Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Liberatore posted:

Oh you're doing squad adventures. You can solo those, and you certainly don't need a tank. It's only when you unlock the first group dungeon that you will have to worry about that.

Heh, seems so. Apparently other players are terrible since those squad missions are piss easy to solo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ihmemies posted:

Heh, seems so. Apparently other players are terrible since those squad missions are piss easy to solo?

doing it 3 man scales up the difficulty.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

For earning class symbols and slots, do you have to unlock every single spot on a class's tree, just the centers of each node, or make it to some end point (presumably, the most expensive unlock in the class tree)?

True pro players unlock every single stat up and ability in the cryomancer tree to maximize DPS.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I got my god form after taking a break for a couple weeks to let my cap build up and used it in a mission, which I guess was the worst possible thing I could do because you need it for the faith mission to have a shot at killing the 6.3 million dude that's summoned and there's no other way to get faith immediately or something :negative:

Feel free to tell me how I can get more faith quickly so I can actually do that to get more faith.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Anal Papist posted:

True pro players unlock every single stat up and ability in the cryomancer tree to maximize DPS.

Because it increases prestige without increasing proficiency or some other reason?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dosvidanya posted:

I got my god form after taking a break for a couple weeks to let my cap build up and used it in a mission, which I guess was the worst possible thing I could do because you need it for the faith mission to have a shot at killing the 6.3 million dude that's summoned and there's no other way to get faith immediately or something :negative:

Feel free to tell me how I can get more faith quickly so I can actually do that to get more faith.

The weekly boss drops these Sparks that allow you to transform into God Form for that fight without using any faith.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Oh neat, is there a way to trigger it or do i have to survive long enough?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dosvidanya posted:

Oh neat, is there a way to trigger it or do i have to survive long enough?

I'm not sure what triggers them. I started mine up, killed a few guys, saw a big ole spark and grabbed it.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Well I tried that, actually killed a couple, no sparks, ended up dying anyway.

edit: bunch of people helped me last long enough, he eventually spat out a spark i could press space on. :)

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 17, 2015

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Guys I am having severe anxiety picking the next class to work towards (have Archer so far) can someone please sell me on something, preferably melee but I could do another ranged if its really good.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

you can't go wrong with berserker or knight

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Dosvidanya posted:

you can't go wrong with berserker or knight

Berserker seems awesome but I also want Gunner and Alchemist and it's in the complete opposite direction oh gently caress it am I addicted it another MMO again Jesus Christ

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Berserker seems awesome but I also want Gunner and Alchemist and it's in the complete opposite direction oh gently caress it am I addicted it another MMO again Jesus Christ
Gunner is the slowest one to get to, if that affects your plans. Reposting:

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Grabbing Necro on the way to Zerker wouldn't take long from archer and is an awesome class once you invest a bit in it, feels very different from Archer, too. You could also detour slightly for Witch, IIRC.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Zizi posted:

Grabbing Necro on the way to Zerker wouldn't take long from archer and is an awesome class once you invest a bit in it, feels very different from Archer, too. You could also detour slightly for Witch, IIRC.

Just finished Naori Island and I'm heading towards Berserker. I want a good solo melee class to do the next Regions with and Berserker seems like that.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Is there any point at all to Paladin once you've got Knight unlocked? Just did a Knight promo run and it just feels like an upgrade in every way to the Paladin.

Sash23-83
Jan 23, 2010

lost

Hello Sailor posted:

For earning class symbols and slots, do you have to unlock every single spot on a class's tree, just the centers of each node, or make it to some end point (presumably, the most expensive unlock in the class tree)?

You just need to unlock all the ability and talent nodes, in other words, the center nods.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Darwinism posted:

Is there any point at all to Paladin once you've got Knight unlocked? Just did a Knight promo run and it just feels like an upgrade in every way to the Paladin.

they both have areas where they shine in pvp (paladins specced for cc and teammate shielding/invulnerability, knights on capture point defense) but in pve i think knight is just an outright clear winner.

gotta max paladin for the symbol though so they have that going for them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Symbol does what, now?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Don't try to run onto Ignis' platform.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Symbol does what, now?

something hits you for over 10% of your life? it gets negated and you're immune for 4 seconds. 70 second cooldown that instantly cools down outside of combat so it lets you chain pull and avoid getting one shot by mechanics if you're slow.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So, just did a 10v10, does it lag as all hell for anyone else? I had to do it for the ring, but goddamn did it just crap out during massive fights.

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's dumb to have to do the blah pvp stuff to get these temple items? it's only 10-20 minutes sure, but I'd rather opt out of it for a solo or group instant run.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I much rather get an instant queue PvP match for a relic than wait for a 5-man queue and do that for the next 30+ minutes.

And no, PvP works fine for me. I do have performance issues in regions but they're tolerable.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There's a post on the forums saying that turning Effect Sounds to zero stops a few massive FPS drops.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Jimbosaurus posted:

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's dumb to have to do the blah pvp stuff to get these temple items? it's only 10-20 minutes sure, but I'd rather opt out of it for a solo or group instant run.

You are not, but then I don't like PvP at all except in shooters.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
10v10 on the Archer is glorious. All the gear you get is just icing on the cake.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

HandsomeBen posted:

10v10 on the Archer is glorious. All the gear you get is just icing on the cake.

I can't wait until dual spec. PvE necro survives some dumb poo poo even in PvP..can't imagine what I can get away with using real PvP stuff.

That said PvP ain't that great. It's fun once or twice a day, though.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

i enjoy this game

Coeus
Sep 21, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

That is gonna cost him 1,000,000 credit donation. He can also pay :10bux: and post here like the rest of us fucks. Ill be doing the whole sponser poo poo when all the loving goons are in the guild and we have spare slots.

Here is my current hit list.

Erika Desade
Dilbert Dourden
Ristoph Amirus
Fish Pockets
Zombie Princess
Yap Snap
Devlin Huer
Taliya Rose
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Cherry Poppins
Stonewall Jack
Applied Darwinism
QTMEDEA BABESIXNINE
The Phallomancer
Not Cool
Anime Cancer
Farty Jackson <--- GOT EM
Funny Fatguy <--- GOT EM
Cupnoodle King <--- GOT EM
Langly Ayanami <---- GOT EM
Trumpous Maximus <--- GOT EM
Gas Stove <--- GOT EM
Helba Montagne <---- GOT EM
Ohrin Dearmeh <--- GOT EM
Rock Mchardslab <--- GOT EM
Alys Brangwin <-- GOT EM
Trill Talen <--- GOT EM
Aye Veriley <--- GOT EM
Boo Urns <--- GOT EM
Parallel Parkinsons <--- GOT EM
Leonan Elrorn <--- GOT EM
Shiro Ichida <-- GOT EM
Shad Barrick <--- GOT EM
Lucci Snow <--- GOT EM
Pyke Fish <--- GOT EM
Mollester Alone <--- GOT EM

As you can see I have gotten quite a few of you fucks accommodated. Unfortunately we are running low on space again soon and I need more motherfuckers to donate. All of you should be giving me your money.

Alvitr Rannveig

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Can't seem to find any information, is there a EU guild?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Yes! The EU guild is on the US server and is named God Awful.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Gotcha, so basically everyone is on the US server then.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Anal Papist posted:

Yes! The EU guild is on the US server and is named God Awful.

Haha.

Mango Polo posted:

Gotcha, so basically everyone is on the US server then.

The amount of effort to get just one guild running it is not surprising that people are being encouraged to roll NA. Most EU people are saying 200 ping at worst, and it's not noticeably bad enough to care about.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

I get 130-200ms ping constantly. This is absolutely fine in 95% PvE where most "Dodge this or die" attacks have a large animation. It can get a bit annoying in PvP where I have had weird interactions like going invulnerable as a slayer then a second later being stuck in a bezerker's stun combo and my stealth is on cooldown. The main benefit to having one guild is being able to daily thank Alcoholic for his service to the marine core, and upholding democracy and western civilization.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Are the issues with connection resolved by not doing anything and just waiting or is there something I can do? I've been getting a mix of codes 107, 2, and 6.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

From Facebook:

Skyforge posted:

We are aware of the disconnects occurring on the NA server and are investigating. We estimate the fix for the NA server will take 20 minutes to complete.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

5:28pm PDT: We now estimate the NA server will be back online in roughly 1.5 hours. We apologize for this delay and will keep you informed.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
Holy crap I love PVP as an Alchemist.
People are so dumb and DOT me and I just reflect shield them to their own death.
Dweebs dropping left and right from their own attacks.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

rantmo posted:

From Facebook:

Nice...

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Still down as of 7:20pm PDT, for anyone just checking the thread.

e: vv :(

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
https://twitter.com/GodsofSkyforge

Their new update is 8:30 pst.

• Locked thread