Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I will admit I somehow thought controllers when you said hands. I'm a big enough man to say I'm a dumbass.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I will admit I somehow thought controllers when you said hands. I'm a big enough man to say I'm a dumbass.

With the Xbox One Kinect gaming system, your hands are the controllers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dear g-d

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

super macho dude posted:

The mechanic to break out of a pin in the 2k series is keeping me from buying this. goddamnit just bring back button mashing.

The existence of turbo controllers makes that a stupid idea.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

do they still make turbo controllers for modern systems?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

do they still make turbo controllers for modern systems?

yes they are called pro controllers now

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Do not try to button mash your way out of a pin, if it's a Revolver Ocelot CAW that's pinning you.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I must say I do miss the wrestler themes. Starting up 2K15 and hearing Bonfire for the millionth time has gotten really old. It was better where I would get to hear Smoke and Mirrors, Metalingus, Basic Thuganomics, Three Man Band, etc. on a loop while I tolled in the Creative section.

I also feel like if they include these other songs we should be allowed to use them as wrestler themes for CAWs. Maybe I wanted my guy to come out to This is How We Roll. :colbert:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

I also feel like if they include these other songs we should be allowed to use them as wrestler themes for CAWs. Maybe I wanted my guy to come out to This is How We Roll. :colbert:

They didn't do this deliberately because they knew it was the cheapest heat imaginable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Can you use soundtrack music as theme songs? Because if so I'm going to change everyone's music to Rebel Yell if I ever buy 2k16.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TheJoker138 posted:

Can you use soundtrack music as theme songs? Because if so I'm going to change everyone's music to Rebel Yell if I ever buy 2k16.

You couldn't in previous games, I imagine this will be the same. It's probably a licensing thing

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

While I appreciate the inclusion of 'It's Tricky' I've gotta ask...uh...why?

Well, you see, it's...um...

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

super macho dude posted:

The mechanic to break out of a pin in the 2k series is keeping me from buying this. goddamnit just bring back button mashing.
:agreed:

I've never gotten to grips with the kickout system for some reason. From what I recall, the first game that had it (SVR 2010?) gave you a toggle, so you could revert to good old button-mashing if you wanted to. Then they took that out because gently caress you.

I just don't like how there's no margin for error, and I don't think kicking out should be a timing-based QTE in the first place. Something as basic as kicking out of a pin in a wrestlemans game shouldn't be this unforgiving, and if they insist on keeping it like this they could at least give us a mode where we can practice the timing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If you cannot kick out of non-finisher pins with reliability there is something seriously wrong with your hand/eye co-ordination.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Noted. Maybe I should get that checked out.

Actually, what happens is that I get pinned so rarely I keep forgetting the kickout timing. :smug:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

triplexpac posted:

You couldn't in previous games, I imagine this will be the same. It's probably a licensing thing

I'd be satisfied with them reintroducing theme importing.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Goddamnit i was holding out buying the 215k from PSN summer sale because i figured that when the "phase 2" discounts kicked in the price would drop even lower(it was 30€ for the deluxe). But now it seems that the whole game is off the sale.

(I know, i know i dodged a bullet but still.. I wanted a wrestling game for a ps4)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

2k16 isn't too far away if you can hold out.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

There might not be too many "pick up and play games" out anymore but you'd think Wrestlemans could be something you can just play with roommates - between the pin thing and (really) the control scheme in general, the learning curve is extremely high for what the game is.

There are a ton of hard design choices like that with this series. I'll just settle for anything that makes the wrestlers feel different from each other.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

I'd be satisfied with them reintroducing theme importing.

Seeing as PS4 has Spotify support now, that version should allow you to pick any track up on it and use it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This WWE 2K16 roster is gonna be the most surreal one in awhile I think.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sometimes my mind drifts to "Tyler Breeze vs. The Terminator" and I realize that, in some form or another, this is probably going to be the best wrestling game ever made

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

Seeing as PS4 has Spotify support now, that version should allow you to pick any track up on it and use it.

Does that work with any other game on PS4? I would straight up buy a PS4 today if this is the case.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Must have modelled Owens before he fell off the diet wagon

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

St Evan Echoes posted:

Must have modelled Owens before he fell off the diet wagon

They tend to model wrestlers as their ideal versions. Like that one year they gave Ric Flair a 6 pack.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Look at this loving nerd.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
it's fun to figure out who they body scanned and who didn't.

see: tyler breeze

that or their hair rendering is just that bad. that line between beard and skin texture on roman reigns is pretty funny. i get that you're not going to see it in a real match, but then don't release 4K screenshots that close up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm disappointed Roman Reigns' chest pouch isn't as puffy as it is irl :smith:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
You can see the Wrestlemania set in the background of Sting's pics. It's night there but I hope they have a daytime variation because that was one of my favorite things about this year's setup.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

You can see the Wrestlemania set in the background of Sting's pics. It's night there but I hope they have a daytime variation because that was one of my favorite things about this year's setup.

I want a version that starts in daytime and then as the match goes on it gets later and later until it's dusk and then night for the longer iron man matches.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does that work with any other game on PS4? I would straight up buy a PS4 today if this is the case.

does what work? i don't think you can trigger the playing of specific songs on spotify through gameplay, no, but you can replace all game music with spotify yeah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

This would mean a sale for me if NJPW put their theme music on Spotify

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Guy that is apparently leaking stuff says no because that'd involve them making a new skybox. 2K is apparently removing Adnan and maybe Mustafa because so many people complained.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

epitasis posted:

does what work? i don't think you can trigger the playing of specific songs on spotify through gameplay, no, but you can replace all game music with spotify yeah

Yeah I was reading up on it and it sounds like that's the case. It would be sick if I could access Spotify for entrance music but even the implementation they have now is enough to get a buy from me. Looks like I'm gettin a ps4.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Guy that is apparently leaking stuff says no because that'd involve them making a new skybox. 2K is apparently removing Adnan and maybe Mustafa because so many people complained.

people complained... what, that they were included at all? or was there something else

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I was reading up on it and it sounds like that's the case. It would be sick if I could access Spotify for entrance music but even the implementation they have now is enough to get a buy from me. Looks like I'm gettin a ps4.

the spotify integration on ps4 is really superb, well especially for me since I was already a subscriber. you can just control the whole thing with your phone so you don't need to go up to the system UI and can flip through tracks or whatever without pausing

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

people complained... what, that they were included at all? or was there something else

Yeah because they "suck" and are "boring" characters. People still complaining about guys taking roster spaces when the amount of people announced in the 120+ is more than the main roster, nxt, and most normal legends that show up. Adnan is removed from the IGN roster page and from 2K16's website.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If they're removing them they better loving add regular Iron Sheik at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

epitasis posted:

the spotify integration on ps4 is really superb, well especially for me since I was already a subscriber. you can just control the whole thing with your phone so you don't need to go up to the system UI and can flip through tracks or whatever without pausing

Even during a game? Holy poo poo man, this is what I've wanted from a console for years. Cheers dude.