Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ninjewtsu posted:

the only good rule that me and my roommates could come up with was "every time a character does something so insanely stupid that you laugh out loud, take a shot"

How the gently caress are you still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Yeah, but if your goal is to use enemy robots as upgrade materials for your own robot, wouldn't you want to do as little damage as possible to maximize usable parts?

The impression I got is that its' more "okay, we won, what the gently caress can we use from this scrapheap" and less "We must be super-precise so as not to damage the arm!"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kanos posted:

It won't own as much as Build Fighters because it's impossible for a normal Gundam show to have fights where protagonist units rip each other to pieces until the finale, so no general series fight choreography will be quite as punchy and visceral in comparison.

And yet Victory continues to exist.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I liked it better when I thought it was called the G-Barbados.

Level Slide posted:

Given the weird nodes in Augus' back, I wonder if he's also subject to upgrades via enemy scraps?

iirc all/most of the mobile suits use the same inner frame (I'm not sure if this applies to some of the weird HG kits they showed like that fat one with a big hammer), so I assume the nodes on its back you could stick poo poo on, yeah. The Barbatos has the little pod things on its back that have little arms to store equipment. The Augus is the grunt suit, right? It's probably gonna end up with variants where they stick a shoulder cannon or little wings on those back nodes at some point.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Red Bones posted:

I liked it better when I thought it was called the G-Barbados.

iirc all/most of the mobile suits use the same inner frame (I'm not sure if this applies to some of the weird HG kits they showed like that fat one with a big hammer), so I assume the nodes on its back you could stick poo poo on, yeah. The Barbatos has the little pod things on its back that have little arms to store equipment. The Augus is the grunt suit, right? It's probably gonna end up with variants where they stick a shoulder cannon or little wings on those back nodes at some point.

No, Augus is the protagonist. He has three metal things sticking out of his spine.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Yeah, but if your goal is to use enemy robots as upgrade materials for your own robot, wouldn't you want to do as little damage as possible to maximize usable parts?

Kill the meat, save the metal.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5elKwYi28

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Cross-posting from the G-Reco thread:

Darth Walrus posted:

Necroing this thread because a new Gundam Evolve G-Reco short's been aired at Gundam Front Tokyo, and it's pretty cool, even if super non-canon for very obvious reasons. Aida is a decent pilot in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzosMGiSnS8

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Cross-posting from the G-Reco thread:

I like how a total lack of subtitles doesn't make G-Reco any more incomprehensible. :v:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Mask: something something something KUNTALA! something something

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ka0 posted:

Mask: something something something KUNTALA! something something

Forgot to throw in something about Bellri having the blood of dictators within him.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
G-Reco is perfectly understandable though. :confused:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MonsieurChoc posted:

And yet Victory continues to exist.

Segmenting your protagonist unit into mass produced easily replaceable components is a great way to sidestep the "The Gundam can't be wrecked or the show's over" clause which only Victory and very briefly Destiny took advantage of(despite core block systems also existing in the RX-78 and the ZZ). It's worth noting that the moment Usso gets the V2 he stops taking any real damage in fights until the end.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kanos posted:

It won't own as much as Build Fighters because it's impossible for a normal Gundam show to have fights where protagonist units rip each other to pieces until the finale, so no general series fight choreography will be quite as punchy and visceral in comparison.

But what if it has good things that aren't fights?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

boom boom boom posted:

But what if it has good things that aren't fights?

That's the hope. Ideally it manages to sneak an interesting plotline and writing through before it gets slagged by the general fanbase for not being Generic Gundam enough.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Let's not get geared up for being mad about other people being stupid. Let's just be optimistic about this upcoming Gundam series!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kanos posted:

That's the hope. Ideally it manages to sneak an interesting plotline and writing through before it gets slagged by the general fanbase for not being Generic Gundam enough.

It'll be fine so long as it's a continuous 25/50-episode run. They can't really handhold a series without some runup to airing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kanos posted:

Segmenting your protagonist unit into mass produced easily replaceable components is a great way to sidestep the "The Gundam can't be wrecked or the show's over" clause which only Victory and very briefly Destiny took advantage of(despite core block systems also existing in the RX-78 and the ZZ). It's worth noting that the moment Usso gets the V2 he stops taking any real damage in fights until the end.

I liked how in the original series mechanics were constantly bitching to Amuro about how often he'd break/lose a weapon/shield, or how he started pushing the whole suit too hard near the end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shinjobi posted:

I liked how in the original series mechanics were constantly bitching to Amuro about how often he'd break/lose a weapon/shield, or how he started pushing the whole suit too hard near the end.

Something I liked in The Origin was that early on taking the Gundam out was a last-resort if possible because they don't have parts to keep fixing the drat thing with.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I liked in The Origin was that early on taking the Gundam out was a last-resort if possible because they don't have parts to keep fixing the drat thing with.

the origin's just great all around

the whole journey to jaburo ends up feeling tense as hell, and really sells everyone's disappointment when they finally get there, only for most of the federal brass to treat them like they're completely disposable

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Of all the ways for the G Gundam thread to die, I have to admit I wasn't expecting a fanart bomb.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He should close this thread too.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

BlitzBlast posted:

Of all the ways for the G Gundam thread to die, I have to admit I wasn't expecting a fanart bomb.
Consider it a mercy killing.

A single-person simulwatch is one of the sadder things I can think of.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

He should close this thread too.

There probably shouldn't be a separate thread for Iron Blooded Orphans

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

There probably shouldn't be a separate thread for Iron Blooded Orphans

I think the opposite, when that show comes out this one should burn, except we should trap all the posters in it so they burn along with it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I get to decide who lives and who dies!!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Sharkopath posted:

I think the opposite, when that show comes out this one should burn, except we should trap all the posters in it so they burn along with it.

Does this include You and I, Aquemini

I think everyone that is given an immunity token should get to pick 1 more person to hand it out to.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

muike posted:

Does this include You and I, Aquemini

I think everyone that is given an immunity token should get to pick 1 more person to hand it out to.

You can bring two (2) friends with you out of the gates, before I close them.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
We just need more topics of conversatioon than "Destiny sucks" "Wing is Cah-razy" "CCA doesn't make any sense" "G-Gundam owns" over and over again.

Like, let's talk about Gundam mangas, or post cool Gundam fanart.

I'll post a cool Gundam fanart

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Sharkopath posted:

You can bring two (2) friends with you out of the gates, before I close them.

This is fair.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

We just need more topics of conversatioon than "Destiny sucks" "Wing is Cah-razy" "CCA doesn't make any sense" "G-Gundam owns" over and over again.

Like, let's talk about Gundam mangas, or post cool Gundam fanart.

I'll post a cool Gundam fanart

W
e
l
p

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

hello

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They're using Argo's polished physique as a mirror.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

:mrgw:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That is no Zaku, boy...

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

I'm scared of searching for fanart

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Ka0 posted:

I'm scared of searching for fanart

I need this, but with a Sumo head in place of the cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

ninjewtsu posted:

the only good rule that me and my roommates could come up with was "every time a character does something so insanely stupid that you laugh out loud, take a shot"

Every time they show a weapon that goes through the mobile doll shield and then never mention it again because lol.

• Locked thread