Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just worked 11 hours and earned tips but it doesn't leave me enough time between night shift to morning shift for me to play games on my computer before going to bed :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
but now you have money to buy more games with

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The backlog grows :unsmigghh:

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
I'm at my data limit on the phone that I use to post on SA until the 22nd. So now I'm tied to a computer to be here.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I woke up this morning and my sink was covered in ants. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
None of my Skype friends respond to my messages :qq:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's going to be a reasonable temperature this weekend so I can play video games without dying of heat stroke.

Buuuuuut I have to go to a wedding at some rich persons house. There had better be an open bar!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I might have had a big reveal in a video game I'm playing spoiled to me thanks to YouTube's incredible amazing "related videos" function. Like, not even the sidebar stuff, but the stuff where you go to the main YouTube page and it's all "Hey, we saw you watched [early game cutscene]. Check out [much later cutscene]!!" :sigh:

gently caress off youtube

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I can't tell if I'm having a panic attack or if my body is reacting poorly to the first caffeine I've had in a while.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I can't tell if I'm having a panic attack or if my body is reacting poorly to the first caffeine I've had in a while.

Get a coffee cup of expressos for 10+$ and feel like you did a line of cocaine.
After my lawn mowing beers, I am going to have to order pizza and pay that ridiculous delivery charge fee. Or I could sober up. Nah...

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I would like to think you are a first world problem OP, but your not, your loving ours.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Kaubocks posted:

I might have had a big reveal in a video game I'm playing spoiled to me thanks to YouTube's incredible amazing "related videos" function. Like, not even the sidebar stuff, but the stuff where you go to the main YouTube page and it's all "Hey, we saw you watched [early game cutscene]. Check out [much later cutscene]!!" :sigh:

gently caress off youtube

Holy poo poo I hate this so much.

I'm at a party and everyone is like "you got to see the baby!!!" But I don't like babies, so I feel really awkward. Also since I am awkward I'm on my phone posting on SA. I have unlimited data so it doesn't matter but the cringe imgur thread takes too long to load on LTE.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My boss' boss is dragging his loving feet on hiring new people for our location, and now both my boss and another coworker have told me they're actively looking for new jobs. I'm worried that if they do leave, the company will decide that our location isn't worth the time and effort to keep staffed anymore and will fire me :smith: The only reason I have this job is because my nieces' dad helped me get it, and he left a year ago.

I'm the only employee who has been at this location for more than a year. I'm sure they'd like for me to be the supervisor, but even if I wanted to be, I can't- I can only work so many hours per week before losing my disability benefits, and they just plain don't pay me enough to make up for losing that.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm buying a house on Frday (woo! (?)) and there's a local telecom I can use (and have used in the past) to avoid having to pay too much money to Comcast for worse service.

They've even gotten better since I used them, with student discounts, and even offering gigabit internet.

The problem, though, is the pricing scheme.

Here's their standard pricing:

And here's the special student discount I can get since my girlfriend is earning her Master's:

Realistically, I know that 50 MB/s internet is plenty of speed for me, and I should be happy I can get that for $45/month.

But then I see that I can get four times that speed for only $5 more...or fives times THAT that speed for only $20 more (if I took the 12-month contract. Which, seeing as I'm buying a house, makes sense.)

It's hard to NOT rationalize gigabit internet for $70/month.

Edit: second problem today: the fact that there are TVs being made in 2015 that still only have 2 HDMI ports. The last TV I bought 8 years ago has 4!

These aren't no-name brands, either. LG, Vizio, Samsung. I've looked at multiple models for each, and all have just 2.

Maybe it's because I'm just looking on Overstock.com and they're mostly older models? Ironically, the first one I've found with 3 is a no-name (Hisense?)

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Aug 17, 2015

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I live in a duplex, and our downstairs neighbors for the past three years or so are moving out. Sucks, because they rule and I'll miss them. Also, now we're going to have to find someone else to watch the cats when we go on vacation in October.

Plus, their space is much cooler than ours. The building is a big old former one family home built in 1864, and the downstairs unit has a lot more awesome original detail than ours, which was restored at some point and is much more modern. Not to mention the 15 foot ceilings. I kiiinda want to see about moving down there when they're gone, but our place gets much more natural light, the cats would miss having a deck to go out on, and moving is a pain in the rear end even if it's just downstairs.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
The A&W's around here have really gone downhill. They water down the root beer and use paper bags instead of foil for the burgers.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm buying a house on Frday (woo! (?)) and there's a local telecom I can use (and have used in the past) to avoid having to pay too much money to Comcast for worse service.

They've even gotten better since I used them, with student discounts, and even offering gigabit internet.

The problem, though, is the pricing scheme.

Here's their standard pricing:

And here's the special student discount I can get since my girlfriend is earning her Master's:

Realistically, I know that 50 MB/s internet is plenty of speed for me, and I should be happy I can get that for $45/month.

But then I see that I can get four times that speed for only $5 more...or fives times THAT that speed for only $20 more (if I took the 12-month contract. Which, seeing as I'm buying a house, makes sense.)

It's hard to NOT rationalize gigabit internet for $70/month.

Edit: second problem today: the fact that there are TVs being made in 2015 that still only have 2 HDMI ports. The last TV I bought 8 years ago has 4!

These aren't no-name brands, either. LG, Vizio, Samsung. I've looked at multiple models for each, and all have just 2.

Maybe it's because I'm just looking on Overstock.com and they're mostly older models? Ironically, the first one I've found with 3 is a no-name (Hisense?)

That fast of internet I'd only really worth it if you have the hardware that can support it. Also majority of consumers have a tv, cable box and some sort of movie player (blu-ray, DVD). And they expect the others who have more to have a fancy a/v receiver with multiple HDMI inputs, and one output.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I haven't had any issues with Comcast in the year I've had them except one unscheduled drop if service for two hours late at night. That being said, CenturyLink has their fiber network in my area now. It's would be faster for cheaper but I don't want to have to get any new hardware.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I've started playing Time Clickers. My life is in shambles.

send help

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My desktop is a tiny Acer that is almost 7 years old, so I need to replace it soon, but I can't decide what other small desktop to get. Saw a cute HP one but if I get that, I'll need to get a monitor with an HDMI cable. That tells you how old the monitor is.

Our three new foster kittens are loving tiny and adorable but refuse to eat dry food, so their poops are always runny from all the wet food. And reeking of pumpkin since we have to throw that in to limit the softserve ice cream poo poo.

My mom has to go in for another surgery so I need to cancel the days off I have requested for Labor Day so I can get days off after her surgery.

But my friend has me beat. He spent all weekend moaning about how Disneyland is opening a StarWars land and a Marvel land and it's just not the real Disney anymore. He'll still go, he goes about once every three months but hearing him whine about how it's not the True Disney anymore is almost a FWP itself.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I binged watched an entire TV series and now that it's over I don't know what to do with my life anymore.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

drgnwr1 posted:

That fast of internet I'd only really worth it if you have the hardware that can support it. Also majority of consumers have a tv, cable box and some sort of movie player (blu-ray, DVD). And they expect the others who have more to have a fancy a/v receiver with multiple HDMI inputs, and one output.

Most of my devices CAN use it. I've got a gigabit router, and gigabit cards in my desktop and PS4, and all my of devices that use wifi have at least n.

And I'm less concerned about any individual device getting a ton of bandwidth than I am the total bandwidth. Between my girlfriend and I, we can easily have two Netflix streams going, while I'm playing an online game, and probably downloading something or other.

I'll probably just get the 200 MB service...I had their 25 MB service before (which they no longer offer,) and only a few times was it really a problem...so ten times that should realistically be fine.

I just want o brag to everyone that I have gigabit fiber at home. :(

Cowslips Warren posted:

My desktop is a tiny Acer that is almost 7 years old, so I need to replace it soon, but I can't decide what other small desktop to get. Saw a cute HP one but if I get that, I'll need to get a monitor with an HDMI cable. That tells you how old the monitor is.

Does your current one use VGA or DVI? If it's DVI, you can find HDMI->DVI cables easily and for cheap, since they're sort of the same thing.

If it's VGA, then yeah, time to get a new one.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

Does your current one use VGA or DVI? If it's DVI, you can find HDMI->DVI cables easily and for cheap, since they're sort of the same thing.

If it's VGA, then yeah, time to get a new one.

They do make DVI to VGA converters though. But you are still getting the downgraded resolution, so yes. About time to upgrade the monitor if that is the case, if you can. But the adapter is an option in the meantime as it is relatively inexpensive.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Made tacos last night but didn't realize I didn't have any salsa. Then realized that it is because anytime we buy any, my fiance eats it all in 2 days that we are out.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Celery Face posted:

The A&W's around here have really gone downhill. They water down the root beer and use paper bags instead of foil for the burgers.

The root beer is the only reason to go (also, cheese curds). Watering it down is criminal.

The only one near us is also a Long John Silver's and they don't have a root beer keg or sell root beer by the gallon.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I have a lot of tasty food in my fridge but I'm not hungry so I don't want to eat it. I wish I was hungry.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I had to get a warranty replacement phone and left my SD card in my old phone. The UPS store is holding my package so I can pick it up when I go to work on Monday but I feel stupid. I also got on the wrong train last night on the way home from work, so now I feel doubly stupid.

I also have to sit around while the plumbers mess with my bathroom, no cost to me since we both rent and live in a co-op building, but I had to leave work early and am not getting paid for the rest of the day and I don't want to order lunch until they leave. Also my cat is scared and hiding under the bed and I feel bad for her.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe not FWB but

One of my guinea pigs died and his partner is very sad and hiding all day. I'm sorry little buddy. We will find you a new friend soon.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The church a few blocks over likes to play music on their bells.

Literally none of them are in tune. It makes me cringe.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, the bible says make a joyful noise. Nothing in there about it having to be in tune.

My FWP is that there's an auction I want to win on ebay but it's going to be over in like 2 hours but I wanna win it NNOOOOWWWWWW so I can go take a nap and not have to make a stupidly expensive bid.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

My beagle likes to sleep in bed with me so repeatedly will jump up into bed waking me up. I kick her out because there isn't enough room. Then she scratches at her collar, waits till I am just about back asleep again and jumps back into bed again.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

The couple that hosts our weekly D&D game broke up and I'm worried the game might get cancelled permanently.

Sweet Calamity
Feb 15, 2008
Take nothing from nothing and you'll have nothing left.
I'm bored and can't seem to entertain myself. I don't work til 5 so I could get farther ahead in my classes by doing more homework, but :effort:

I think the bigger first world problem here is that I only have happy, productive days when I take my ADD meds, but if I take them too many days in a row I turn into a crazy, edgy bitch. Off days (when I don't take them) suck.

Also, my cat just settled in my lap, which is rare now with her age, but I want to get up.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
When I go out with my friends they like to complain about their jobs or bosses or the job market in general but I enjoy my job so I can't join in the conversation.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm hungry and didn't bring a lunch to work. The only place nearby is a cafe with rip off prices. I'm willing to suck it up and go for it but because it's the only place nearby for a big building full of offices there's going to be a line.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I somehow managed to lose my sports bra, so I have to buy a new one before gymnastics class tonight.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought some military surplus for a costume but I looked online for the same items and would have saved 10%.

Because I'm a stupid idiot, I have started down the road of Nerf modding but I work too many hours to do any "serious" projects.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

I somehow managed to lose my sports bra, so I have to buy a new one before gymnastics class tonight.

Stolen by a stalker, most likely.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

The idiot who renovated my house before I bought it built the kitchen counter around the dishwasher. Who knew that one day someone would want to replace the dishwasher without tearing that counter apart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

nexus6 posted:

When I go out with my friends they like to complain about their jobs or bosses or the job market in general but I enjoy my job so I can't join in the conversation.

Aww there's always something to bitch about. I enjoy my job but if it gets extremely busy (Tech Support Call Centre) then I still bitch about it when/if it quietens down because that is kinda annoying.