Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The narrator's blatant disregard for the actual punctuation and other trivial matters makes it so special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Agean90 posted:

INDEED is it true that the most memorable lines belong to pretty much everyone not the Tau.

Bullshit, O'Kais is a master of the ancient art of :iceburn:

:colbert:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

True, i was thinking mostly of unit quotes.

I ALREADY KNOW WHAT! YOU! HAAAASKKKK :byodood:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

my dad posted:

Bullshit, O'Kais is a master of the ancient art of :iceburn:

:colbert:

To be fair, ice burning Thule is not an achievement. :v:

O'Kais is otherwise pretty dull in stronghold banter. He's polite, professional, and like his faction is dull as dishwater.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Agean90 posted:

The game has some amazing voice acting. INDEED it is true that the narrator is one of them. INDEED is it true that the most memorable lines belong to pretty much everyone not the Tau.

The Tau probably don't even have a spleen.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cythereal posted:

To be fair, ice burning Thule is not an achievement. :v:

O'Kais is otherwise pretty dull in stronghold banter. He's polite, professional, and like his faction is dull as dishwater.

I think a character being polite or professional actually makes them stand out quite a bit in 40k.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Night10194 posted:

I think a character being polite or professional actually makes them stand out quite a bit in 40k.

He vented all his anger on his first day of service, and the therapy helped, too. :v:

The poor bastard keeps losing his Ethereals, though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Night10194 posted:

Eh. Tau, Eldar, some strains of Imperial Guard and Space Marines. Taldeer in this game is also very polite and calm, she's just endlessly sarcastic when chatting with other commanders.

O'Kais is professional, to the point, and the only time he expresses much personality is when ripping Thule a new one. But every commander does that to Thule.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Agean90 posted:

True, i was thinking mostly of unit quotes.

I ALREADY KNOW WHAT! YOU! HAAAASKKKK :byodood:

The IG Psyker in this game might have my favorite voice acting in any game ever

WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :science:

gently caress it, reinstalling, I want to actually try and beat the campaign this time instead of just getting stonewalled after I take a few factions down.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
I know I've chosen Wisely so many times, he has his own plaque on the bell of lost souls.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cythereal posted:

Eh. Tau, Eldar, some strains of Imperial Guard and Space Marines. Taldeer in this game is also very polite and calm, she's just endlessly sarcastic when chatting with other commanders.

O'Kais is professional, to the point, and the only time he expresses much personality is when ripping Thule a new one. But every commander does that to Thule.

I still think that Thule should've lost here. The Governor-General is just too cool to be reduced tom a set of power claws ion DoW 2. Oh well, at least we can be sure that General VANCE MOTHERFUCKING STUBBS and his 100 Baneblades will run roughshod over the ruins of Borealum and the METAL BOXES contained within.

What I'm saying is that Soulstorm isn't just special, it's 'special' :allears:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Heaven Spacey posted:

The IG Psyker in this game might have my favorite voice acting in any game ever

WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :science:

gently caress it, reinstalling, I want to actually try and beat the campaign this time instead of just getting stonewalled after I take a few factions down.

The Chaos builder unit is my favorite, because it sounds like Peter Lorre's bratty teenage son being whipped.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The Chaos builder unit is my favorite, because it sounds like Peter Lorre's bratty teenage son being whipped.

that's Richard Ian Cox

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

that's Richard Ian Cox

Dickie Cox. Teehee.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Onmi posted:

that's Richard Ian Cox

I refuse to take back my statement.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

I still think that Thule should've lost here. The Governor-General is just too cool to be reduced tom a set of power claws ion DoW 2. Oh well, at least we can be sure that General VANCE MOTHERFUCKING STUBBS and his 100 Baneblades will run roughshod over the ruins of Borealum and the METAL BOXES contained within.

What I'm saying is that Soulstorm isn't just special, it's 'special' :allears:

The orc campaign has the narrator trying to talk like an orc after every stronghold victory. Its magical.

AND A RIGHT AN PROPA FIGHT IT WAS

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr. Snark posted:

Shas'o, while I still believe that the Northlands are a prime target, perhaps you should take a more cautionary approach to the battle this time and shore up your defenses before committing to a push.

The Eldar are conniving, deceitful tricksters, and trying to assault them before you have a solid force is suicidal. You should get Hammerheads for the assault. Like, lots of them.

Scintilla posted:

Northlands.

Again, gently caress the Eldar.

Night10194 posted:

Go for the Northlands!

We fall back only to regroup. The Greater Good must prosper.

We shall go for the Demes Northlands, though if we plan to play a defensive match, we'll want to follow the path of the patient hunter.

Our base is secluded upon a hill in the south.

Scouting, there's a valley that would force the enemy to funnel through our defenses before reaching our base. We'll set up turrets at these points.

Aha, they already arrive! There's a choke point at the end of the valley. If we concentrate our forces here, the enemy won't be able to reach our base without jetpack tech.
Shas'o Kais. Back for more?

Uh, Shas'o?
Did you think I came alone? You foolish child.
Fall back, fall back! Put some distance between her blade and open fire!

Shas'o, I got her! I got the Farseer!
Excellent shot, but she'll be back before long.

Incidentally, these are the Eldar Guardians. They're standard ranged infantry. They're cheap and can reinforce in large numbers, but are terrible at melee. Their large numbers can look threatening, but it's like swatting away a handful of ants. The Tau guns will shred them.

They've pushed us back into the canyon, Shas'o.
The Kroot will ensure they go no further.

The Eldar shall rue the day they chose to confront the Greater Good.

Set up a Vehicle Beacon by that strategic point, and prepare for another attack.

Commander, there are critical locations in the centre of the battlefield. We shall take them for you.

Watch out for their Howling Banshees.

Hmm, Rangers attack us as well. Bring forward a Vespid Stingwing detachment. Flush them out.

Haha, excellent! The tides of battle flow in our favour.

These are Eldar Howling Banshee squads, by the way. Light infantry, specializing in melee. Not too threatening to our Kroot and Vespid auxiliaries. Their screams can destroy morale, but if that happens to our melee teams, the Tau plasma guns will still melt them.
Shas'o, the Drone Squads are online.
Ah, excellent! Allow me to introduce a decisive tactic of the Tau Empire: Drone Swarms.

Mass swarming is not a skill unique to the Orkz. Our Drones are well-built, solid machines. Infantry don't stand a chance against them, and neither do most vehicles. Their weapons have a very limited range, but in large numbers, they can overwhelm and disrupt nearly any foe.

The Drones are cutting them down, Shas'o.
Good. Send them north, afterwards. The enemy base is likely there.

I see Taldeer makes a futile flanking attack towards our base.

Meanwhile, our Stealthsuits eliminate the Eldar listening posts and take the points for ourselves.

Shas'o, the Drones are sending notifications: they've located the base.
Excellent. Standard de-clawing tactics. Shut down their offensive capabilities and lets turn the Northlands into a Tau colony.

The Drones have turned the Eldar base into a killing field.

They're currently dismantling their means of production.

Stingwing squad, here. We are in the process of wiping out the Eldar teleportation tech and are taking their strategic points.

Aaaaand, the Eldar base is harmless.
Call off the Drones, have them block the the Eldar's exit.

Drone Squads have the ability to burrow in the ground, surprising enemies that lack detectors.

You should leave this place, Tau. Our work here is of the utmost importance.
Ha, cute. The Eldar are trying to break out by throwing swarms of Guardians at us. Remember what I said about swatting away ants?

Pathetic.

Their Bonesingers will try to rebuild, but it's a pointless gesture. Our Drones will keep them from advancing their tech enough to ever become a threat. I do admire their builder unit, though. They can teleport and can disable enemy buildings. None of our useless Earth Caste Drones can do that. Say, how are our defenses coming along?

Excellent, Shas'o. We've captured all the slag deposits and fortified them.

We also have a number of secondary Cadre Headquarters, complete with power grids.

And we've fortified all advance strategic points with Barracks and Vehicle Beacons. If they ever decide to attack us here, they'll be facing the wrong end of our guns.

Ha, great work, Shas'uis. Send in the Drones. Tear it all down.

Now nothing can hide from me. This will cut down on the need to call in Vespid Stingwings.

Congratulations on your victory, Shas'o Kais. You've done a great service for the Greater Good.
Thank you. Anything to report?
The Necron have once again attacked the Imperial Guard, but, uh, this time they won.
Hmm. I hope those undead monstrosities do not gather too much power.

Uh oh. O'Kais, Farseer Taldeer is headed this way! She's trying to retake the Northlands!
*sigh* She can try. What are we facing?
Two strike teams. They're trying to flank us.

Get some Fire Warriors out there. Send the Kroot Hounds with them. Heh, get a load of this. This is what the Demes Northlands looked like when we first attacked the Eldar base:

This is what it looks like now:

Taldeer will soon be regretting her life choices.

Shas'o, the frontline reports are coming fast. They've already located a base.
The Kroot Hounds have removed Farseer Taldeer's throat from her neck.

A Drone Swarm has located the second base. They don't stand a chance.

Our main forces are ready. Sending them into the fray.
Make it quick, I'm tired.

First base is down!

Second base is down.

This will allow me to conduct assaults behind enemy lines. From this point on, I will be focussing on offensive Wargear.

Right, I'm going to sleep. Gather the War Council and decide our next plan of attack.

We have successfully cut off Farseer Taldeer from her headquarters in Tyrea. If we were feeling brave, we could attempt to take her stronghold and eliminate the Eldar from the Dark Crusade entirely.

The Ariel Highlands are also adjacent to us. Considering how the battle went the last time we were there, I dunno if we want to attempt it. If Eldar could get angry, Taldeer is probably furious right now.
These are not our only options. Do not forget that we can spend a turn defending, or even move back through our territory. The Necron are gathering strength to the east of Tash'n, and Warlord Gorgutz has moved into the Agamar Desert to strengthen his Ork Horde.

By the way, Shas'o Kais's Honour Guard is beginning to take shape. We currently are employing these squads:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Move against the Necrons.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Maaaaaan, that 3-1 Kill Ratio trigger. I don't know if my games are glitched or if it's just that the trigger is weird, but I cannot get it to trigger reliably. I've had games without losing a single squad, hell I've even had a couple where I didn't lose a single unit and it still didn't trigger. Is there something to it that isn't obvious, or am I just unlucky as hell?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Attack the Desert as the orks will be nothing without their leader. Also I must ask as to why the stealth veterans were not available for the unsuccessful attack. It seems like starting out with a force to invisibly capture points would be very useful.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
drat Xenos, attack the bloody Orks before they launch a full out WAAAGH on our flanks! If I have to work with blue-skinned horrors I'd prefer to survive it.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Head for the desert, mainly because the mountains near there contain one of the most fun missions in the game. And we get more Fire Warrior Bodyguards, which are horrifyingly powerful at range.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

An interesting bit about the Commander for the Tau is that his teacher, Commander Puretide, is the guy who designed the entire fire caste method of fighting just about and is generally considered the greatest Commander of Tau history.

Impressively Shas'O Kais is considered one of his 3 greatest students, the other 2 being named characters in the actual tabletop war game, Commander Farsight and Commander Shadowsun. One of which, Farsight, lost his Ethereal in combat and subsequently defected from the entire Tau Empire to make his own on the belief that the Ethereals are actually bad for the Greater Good, he's also the only Tau Commander who is any good at hand to hand combat.

These 3 are considered to be so skilled at the art of war that when Farsight left the Ethereals woke up Shadowsun from cryogenics, which all students of Puretide have been placed under so as to be available for situations where the skills of normal commanders would not be enough, just to go hunt him down because they didn't think any other commander would be able to beat him. This suggests that Shas'O Kais may in fact be the third greatest battlefield tactician available to the Tau Empire as a whole.

Having done a quick check on the other commanders as far as I can see Shas'O Kais has the most impressive pedigree and thus is theoretically the most likely to win, canonically he doesn't because Davian Thule makes a very clever move and kills the Ethereal, which basically causes the Tau to collectively say gently caress this and go home to mourn.

Sorry for making a massive silly reply but I thought people would appreciate some more knowledge about who is leading us in this quest for the greater good. Also my vote is to go The Desert because the Necrons in this game are pretty amazing to see in action, sadly I cannot recall if the Nightbringer transformation is in this game but if it is you should most certainly show it off because it's really badass.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also my vote is to go The Desert because the Necrons in this game are pretty amazing to see in action, sadly I cannot recall if the Nightbringer transformation is in this game but if it is you should most certainly show it off because it's really badass.
It is. Honestly, I always thought it looked stupid as gently caress: I can get the whole looking like skeletons because it's a good way to construct a bipedal body thing, but having the Grim Reaper seems way too anthropocentric and silly. Then again, maybe there's a lore explanation.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

It is. Honestly, I always thought it looked stupid as gently caress: I can get the whole looking like skeletons because it's a good way to construct a bipedal body thing, but having the Grim Reaper seems way too anthropocentric and silly. Then again, maybe there's a lore explanation.

Star Vampires are dicks, that is your reason.

mcclay fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 17, 2015

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

There is actually, the reason the Nightbringer looks the way it does is because, upon it's birth it sent a mental image throughout the galaxy that made all beings associate it's form with death so he looks like the Grim Reaper, it's literally based on him and it's basically what he is on a galactic scale.

He's also the first one to eat the other C'tan, which is one of those bits of lore that are really great because it means the Necron gods basically decided the other gods were more tasty than mortals and started eating the others until there were 4 left, The Nightbringer, The Deciever, The Void Dragon and The Outsider. New lore says that whilst they did do the eating each-other thing the big reason a bunch of them are gone is because the Necrons themselves slaughtered their own lovely gods. This game though uses old lore not new lore so remember that. I'd get further into all of this stuff if we were playing this from the Necron pov but we aren't so I won't unless anyone has a dire need to know how absurd the Necrons are in both old and new lore and why they basically own the galaxy if they pick up steam.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lord_Magmar posted:

There is actually, the reason the Nightbringer looks the way it does is because, upon it's birth it sent a mental image throughout the galaxy that made all beings associate it's form with death so he looks like the Grim Reaper, it's literally based on him and it's basically what he is on a galactic scale.

He's also the first one to eat the other C'tan, which is one of those bits of lore that are really great because it means the Necron gods basically decided the other gods were more tasty than mortals and started eating the others until there were 4 left, The Nightbringer, The Deciever, The Void Dragon and The Outsider. New lore says that whilst they did do the eating each-other thing the big reason a bunch of them are gone is because the Necrons themselves slaughtered their own lovely gods. This game though uses old lore not new lore so remember that. I'd get further into all of this stuff if we were playing this from the Necron pov but we aren't so I won't unless anyone has a dire need to know how absurd the Necrons are in both old and new lore and why they basically own the galaxy if they pick up steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyeoBm5QFnA&t=511s

Story time with the emperor people!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

anilEhilated posted:

Lord Magmar had it right- that reaper form is the Nightbringer, who was so terrifying he imprinted his image into the very genetic memory of life itself, even that which existed solely as single-celled creatures.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lord_Magmar posted:

Having done a quick check on the other commanders as far as I can see Shas'O Kais has the most impressive pedigree and thus is theoretically the most likely to win, canonically he doesn't because Davian Thule makes a very clever move and kills the Ethereal, which basically causes the Tau to collectively say gently caress this and go home to mourn.

Relic guys also mentioned in some interview that this O'Kais is the same as O'Kais from the game Fire Warrior. So, having already experienced losing an Ethereal explains why he keeps a cool head and organizes an evacuation once this happens.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, one Ethereal is just bad luck, but two means he's a Farsight Enclave sleeper agent.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

my dad posted:

Relic guys also mentioned in some interview that this O'Kais is the same as O'Kais from the game Fire Warrior. So, having already experienced losing an Ethereal explains why he keeps a cool head and organizes an evacuation once this happens.

I had read that on a few wikis but none of them had any actual mentions of where the idea came from, so I assumed it was like Farseer Taldeer being Eldrad Ulthran's daughter, not quite canon but with enough evidence in characterisation and themes that it works as a good explanation for who these people are. Interestingly in Dawn of War 2 Retribution Taldeer's brother shows up trying to find her Soul Stone because she dies in this particular war canonically, either during the war itself or right after. Additionally other bits of fluff behind O'Kais mean that Fire Warrior had to have happened before he was trained by Puretide, so presumably he's picked up by Puretide for his actions in Fire Warrior, basically he was a badass before he was trained by the greatest Tau tactician ever. All in all picking Tau to follow in this game was the right choice clearly, if only because Tyranids aren't in it.

On the point of the Necrons the Nightbringer transformation leads to one of the greatest cheesy tactics you can use. Due to the way the Necron Lord revives if he dies, most leaders are brought back at HQ he just gets back up where he stands, you can literally walk him into the enemy base and every time it's available revive him and let him rampage. Although this happens late enough that it's not really great for anything other than pissing your enemy off and having a teleport location for your army. Also I apologise for flooding the thread with this stuff but I really like how ridiculous the lore of Warhammer 40k gets and how absurd the entire setting is. If it's getting a bit too much just tell me and I'll step back and just watch unless some other really neat bit of lore shows up that I can expand on.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 17, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Don't worry, man, the lore is half the fun, and sperging out about said lore is another good 35% at least.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah no worries. No 40K thread would be itself without ridiculous amounts of lore posts.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Thanks guys, I'll probably still hold off on race specific info dumping until the appropriate moment, as in when we defeat them for the greater good, but as a general universe thing and possibly a very important part of context for how batshit insane the universe is let's discuss psykers. Firstly nearly every race bar three has them, Tau, Necrons and Tyranids do not for varying reasons, and they're for all intents and purposes wizards if wizards casting spells had the chance to summon horrifying demons as a side effect. All psykers gain magical strength from the same source, The Immaterium also known as The Warp, a horrifying plane of existence where the souls of all beings reside and the gods of chaos live empowered by the emotions and feelings of said beings.

Now then normal people are relatively safe from the warp. Psykers are definitely not because by their very nature they are constantly in contact with their soul within the warp, this is what allows them to rend the fabric of reality itself. Depending on your source the greatest living Psyker is either Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of the Eldar, or the God Emperor of Mankind himself. Both of these are so absurdly powerful that Eldrad can foresee events 1000s of years before they occur and the Emperor literally guides the entirety of mankind through the warp to achieve above light-speed movement. In return talking to Eldrad is very very confusing and the Emperor requires constant sacrifices of other human Psykers to keep his power from overloading and destroying Earth itself due to the fact that he himself cannot as he's mostly dead.

This is important context because given enough psychic power you can literally tear holes in reality and merge the Materium, normal plane of existence, and the Immaterium, this has happened at least once and is now known as The Eye of Terror which is a literal hell-hole that takes up most of the middle of the galaxy and is where most of the forces of chaos come out of. The other big time this happened is in fact very relevant to our current campaign, because without it the Tau Empire would not exist.

Back when the Tau were just stepping out of their caves The Imperium came across their planet and decided the only reasonable course of action for this discovery was to burn the entire planet to cinders, they would have succeeded if not for a warp storm appearing around the sector for about 3000 years. When the warp storm had gone the Tau had mastered space-flight and had become a legitimate threat in combat, this speed of discovery and innovation has also not slowed down at all. Thus the glorious Tau Empire owes it's thanks to some random warp storm saving them from Exterminatus before they could evolve fire.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 17, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Doesn't Xenology kind of imply the Eldar were behind all that?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

Doesn't Xenology kind of imply the Eldar were behind all that?
It's fair to assume that everything bad is the Eldars fault at some point.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
If I remember right it was hinted that the etherals were created by the Eldar. Knowing Eldar some craftworld probably had a vision of something or other and it only happened if they made the Tau what they are now. In a few thousand years the Tau will probably die in the billions to save one Eldar life somewhere.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Iretep posted:

If I remember right it was hinted that the etherals were created by the Eldar. Knowing Eldar some craftworld probably had a vision of something or other and it only happened if they made the Tau what they are now. In a few thousand years the Tau will probably die in the billions to save one Eldar life somewhere.

It was probably Eldrad that mother loving dick.

quote:

Where did Eldrad’s reputation for being such a dick come from?

He gives candy to young races.

And that candy will contain a slow-spreading gingivitis virus that will fester in the new race and slowly spread amongst their entire species. The gum pain will be considered a normal part of everyday life, and they will regularly take painkillers.

When the ’Nids invade them in 3000 years, they too will be infected by the gingivitis disease – but they are mindless beasts, who know not of painkillers. Surviving in constant pain, only made worse by eating, this entire massive hive of ’Nids will simply become extinct, a result of their own adaptation abilities.

And of course, Eldrad’s craftworld would have been the next one in line from that particular hive. Just. As. Planned.

And that is why Eldrad is a dick.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Poil posted:

It's fair to assume that everything bad is the Eldars fault at some point.

If people really like all the stupid knowledge I have about this universe I will certainly try to make a fairly big post on all the races when we do beat their strongholds, thus why I've tried to front-load Tau stuff because we'd never get them if I do it that way. Important to note is that everything bad is not in fact the Eldar's fault, it's the fault of the Old Ones and the Necrons more often than not, the Eldar just continued to make things worse to be honest. The big thing the Eldar did on their own wouldn't even be that bad without the Old Ones and Necrons, specifically the existence of the Eye of Terror, which as mentioned is only really bad because the Old Ones and Necrons had a war which made the Immaterium the hell-scape it is in the modern day.

I will admit that blaming the Eldar is super satisfying though because in general they're elves down to being smug bastards and whilst none of the really bad stuff is their fault entirely they really don't help anyone else deal with it because they're a collectively depressed race obsessed with dying in the most spectacular way possible.

Also as a warning I'm not always 100% certain about the stuff I talk about as I tend to be better at Necrons/Tyranids lore than anything else as they're my favorite factions, but I'll always try to check my stuff if I do continue to give info posts, and as I've said before if you want me to stop just say and I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Lord_Magmar posted:

this has happened at least once and is now known as The Eye of Terror which is a literal hell-hole that takes up most of the middle of the galaxy and is where most of the forces of chaos come out of.

Twice. The Maelstrom is a lesser overlap, but it's a stable one. Huron Blackheart and his Red Corsairs are based out of an conquered pirate base there.

• Locked thread