Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

Youtou – Shiranui
Level 2 FIRE Zombie-Type Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 800
DEF 0
You can only use the effect of “Youtou – Shiranui” once per turn. (1) If this card is in your Graveyard, except during the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 non-Tuner Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard; banish both that target and this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level is the same as the combined Level of both banished monsters.
:stare:

quote:

Katanagami – Shiranui
Level 6 FIRE Zombie-Type Pendulum Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2500
DEF 0
1 Zombie-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Zombie-Type monster
You can only Special Summon 1 “Katangami – Shiranui(s)” once per turn.
(1) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can target 1 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters; shuffle it into your Deck, and if you do, change all monsters your opponent controls whose ATK is lower than the ATK of that monster to Defense Position.
(2) If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; it loses 500 ATK.
HAAAAHAAHAHAHAHA

Zombie turbo Synchro just got a whole lot more powerful.

Well not really but this opens up some super fun Anime plays.

Wait no :smith: the only other Zombie Synchro monsters require Plaguespreader as the tuner.
aw man.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wait no :smith: the only other Zombie Synchro monsters require Plaguespreader as the tuner.
aw man.

Re-read Youtou's effect. It doesn't Synchro Summon, it Special Summons, so it bypasses the Plaguespreader requirement.

EDIT: Bwahahahaha those Burning Abyss names. Good job, KoJ. Good job taking after your TCG branch.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 17, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ah yes, easy access to Revived King Ha Des and Archfiend Zombie-Skull. This matters presumably to someone, somewhere.

Still, I guess you could use it as a stepping stone for lv8s using Plaguespreader? It's worse in almost every way compared to Destiny HERO - Malicious but it's, uh, it's something.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Ah yes, easy access to Revived King Ha Des and Archfiend Zombie-Skull. This matters presumably to someone, somewhere.

Still, I guess you could use it as a stepping stone for lv8s using Plaguespreader? It's worse in almost every way compared to Destiny HERO - Malicious but it's, uh, it's something.

You can go into Katanagami with Youtou + Mezuki, then use Katanagami's effect to send Mezuki back to the deck. That's a pretty decent play.

Plus, we don't know what else the deck has right now. It's probably going to have at least one other good, solid Synchro monster.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PSYFrame Omega does that job better - it returns Mezuki/Plaguespreader to the graveyard, where they're more immediately useful. You're right though, it could just be the start of a new Zombie archetype where that kind of play makes more sense. Maybe we'll get a Lv8 and Lv10, and just use each Synchro as a stepping stone to get to the real boss monster?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

PSYFrame Omega does that job better - it returns Mezuki/Plaguespreader to the graveyard, where they're more immediately useful. You're right though, it could just be the start of a new Zombie archetype where that kind of play makes more sense. Maybe we'll get a Lv8 and Lv10, and just use each Synchro as a stepping stone to get to the real boss monster?

Yeah but that violates the most important part of Zombie synchro: Theming of the main deck.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That heaven monarch has a beautiful art, not a very good efect though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

EDIT: Bwahahahaha those Burning Abyss names. Good job, KoJ. Good job taking after your TCG branch.

Grabbersnitch and Gatorhog :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Julias posted:

Grabbersnitch and Gatorhog :allears:

OCG getting to feel some of the Konami schauden after all these years is good.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Hjalmar posted:

Searchable (not just by Manju/Senju) 2800 beatstick with a practically free summoning requirement (dump Odd-Eyes Vortex or Beast-Eyes or whatever) that has a Giant Trunade effect which can't be negated and a passive Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon effect to top it off. All for a deck which is already top-tier.

Can it be destroyed by card effects? Yes?

It's not Flare Metal then.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Searchable (not just by Manju/Senju) 2800 beatstick with a practically free summoning requirement (dump Odd-Eyes Vortex or Beast-Eyes or whatever) that has a Giant Trunade effect which can't be negated and a passive Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon effect to top it off. All for a deck which is already top-tier.

:siren:YUGIOH NEWCOMER DETECTED:siren:

Giant Trunade is one of the best cards in the game, his mini-Trunade effect doesn't touch your own field and as such isn't really comparable.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Splitting hairs ITT. It's designed to push for game, not have any sort of long-lasting field presence or offer support through recycling your continuous traps or whatever the Real Giant Trunade did. You clear the field with it + Dark Hole or Raigeki, pendulum summon a handful of beaters and auto-win unless they have hand traps.

VVV You can negate the summon, but not the effect. Solemn Warning and spell negation are the only counters.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 17, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

That Odd-Eyes is actually legit. The only real way of countering it is negating the summon, or the effect. Fiendish, Veiler, ect will be key cards.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm still having a hard time seeing how you would fit it into the current Odd-Eyes otk deck without replacing Vortex dragon which is a much more versatile card. It's not that the card is bad, it's a loving godsend when compared to the last ritual monster and spell(Supreme soldier :shepicide:), but it's competing with more solid alternatives.

EDIT: If people start actually playing Majespecters and their absurd "search one solemn warning every turn" bullshit it will become very valuable.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 17, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm not seeing how it would replace Vortex at all? Vortex would be easy to summon with it since the ritual spell can dump it into the graveyard to be revived by Absolute.

This isn't a case of fitting the card into an existing deck as it is having multiple builds on the same theme, like what we're seeing with Red-Eyes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

I'm not seeing how it would replace Vortex at all? Vortex would be easy to summon with it since the ritual spell can dump it into the graveyard to be revived by Absolute.

This isn't a case of fitting the card into an existing deck as it is having multiple builds on the same theme, like what we're seeing with Red-Eyes.

Absolute wouldn't be able to revive Vortex from the grave if it's sent from the Extra Deck, since it wasn't properly Fusion Summoned first.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Vortex doesn't have a clause where it has to be Fusion-summoned, though. You can summon it with Absolute's float effect from the extra deck, too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Vortex doesn't have a clause where it has to be Fusion-summoned, though. You can summon it with Absolute's float effect from the extra deck, too.

That's a built-in clause for all Extra Deck monsters. They can't be summoned from the Grave or Banish zone unless they were properly Fusion/Synchro/Xyz summoned first.

It's why if you use Starlight Road to summon Stardust Dragon, and then use Stardust's effect, it can't bring itself back from the Grave.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Huh, so there is. That's confusing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Huh, so there is. That's confusing.

Bummed me out so hard the first time I used Starlight Road only to send my own Stardust to the grave and never get it back.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The playmat I ordered a few days ago arrived this morning.

Dang that looks pretty sweet.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 18, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dabir posted:

The playmat I ordered a few days ago arrived this morning.

Dang that looks pretty sweet.

That's neat. Mine is a rubber version of:

That came in

I got it from a friend who wanted the deck.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
WELP

Beatrice, the Eternal Lady

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
BA's definitely needed more support.

I wonder if her mechanics are parastic though I would love more rank 6's for dragunity or whatever else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Rank 6 though, how the hell you summon her on the average BA deck?

Vergil and Fusion Dante/Malacoda?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's gonna have an effect that lets her overlay on a BA XYZ aka Dante

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Rank 6 though, how the hell you summon her on the average BA deck?

Vergil and Fusion Dante/Malacoda?

fusion dante is level 9 iirc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If she overlays on Dante it lets me make a million dirty jokes too

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
In any case, I guess we will get a premium product like the Round Table for BA this year. Not a bad deal, as collector having easy access at nearly all the BA cards on a single set is amazing.

I never expected for the OCG to have the reveal for new support on a former TCG exclusive deck though.

Also, since the BA have access to all the different types of SS, I was expecting for Beatrice to have a Sophia-like summon condition

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

She's a V Jump promo. It'll be at least a year before TCG gets her.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

She's a V Jump promo. It'll be at least a year before TCG gets her.

Playing online certainly has its benefits in this situation.

Still, Beatrice could have some sort of support effect, I suppose. Like, making BA untargetable, or perhaps draw power.

Slur fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 18, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I like the idea that she is a win condition that can only be overlayed using all the BA summoning types

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

I like the idea that she is a win condition that can only be overlayed using all the BA summoning types

Summoning all 4 BA Bosses already means you are (and already were) guaranteed a win.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The next structure deck has been announced.

http://ygorganization.com/whatisreijingmasters/

It's...a D/D structure deck? And TCG still doesn't have D/D?

I'm glad I don't buy cards IRL. TCG gets treated like such a second-class citizen and I don't want to deal with that poo poo.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 19, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dexie posted:

I'm glad I don't buy cards IRL. TCG gets treated like such a second-class citizen and I don't want to deal with that poo poo.

I haven't found it too bad since moving to Canada. Before we in the EU were dicked over with promo cards hardcore. Blackship of Corn wasn't legal until the tins came out here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

I haven't found it too bad since moving to Canada. Before we in the EU were dicked over with promo cards hardcore. Blackship of Corn wasn't legal until the tins came out here.

It's still pretty bad. TCG still doesn't even have the new cards from the Shark and Rio Duelist Pack. :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

I don't see the issue?

We would get the monarch deck first so there's plenty of time for the D/D to get here in the meantime.

http://ygorganization.com/noshikieikitho/

That's a pretty sick looking poster

Hellraker, Netherlord of the Higan (Ultra Rare)

Poor Malacoda :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, the Arc-V manga looks like it'll be really weird. Too bad it'll never get translated and put on the internet.

Even Reiji's surprised!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm more amazed at Yuto not being a midget here :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

Wow Yuto really does look like a Yami-clone doesn't he

• Locked thread