Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I love it when ya'll come visit us non-streamers in our thread. Welcome to our humble house, please don't mind the mold :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

Trying to backdoor Becky? I don't see why he would pick them over her.

A show of loyalty to both Johnny and Vanessa/Aus-Twins, I suspect. If he went after Becky he might lose Johnny. Going after the other side of the house theoretically shows Freaks & Geeks he's with them after he sketched them out this week not backing Vanessa. Just guessing but he told Johnny to target the Goblins before feeds cut so he was obviously plotting it and I think that trio (James/Meg/Jacke) are probably the targets.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

For fucks sake, backdooring isnt the only way to get rid of people. You're more likely to get a weak challenge player like Becky out if you put them on the block directly.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's a good play, it's cautious in that it doesn't hurt his relationship with Johnny if Becky can't go up, and still gets out someone he has no relationship with.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Everyone but Johnny Mac here would probably use the veto if Steve gave them the heads up.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Shakugan posted:

For fucks sake, backdooring isnt the only way to get rid of people. You're more likely to get a weak challenge player like Becky out if you put them on the block directly.

It takes her chance of playing in veto from 100% to 50%, plus she isn't a weak comp threat at all - she won two very physical competitions, including one that was played really quickly, just like DE Veto is.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Shakugan posted:

She isn't a weak challenge player.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Thaaat's not good for Jackie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't see Johnny using it with the chance of Becky going up. I think Jackie's toast. Unless Steve is planning something crazy like a Vanessa backdoor.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
It would kind of be stupid for them not to try for James. Steve's already pissed off Meg and Jackie.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
LOL Steve can't handle the pressure! Should've thrown more effectively :downsgun:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is really on James, Meg, and Jackie. They had two weeks of safety to try and bring Steve and Johnny in and they didn't. This is their passive play and complacency biting them in the rear end again. They thought they were completely safe after a couple of HOH wins but really didn't do enough work to make sure it was real. No ones even betraying them here. It's just the people they've never gamed with treating them as expendable.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

So what happens where Steve was saying his table wasn't working in pov?

(If it wasn't a throw)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Britt Burns posted:

LOL Steve can't handle the pressure! Should've thrown more effectively :downsgun:

He's been telling them for weeks that he hated Austin and would put him up so he's probably having an anxiety attack on how to explain this without giving up his alliance.

Especially since he turned his back on that alliance this week so this is kind of a Hail Mary to win back trust, I suspect.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah and especially Jackie did nothing but talk poo poo about Steve for weeks, like it wasn't going to get back to him. Jackie was a sloppy and stupid player and I won't be sad to see her go.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Maybe Shelli should have picked Johnny Mac with the house guest choice veto chip. I actually thought Becky had the best strategy in that comp for sure, was surprised when she got third or whatever.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

STAC Goat posted:

This is really on James, Meg, and Jackie. They had two weeks of safety to try and bring Steve and Johnny in and they didn't. This is their passive play and complacency biting them in the rear end again. They thought they were completely safe after a couple of HOH wins but really didn't do enough work to make sure it was real. No ones even betraying them here. It's just the people they've never gamed with treating them as expendable.

To be fair there was a 6 person alliance going into this and Steve or JM winning was the doomsday scenario. They also can't make a deal with everyone every week at the jury stage of the game or they'll never get any jury votes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ha! That weird nose thing Austin did was the secret sign of Freaks and Geeks that has never been done because that alliance has never really been really until tonight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiky Ooze posted:

To be fair there was a 6 person alliance going into this and Steve or JM winning was the doomsday scenario. They also can't make a deal with everyone every week at the jury stage of the game or they'll never get any jury votes.

The six person deal came into play in the last few days though. They had huge doubts about Aus-Twins at least up to last week's eviction and maybe as late as two days ago. You can excuse the last few days of them brushing off John/Steve but not the previous 10 days or so. Or the 40 before it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

STAC Goat posted:

He's been telling them for weeks that he hated Austin and would put him up so he's probably having an anxiety attack on how to explain this without giving up his alliance.

It's easy, his true target was __________ who he planned to backdoor. Insert whatever answer is needed when he talks to them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, he should have just said "You guys never talk game to me, you don't hang out with me, you're in a clear trio that has won HOHs, and you all plotted to target me last week." Its true, its easy, and its not "I'm allied with all those other guys."

But since everyone expected him to go after Vanessa, Austin, or even Becky he probably froze up. He's a nervous wreck in general.

I didn't like Jackie and she was super smug about what an awesome and safe player she was so this amuses me, but mostly I enjoyed that because I didn't see it coming at all. I had Jackie at like a 5% chance of going home when I did it in my head this morning. I figured it would take a double POV play or a major backstabbing to get her in danger.

Its always fun when Chicken George wins one and people throw fits.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 14, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
This season is fairly unpredictable, which is a good thing, but I am really only rooting for Johnny Mack at this point. Maybe Vanessa, as well. On the other hand, the only person I dislike in the house is Becky, who went from an unknown bore to most annoying person in the house in the span of a week.

Last season was good if you enjoy watching a person dominate for the entire game, but I think I prefer absolute chaos in the house. The best thing they did was get rid of the BotB.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Johnny Mac and Jason are my favorites by a long stretch. John walking into DR for the vote and going "WHAT DO YOU WANT" and then "OK BYE WHATEVER" and walking out was the best.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't like Jackie and she was super smug about what an awesome and safe player she was so this amuses me, but mostly I enjoyed that because I didn't see it coming at all. I had Jackie at like a 5% chance of going home when I did it in my head this morning. I figured it would take a double POV play or a major backstabbing to get her in danger.

Steve was talking to himself the whole week about needing to break up the groups... but I did not expect Jackie either.

That's what happens with Steve and JM in power I guess. They are literally gameplay-phobic and run away from people in the house like shy 6-year-olds. It's weird. There's under the radar, but they're a new category which is more like under a rock.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I love Johnny Mac but he seems to not be good at reading the house, he's hitched his wagon to some houseguests on really shaky ground.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Mahoning posted:

I love Johnny Mac but he seems to not be good at reading the house, he's hitched his wagon to some houseguests on really shaky ground.
Except would he really be anyone's target right now? I don't really think so... I hope not.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hahah Steve! That was amusing, though it did bother him some, obviously.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I knew he tried to throw it!

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I love that there's now a "Steve acts weird" and "Steve is evil" segment every single episode.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

James talking about Titanic. Amazing

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I love how Becky, Meg, and James basically call everyone else idiots by saying that Vanessa controls them. Like they're not smart enough to think for themselves and they have none of their own ideas or agendas.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mahoning posted:

I love how Becky, Meg, and James basically call everyone else idiots by saying that Vanessa controls them. Like they're not smart enough to think for themselves and they have none of their own ideas or agendas.

Some how they truly believe that Vanessa is the mastermind of the house controlling everything. Instead of realizing that there's been a power alliance controlling nearly everything the entire season that they weren't smart enough to be a part of.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That seems to be the thing about the BB house. You get paranoid, you think you know what is going on, and with 16 hours a day to sit and talk, you find a way to rationalize every single little thing to fit your predetermined narrative.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Steve and James are a generic brand Stephen Fishbach and J.T.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I think the biggest problem they have is putting all the blame on one person: Audrey, then Shelli/Clay, then Vanessa. They fail to see the big picture over and over again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Being in that house with Vanessa would drive me loving crazy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Johnny Mac was really smart to follow her up, but he should have insisted on being present to give his side of the story and not let Vanessa control the story

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She very obviously had zero intention of working with Johnny and just wanted to paint a picture that makes it look as if she's uninvolved when the nominations are announced.

All anyone intelligent would have to do is point these conversations out with Austwins.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

blue squares posted:

Johnny Mac was really smart to follow her up, but he should have insisted on being present to give his side of the story and not let Vanessa control the story

He was really dumb to not just butter her up when they were downstairs though. Twins and Austin are handling their frustration with her MUCH better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Popero posted:

He was really dumb to not just butter her up when they were downstairs though. Twins and Austin are handling their frustration with her MUCH better.

I guess he thought he could talk to her as a couple of adults. Which was a dumb thing to think.

• Locked thread