Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

I wish there were healing panels, basically. Did you know those ? can trigger encounters too? Because I didn't until now!

I totally forgot to post something when that happened to me a few days ago. Those things are kind of a sucker's bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the gently caress is with my game, is it rigged

Literally third Borgos in a row from my summon pull

Give me a goddamn rare I don't have at the very least, there's like a billion

I'd even settle for rare Yakkon, gently caress

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think it weights pulls towards newer characters (with the exception of SSR). Like 50 to 70% of what I got each pull was the new Bardock team. If you're really averse to those guys just wait for the next event.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think it weights pulls towards newer characters (with the exception of SSR). Like 50 to 70% of what I got each pull was the new Bardock team. If you're really averse to those guys just wait for the next event.

Welp, guess I'll just save my stones for the next event because Team Bardock outside of Fasha suck.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
SSJ Bardock is a monster. I can't imagine a better team leader. 4 more Roshis and 6 levels to Z-unlock.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

SSJ Bardock is a monster. I can't imagine a better team leader. 4 more Roshis and 6 levels to Z-unlock.

He's the best one we've got in the US version right now for sure.

The Japanese tier list everyone's using for reference is over here and he's like #4 overall even with all the BoG and RoF content they've gotten that we won't see for a while.

The top dude is of course SSGSS Goku who apparently boosts his own damage by 80% whenever he does a Super move and has some crazy link with SSGSS Vegeta that lets him deal over 300,000 damage in a single hit if I'm parsing the google translated stuff correctly.

Then it's SSJ3 Goku, Father-Son Kamehameha SSJ2 Gohan, and SSJ Bardock (in that order). SSJ3 Goku has a 70% damage boost passive, a 25% damage boost leader skill, and apparently hits like fourty trucks at once (he's basically SSJ Bardock but better stats, links, and passive). This particular SSJ2 Gohan can apparently output 200,000 damage or more when maxed out but I'm not sure I understand the rest of his benefits.

Right below those two are the Bardock we just got, which has my favorite google translate description about why he's so good

quote:

The cramp, was finally coming! Badakku!
Yet Super Saiyan! What ATK25% of all attributes of leader skills ...... In addition to the passive skill "ATK15% UP of all allies in the HP50% or more" . In short ATK of all allies 40% UP is a foul. This is foul.

And then the SSJ2 Goku that just got added too, who gets +3 ki if your HP is under 99%. Which is basically all the time? So you pair him with a +3 Ki leader or some other ki boosting source and he just fires Super Attacks all day long.

I don't know how valid the overall tier thing is, I've seen some people argue over placement (particularly of the lower half of characters, not so much the upper tiers) but it's a good reference when we get new SSRs about if they're worthwhile or not.

But tl;dr: Bardock is the best SSR Leader character until they add SSJ3 Goku or SSGSS Goku. If you get him you're basically set for life.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've managed to wrangle all of Bardock's crew, including 2 SR Fashas. I think I'm good on pulls for a bit, since there's no way I'll get an SSJ Bardock to cap it off. Now I have to decide on who goes in the 6th slot. I have SR TEQ Nappa, hosed up SR* event Kid Gohan, an alphabet of Vegetas and Raditzeses, maybe Videl or Chi-Chi for Battlefield Diva. Decisions Decisions.

What's the best way to get the medals to Z-Awaken Bardock, anyway?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 16, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Echophonic posted:

I've managed to wrangle all of Bardock's crew, including 2 SR Fashas. I think I'm good on pulls for a bit, since there's no way I'll get an SSJ Bardock to cap it off. Now I have to decide on who goes in the 6th slot. I have SR TEQ Nappa, hosed up SR* event Kid Gohan, an alphabet of Vegetas and Raditzeses, maybe Videl or Chi-Chi for Battlefield Diva. Decisions Decisions.

What's the best way to get the medals to Z-Awaken Bardock, anyway?

Assuming you mean the event one, just do hard mode. You only need one copy of each and you can get them all on hard. Just scout ahead and make sure you don't miss the golden capsule.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you get Fasha + Battlefield Diva link char + Saiyan Something(Bardock crew all have it) link she's getting like 3 ki for free so if you've got a good Battlefield Diva I would use them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I used the Dragonball wish for 10 dragon stones and got SR Fasha and the SR Yamcha that reduces defense by 25%. Not bad.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you get Fasha + Battlefield Diva link char + Saiyan Something(Bardock crew all have it) link she's getting like 3 ki for free so if you've got a good Battlefield Diva I would use them.

I can't help but feel like a Saiyan would be more generally useful, especially since there aren't many Divas in TEQ. Definitely worth keeping in mind when I need different types, though.

Just for reference, Saiyan Warrior Race is +700 Atk, Saiyan Pride is +15‰ Atk, and Team Bardock is +1 Ki.

I'm not totally sure how Team Bardock stack up against the Ginyu Force, stat-wise. Especially since only Fasha has an SR and the Ginyu guys have a ton of cards of various types so you can stack PHY, INT, or STR. They're a fun diversion from the all Ginyu all day game I've been playing, at least. And I can use my Vegetas and Nappas again.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Z-Hard King Cold got me to rage spend on Dragon Stones. Granted, I only had to use one to defeat him and I got his card from that battle, but I think he won the war. Back to Hard with me. Pretty good for getting more Support Items.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Summoned 12 times for 11 lovely rares and a SR Krillin. This game has the worst rates.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kegslayer posted:

Summoned 12 times for 11 lovely rares and a SR Krillin. This game has the worst rates.

I think I mentioned SD Gundam G Generation Frontier earlier so I'll mention it again. They handed out their gacha currency like candy, it wasn't hard to accumulate 999 for a lot of spins. The rates to get an SR or UR were like 1%. URs in that game were more like SSR in this one. Then they went and added a new rarity, FR. The rates to get those were like 0.01% or less and you had one week a month to roll one FR mech+pilot. They then balanced all of the new content around that month's FR so even your old FR were quickly out classed and if you were one of the unlucky few who didn't have any FR at all despite spending thousands upon thousands of tickets? Well gently caress you, now you can't even earn the crappy URs they give out that month for the events.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention I picked up Fallout Shelter again since someone mentioned it earlier and I got curious to see if they did anything about it, and they completely rebalanced it and it's a lot better now. It's still got a lot of the same flaws it did before, but they're way more manageable so the game doesn't just heap poo poo on you anymore.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 16, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nuebot posted:

Assuming you mean the event one, just do hard mode. You only need one copy of each and you can get them all on hard. Just scout ahead and make sure you don't miss the golden capsule.

Just for anyone else working on this, all the medals are in specific places. The first three are in Go Team Bardock behind the character they match, the fourth is in Frieza's Betrayal, and the fifth one is in Last Battle.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

THIS IS NOT MINE

Saw this on Reddit this morning:

What the gently caress.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Dragon Stones are a finite resource right? Eventually you will run out of them (besides buying them). Should a person be more careful how they spend them? Right now I'm collecting 5 and then doing a summon in the hopes of SSR Bardock or Goku.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Dragon Stones are a finite resource right? Eventually you will run out of them (besides buying them). Should a person be more careful how they spend them? Right now I'm collecting 5 and then doing a summon in the hopes of SSR Bardock or Goku.

They're finite yes, outside of log-in bonuses. But if you factor in missions, beating every mission twice on different difficulty (because gently caress Z-hard), dragon wishes, etc, there's more than enough in theory.

Theory is that if you don't have lovely luck like me who has 3 legit SR pulls out of probably 300 stones.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Eating all the Ki Powerups on the map.

Tae posted:

They're finite yes, outside of log-in bonuses. But if you factor in missions, beating every mission twice on different difficulty (because gently caress Z-hard), dragon wishes, etc, there's more than enough in theory.

Theory is that if you don't have lovely luck like me who has 3 legit SR pulls out of probably 300 stones.

I have 2 in about 250 stones. :suicide:

e: 20 minutes later I summon SSR Super Saiyan Gohan (teen). :aaaaa:

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 16, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've hit the first thing in the game that's making me really think about the future of my team. I like what I've got now, and there's a lot of links between characters. The Int Kid Vegeta fills in a major gap in that Mecha Frieza didn't complete a lot of the links that he can. But I put a lot of effort into getting multiple Mecha Friezas (only 7, not as many as some but still nothing to sneeze at), so to shelve him until Golden Frieza shows up is kind of a bummer. Not sure what I should do.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Awakening medal locations for event R Bardock.

Shugesh - "Go Team Bardock!" 2 spaces behind Shugesh boss (Normal)

Borgos - "Go Team Bardock!" 2 spaces behind Borgos boss (Hard)

Fasha - "Go Team Bardock!" 2 spaces behind Fasha boss (Hard)

Tora - "Freeza's Betrayal" On map, not tied to a character boss (Hard)

Freeza - "Last Battle" 1 space behind Freeza boss (Hard)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

I've hit the first thing in the game that's making me really think about the future of my team. I like what I've got now, and there's a lot of links between characters. The Int Kid Vegeta fills in a major gap in that Mecha Frieza didn't complete a lot of the links that he can. But I put a lot of effort into getting multiple Mecha Friezas (only 7, not as many as some but still nothing to sneeze at), so to shelve him until Golden Frieza shows up is kind of a bummer. Not sure what I should do.

:eyepop: Jesus CHRIST.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Should I be waiting till someone is max level to use awakening medals? Or can I go ahead and use medals to up their stats and then at max they will just auto z awaken?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

:eyepop: Jesus CHRIST.

No kidding. You've got more UR capable units than I do (none :( ).

STILL A HIGHER LEVEL THAN YOU THO

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Only Vegeta and Bardock are natural SSR, the others are just Z-Awakened. But thanks :)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is that SR Phys Raditz good? I just got him.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Just found another Gacha game, and it's pretty darn good.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light

http://www.apkpure.com/dragon-quest-monsters-sl/com.garena.game.dqmsl

Can't get it on the Play store on my phone yet, but I just downloaded the APK from that link (which I got from a thread here) and installed it, which worked fine. It updates itself from that point, and the Play store even handles its purchases, which is good, I guess. It's all in English.

Basically, you are a monster trainer, just like the old DQ Monsters games. Nice orchestral music, very nostalgic. It follows the same overall setup as PAD/Dokkan/OPTC, for the most part, but there is some mild dungeon crawling and it's surprisingly giving with the free pulls, even from the premium cards, every few days.

The combat is not puzzle based, though. It's definitely classic Dragon Quest, with spells, items, defending, attacking. It is good.

When you log in, it'll ask you for a friend code. Put this in and you'll get some kind of "SSR" and I'll get some assorted crap. I ended up getting some pink slime for putting someone else's code in when I first signed up (S rank, it goes F, E, D, C, B, A, S. As far as I can tell).

My referral code is RHU5Jjjm

There is a SEPARATE system for actual friend codes to invite their leaders to join you on quests. The referral code above is only used when you're first making an account and then never again.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
For Z-Hard missions, my brother showed me a trick. The Ox King item will reduce damage by 25%, but that is a huge lie. He showed me how a super hit him for like, 20k damage. But then he used Ox King and it reduced the damage to only around 4-5k. If you know the pattern, you can time your damage reduction and healing items for the turns where they do a super.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

Chinook posted:

Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light download

gently caress. Yes.

There might finally be a need for two threads if DQM:SL takes off.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Chinook posted:

Just found another Gacha game, and it's pretty darn good.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light

Android only?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Webbeh posted:

Android only?

It's on both. Not sure which countries it's released in on iOS.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
RE: DQM:SL, I can't get it to download data. Everything seems to be working fine, it just won't download when prompted - sits at 0% and occasionally crashes.

e: It's working now... Okay then.

e2: Used your referral code. Enjoy, man. I've been foaming at the mouth waiting for this game to come out in English.

Perpetual Ascent fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 16, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there some un-listed healing in Dokkan? Cause I have a team of saiyans and it suddenly healed my team for a lot, and none of them have healing links or powers.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tae posted:

Is there some un-listed healing in Dokkan? Cause I have a team of saiyans and it suddenly healed my team for a lot, and none of them have healing links or powers.

Whenever you pick up color-matching ki orbs it heals you a little bit per orb. Did you pick up a ton of them matching each character or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Whenever you pick up color-matching ki orbs it heals you a little bit per orb. Did you pick up a ton of them matching each character or something?

I know same-color heals, but I went up by like 6k. I mean, maybe it's possible, I can't exactly remember how many I collected, but the heal came at the start of my turn which was why I was confused.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Tae posted:

Did you perform a dokkan attack? I learned those healed a small bit whenever you complete one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cozz posted:

Did you perform a dokkan attack? I learned those healed a small bit whenever you complete one.

That must be it, although it healed like thousands so maybe it's damage-based.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
That dragon quest game is pretty fun. I found some free monster present codes online that work. They are all rank C:

Half Hog: D7x3BYaAf
Firebird: 46gC5tYbKJ
Juggular: DepZzm4v
Wyrtle: PEbhSYTDn2

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Started doing pulls when SSR Bardock went up. Lots of SRs, but they're being relegated to single-color teams since I'm SSR*'d out for the main team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I finally got my 4th SR after a billion stones. It's SR INT Hercule, who I have absolutely no links for :argh:

Also two more Borgas. I don't know who the gently caress is Borgas, but he is now burned into my retinas forever now.