Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

kastein posted:

Finding old manuals is crazy like that... I've spent years looking for one fruitlessly only to find one by accident when looking for something else.
I know in Australia, the state library used to have car manuals. Every so often they'd have a book sale, and most manuals older than 15yrs usually got sold off.
Around 2000 I scored the factory manual for the 1980s mazda 323 that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
There's a bigass flea-market just outside Bristol, TN that has a vendor whose stall is just hundreds and hundreds of old shop manuals. I found the BGB (FSM) for my Celica for less than $12 there, really need to plan a trip back down there some time...

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Doesn't the trans am out rank a camaro?

Because 3rd gen trans am right here... it was pretty awesome as a kid in high school.

It out ranks the Camaro in price and weight

Edit: got any pictures of the civic next to a new civic? Looking back in the thread didn't help me but I'm sure it was posted.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 15, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Not on this phone sadly, plus I'd have to locate a newer civic somewhere to park next to and who knows how long that could take.

In other news if all goes well she's picking the Camaro up tonight. The hitch in delays this time was that she parked it at her boyfriends best friends house, and he had the keys, and then she decided to break up with her boyfriend so that complicated the extraction and recovery logistics

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Oh my god you won the white trash lottery.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
E: delayed double post :psyduck:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You should start dating this chick too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Reckoning posted:

You should start dating this chick too.

She's 5'2", latina, an ex "dancer," has a firearm collection, and left her boyfriend because she said it was pathetic that she could have beaten him up badly if she really wanted to, considering he was 6 foot even with a significant weight advantage.

So what I'm saying is I try to not poo poo where I eat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Besides she's not my type

piss boner
May 17, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

she's not my type

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Look man its hard to explain, but she has this particular sparkle to her eyes and a tilt to the way she smiles that says that she still has hope, compassion, and belief in the goodness of her fellow man and that's pretty much an instant dealbreaker. When I look into a girls eyes, all I want to see is entirely too much of her whites, and the curious impression that something else looks back at me from behind that glassy facade.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Deal breakers for me are usually no rear end and missing teeth drat you're picky bro

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Look man its hard to explain, but she has this particular sparkle to her eyes and a tilt to the way she smiles that says that she still has hope, compassion, and belief in the goodness of her fellow man and that's pretty much an instant dealbreaker. When I look into a girls eyes, all I want to see is entirely too much of her whites, and the curious impression that something else looks back at me from behind that glassy facade.

You cultivate misery like a dust bowl farmer. This makes me happy in ways that cause me to question the type of person I am.

Bravo, I think.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Look man I have a very specific set of needs and not just anybody off the street will understand that foreplay doesn't officially begin until someone is bleeding

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I know she's out there somewhere, my fate, my destiny. I can see her when I open my mind's eye, see the exact moment when I know I've finally found her. The darkened room, air thick with smoke and the stench of gunpowder and ozone. Strange glowing embers drifting in fractal displays of probability and chance on unseen currents despite the absence of candles or flame. Our bodies entwined as one in post coital bliss, that moment of truth and vulnerability, when two souls truly connect as one. And I will whisper softly into her ear, "I know what you are. I know your true name."

And with that she shall bellow in the voices of all manner of beasts of the land and the air together as one, and for the first time the mask shall fall away and reveal to me her Seven True Faces, and all warmth and light shall be pulled from the air around us and I shall finally know happiness.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 16, 2015

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I know she's out there somewhere, my fate, my destiny. I can see her when I open my mind's eye, see the exact moment when I know I've finally found her. The darkened room, air thick with smoke and the stench of gunpowder and ozone. Strange glowing embers drifting in fractal displays of probability and chance on unseen currents despite the absence of candles or flame. Our bodies entwined as one in post coital bliss, that one moment of truth and vulnerability, when two souls truly connect as one. And I will whisper softly into her ear, "I know what you are. I know your true name."

And with that she shall bellow in the voices of all manner of beasts of the land and the air together as one, and for the first time the mask shall fall away and reveal to me her Seven True Faces, and all warmth and light shall be pulled from the air around us and I shall finally know happiness.

"Mama, I'm in love with a black hole."

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Be in love with a bitchin camaro.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm really beginning to wonder why you're not a writer/poet.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

I'm really beginning to wonder why you're not a writer/poet.

Because ironically I hate writing. But I've got this thing I'm working on right now if you want to see if its worth posting the rest when its done.

part 1 posted:

I remember the day I found the envelope. At the time, it seemed the very definition of innocuous. I noticed it sitting there on the porch as I came up the sidewalk, the hours the workday had taken from me momentarily trickling back in a small rivulet of curiosity. As I got closer, it became clear that it had obviously been left for me to find, my name scrawled in crude, yet bold lettering. Turning it over found no mailing or return address, and that tiny wellspring of curiosity began to bubble up inside. It was bulky, bulkier than normal for an envelope. I had to know what was inside. I set my six pack down on the porch, sitting down beside them as I tore the flap open to reveal the mysteries inside. There lay inside a crumpled, stained sheet of letter paper wrapped around something hard and small. As I unfolded the page, the same handwriting as the envelope became rapidly apparent. And with a small metallic clink, the artefact inside slipped out and clattered onto the steps. My breath frozen in my throat, ears beginning to ring, I felt my world tunneling down into one single point of focus.

The key. The key with that oh so familiar trident. The one I'd always dreamed of having, yet always eluding me in a dance of agony and desire just beyond reach straight from the Greek fables.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 16, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Oh behave!

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Sploosh :boom:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I regret that I have but one "5" to give

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

14 INCH SLIT posted:

She's 5'2", latina, an ex "dancer," has a firearm collection, and left her boyfriend because she said it was pathetic that she could have beaten him up badly if she really wanted to, considering he was 6 foot even with a significant weight advantage.

I see no downsides, she sounds perfect.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
She was theoretically going over to pick it up after work as of 6pm today, confirmed as I was leaving the door,with a promise of calling me to let me know where to be to get it and all attempts at establishing contact from there have failed :argh:

I know for a fact she's not jerking me around for amusement, it seriously boils down to once you reach a point where you care so little about a car you not only gave it away twice, but are aiming for a third time, and it's not parked at your house, so :effort:

I've even offered to go pick it up in person but she said she had it handled. I've been polite, but the longer a free car is left open ended in the air there are just exponentially increasing number of ways that it could all fall apart and since I was specifically expecting a call tonight about it, tomorrow I'm moving past polite and saying no seriously what will it take for me to bring it home now. I don't care if I have to loving pay for gas and a bar run on top of what I've offered to pay for a FREE CAR, until there is physically zero chance that I could possibly collect this thing I'm going to make it come together.

E: for fucks sake my buddy who still works at Ballard just messaged me asking about the Camaro, because she went by that store on a tire run earlier and he asked her about it because he read the post on my Facebook about it and she told him this morning she was picking it up tonight. So that's an awful lot of commitment to stringing someone along to flake out again. Jesus Christ, just give me an adress!

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 17, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus these motors are wide AF

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, update, they didn't get the car last night because the guy had moved it into the back yard behind the fence and parked cars behind it, but the ex boyfriend is still on decent terms with my coworker and apparently OWNS a flat bed tow truck so the working theory is he's just going to haul it out and call me when he needs to know where to drop it. I also finally obtained a phone number to get ahold of her. This could actually work.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

that avatar is a magicle thing

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

that avatar is a magicle thing

I liked how I didn't even need to change the username to match like I usually do

E: I was torn between using that or this version

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 17, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude in posesion of the Camaro is gearing up to make it difficult because he's pissed off that over a period of time equalling 5 weeks and two attempts to even so much as insure it, much less begin any sort of paperwork that my coworker dare to want the car back when he already has it

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm one hundred percent invested in this.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Do you know anyone in the national guard who needs skycrane practice time and owes you a favor? gently caress.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And so AI learns once more: there is no such thing as a free car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You don't understand. If anyone can do this, it's 14.

If you check his birth records, they don't exist. We made him exist. We created him. He does what we want.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The pain and suffering already inflicted for this car that isn't even his yet is part of the payment for this not actually free car. Dealing with people is just as costly if not more so than handing over crisp twenties.

Another thing this car will not be free of, besides "hassle," is spiders. There is no way. It is not free because it is not spider-free.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Look in the mirror and say "Maserati BiTurbo" three times, and 14 INCH will visit you tonight to leave title issues under your pillow.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Look in the mirror and say "Maserati BiTurbo" three times, and 14 INCH will visit you tonight to leave title issues under your pillow.

:vince:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Believe it or not, the PT and the Camaro were the first vehicles I have ever considered, much less pursued with title issues. Luckily that's not establishing a precedent for escalating behavioral disorders

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress your avatar holy poo poo

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

gently caress your avatar holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I was thinking there'd be trouble getting this Camaro. I didn't want to jinx it though.

• Locked thread