Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Amethyst posted:

except that's what it does on android too.

Last chance the retard was like "durrr what this button do? Oh i'll like to square please. hahahahah anroid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Triglav posted:

i kinda like it because i dont even like hitting back even on my 5s so i cant imagine enjoying it on a 6+. reachability is a shameful hack for a shameful problem and it would be could if i could make a custom gesture to go back, like drag from bottom-left-to-top-right and bottom-right-to-top-left. i thought maybe assistive touch could help me do that but nah

they've already hosed up the sanctity of drag directions with "drag down from top for notification center" and "drag down for search" anyway

you cant use swipe to go back in all instances because sometimes items on that page have hidden directional swipe commands

actuallyl reachability owns withotu soidng something idiotic like making a nother button for no reoason like an adnrdoi.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the icons oin android for buttons are stiltl cumb sorry, confirmed by apples dropping the bad squar eform the home button. andoird sitll fial os that has 3 buttons for litleirally no reason.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Stux posted:

the icons oin android for buttons are stiltl cumb sorry, confirmed by apples dropping the bad squar eform the home button. andoird sitll fial os that has 3 buttons for litleirally no reason.

I'm gay.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAA

205mm circumference I assume

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

good news for fatties

I can finally wear the watch around my dilz

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

The Management posted:

I can finally wear the watch around my dilz

same except along the length

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Amethyst posted:

except that's what it does on android too.

Last chance the retard was like "durrr what this button do? Oh i'll like to square please. hahahahah anroid"

difference being of course that iphone has one button that makes sense and anroid has multiple buttons with meaningless confusing symbols. the first time you use the iphone home button, you know what it does.

on anroid, youd have to remind yourself what the hell circle means compared to a square.

dont get me started on the useless back button.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

instead of having seperate buttons like android, the way apple does it is give you one button that you need to press in a combination of morse code like presses to get it to do what you want

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Last Chance posted:

difference being of course that iphone has one button that makes sense and anroid has multiple buttons with meaningless confusing symbols. the first time you use the iphone home button, you know what it does.

on anroid, youd have to remind yourself what the hell circle means compared to a square.

dont get me started on the useless back button.

This joker probably doesn't even know about the three seashells.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

*looks at an arrow clearly pointing back* igghh what it do???

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Valeyard posted:

instead of having seperate buttons like android, the way apple does it is give you one button that you need to press in a combination of morse code like presses to get it to do what you want

yea I've never understood how someone could prefer the navigation on an iphone. the back button behavior on android can be annoying in some apps but its still way better. last chance sorry about your brain damage also

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the back button on android can do the following things:

1) back
2) forward
3) execute the selected button
4) nothing
5) clear the screen of all input
6) close the app
7) minimize the app
8) launch the app
9) minimize and launch another app
10) fill in default information
11) many more

all of these are app dependent and you have no way of knowing what will happen if you hit the back button!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
android and ios are pretty indistinguishable anymore in terms of being a gigantic unusable mess, its just that ios has a unified hardware platform

pram
Jun 10, 2001
andoid also had a dedicated hardware search button lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

andoid also had a dedicated hardware search button lol

lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

"last chance and all the record numbers of people switching from android are retards "

pram
Jun 10, 2001
here are the canonical anroid buttons

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you may ask yrself, where did all these retarded buttons come from? theyre the legacy of androids shameful blackberry clone past

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the back button on android can do the following things:

1) back
2) forward
3) execute the selected button
4) nothing
5) clear the screen of all input
6) close the app
7) minimize the app
8) launch the app
9) minimize and launch another app
10) fill in default information
11) many more

all of these are app dependent and you have no way of knowing what will happen if you hit the back button!

I could say the same about the home button in ios and my statement would be equally as true as yours (ie false)

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
think i'd rather go back to feature phones than use android

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

would

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Triglav posted:

think i'd rather go back to feature phones than use android

same which is why i'm going back to a good flip phone when my 4s dies for good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pram posted:

you may ask yrself, where did all these retarded buttons come from? theyre the legacy of androids shameful blackberry clone past

the extent to which anroid fanatics do not accept that anroid was a blackberry clone is unfathomable

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stymie posted:

same which is why i'm going back to a good flip phone when my 4s dies for good

yeah i'm starting to care less and less about being Always Online and answering texts asap and poo poo, especially since i can do it from os x messages when i get home

i was never one for APPS APPS APPS. i have five rows of apps (apple bloat in a folder). the biggest feature of the 5s to me is its camera, so when my 5s dies or gets slow in 2019 i'll probably get another iphone for its camera or get a feature/flip and live an ascetic's life

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

retina was a big deal too. speed is nice since i was using a 3g previously

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

pram posted:

I'm the inconsistent button ordering within the same product line.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Triglav posted:

yeah i'm starting to care less and less about being Always Online and answering texts asap and poo poo, especially since i can do it from os x messages when i get home

i was never one for APPS APPS APPS. i have five rows of apps (apple bloat in a folder). the biggest feature of the 5s to me is its camera, so when my 5s dies or gets slow in 2019 i'll probably get another iphone for its camera or get a feature/flip and live an ascetic's life

don't quote stymie you fake Luddite human being

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Valeyard posted:

what

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you have one press for home, two presses for multitasking and hold for siri it's hardly morse code or even hard to understand

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Stux posted:

you have one press for home, two presses for multitasking and hold for siri it's hardly morse code or even hard to understand

lol, what a user hostile experience!

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
It is critical that we remember the real victims of the Holocaust: the Soviets.

Claiming that the Holocaust was about Jews is Zionism. Biden is doing it to provide cover to Israel!

maniacdevnull posted:

lol, what a user hostile experience!

there's some infographic that shows everything the iOS home button can do to make the ux seem confusing.
over half of the graphic is accessibility stuff you have to enable.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

prepare for the taptic home button on iPhone 6S

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pram posted:

tbf they deprecated the search button like three years ago and replaced the windows button with the the square and turned the home button into a circle

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
droid 2 owned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
slide out that kb and blast out some words

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
what's a good flip phone? especially ones that can do VoLTE with tons of LTE bands

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
the iphone button is bad and teh android buttons are bad. having a back button is really good... except that android devs cant be trusted with it so the UX gets kind of hosed anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bobbilljim posted:

the iphone button is bad and teh android buttons are bad. having a back button is really good... except that android devs cant be trusted with it so the UX gets kind of hosed anyway

actually the iphone button is fantastic

• Locked thread