Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

*gets another bowl of popcorn*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The best meat is human flesh. Eat the rich 2016.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

TEAYCHES posted:

um actually pork is the most flavorful and tender of all the meats when cooked correctly

i.e. with smoke from wood coals for 8-12 hours

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

beefghazi

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

lmao :allears: The legs~

Is this where people are going to start a multi-page derail pretending that the only legitimately professional way to shoot at someone is center of mass? :allears:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brannock posted:

American tacos are extremely white and I don't know if most Americans would be okay with Mexican-style tacos

Are you trying to tell me this is not a genuine mexican taco?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

comes along bort posted:

i.e. with smoke from wood coals for 8-12 hours

This is correct. Not deep-fried on a goddamn stick like some sister-loving savage.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Brannock posted:

American tacos are extremely white and I don't know if most Americans would be okay with Mexican-style tacos

this only really applies if you dont live in the southwest

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The pork chop is a great American cut of meat. It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful. The other cuts of meat, they're a bunch of real losers. Real low class slobs.

I promised myself I wouldn't say bad things about chicken. I promised myself I wouldn't talk about how much salmonella is in chicken, about how these chickens are housed in cages. The dryness issues, the bacteria? Chicken is a complete disaster. But I told myself, I said I wouldn't say these things about chicken. We're not gonna talk about chicken. It's a real disaster, that chicken, but we're not gonna talk about that. I promised I wouldn't.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

*gets another bowl of cracklins*

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish I was there. I wish I was there so I can ask him, "care for a few more napkins, Mr. President?" Watch yourself Mr. Trump. That meat you are holding can get a little messy; you have people to meet, hands to shake.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I like corndogs.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The pork chop is a great American cut of meat. It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful. The other cuts of meat, they're a bunch of real losers. Real low class slobs.

I promised myself I wouldn't say bad things about chicken. I promised myself I wouldn't talk about how much salmonella is in chicken, about how these chickens are housed in cages. The dryness issues, the bacteria? Chicken is a complete disaster. But I told myself, I said I wouldn't say these things about chicken. We're not gonna talk about chicken. It's a real disaster, that chicken, but we're not gonna talk about that. I promised I wouldn't.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

also public service announcement: don't loving overcook your pork

trichinosis dies at 138 degrees, medium/pink pork tastes awesome and is good for you

the reason most of you scrubs don't like pork is because you're loving scared to eat it at its best

This.

Pig is an amazing animal. Pork is best smoked though.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

PT6A posted:

This is correct. Not deep-fried on a goddamn stick like some sister-loving savage.

save that poo poo for mars bars and butter

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Chicken is pretty good, but just like pork chops are overrated as gently caress, I have no idea why people like chicken breast. It has no flavour and even properly cooked it doesn't have as good a texture as thighs and drumsticks. It's a loser cut of meat.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

blue squares posted:

lol are those wontons

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

blue squares posted:

Ah, I heard about Korean style pizza before

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Chicken is a nice guy. I donated a lot of money to chicken. We went golfing, chicken and I. I beat chicken, of course. I beat him at golf and I'm gonna beat him in the campaign too. But chicken is a nice guy, I like chicken.

A staffer for chicken had a few unkind words to say about my campaign. I said, finally! Finally I can say some nasty things about chicken! Because I really like chicken. A few years back, I donated a lot of money to chicken. I have a lot of money, and I donate to a lot of causes. Different meats come to me, and I donate to them all really. I like giving away money! But chicken came to me and we talked for a while and I gave a bunch of money to chicken. A whole lot of money, probably more than chicken has ever seen before. I mean a real lot of money. But I like chicken and I didn't want to attack chicken. Thankfully this staffer for chicken came out and said these things, and I said finally! Finally I can talk about chicken.

I really like chicken. But chicken is a complete disaster.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I love chicken thighs in all of their forms. They are far and away the best cut of chicken.

"all-white meat" and chicken breasts can gently caress right off though.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

blue squares posted:

That looks freaking delicious. What ethnic fusion is that? I know when I visit LA again, I wanna try and hit up a Kogi food truck, even if that makes me some kind of cliche.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Joementum posted:

So, Bernie's campaign is now making an official outreach effort to BLM, but that's not even the most interesting thing here. See if you can spot it.

I'm very interested to see what that's all about.

My money is on something related to the voting rights act.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dahbadu posted:

That looks freaking delicious. What ethnic fusion is that? I know when I visit LA again, I wanna try and hit up a Kogi food truck, even if that makes me some kind of cliche.

its Torchy's Tacos.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

spacemang_spliff posted:

This.

Pig is an amazing animal. Pork is best smoked though.

except for ham biscuits, though usually smoke's involved in the curing process so whatever

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

fyi pork shoulder/boston butt is by far the best meat deal in America in TYOOL 2015

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Trump's appeal is that he gets poo poo done. After having the most ineffectual congress in our generation people just want to see something move no matter the direction. Trump has spent the last decade in everyone's homes being an omnipresent authoritarian that knows exactly who to fire and why. He has buildings with his name on it all over the world. He got that done.

I think the people on the left that forgive his right leaning rants and the people on the right that brush off his left leaning stances just view it has the couple of eggs that have to be broken to make an omelet. And they just want someone to make a loving goddamn omelette for once.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

fyi pork shoulder/boston butt is by far the best meat deal in America in TYOOL 2015

Don't believe the lies you hear about Carolina bbq.

Also: Carnitas

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

spacemang_spliff posted:

I love chicken thighs in all of their forms. They are far and away the best cut of chicken.

"all-white meat" and chicken breasts can gently caress right off though.

All parts of chicken are good. You have to know what to do with them. White meat is great in schnitzel, or marinated, then cooked/fried. Thighs you can just cook/roast however and they'll be good.

Gizzards, hearts, etc, you rub and fry, also good.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The only thing I've ever seen Democratic Underground and Free Republic posters ever agree on is that DONALD TRUMP is the best, must luxurious, greatest GOP candidate.

The carny is doing it!

Montasque fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 16, 2015

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

KidVanguard posted:

Trump's appeal is that he gets poo poo done. After having the most ineffectual congress in our generation people just want to see something move no matter the direction. Trump has spent the last decade in everyone's homes being an omnipresent authoritarian that knows exactly who to fire and why. He has buildings with his name on it all over the world. He got that done.

I think the people on the left that forgive his right leaning rants and the people on the right that brush off his left leaning stances just view it has the couple of eggs that have to be broken to make an omelet. And they just want someone to make a loving goddamn omelette for once.

you know who also got poo poo done?

thats right,

hitler

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MrBims posted:

I like corndogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aTKtwup7i8

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So for future reference, in Iowa the rankings of important poo poo is:

1.Iowa/Iowa State rivalry (everyone loves UNI :heysexy:)
2.Korn/Soybeans
3.Pork
4. Being "Iowa Nice"
-∞. minorities

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Absurd Alhazred posted:

All parts of chicken are good. You have to know what to do with them. White meat is great in schnitzel, or marinated, then cooked/fried. Thighs you can just cook/roast however and they'll be good.

Gizzards, hearts, etc, you rub and fry, also good.

Yeah, I just don't like most things cooked with boneless skinless chicken breast. But not all things.

A roasted chicken is very good though, especially when cooked over some root vegetables so they can cook in the rendered chicken fat. And I will always steal the oysters and the pope's nose.

I'm not someone who likes chicken tenders or boneless wings.

Unless of course that tender comes from a roasted chicken.

e: I've never had hearts but would try them. Gizzards are fine but not my fave. I don't eat livers though, too much iron.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

spacemang_spliff posted:

Don't believe the lies you hear about Carolina bbq.

Also: Carnitas

Sorry in advance but we're gonna wade back into Barbecue talk.

Poor people all over the US have spent centuries perfecting the art of turning lovely cuts of meat into delicious meals with lots of time and whatever flavorings they had on hand. Some areas had vinegar, some had mustard, some had tomatoes, and some had sugar. Some people had crappy cuts of pork, and some people had crappy cuts of beef.

If people spent time trying to appreciate the flavors and history of different types of barbecue instead of racing to see who can be The World's Biggest Barbecue Bigot, this country would be a much better place.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah, I just don't like most things cooked with boneless skinless chicken breast. But not all things.

A roasted chicken is very good though, especially when cooked over some root vegetables so they can cook in the rendered chicken fat. And I will always steal the oysters and the pope's nose.

I'm not someone who likes chicken tenders or boneless wings.

Unless of course that tender comes from a roasted chicken.

e: I've never had hearts but would try them. Gizzards are fine but not my fave. I don't eat livers though, too much iron.

Hearts are awesome. Like, it's really standard fare in grilled meat places in Israel and probably around the Middle East. "Yes, I'd like a skewer with hearts and another with a kebab", gently caress yeah!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Sorry in advance but we're gonna wade back into Barbecue talk.

Poor people all over the US have spent centuries perfecting the art of turning lovely cuts of meat into delicious meals with lots of time and whatever flavorings they had on hand. Some areas had vinegar, some had mustard, some had tomatoes, and some had sugar. Some people had crappy cuts of pork, and some people had crappy cuts of beef.

If people spent time trying to appreciate the flavors and history of different types of barbecue instead of racing to see who can be The World's Biggest Barbecue Bigot, this country would be a much better place.

All BBQ can be good.

poo poo there's even a great BBQ place in Syracuse, NY of all places and they do all the varieties of smoked meats (well from the US anyway)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it is a testament to the possibility of internationalism that we can, here, reasonably discuss the relative culinary merits of dead animal flesh

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hearts are awesome. Like, it's really standard fare in grilled meat places in Israel and probably around the Middle East. "Yes, I'd like a skewer with hearts and another with a kebab", gently caress yeah!

I would def eat that.

I saw an ep of Bizarre Foods or No Reservations or something that was at one of those little Japanese bars. They had chicken sashimi (I'd be scared but I guess chickens raised away from other chickens are safe to eat undercooked) and chicken skin yakitori. I would destroy those

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
poo poo's good

spacemang_spliff fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Pork producers or corn producers or any major ag industry pretty much controls the fair systems.

Our county fair in Southern Illinois (many counties in the region are) funded by pork producers. Instead of pork chops on a stick (the stick is weird, would rather have a sandwich), our major food product for consumption is pork burgers.

Yep, a hamburger with ground pork instead of beef. Different spices in it and usually slathered in local barbecue sauce. The weird thing is that no one I have ever met from outside of this small area of the state has ever heard of pork burgers.

• Locked thread