Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Any of you guys catch this on Rick and Morty the other night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Notice that, despite all being in the same study group, every person there has a different book.

Really sloppy craftsmanship from the R&M crew.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One world. Different classes.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Arm_Fruit posted:

"Now make them make fun of the blonde one again! Now make them do it on the table! Now cancel it! ...Now bring it back. Okay, I'm bored."

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

"Now make them make fun of the blonde one again! Now make them do it on the table! Now cancel it! ...Now bring it back. Okay, I'm bored."

:aaaaa:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Arm_Fruit posted:

Is this a reference to something?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

fount of knowledge posted:

Is this a reference to something?

Not sure. Could be.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I thought that Dally Pudi got a starring role in an NBC show, Strange Calls?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/communitys-danny-pudi-topline-nbcs-778073

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
A show imported from the Commonwealth starring a Community cast member with the original show's co-star along for the ride? I give it one episode.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
edit: nm he totally does

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
If you can find it, watch Joel McHale's attempt at a US IT Crowd. He plays the normal (non-Moss) guy. The actor from the UK version plays Moss still. It's awful.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If you can find it, watch Joel McHale's attempt at a US IT Crowd. He plays the normal (non-Moss) guy. The actor from the UK version plays Moss still. It's awful.

It's pretty bad and pointless, but it's nowhere near as bad as US pilot of Spaced.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Nothing involving Richard Ayoade could be more disappointing than Darkplace only getting six episodes.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Arm_Fruit posted:

I found it interesting they went with the original cast.

That's weird, I watched it and it's completely different to what I remembered. I certainly never remembered Joel in it, but I don't think I knew who he was until much later.

thexerox123 posted:

It's pretty bad and pointless, but it's nowhere near as bad as US pilot of Spaced.

This is almost as bad as the US remake for Doctor Spacetimewhoman

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 18, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Yeah, it's a shot for shot remake of the first episode, basically. It is direly unfunny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember McHale putting on a pretty awful accent for the role too, for reasons I never understood.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Ah yes. Joel McHale as the awkward IT guy. I'd like to know the casting process for that one.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Aardark posted:

Ah yes. Joel McHale as the awkward IT guy. I'd like to know the casting process for that one.

It's probably a study of how American and UK TV stars have such a disparity of attractiveness.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's probably a study of how American and UK TV stars have such a disparity of attractiveness.

See also: Red Dwarf US pilot.

butts420
Jul 27, 2012
For those that like DVD commentary, Dan has been doing solo "communitary" of season 6 on Yahoo. I was able to watch it in Canada so it might not be region locked to US. https://screen.yahoo.com/communitary/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MikeJF posted:

See also: Red Dwarf US pilot.

Red Dwarf sucked. Just absolutely nothing landed for me. Everyone always talks about how good it is, but I just don't see it. Guess its not my thing.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

butts420 posted:

For those that like DVD commentary, Dan has been doing solo "communitary" of season 6 on Yahoo. I was able to watch it in Canada so it might not be region locked to US. https://screen.yahoo.com/communitary/

The regular episodes seem to be unblocked for me, too. :canada:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

butts420 posted:

Hey thanks, this owns.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

"Let's go get a beer, I'll give you some advice, and we'll have what the kids are calling a 'sausage fest.'"

I still love that line.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Red Dwarf sucked. Just absolutely nothing landed for me. Everyone always talks about how good it is, but I just don't see it. Guess its not my thing.

Did you start from the beginning? The tone entirely changes by season 3. It's a very niche series regardless.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

butts420 posted:

"This season... what're ya gonna do?"
:shrug:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

butts420 posted:

lol he's so pissy about people complaining about the lack of background music

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

The Dark One posted:

The regular episodes seem to be unblocked for me, too. :canada:

I'm in Canada too. Why can't I see anything?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm in Canada too. Why can't I see anything?

Unfortunately, Yahoo! can't stream more Community until you watch 25 minutes of Canadian programming to make up for the 30 minutes he spent watching American programming.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I can recite most of the heritage minutes. Isn't that good for something?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I can recite most of the heritage minutes. Isn't that good for something?

Burnt toast! I smell.. burnt toast!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

lol he's so pissy about people complaining about the lack of background music

He's right.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

thexerox123 posted:

Burnt toast! I smell.. burnt toast!

I was so disappointed when they kept making burnt toast/ stroke jokes in Archer. I thought it was a reference to obscure Canadian commercials, but it turned out to be a fairly well known symptom.

Anyway the videos are working for me now.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I finally got to play DnD recently and it was the ep in season 2 that got me and a couple of friends to try it.

Kinda made me want to go back and watch the DnD ep in season 5. Wondering if any of the other season 5-6 eps are worth another look?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Meow Meow Beanz in season 5.
Karate Kid in season 6.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

rear end Crack Bandit
The dog episode but only the Dean parts

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just watch the ladders scene 22 times from the season six premiere.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I did that a few weeks ago. It's goddamned brilliant.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Finally rewatching Season 1 now. It really feels quite a bit different from the other seasons. The biggest difference is here, Britta is not yet rendered into an idiot. In fact she occasionally outmaneuvers Jeff and it's incredibly satisfying.

The production values are also way higher and the whole thing feels less cartoony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vegetable posted:

Finally rewatching Season 1 now. It really feels quite a bit different from the other seasons. The biggest difference is here, Britta is not yet rendered into an idiot. In fact she occasionally outmaneuvers Jeff and it's incredibly satisfying.

The production values are also way higher and the whole thing feels less cartoony.

I thought it was really cool when Britta broke into Jeff's ex-condo and stole his faucets for him. :allears:

• Locked thread