice.

EDIT: Morrowloot Ultimate mentions compatibility stuff with SPERG, but you're using 4E edition.

Does that mean that they will conflict?

I'm not using either one yet. Installed Windows 10 so I'm reinstalling my mods right now and looking for some new ones as well.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I use SPERG but not any of the Morrowloot mods. For now, I think it's best to err on the side of caution and only use one or of the other (you can also PM Scyantific and ask him directly, he might know).

EDIT: Does anyone know where to get XFLMain.esm? It's a master for an EFF and SPERG compatibility patch.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 15, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I run Morrowloot and SPERG together and never really noticed any weirdness.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
The only connection between morrowloot and sperg should be the leveling speed changes in ultimate. I think the crafting perk stuff doesn't actually conflict like it seems it would, but I'll have to look again to be sure.

Also, my loving roommate is behind on the cable bill so I don't have a good desktop connection even though the house file is done. Can't tether for some dumb reason either right now, but it should' be fixed in thenext couple hours... or someone's gonna die.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I use SPERG but not any of the Morrowloot mods. For now, I think it's best to err on the side of caution and only use one or of the other (you can also PM Scyantific and ask him directly, he might know).

EDIT: Does anyone know where to get XFLMain.esm? It's a master for an EFF and SPERG compatibility patch.

I'd make sure that patch is what you really need, asking for another master usually implies another mod with changes in the .esp you don't want.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

SPERG + Morrowloot Ultimate is totally fine. Just make sure you grab the old mesh fix from vanilla Morrowloot and add it last in your mod order (don't enable the .esp).

Vague and nonspecific crash related issue, I frequently get crashes when I enter into the College of Winterhold map. But it's not every time, and that seems to be the only place it happens. For example if I'm inside the Hall of Attainment and I exit, I get a crash about 50% of the time. The autosave completes though, and I can load it and continue as normal. Also tend to get the crash if I quick travel to the inner waypoint then move forward. Anyone ever seen a similar problem to this? I do have Immersive College of Winterhold installed, so I dunno if this is known to cause crashes or if it might be totally unreleated.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mazz posted:

I'd make sure that patch is what you really need, asking for another master usually implies another mod with changes in the .esp you don't want.

I found a patch that just requires EFF and SPERG, it was listed on the main SPERG page so it should be fine.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 15, 2015

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I found a patch that just requires EFF and SPERG, it was listed on the main SPERG page so it should be fine.

XFLMain is the main EFF file though. If you don't have that file then you don't have EFF installed. It's as simple as that.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

XFLMain is the main EFF file though. If you don't have that file then you don't have EFF installed. It's as simple as that.

I have EFFCore and the other files from it but not XFLMain. Something must be wrong.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

SPERG + Morrowloot Ultimate is totally fine. Just make sure you grab the old mesh fix from vanilla Morrowloot and add it last in your mod order (don't enable the .esp).

Vague and nonspecific crash related issue, I frequently get crashes when I enter into the College of Winterhold map. But it's not every time, and that seems to be the only place it happens. For example if I'm inside the Hall of Attainment and I exit, I get a crash about 50% of the time. The autosave completes though, and I can load it and continue as normal. Also tend to get the crash if I quick travel to the inner waypoint then move forward. Anyone ever seen a similar problem to this? I do have Immersive College of Winterhold installed, so I dunno if this is known to cause crashes or if it might be totally unreleated.

Do you have the mod Personalized Music installed? If so, remove the Winterhold module. I had crash on save consistently with that module, and only that module.

Regarding EFF: I seem to remember that they changed the ESM name at one point, and there was an old compatibility patch for some othe mod that pointed to the old one.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
:siren: I'M FINALLY POSTING SOMETHING OF VALUE :siren:

Everything is finally sorted out.

Here's the link to the file, just grab the 7z in MO like any other manually downloaded mod.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25176577/Mazz%27s+End.7z
(My google drive is making GBS threads the bed and it's too big for tinyupload)

EDIT: I lied, here's a couple screens of some new things:

Some notes:
- The disenchanter only works with player made items, as repeated in the prompt. I'd need to add a bunch of crap to get real capability, and there are mods that do it right which I'll probably just incorporate later on in a separate download.
- The auto sorting system is completely automatic after you dump things in any of the attached chests (which are any that are not generic "storage"). The system can take some time to process stuff, especially books, so just unload everything, close then chest, and wait a minute or two before opening it again. Lots of items = more processing time. Everything is pretty instant except books and some crafting materials due to lots of searching through formlists. The sorting is paused while you are accessing the chest menus (or your inventory when crafting).
- The lever next to the main chest is only required when you want to bring everything back to you, one to grab it all, and once more to re-sort it back.
- The crafting stations are attached to the sorting, all except the staff one because I forgot and you'll never have the items you need anyway. When you leave the crafting the stuff will redistribute to the chests, but might be in your inventory if you check immediately after.
- Mod added stuff and certain vanilla items that don't hit one of the ~30 sorting category will be dumped into the "backup sorting chest" in the smelting area. This is to keep the master chest empty, for clarity.
- The weird crypt chest thing on the fireplace side of the bed is tied to the autosort as a relay of sorts, so I wouldn't leave anything in there personally.
- Pretty much everything related to the CW factions and things with distinct red and blue backgrounds will change based on the battle of whiterun and the garrison markers there. If you go the Stormcloak route, expect a lot more blue throughout the house.

Let me know what you like/dislike or anything I might've missed.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 15, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

1) they're compatible, I think it's just a matter of placement in the load order.

2) download EFF

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Regarding EFF: I seem to remember that they changed the ESM name at one point, and there was an old compatibility patch for some othe mod that pointed to the old one.

Yeah that explains everything, I found a patch that mentioned XFLMain and it threw me off.

:ms:

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I've had a similar problem on occasion. One fix I've found is to go to an interior cell like the Hall of Attainment, type "pcb" into the console, and wait there for a few in game days. I think one of the causes of this kind of crash is certain NPC or creature spawns screwing things up somehow, and this procedure resets those things so the crash doesn't happen. I can't say for sure that it'll fix your problem, but it couldn't hurt to try it.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Mazz posted:

Spent some time moving my things from Jaggarsfeld to your fancy new digs. Everything seems to be perfectly in working order. I really like this place, its compact but it basically has everything I want in a house. This character is level 8 and I only have a golden claw to put on show off, but I really look forward to filling the various displays out.

Thank you.

[Edit]

You seperated out books, skilbooks, lorebooks, maps and journals. This is basically the best thing ever and I'll happily wait a little longer for the autosorter to figure it all out for that.

Tzarnal fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 15, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

Do you have the mod Personalized Music installed? If so, remove the Winterhold module. I had crash on save consistently with that module, and only that module.

I do not have any music mods installed, but now I'm thinking I should probably get one.

Praetorian Mage posted:

I've had a similar problem on occasion. One fix I've found is to go to an interior cell like the Hall of Attainment, type "pcb" into the console, and wait there for a few in game days. I think one of the causes of this kind of crash is certain NPC or creature spawns screwing things up somehow, and this procedure resets those things so the crash doesn't happen. I can't say for sure that it'll fix your problem, but it couldn't hurt to try it.

I'll give this a try if it continues to happen, thanks.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'll give this a try if it continues to happen, thanks.

I hope it helps.

Also, from the same modder who brought us Tamriel of Tanks and several other crazy Dwemer-themed mods, a full set of Star Wars droids with a Dwemer finish: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68785/

Someday I have to install all of this guy's mods as part of some kind of insanely over-the-top mod setup.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Tzarnal posted:

Spent some time moving my things from Jaggarsfeld to your fancy new digs. Everything seems to be perfectly in working order. I really like this place, its compact but it basically has everything I want in a house. This character is level 8 and I only have a golden claw to put on show off, but I really look forward to filling the various displays out.

Thank you.

[Edit]

You seperated out books, skilbooks, lorebooks, maps and journals. This is basically the best thing ever and I'll happily wait a little longer for the autosorter to figure it all out for that.

Thanks, that's the angle I was going for since most house mods are comically massive and therefore full of unused, hideous space.

The book lists are as complete as I could make them, but mods that change things, like BCS, may alter stuff I couldn't plan for. That, and there are probably a few that I missed in the form lists. I wish they just added proper keywords :(

I sorted the lists by the model used by the book/note in the world, so it's pretty close to perfect considering that. I'm still undecided if I like the skill books sorting out like they do, it breaks up some of the book collections in the other book case.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 16, 2015

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Monolith. posted:

Does Fortifier synergize with Mage Armor in SPERG? Or rather, can I take fortifier and Mage Armor, and still use unarmored robes and get the benefits of both?

It could go either way, and I honestly don't remember the specifics of how I did it. I want to say they should stack, but I'm not completely sure. You should be able to tell just from paying attention to your armor rating and buffs, though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Hah, I just realized why some of the equipment sets I used with SkyUI had some minor lag attached to them. By default, ENB binds F4 to "KeyFreeVRAM", so whenever I was switching to my torch, it also triggered some ENB cleanup as well that caused the delay. That had been bugging me for a long time.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mazz posted:

Everything is finally sorted out.

Here's the link to the file, just grab the 7z in MO like any other manually downloaded mod.

403 forbidden :(

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Mazz posted:

EDIT: I lied, here's a couple screens of some new things:

Where in Skyrim is this located?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

LLSix posted:

Where in Skyrim is this located?

between riverwood and whiterun. Go down the river and look for a little nook in the brook

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Mazz, I almost don't want to say this but. I found a bug.

Technically its not your fault, its just blizzards horrible Mannequins. I shoved them all back into place by enableling them and disabeling them. I know there are houses out there that don't have this issue so there is probably a way to get them to behave.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Tzarnal posted:

Technically its not your fault, its just blizzards horrible Mannequins. I shoved them all back into place by enableling them and disabeling them. I know there are houses out there that don't have this issue so there is probably a way to get them to behave.

Probably call in a catholic priest to douse the room and mannequins with holy water and say a few lines from the Bible.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Tzarnal posted:

I think it may be that I used to original mannequin item instead of the later BYOH ones, I'll have to look. Shame I never got it to happen earlier.

The way mannequins are set up though if you activate them and equip something, they should pop back onto the stands. It's what the XMarker does in creation kit. You can try that as a quicker solution if it pops up again.

axolotl farmer posted:

403 forbidden :(

I'll see if I can find another host, assume that's a country block. I wish tinyupload just worked. The compressed file is 39mb but they arent having any of that poo poo.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mazz posted:

I'll see if I can find another host, assume that's a country block. I wish tinyupload just worked. The compressed file is 39mb but they arent having any of that poo poo.
I dumped it on Mega. Let me know if you want me to remove it.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Raygereio posted:

I dumped it on Mega. Let me know if you want me to remove it.

That's fine. I'm trying to get it up on Nexus but I wanted to be nice and ask permission from the people I borrowed ideas from (in the end I changed almost everything in some way so it was mostly ideas). Elianora didn't respond past answering a question about static armor and neither has Rayek but I only messaged him in the last 6 hours. I'll probably give it another day or 2, put it up there anyway, give them credit in the description, and then wait to see how long it takes to get banned for something petty.

I'll probably play around with the mannequins thing today, but is there anything else you guys noticed? I found one item bug that's really not worth fixing by itself (it's partly see through at a specific angle), but if you guys spotted anything else I can sort them out all at once and get a new file out.

Oh, and I forgot, if you want to view it immediately, you can console coc 00MazzRend to port right in, even from the main menu. The game creates the generic Skyrim iron armor hero for you.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Does anyone know of any compatibility/conflict issues with Deadly Dragons that would cause a CTD near Whiterun or between Whiterun and Riverwood? I've finally narrowed down a consistent repeatable problem to Deadly Dragons but it doesn't happen when I strip it down to just Deadly Dragons (well, plus Random Alternate Start to avoid the intro). Now that I've narrowed it down I really don't want to try and go through my whole loader with Deadly Dragons and one other mod enabled at a time to track down the offender, to the point where I may just be happy with vanilla dragons or give Dragon Combat Overhaul a shot.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

nessin posted:

Does anyone know of any compatibility/conflict issues with Deadly Dragons that would cause a CTD near Whiterun or between Whiterun and Riverwood? I've finally narrowed down a consistent repeatable problem to Deadly Dragons but it doesn't happen when I strip it down to just Deadly Dragons (well, plus Random Alternate Start to avoid the intro). Now that I've narrowed it down I really don't want to try and go through my whole loader with Deadly Dragons and one other mod enabled at a time to track down the offender, to the point where I may just be happy with vanilla dragons or give Dragon Combat Overhaul a shot.
If it doesn't happen with only Deadly Dragons, it's probably a mod conflict somewhere else. Aside from Mirmulnir fuckery I can't imagine what would cause a crash specifically near Whiterun, unless that's the only place you've done testing. DD only touches dragons as far as I'm aware.

That said, Deadly Dragons and Dragon Combat Overhaul work perfectly fine together if you're willing to be (rightly) terrified of dragons until level 30 or so.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I used to get crashes in between Whiterun and Riverwood all the time, but it turned out to be due to Skyrim's lovely memory allocation and not any one mod. I guess there's just a lot of random poo poo in that area; spawn points, quest triggers, NPC's, blah blah, so it's an easy place to use a lot of RAM if you have a lot of mods going. And of course Skyrim eats poo poo and dies if you use too much RAM. The memory fix built into SKSE turned out not to be working for me, so I reinstalled SSME and it magically fixed everything.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mazz posted:

That's fine. I'm trying to get it up on Nexus but I wanted to be nice and ask permission from the people I borrowed ideas from (in the end I changed almost everything in some way so it was mostly ideas). Elianora didn't respond past answering a question about static armor and neither has Rayek but I only messaged him in the last 6 hours. I'll probably give it another day or 2, put it up there anyway, give them credit in the description, and then wait to see how long it takes to get banned for something petty.

I'll probably play around with the mannequins thing today, but is there anything else you guys noticed? I found one item bug that's really not worth fixing by itself (it's partly see through at a specific angle), but if you guys spotted anything else I can sort them out all at once and get a new file out.

Oh, and I forgot, if you want to view it immediately, you can console coc 00MazzRend to port right in, even from the main menu. The game creates the generic Skyrim iron armor hero for you.

The only bug I've found (and it looks like it's always been in your versions, given my experiences) is that when Nahkriin's mask is put on the display, taking it off doesn't actually put it back into your inventory, it just disappears into the ether. Nothing a console can't fix, but that's it.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

The only bug I've found (and it looks like it's always been in your versions, given my experiences) is that when Nahkriin's mask is put on the display, taking it off doesn't actually put it back into your inventory, it just disappears into the ether. Nothing a console can't fix, but that's it.

That's a script bug, I'll check them all in a bit then. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I found a couple of visual things, not sure if it's me so maybe you can replicate them? http://imgur.com/a/6vgof

Other than that, I really like this place. It's not too huge and has just the right amount of stuff (but I kinda want to bury the dead guy now).

• Locked thread