Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tingle in Mario Maker -> fake

gently caress THIS DUMB TERRIBLE PLANET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
what if it's actually real but it's a part of a bigger set. like tinglers amiibo and not just 1 tingle

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

japtor posted:

Except the vibrate motor. I think apps can use it but I don't know if the control is fine enough to duplicate Twisted's feedback (although if the new phones have fancy new motors that might work). It used dpad and buttons for stuff too didn't it?

My bad I only have an iPod touch and not an iPhone so I guess it could work for those. Iirc there weren't any games that used the d pad. You always tilted to move when there were left and right controls. Also I'm pretty sure the games that used buttons never made you fully rotate the gameboy or they would be drat near impossible to play even on original hardware.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Twisted vibrated for everything so it'd probably be removed if on iOS just to retain battery

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How can it be fake when the screenshot is lifted from miiverse.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tingle Amiibo confirmed, no TLoZ amiibo line coming out in time for this game, therefore Tingle confirmed for Smash 4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I just got done reading a big dumb thing about how it's fake because the shadow doesn't match but there are so many compression artifacts on that image that I'm thinking yeah, they're full of poo poo. T Is Real 2015

For reference, there are 90-something slots for mystery skins and we already know it includes non-Amiibo stuff like goombas and random objects.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wish they could've made at least a few for the other tilesets in that case

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nevermind.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Needs a Goomba amiibo, imo

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I demand a Yoshi's island tileset

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Not a Children posted:

:agreed:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Not a Children posted:

New Yoshi Island Wii U confirmed and with New Yoshi Island amiibo sets.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 17, 2015

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
For people who have pre ordered the digital edition of Super Mario Maker, is the idea book you can request physical or digital?

I'm really on the fence about which version to get so I'm looking for things to sway me to one side or the other.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can download a free PDF of the book and you can also order a physical copy by calling the number on your digital receipt and giving them your Wii U serial number (in the US, at least).

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Tingle Amiibo confirmed, no TLoZ amiibo line coming out in time for this game, therefore Tingle confirmed for Smash 4.

Or it will just work with hyrule warriors and super mario maker.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
just got my tingle amiibo

it's jivjov

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

just got my tingle amiibo

it's jivjov

Did he at least gave you Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland for your troubles.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I haven't been paying close attention to the game but how is someone screenshotting anything almost a month ahead of the game's release?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Review copies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DarthBlingBling posted:

Heard today that the Mario Kart trophies are back on the EU Club Nintendo store for one last hurrah before it goes bye bye in September.

Frantically looked through all my old boxes for valid codes, then found that all my digital downloads had yet to be registered (never knew this was a thing).

Awwwww yeah

They didn't even last a day on the Aussie Club Nintendo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

DarthBlingBling posted:

Heard today that the Mario Kart trophies are back on the EU Club Nintendo store for one last hurrah before it goes bye bye in September.

Frantically looked through all my old boxes for valid codes, then found that all my digital downloads had yet to be registered (never knew this was a thing).

Awwwww yeah
I did the exact same to get some 3DS game cases. Don't forget that you can link your NNID to your Club Nintendo account and get 750 stars.

Now I just wish I had enough stars for a Captain Toad lamp. :(

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Review copies.
The same thing that has my almost-nine-year-old son hectoring me on a nearly daily basis. "Are you SURE It's not coming out until 9/11? But all these people on Youtube have it!"

We got the Wii U for this game, and I wish to God I could give it to him for his birthday, but that's still a few weeks before release. :( He'll have preorder cards for this and Yoshi's Woolly World, anyway.

And Captain Toad. He'll have Captain Toad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll be on a plane over the Pacific when it comes out. I'm halfway tempted to buy the WiFi and plug my WiiU in on the plane so I can play it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

I'll be on a plane over the Pacific when it comes out. I'm halfway tempted to buy the WiFi and plug my WiiU in on the plane so I can play it.

It wouldn't be all that difficult if you keep the Wii U in your bag. You can play it entirely on your Gamepad and you'd just look like a dude on a dumb tablet.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

are plane tickets still cheap on 9/11

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo UK/Europe are arranging another batch of Splatoon Testfires for people late to the freshness between 22nd and 28th of August. Tell your squid friends.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

are plane tickets still cheap on 9/11

poo poo I bet that's why my company made that the travel date. Technically I'm flying back on 9/12 but my takeoff would be 9/11 in this time zone.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo UK/Europe are arranging another batch of Splatoon Testfires for people late to the freshness between 22nd and 28th of August. Tell your squid friends.

US squids can get on this as well!

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/news/article/?id=35

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol if you still need to be convinced to play Splatoon. Just lol.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Xenoblade Chronicles playthrough update for all nobody who cares:

Still set on trying to beat this game before Phantom Pain. Started a little over a week ago? I think. I just got done finishing Sword Valley and now I'm trundling through Fallen Arm. Full party for real-- Seven got repairs and now we're headed to Mechonis proper. I'm like beyond done with sidequests. I'm doing some as I get them if they don't sound like a pain in the rear end or if I know there's a crazy reward for doing them (got Dunban's fourth skill tree) but beyond that... basically Colony 6 is gonna be forever hosed because I super don't care about item hunting. I did like all the sidequests I could find available to me in Colony 9 and yet my affinity for the area is only at two stars, gently caress that.

Sword Valley was a bit of a jump in difficulty. I managed to stay roughly the same level as most of the enemies there but I would frequently run into dudes who were at least a couple levels higher if not more. I held my own for the most part but had a lot of really close calls. Now that I'm on Fallen Arm, not only are most dudes equal-or-higher level but they also come in hordes which gets really out of control really fast, especially if a unique dude is curious what all the commotion is and wants to join in on the fun. Might grind for a little bit. I'm not sure. I suppose the latest party member needs more AP anyway and I want to get used to using them as they are exactly the kind of character I want to play as. Not sure who to use alongside them, though. If I play as them, I'm gonna ditch Melia because her AI is trash. Probably stick with Shulk and Dunban? Maybe Riki instead of Shulk. Dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Game's cool. I like the story a lot. Alcamoth was a bit of a lull where nothing of great importance happened and a lot of people talked about High Entia politics for a lot longer than I cared about, but it's fine because the Prison Island section right after owned a lot of bones and was really cool. Engage the Enemy is the best song in the game. Second is Mechanical Rhythm, or maybe Valak Mountain at night. Not sure Since I hit the hidden village on Fallen Arm, I'm a little skeptical if the story is going to keep up the level of quality it was up to now. I feel like it could be taking a turn to being a bit generic or cliche. We'll see.

Anyway Xenoblade is good, go play it if you hadn't. I'm the kinda guy who normally doesn't have any patience for RPGs at all but Xenoblade has managed to keep me hooked for a while now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
New items up on the EU/AU Club Nintendo - Four different drink coasters, 1000 Stars apiece.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol if you still need to be convinced to play Splatoon. Just lol.

I need convincing. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kaubocks posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles playthrough update for all nobody who cares:

Still set on trying to beat this game before Phantom Pain. Started a little over a week ago? I think. I just got done finishing Sword Valley and now I'm trundling through Fallen Arm. Full party for real-- Seven got repairs and now we're headed to Mechonis proper. I'm like beyond done with sidequests. I'm doing some as I get them if they don't sound like a pain in the rear end or if I know there's a crazy reward for doing them (got Dunban's fourth skill tree) but beyond that... basically Colony 6 is gonna be forever hosed because I super don't care about item hunting. I did like all the sidequests I could find available to me in Colony 9 and yet my affinity for the area is only at two stars, gently caress that.

Sword Valley was a bit of a jump in difficulty. I managed to stay roughly the same level as most of the enemies there but I would frequently run into dudes who were at least a couple levels higher if not more. I held my own for the most part but had a lot of really close calls. Now that I'm on Fallen Arm, not only are most dudes equal-or-higher level but they also come in hordes which gets really out of control really fast, especially if a unique dude is curious what all the commotion is and wants to join in on the fun. Might grind for a little bit. I'm not sure. I suppose the latest party member needs more AP anyway and I want to get used to using them as they are exactly the kind of character I want to play as. Not sure who to use alongside them, though. If I play as them, I'm gonna ditch Melia because her AI is trash. Probably stick with Shulk and Dunban? Maybe Riki instead of Shulk. Dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Game's cool. I like the story a lot. Alcamoth was a bit of a lull where nothing of great importance happened and a lot of people talked about High Entia politics for a lot longer than I cared about, but it's fine because the Prison Island section right after owned a lot of bones and was really cool. Engage the Enemy is the best song in the game. Second is Mechanical Rhythm, or maybe Valak Mountain at night. Not sure Since I hit the hidden village on Fallen Arm, I'm a little skeptical if the story is going to keep up the level of quality it was up to now. I feel like it could be taking a turn to being a bit generic or cliche. We'll see.

Anyway Xenoblade is good, go play it if you hadn't. I'm the kinda guy who normally doesn't have any patience for RPGs at all but Xenoblade has managed to keep me hooked for a while now.

You should do a few Fallen Arm sidequests. You can get Seven's fourth skill branch fairly quickly and you can raise affinity in the area crazy fast. You should really get Seven's fourth skill branch, it makes almost every one of their auto attacks a critical hit and is very good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have never found a single online competitive game that interests me for more than ten minutes and Splatoon was no different.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

You should do a few Fallen Arm sidequests. You can get Seven's fourth skill branch fairly quickly and you can raise affinity in the area crazy fast. You should really get Seven's fourth skill branch, it makes almost every one of their auto attacks a critical hit and is very good.

Yeah I've been working towards that as much as I can because I really want to use them.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Sakurazuka posted:

I have never found a single online competitive game that interests me for more than ten minutes and Splatoon was no different.

Please disregard this octoling propaganda.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Darth TNT posted:

I need convincing. :(

Me too. I don't have time to play the games that I already have. I still haven't checked out Mario Kart DLC2 so I imagine Splatoon will similarly fall by the wayside. I need Nintendo to make something so earth shatteringly ridiculously good that I am willing to lose my job and become a homebody.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

I wouldn't recommend buying Splatoon if you have a large backlog of games to play because Splatoon is too fun and will consume all of your video game time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

splatoon is fine

• Locked thread