Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How the gently caress can people justify saddling themselves with that kind of debt right out of the gate in a fresh marriage? Or if they have that much saved up have a plain wedding and loving blow 20 grand on the honeymoon of your life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Some weekends you stay in and watch Netflix; some weekends you acquire Strange Things from coworkers and drive home on expired tags hoping you don't get pulled over.

:aaaaa:

This owns. What's the story?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

corn in the fridge posted:

why are so many ppl itt angry or depressed??

Cause life sucks

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Bajaha posted:

Oh we're way past the point of no return. We budgeted about $20k all in for ~90-100 people, but it's looking like it's closer to 130 guests now and that means more $$$. The catering isn't terrible pricing, it just really adds up with that many people. Plus we're going fancy with walk around appetizers at cocktail hour, a nice 3 course meal, and a really comprehensive late lunch with glassware and the works for after dinner.

When we did the taste testing it was divine. The food is one is the things I'm really looking forward to at the reception, it just sucks that now it's the time to write all those checks for the big day :(

E: catering is coming up as almost half the final cost of the wedding.

I have friends that are doing a potluck for the reception. They tried to tell me "we want people to be involved with our wedding" but it really sounds more like "I don't want to pay $3k for you guys to eat." I don't know how you expect people coming from all around to bring a dish or anything.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

14 INCH SLIT posted:

How the gently caress can people justify saddling themselves with that kind of debt right out of the gate in a fresh marriage? Or if they have that much saved up have a plain wedding and loving blow 20 grand on the honeymoon of your life?

When my wife and I got married we kept it small and had a modest honeymoon so we could have money for a good down payment on a house A++ would do it again.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Two of our friends recently decided to just elope- tiny under 10 person event of direct family. They said the best part was the rage from all the people who were expecting to be invited to some massive event.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Well it's in Canadian fun bucks so more along the lines of $15k USD. We've booked our honeymoon and it's looking like it'll be pretty drat luxurious, under $4k for a 5 star spa resort with a swim out suite, not too skimpy.

Parents are gifting a good portion of the wedding cost and we've budgeted well enough to afford it without incurring dept. The line of reasoning is to show your guests a really good time and to just enjoy the night. I agree it's crazy expensive, but we haven't even gone all that extravagant, my best friends wedding ended up north of $40k and even they didn't go *that* crazy with wedding stuff(although theirs was for closer to 180 guests). Apparently Manitoba is of the most expensive places to get married in Canada, so we have that against us.

The presentations (read: wedding gifts) should also recover some of the costs of the wedding. So there's that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Two of our friends recently decided to just elope- tiny under 10 person event of direct family. They said the best part was the rage from all the people who were expecting to be invited to some massive event.

Haha yeah we got that too, we just had immediate family (30 people) and everybody else freaked the gently caress out that we weren't having a giant wedding. Whatever jerks, it's not about you!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Very much so this!
We had a backyard wedding, about 70 guests, and did everything except the food and photography (save the dates, invites, decorations, centerpieces, etc, hell, the wife even made her dress), and it was still over twice what I thought it was going to be before we started planning.

We've also put off our honeymoon a year since we're going to Boston for a wedding next month. $400 each plane ticket, $135 a night for the hotel, plus rental car... Ugh.

mariooncrack posted:

I have friends that are doing a potluck for the reception. They tried to tell me "we want people to be involved with our wedding" but it really sounds more like "I don't want to pay $3k for you guys to eat." I don't know how you expect people coming from all around to bring a dish or anything.

My sister tried to do this, and my parents said hell no. They ended up getting her some really inexpensive caterers but the food wasn't all that great. Still better than the potential train wreck of a potluck on an already stressful day.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Well, my wife's family is Indian so it was gonna be a big wedding right from the start. We paid some, her parents paid some, my parents paid some, her brother paid some, her aunt paid some... it worked out that everyone spent some money, nobody went into debt (gently caress going into debt for a wedding, live within your means), and we had an amazing wedding that people still bring up all the time as one of the best they've ever seen (and that means something coming from an Indian).

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

mafoose posted:

We had a backyard wedding, about 70 guests, and did everything except the food and photography (save the dates, invites, decorations, centerpieces, etc, hell, the wife even made her dress), and it was still over twice what I thought it was going to be before we started planning.

We kind of did the same, invited maybe 80 people, had the ceremony & reception in my in-laws back yard - they have 11 acres so it wasn't like we shared the ceremony with their neighbors and had the reception in a large tent they rented for a fraction of the price of a hall - had all the immediate family pitch in and bake six different kinds of cupcakes in lieu of a wedding cake, splurged slightly on catering to the tune of about $2,000, we were married by my brother in law who happens to be an ordained minister and my dad did the photography (he's been a professional photographer longer than I've been alive.)

I think the total out the door cost for everything was under $3k, which while it sounds steep is tiny compared with the going rate.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

One of my coworkers is doing it right. The wedding itself is just a small ceremony in a botanical garden with only immediate family (because no one actually wants to sit through a wedding ceremony) and then the reception is on her sister's property in the country with some food and a horse trough full of good beer. Whole thing shouldn't be more than a few grand leaving plenty money for a trip to the holy land (Germany) for a Honeymoon.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Bajaha posted:

Oh we're way past the point of no return. We budgeted about $20k all in for ~90-100 people, but it's looking like it's closer to 130 guests now and that means more $$$. The catering isn't terrible pricing, it just really adds up with that many people. Plus we're going fancy with walk around appetizers at cocktail hour, a nice 3 course meal, and a really comprehensive late lunch with glassware and the works for after dinner.

When we did the taste testing it was divine. The food is one is the things I'm really looking forward to at the reception, it just sucks that now it's the time to write all those checks for the big day :(

E: catering is coming up as almost half the final cost of the wedding.

Hah, if you think you'll be able to eat at your own reception, you have another thing coming.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I was living at home when my wife and I got married. Saved up about 10k from teaching; spent that on our wedding + honeymoon(driving the Blue Ridge Pkwy and staying at about 5 or 6 different B&Bs). Life's been poo poo since then because I've lost jobs and stuff, but it felt great being on our honeymoon and seeing the last vendor check clear the bank. I can't imagine we'd have survived going through everything we went through with a huge amount of wedding debt on top of it.

Do anything you can to keep it from happening is my first piece of advice for marriage. Second is to do a lot of research and be able to walk away from a vendor. I learned a nice 1100 dollar lesson because the vendor pulled the oldest sales trick in the book - "You gotta pay today. There's a huge chance your date won't be available!" - and then we found out hours later that she was a crazy racist bitch that would probably ruin our wedding. Couldn't get that deposit back when we tried to cancel less than a week later. Now I'm not so quick to jump into things and I'm a lot more willing to walk away having gone through that.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ssjonizuka posted:

Hah, if you think you'll be able to eat at your own reception, you have another thing coming.

We got to eat our dinners but I only got a single bite of cake... and it was drat good cake too, with a lemon cake layer, lemon curd, raspberry jam, and white cake. The lemons came from the baker's backyard tree. There were other desserts too but I didn't even see those.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

We did a ceremony in a park by our flat, then reception in my wife's parents garden. Kept it at 60 guests as it's a small garden. BBQ food (cooked by the wife's dad and a family friend), and we paid for most of the booze, with some gifted to us. Another family friend cooked some amazing cakes for us. Thankfully the weather was good, as the whole thing was outside (in Scotland) and a lot of people said it was the best ceremony they had been to, and it still cost about £2-3k despite trying to keep costs down. Still, nothing compared to some weddings.

The wife's parents very kindly gave us enough money to cover the flights, hotels, and hire car for our honeymoon to the USA, and people gifted us enough cash to cover most our first week's spending money. We are still on our honeymoon now, and I'm not looking forward to the credit card bill when we get back, but we aren't going to be in enough debt to worry about, albeit only because we have amazingly generous family and friends.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

T1g4h posted:

:aaaaa:

This owns. What's the story?

Apparently the US Forest Service experimented with water-bombing fires - it failed, but probably led to modern water-drop techniques? A coworker bought this thing for $2 at a local garage sale 20 years ago, and the owner explained the history and told him this was once a waterbomb. Said coworker got tired of looking at it in his yard and gave it to me.

A cursory google search has led nowhere except this Oct 1947 Popular Mechanics article

I kind of want to toss it in an electrolysis bath, paint it Forest Service Green and put some cool Firebomb Brigade stencils on it but the antique collector in me says not to. Maybe I should hang it underneath the Jeep and see how long I can drive before getting pulled over.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Pham Nuwen posted:

We got to eat our dinners but I only got a single bite of cake... and it was drat good cake too, with a lemon cake layer, lemon curd, raspberry jam, and white cake. The lemons came from the baker's backyard tree. There were other desserts too but I didn't even see those.

My wife and I eloped Feb of '12, then had a reception the subsequent June. Reception was awesome but I didn't have more than maybe 5 minutes to eat because I was so busy trying to schmooze family friends that came out for the reception. And that was a little over 100 people I think.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Apparently the US Forest Service experimented with water-bombing fires - it failed, but probably led to modern water-drop techniques? A coworker bought this thing for $2 at a local garage sale 20 years ago, and the owner explained the history and told him this was once a waterbomb. Said coworker got tired of looking at it in his yard and gave it to me.

A cursory google search has led nowhere except this Oct 1947 Popular Mechanics article

I kind of want to toss it in an electrolysis bath, paint it Forest Service Green and put some cool Firebomb Brigade stencils on it but the antique collector in me says not to. Maybe I should hang it underneath the Jeep and see how long I can drive before getting pulled over.

Man, that's awesome! Painting it green and renovating it would be cool, but I can understand the desire to keep it original. It'll definitely be a hell of a display piece either way :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We got married for next to nothing. Didn't even buy rings.

9 years later....

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I've been told my grandmother wants me to wear my grandfather's ring, which is a hell of an honor as he is basically my role model in life. If that ever happens (here's hoping) I fully intend to make the ring I give myself. I don't really see much point in buying and would prefer to put my heart into it anyhow.

So I guess I should probably add goldsmithing to the list.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Astonishing Wang posted:

STR is your step dad gonna beat you up if you spike his leftovers? Or is it a different kind of step dad?

MY leftovers. :colbert: If I cooked it, either as lunch to take to work the next day, or something to eat later, AND I've put my name on it, you shouldn't be eating it. Besides, he knows drat well there's a good chance the food will have a bit of a kick to it; I like spicy food in general, and I've warned him before that if he keeps eating my food, I'm going to spike something with habaneros.

I walked into the kitchen and saw him looking at the taco. Told him I couldn't finish it and he was welcome to it, said it was really tasty and that it had chorizo, bacon, and fried chicken (all true, aside from not being able to finish it - I'm seriously thinking I might go get one tomorrow for lunch though, it was good).. and as he started chewing "and some habaneros, jalapenos, and a ghost pepper sauce", which made all the color drain from his face. Which was replaced pretty quickly by purple and sweat.

He actually did like it, and ate all but one bite, but he also drank about half a gallon of milk trying to get rid of the burn, and was dripping sweat. I didn't think it was much beyond "a little spicy" (seriously, it wasn't very hot to me). :v: When I told him that, he laughed and said "yeah, you eat spicy poo poo all the time, I don't!".

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 17, 2015

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Mat_Drinks posted:

I've never been, but I've heard that while a lot of the big events like the Quail are super expensive that the parking lots and roads in and out of events are often almost as good because of what the attendees are driving in and out. If you go make sure to take pictures to share!
Went there today, there were a few nice cars running about but didn't manage to get any photos, and the event itself seemed pretty well set up for keeping proles like myself out.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

some texas redneck posted:

MY leftovers. :colbert: If I cooked it, either as lunch to take to work the next day, or something to eat later, AND I've put my name on it, you shouldn't be eating it. Besides, he knows drat well there's a good chance the food will have a bit of a kick to it; I like spicy food in general, and I've warned him before that if he keeps eating my food, I'm going to spike something with habaneros.

I walked into the kitchen and saw him looking at the taco. Told him I couldn't finish it and he was welcome to it, said it was really tasty and that it had chorizo, bacon, and fried chicken (all true, aside from not being able to finish it - I'm seriously thinking I might go get one tomorrow for lunch though, it was good).. and as he started chewing "and some habaneros, jalapenos, and a ghost pepper sauce", which made all the color drain from his face. Which was replaced pretty quickly by purple and sweat.

He actually did like it, and ate all but one bite, but he also drank about half a gallon of milk trying to get rid of the burn, and was dripping sweat. I didn't think it was much beyond "a little spicy" (seriously, it wasn't very hot to me). :v: When I told him that, he laughed and said "yeah, you eat spicy poo poo all the time, I don't!".

My dad was a total rear end in a top hat with spices when I was young. He'd cook up a chili spiked with gasoline or some poo poo and then sit across the table chucking "a little hot for you boys?" as we gasped and sweated.

As a consequence I'm now immune to both spicy food and the smell of someone dropping a radioactive deuce in the bathroom.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

8ender posted:

My dad was a total rear end in a top hat with spices when I was young. He'd cook up a chili spiked with gasoline or some poo poo and then sit across the table chucking "a little hot for you boys?" as we gasped and sweated.

As a consequence I'm now immune to both spicy food and the smell of someone dropping a radioactive deuce in the bathroom.

The moment the human body discovers thst the ability to detect and relay the sensation of heat and pain exceeds what was previously assumed to be the absolute limit by orders of magnitude

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

so to finally reply to the life advice in this thread theres no way im dropping out of school again. did it once due to pot, second time to work and get hours for co op, idk if id have the will to go back if i left again

i can find a part time job or some poo poo once im settled in but i aint street smart enough to do the whole school of hard knocks career deal

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pham Nuwen posted:

Sounds like a good cake. I always loved working tastings for wedding consults at the bakery, got to show off my flavor matching skills and everything we made was drat good in the first place.

Best one I ever got to work on was for an autumn wedding. Did a full three-tiered cake in savory/sweet. Top tier pumpkin cake with cream cheese fill; middle tier spice cake with blood orange curd fill; bottom tier lemon cake with blackberry buttercream fill. Whole thing iced over in cream cheese/buttercream mix, then done up in autumn fallen leaves.

It was awesome.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geoj posted:

I'm curious, what's wrong with saying "you shouldn't run cables in a wall that lack a fire retardant outer jacket"?

If you just run any regular cable through multiple joists it potentially allows the fire to spread sideways when the jacket catches fire and drips molten flaming plastic into the next cavity over.

It's more that an insurance company would deny you a claim no matter what the cause of the fire actually was if there were cables in your wall/crawlspace and such. If a simple cable is enough to cause a fire to spread do they kick off about you having curtains, carpet, open doors, books and other poo poo that you could light on fire? I know insurance companies are universally awful but it just seems like such a ridiculous thing to pick out.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

corn in the fridge posted:

why are so many ppl itt angry or depressed??

The utter truth is that life is not fair and a bunch of people here have no illusions on how hosed up the planet and it's multiude of loving issues have no solution because of rich fat turds loving it over for everyone else. Hope and the future are being destroyed and no way to face the truth without wanting to go postal. Many of us have parents who have died, generations of pets now gone, debt and burdens of trying to raise a family or just plain live. When you get down to it, most people are quite justified to live in a ball of rage or depession.

I got my own beliefs that give me some light but frankly come on - look around and the place is a poo poo storm. I can barely stay calm when seeing the injustice and evil everywhere, let alone the evil that is politics.

The best we can do is somehow come to terms with it - but it's still out there, the world and how much it sucks is always lurking, ready to slap you with it.

One of the reasons why I ride a bike. It's peaceful.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

You guys rock for the shopvac suggestion. Sucked up about 6 gallons of water from the closet. I have no carpet in there anymore, pulled all the tack strips and threw all that smelly poo poo out. I also have a gigantic hole in the living room carpet. I'm calling a plumber and my homeowners insurance today once I get a referral to a plumber that wont grease me up and go at me with a plunger handle like those ARS thieves.

I love how all this expensive poo poo happens when there aren't any hours at work :smith:

Our wedding was on the beach with 6 guests and reception at a brazilian steahouse. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Honeymoon at south beach and key west. It owned so hard. gently caress fairy tale/princess weddings, that poo poo's a scam, none of us are royalty.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rhyno posted:

Had a spat with the girlfriend yesterday, today she tells me why. Her dad has Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, his doctors have told him he has something like a 1% chance of survival from what she was told yesterday. Has he not ignored his fatigue, weight loss and lack of appetite for the last year they might have had a better chance at treatment.

The rest of this year is going to suck so loving bad.

That sucks, no surprise she would be a bit on edge after getting that kind of news.

You have my deepest condolences, I wish cancer would just go die in a corner altogether :(

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Heading up to NH for another few days for work. My mom's co-worker found out what I do and his friend owns a relatively large telecom company and wants me to send over my resume, so I gotta do that when I get home. This AV poo poo is for the birds.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Our wedding and honeymoon together with spending money was about 6-7k. The rings (300 total) honeymoon and spending money was out of our savings, the wedding was 250 for the church, homemade dresses, reception with food for 50 paid for by brides parents.

One of our friends paid 10k for the ring alone because he felt he had to live up to her parents expectations. At that point he was earning minimum wage :smith: and I think they're still in debt now, 8 or so years later.

That poo poo must put a strain on a relationship.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm getting to that point where I'm starting to think about all of that with my girlfriend. She said once that if we got to that point she'd like a ring pop. I don't know poo poo about rings so I'd at least consider it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

And I just noticed my work jeans are still covered in dog fur. I just wanna crawl into my bed and not leave for a week. :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm getting to that point where I'm starting to think about all of that with my girlfriend. She said once that if we got to that point she'd like a ring pop. I don't know poo poo about rings so I'd at least consider it.

Get measured up, find something simple you like the look of then buy it online.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The utter truth is that life is not fair and a bunch of people here have no illusions on how hosed up the planet and it's multiude of loving issues have no solution because of rich fat turds loving it over for everyone else. Hope and the future are being destroyed and no way to face the truth without wanting to go postal. Many of us have parents who have died, generations of pets now gone, debt and burdens of trying to raise a family or just plain live. When you get down to it, most people are quite justified to live in a ball of rage or depession.

I got my own beliefs that give me some light but frankly come on - look around and the place is a poo poo storm. I can barely stay calm when seeing the injustice and evil everywhere, let alone the evil that is politics.

The best we can do is somehow come to terms with it - but it's still out there, the world and how much it sucks is always lurking, ready to slap you with it.

One of the reasons why I ride a bike. It's peaceful.

Hmmm this seems to me like a very destructive attitude and i have disagree completely

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

8ender posted:

That would have been awesome. My dad couldn't cook or was much use with anything. My mother just microwaved or boiled things, whatever was easier. Preferably pre-seasoned on pre cooked as she had no idea how to prepare food either. The best us kids could do was to add ketchup.
After I left home I turned into a seasoning, spicing and chilli demon, to the point where I was growing 50 different chilli varieties and have seeds for another 50 to grow if I had the room/luck.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

The moment the human body discovers thst the ability to detect and relay the sensation of heat and pain exceeds what was previously assumed to be the absolute limit by orders of magnitude [/timg]
When you've reached that moment, then you know suffering; you know life.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 17, 2015

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The utter truth is that life is not fair and a bunch of people here have no illusions on how hosed up the planet and it's multiude of loving issues have no solution because of rich fat turds loving it over for everyone else. Hope and the future are being destroyed and no way to face the truth without wanting to go postal. Many of us have parents who have died, generations of pets now gone, debt and burdens of trying to raise a family or just plain live. When you get down to it, most people are quite justified to live in a ball of rage or depession...

Depression isn't just from feeling sad all the time because life itself sucks. Depression is a medical condition of brain-wiring-fuckuppedness that can be caused by the brain rewiring itself due to situational factors, like stress or life sucking. This usually starts with a bout of sadness, but ends up feeding on itself. Postpartum depression, for example. Depression following the death of a loved on. Moving.

Depression can also be caused by a permanent, incurable (but not untreatable!) brain fuckup. It will always be there to some degree or another. And it can't be treated "through other means", anymore than cancer can be treated via palm oil or magic water. Exercise, diet, avoiding problem relationships, that can all help, but people will still need to be on their meds.

Depression also isn't just "feeling sad". And I don't mean that in the angsty teenager way of trying to make something deeper out of it than it is. I mean that depression is literally depressed function. Sadness, yes, but also lack of motivation, lack of interest, lack of patience (and corresponding increased aggression), worse intuitive thinking, worse memory, worse sex drive - it influences a hell of a lot of things.

That's how people have amazing lives with everything you could ever hope to achieve and are still depressed. Because it's a medical condition. Not just "someone who's sad about poo poo all the time".

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Don't put words into his mouth. He was not saying anything about the medical definition of depression.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 17, 2015

• Locked thread