Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Somewhere without ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Cricket is the only sport where multiple athletes have been harassed by ghosts.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Top score by the number 9, highest partnership between 9 and 10. I don't think that's how this tour game was meant to go.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

goatface posted:

Top score by the number 9, highest partnership between 9 and 10. I don't think that's how this tour game was meant to go.

Considering the way Australia has been batting outside of the Lord's test, this isn't too surprising

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Maybe they should reverse the batting order.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Or just play 10 bowlers and a keeper.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Ellyse Perry bowled 6-32 in the test. England's women have to win all three Twenty20s to draw the series and retain.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

gabensraum posted:

Ellyse Perry bowled 6-32 in the test. England's women have to win all three Twenty20s to draw the series and retain.

Good to know that a Test match across five days is worth two T20s...

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Unimpressed posted:

So the same length as a men's ashes test?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

Last time around it was worth 3. They're diminishing in value!

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

So the same length as a men's ashes test?

That's actually a very good point. The average length of the men's tests should determine the value of the women's test. That's like mansplaining on a whole new level.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Test Matches in the Womens game are only four days - still, just as long or even a bit longer than the Mens.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Looking at the County Championship stats and wondering whether Dawid Malan is in with a shot at getting a call-up.
He's averaging over 100 so far this season (albeit from 7 innings) and has had a few decent limited overs innings.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

kingturnip posted:

Looking at the County Championship stats and wondering whether Dawid Malan is in with a shot at getting a call-up.
He's averaging over 100 so far this season (albeit from 7 innings) and has had a few decent limited overs innings.

Yes but how is his form in the nets

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

webmeister posted:

Yes but how is his form in the nets
Don't worry, Rod Marsh will thoroughly evaluate him using the following criteria:

[ ] smashing it
[ ] not smashing it

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Shane Warne has commissioned this masterpiece

http://junkee.com/shane-warne-owns-a-painting-of-himself-cracking-vb-tinnies-with-sad-old-man-celebrities3/63597

:barf:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
.....bad areas.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

love it unironically

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
What do you mean, I totally have a portrait of myself chilling with Bruce Springsteen, Mick Jagger, Elvis, JFK, Muhammed Ali, Frank Sinatra and a topless Angelina Jolie. Above my work desk.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What do you mean, I totally have a portrait of myself chilling with Bruce Springsteen, Mick Jagger, Elvis, JFK, Muhammed Ali, Frank Sinatra and a topless Angelina Jolie. Above my work desk.

How about the guns on Michael Clarke though PHWOARRRR

also apparently Dimi Mascheranas is in it somewhere??

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Also Chris Rogers has confirmed his retirement.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Pup's not going to be happy about sharing the spotlight

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Drugs posted:

"Pup's not going to be happy about sharing the spotlight" - Andrew Symonds, via The Australian

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Why's there so loving long between the fourth and fifth test?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

To build up anticipation for the big decider.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To let the rain have a go.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Still B.A.E posted:

There was only supposed to be a 2 day gap but Australia were so awful...

I think the "proper" answer is to allow space for the Womens test

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Still B.A.E posted:

First and second tests were back to back, third and fourth tests were back to back. Doing three tests in a row back to back would be pushing it.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

First and second tests were back to back, third and fourth tests were back to back. Doing three tests in a row back to back would be pushing it.

Even so, this amount of time seems excessive. I guess jakiri has a point about the women's test.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Probably wanted to keep the T20 quarter final days clear as well.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Well they're not going to start the test on a Monday or a Tuesday. Tests nearly always start Thursdays these days.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tests should always and as far as I can remember of the old days did always start on a Thursday.

It's only the bullshit modern day schedule that has Tests starting on whatever loving day they feel like.

And then are finished before the weekend and everyone loses out on the huge revenue it would have brought.

[edit] If the poor little darling players need a break, give 'em a rest day on a Sunday with Botham and they can drink and drug all they like.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, sometimes they traditionally start on Boxing day.

They're not worried about having to time it to get the kids in or whatever, they can start them any day of the week they like in England and be sure of a crowd. I'm not sure why Sky don't insist on them starting on Thursday or Friday, weekend advertising slots must be worth more than weekday.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im still annoyed that i've only been able to watch 1 day of the ashes this series.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Im still annoyed that i've only been able to watch 1 day of the ashes this series.

Same, and I've watched all of it

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Wasn't there a test last year that started on Sunday? That just seemed incredibly stupid

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Test against India in Southampton. http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/engine/match/667715.html

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Lancashire player who got glassed in Kent is apparently going to be ok. Might even make it to finals day.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

yup, I was there. Cook should have gone early, just missed his ton. I think it was scheduled then as it was the first full week of the summer holidays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Apparently the South African bowling plan for the black caps leaked out. Hardly a big reveal primary thing seems to be targeting a good length outside of the off stump. Sometimes looking for late movement in to the batsman for LBW or bowled.