Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not to mention Killer Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They'll just put a bunch of shadows that look terrible on the original airing, then remove them for the Blu-ray release.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dzhay posted:

Following the advice of this thread, I read part 4.

Part 4 is good and will make a good cartoon.

Slightly worried about the censorship, Crazy Diamond needs a certain amount of gore.

I'm doing the same right now
I hope Jotaro gets to say ZA - WARUDO with at least a little of Dio's gusto when they adapt this

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm doing the same right now
I hope Jotaro gets to say ZA - WARUDO with at least a little of Dio's gusto when they adapt this

I too hope Jotaro says things 100% out of character.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Senor Candle posted:

I too hope Jotaro says things 100% out of character.

That's why I said a little, obviously he's never going to chew the script like Dio but it'd like it if you just couldn't stop time without being a little dramatic

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

There's a point we're Jotaro refers to Dio as "his nemesis," which is sort of Saturday morning cartoon-y.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I always pictured Jotaro saying Star Platinum's The World in a really rushed way, because that is a mouthful for something that happens instantly.

Like, I imagine him practicing saying it in advance so as not to fumble.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Iserlohn posted:

I always pictured Jotaro saying Star Platinum's The World in a really rushed way, because that is a mouthful for something that happens instantly.

Like, I imagine him practicing saying it in advance so as not to fumble.

I figure he deliberately has it take a while to say so that anyone he fights hears him say "Star Platinum..." before THE WORLD is the Time Stop effect, and they know what's coming long enough to appreciate what a cool handsome badass he is before he punches them 40000 times.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sad there's never a moment where Jotaro stops time, beats the poo poo out of someone, and then time resumes with them resuming the poo poo beating out of.

Like, Steely Dan but with a beatdown before the beatdown.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro's delivery on THE WORLD in HftF is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0MygIBj0Yg

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Reading part 5. The clothes are ridiculous and this is FABULOUS as hell.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not to mention Killer Queen.

Or hell, even Pearl Jam.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
So here's a topic of discussion. What are some possible part 4 EDs?
I unironically think it should be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jellymouth posted:

So here's a topic of discussion. What are some possible part 4 EDs?
I unironically think it should be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

The three things people always say are Shining Happy People, All Star, and Stand

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Meme Emulator posted:

The three things people always say are Shining Happy People, All Star, and Stand

I get Shiny Happy People and Stand, but what's the reasoning behind All Star?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

It was the top pop rock song of 1999, just as Walk Like an Egyptian was top for 1987 (or whatever year parts 3&4 take place in). It also fits Josuke's carefree, flashy personality, and is basically the antithesis of Kira's desire for a quiet life.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dexie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvA3GQuvYU

Slight Spoiler Note: contains various characters from part 4, for people who haven't read it yet.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

hoobajoo posted:

It was the top pop rock song of 1999, just as Walk Like an Egyptian was top for 1987 (or whatever year parts 3&4 take place in). It also fits Josuke's carefree, flashy personality, and is basically the antithesis of Kira's desire for a quiet life.

Also, Shiny Happy People, All Star, and Stand are owned by Warner Bros, which means they don't have to go out of the way to get permission.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I think that All the Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople would be a good fit. The song feels really bubbly and full of youthful energy in spite of its dark lyrics, suiting itself well to the mood of Part 4. Also, it was originally written by David Bowie. While most people took the song to be a great anthem for the era of glam rock, he disagrees, saying that instead of it being a hymn to the youth it is a warning for destruction.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

Stardust Crusaders takes place in 1989 while Walk Like an Egyptian was released in 1986, so that logic doesn't really hold up.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am still holding out for Don't Stop Me Now for the first half and Killer Queen for the second.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

Stardust Crusaders takes place in 1989 while Walk Like an Egyptian was released in 1986, so that logic doesn't really hold up.

Well whatever, that's the least important reason anyway. Mainly, it fits the part's JoJo, has thematic resonance, and as a poster above stated, is owned by WB.

FWIW, I'm pulling for Stand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All Star only works for DIO's World and only the first two lines for the roadroller and Kakyoin's bright idea. The rest of it is an abomination.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't the reason the EDs were chosen is because those are what Araki was listening to as he was writing the series?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Beef Chief posted:

Wasn't the reason the EDs were chosen is because those are what Araki was listening to as he was writing the series?

Yep this, and if they already had the rights to the songs as well.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Chief posted:

Yeah, all the songs are ultimately chosen by Araki. Not sure beyond that, there's a lot of apocrypha surrounding Araki and JoJo, so I'm skeptical of any Internet hearsay surrounding it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm pretty sure this was an article where they interviewed one of the lead guys at David and he said that, like it's not heresay.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Chief posted:

I'm pretty sure this was an article where they interviewed one of the lead guys at David and he said that, like it's not heresay.

I've just never seen that article; it's entirely reasonable, but I'm not going to take it as fact off the word of goons alone.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

I've just never seen that article; it's entirely reasonable, but I'm not going to take it as fact off the word of goons alone.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-07-16/interview-jojo-bizarre-adventure-director-naokatsu-tsuda/.90413

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Iserlohn posted:

I think that All the Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople would be a good fit. The song feels really bubbly and full of youthful energy in spite of its dark lyrics, suiting itself well to the mood of Part 4. Also, it was originally written by David Bowie. While most people took the song to be a great anthem for the era of glam rock, he disagrees, saying that instead of it being a hymn to the youth it is a warning for destruction.

e: I'm dumb, ignore~

e2: It is a good song though, the edited comment was about something else entirely

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Awesome, thanks! I think I actually read part of this article but forgot that part.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, that interview was pretty recent-ish as well. rest easy knowing that araki has the music choices on lockdown.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

I am still holding out for Don't Stop Me Now

That would actually be kind of cool.

All Star would make me laugh because I think it could safely be Okuyasu's theme song. :devil: I'd like Stand except that'd make me think of Get a Life every time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The smartest punchghost series on television.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

For some reason I saw this and assumed Golden Girls.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just finished Stardust Crusaders and I'm on the ground alternating between crying and pissing myself

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

gigawhite posted:

I just finished Stardust Crusaders and I'm on the ground alternating between crying and pissing myself

I think that's the reaction Araki intended to elicit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
really really wish you guys would stop commenting in this thread

i keep thinking im gonna get some part 4 news!!! :(

• Locked thread