Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I think the game was subcontracted out to an Australian studio, so it may very well be actual Australians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When I spoke irl with mills I couldn't understand a single word without Keane interpreting

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wait, so not Borderlands bad Aussie accents, just all Aussie accents? Wow. Aussie accents come in a few forms and range from thick to pretty weak. Much like American accents - which can be grating when they are strong.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

BottleKnight posted:

No, she actually just hates listening to Australian accents. In any medium! It is not any deeper or more intricate than that.

Is it offensive to not play a game you like the gameplay of (she loved Borderlands 2) because the concept of an Australian accent bugs you so bad?

No it's true, Australian accents are terrible.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

A light Australian accent is fine. But I've never met a thick Aussie accent in the wild. It's always over the top exaggeration.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I once spent two weeks in our parent company office in Philadelphia and during that time I never heard a single other Australian accent.

I didn't really even notice till I finally did hear an Aussie accent again, at the Qantas check-in desk and two thoughts went through my mind simultaneously.

The first was "that accent sounds like home" and the second was "wow that accent is really horrible."

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I like Australian accents a lot but the heavier ones can get unbearable because they often do this thing where many ends of sentences inflect up, in a higher tone. It's like the valley girl archetype of Australian accents. I've only heard it on dudes really though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Australians are essentially criminals imo

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ex-cons are a more politically correct description of Austrians.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I agree, exposing the rest of the world to Foster's should be criminal.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I agree, exposing the rest of the world to Foster's should be criminal.

That's why we export it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heres a video where you can watch white people look uncomfortable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTSt2VUO_S0

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That's why we export it.

Like I said, criminal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Like I said, criminal.

We should arrest them all and ship them off to a whole other country like, I dunno, France

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

VLAD laws should be unconstitutional. Not all Australians are convicts, many have immigrated from all other parts of the world, from times ranging from the gold rush, post-federation, and modern times. Not everyone should be painted with the same brush by association.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
We should push all the Australians further inland. That'll teach 'em. :getin:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard Perth was all criminals tho

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

I heard Perth was all criminals tho

I'm from Perth and descended from convicts.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Each new wave of immigration should push the previous wave more inland. It's a fair compromise. Though, there's probably some innate fear of this scenario in Australian mainstream thought, source: current immigration policy.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

3/4 of my grandparents were born in the UK. So I'd be somewhere near the blue mountains.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Each new wave of immigration should push the previous wave more inland. It's a fair compromise. Though, there's probably some innate fear of this scenario in Australian mainstream thought, source: current immigration policy.

The auspol thread is depressing enough, let's not bring it in here.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I wish Auspol was more like mafia. There'd be more spills.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That's be ause you're reading the wrong auspol thread. auspol crew thread is chill and good. Bowmore and I post in it.

Also Australian accent overseas are awful. I have a standard and rad accent, as many people here have heard.

Only 100 years has heard me in person though so he is cool and good by proxy.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Magnus Gallant posted:

It's literally a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath house that has an extra room that could be either an office or another bedroom and they want 550 dollars a month in rent.

It's like 5 minutes away from my job and within walking distance of downtown raleigh.

Like what.

I'm going to be paying more than that for a studio apartment in an old building that has windows that might be too small for my air conditioner, haha

It's not much more than that, I'm getting a big discount on the first month, there is in-unit laundry and I am close to public transit, but unfortunately it's this public transit.

I am excited to see what it's like living without any roommates, it'll be an adventure.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
having no room mates is so loving awesome

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

uranus posted:

Breaking news: derp walks around his apartment naked

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i walk around naked with roommates so i dont know

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MsPop and OpopJr are visiting her mom this week and it is eerily quiet. I think I prefer having people around

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Breaking news: derp walks around his apartment naked

I am naked within 5 minutes of coming home.

It's awesome.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I have dogs and they like to sniff butts. There is no nakedness in my house.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My dogs never give a poo poo and act like pillows when they lay on the couch for me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

Onion and garlic shreds for 5 hours in the freezer then red chili flakes and parmesan when turning into Patty form right before frying.

This sounds really good.

And mixing pork with ground beef isn't a bad suggestion. That's also how I do my meatballs.

Accent chat:
I was always under the impression that the Australian accent was one of those that girls just swooned for, not unlike Irish and Scottish and to a much lesser degree (general) English accents. At least that's always been my impression. What's funny is that I've never heard that at all about American accents, no matter where it comes from, wherever I've been in the world no one has ever found American accents particularly cute. They don't find it grating it's just neutral. I guess there's just too much American media.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Did I make you swoon 100yrs?

Those Parisian girls certainly seemed immune

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I had butterflies in my stomach all night.

The thing you forgot is that Parisian women are cool as cucumbers. You can't faze them. Ever.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
just a few more needed for a quick small game for musical songs. are you a music song? post in the thread with the words 'i want to play' to find out

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736881

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Might as well make this the recruiting corner, I'm still at -5 to start, and uranus and I are already in each other's games, we can't help each other any more than we are.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736669

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mafia thread work is boring and it is hard for me to sit in my cubicle.

I propose that work give me a jetpack IMO.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hear that putting your coworkers prized possessions in jello cheers you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Mafia thread work is boring and it is hard for me to sit in my cubicle.

I propose that work give me a jetpack IMO.

I think work should make you eat a bug.