Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

drrockso20 posted:

but the artist on that book is completely awful at drawing faces,

Look, it only stands to reason that some mutants are going to have their X-gene on the 47th chromosome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Jedit posted:

Look, it only stands to reason that some mutants are going to have their X-gene on the 47th chromosome.

I hate myself for laughing at this.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gynovore posted:

I hate myself for laughing at this.
I pictured a Downs Baby whose mutant power is having a hyperbrain and now I'm going to hell.

INTRODUCING THE STRANGEST, MOST SENSATIONAL X-MUTANT YET:

MASTER MUTARDO!! :thumbsup:

Edit for content:
Just looked at my shelf and I wanted to give a shout out to Locke and Key. Specifically in the last issue where the eldest son has a heart to heart with his father, and the dad is pretty contrite about failing him. L&K did a great job with mundane family drama, I think.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 17, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
It would be great if the panels threads went back to the rule about no posting without a panel to avoid the people who only post to bitch about how panel X is not really Y.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Source

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

But they didn't make Godzilla lonelier. As the first of a new kid Godzilla was able to have children!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

But they didn't make Godzilla lonelier. As the first of a new kid Godzilla was able to have children!

Depends which of the 80 different Godzilla timelines you go by.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Depends which of the 80 different Godzilla timelines you go by.

Aside from the new one is there one where Godzilla doesn't have babby godzookis?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ImpAtom posted:

Aside from the new one is there one where Godzilla doesn't have babby godzookis?

any of the Millennium ere Godzillas (except Final Wars I guess sorta.) Frankly, GINO's the only one to actually have children of its own. Big G always went with adoption regardless of the film. I'm not even sure if Minya is the same species to begin with.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Choco1980 posted:

any of the Millennium ere Godzillas (except Final Wars I guess sorta.) Frankly, GINO's the only one to actually have children of its own. Big G always went with adoption regardless of the film. I'm not even sure if Minya is the same species to begin with.

Yeah in all cases His child's egg was found and not laid. His child from the heisei films was the same species. in fact he starts to look a lot like dear old dad at the end

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Surely the animated series makes up for the Roland Emerich film enough that we can stop using the term GINO.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Surely the animated series makes up for the Roland Emerich film enough that we can stop using the term GINO.

Yeah, his name's Zilla anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Adoption still means he has more of his species around. (And frankly if there is a mysterious egg around that means SOMEONE is making more godzookis.)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OptimusShr posted:

Yeah in all cases His child's egg was found and not laid. His child from the heisei films was the same species. in fact he starts to look a lot like dear old dad at the end

Godzilla vs Destroyah is a loving great movie.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ImpAtom posted:

Adoption still means he has more of his species around. (And frankly if there is a mysterious egg around that means SOMEONE is making more godzookis.)

Godzilla was well and truly killed in the original 1954 film and they don't even bother explaining the appearance of a new Godzilla in the second film Godzilla Raids Again, everyone's all "Hey look there's another Godzilla" and then they go about their business.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Godzilla vs Destroyah is a loving great movie.

I still get a little misty at the end when Godzilla has his nuclear heart attack and dies, and instead of the radiation making Japan well and goodly hosed, it all gets sucked into the dying body of Junior, not only revivifying him but providing the last bit of radioactive push to mutate him into looking just like his adoptive father :unsmith:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vs Hedorah is the only great Godzilla movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOyVEfi4-Q&t=14s

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

You posted the wrong scene. :colbert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E284IfUyssc

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's fun and all, but that's pretty far down on the movie's cool stuff list for me.
If you've only seen that from the movie, you're missing out on some nutty poo poo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

True Story, the director, Yoshimitsu Banno got blacklisted from directing in Japan because of that scene. Up until then, the executive producer at Toho, Tomoyuki Tanaka took a very controlling "hands on" approach to the series. He was getting up in age and had to be hospitalized for something during the filming of G vs H, and Banno was all "no problem, I can handle things from here, trust me..." When he watched the finished product his first response was "You've ruined my Godzilla." And yes, he's not been shy about the fact that the rocket breath is why.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's pretty impressive how seriously the makers of Godzilla movies take their stupid campy monster movies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

It's pretty impressive how seriously the makers of Godzilla movies take their stupid campy monster movies.
Maybe since it started as a condemnation of the horrors of atomic war....?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Maybe since it started as a condemnation of the horrors of atomic war....?

The "taking yourself seriously as a metaphor" ship sailed right about the time Jet Jaguar got involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8GUDjP1pWM

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

The "taking yourself seriously as a metaphor" ship sailed right about the time Jet Jaguar got involved.

He's just a metaphor for the promise of industrialization as a method to cope with this horrible atomic curse!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Lurdiak posted:

I can't blame them for loving their creations and wanting to stick to what made the original so powerful, but I think Godzilla Raids Again was the beginning of the end of Godzilla as a completely non-campy series. And in all honesty, I do absolutely love the campier Godzilla of the later Showa era, a true atomic-fire breathing, one hundred and fifty foot tall superhero!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

All Godzilla movies are great Godzilla movies.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Except Godzilla's Revenge, I think we can all agree that one is awful

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rhyno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBZF7nuoD50

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

GINO doesn't count and you know that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

I STAND BY MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Which happened after Hedorah...

(God I know too much about Godzilla)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Godzilla's Revenge with the insane english dub rules. I saw a print of it in a movie marathon :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 24, 2015

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Godzilla's Revenge with the insane english dub rules. I saw a print of it in a movie marathon :)

Did you get your tickets for this year's Horrorthon? It sold out in like two hours, but I got mine.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I dunno, the depressing metaplot of Godzilla's Revenge is kinda interesting when you think about it. But yeah, a lot of that movie was lazy clipshow.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unmature posted:

Did you get your tickets for this year's Horrorthon? It sold out in like two hours, but I got mine.

I'll assume that's not a New Zealand thing.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'll assume that's not a New Zealand thing.

drat, thought you meant the Exhumed Films Horrorthon that happens in Philadelphia every year. They played Godzilla's Revenge last year.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

None of you mother fuckers appreciates Godzilla like you should

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Godzilla is really neat. He is full of turtle meat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

dordreff posted:

Godzilla is really neat. He is full of turtle meat.

because he ate a bunch of turtles? yeah, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Usagi Yojimbo made a friend of a lizard named Zylla that comes to his rescue.