Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
B-b-but you can't oppose fascism without becoming the fascist yourself, you see :qqsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

circ dick soleil posted:

B-b-but you can't oppose fascism without becoming the fascist yourself, you see :qqsay:

You could answer a peaceful assembly with a peaceful protest instead of being violent and kept at bay by law enforcement officers? Just throwing that one out there.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

(and can't post for 2 years!)

circ dick soleil posted:

Fascism is indeed a bad thing. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Not when it opposes Islam, Muslims, Immigrants and promotes White heritage and nationalism. Then fascism is indeed a beautiful ideology that I fully support.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
If you oppose anti-fascism by saying that it's fascist, you are saying that fascism is bad, which makes you an anti-fascist.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

City of Tampa posted:

what group would I belong to in England if I hated nazis and fascism, but also didn't want to live in a community heavily influenced by Muslims?

what does "heavily influenced by Muslims" mean? did you believe that fat Fox idiot when he said Birmingham had sharia law?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

If hypothetically there were a social issue you supported but only had pretty minor roots would you be okay with the general public showing up and throwing things at them/punching them in the face because they didn't want the movement getting any traction?

As a general rule, I think free speech is critical and violence should be avoided at all costs.

However, when a movement is predicated on eradicating minorities, celebrates Hitler, and literally can only grow by establishing a mythos through public displays of power, then I think there's a strong argument for kicking its legs from under it when it makes the attempt.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

lol

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Coohoolin posted:

what does "heavily influenced by Muslims" mean? did you believe that fat Fox idiot when he said Birmingham had sharia law?
We do have Shariah in the Muslim controlled areas. We have about 100 Shariah law courts in Muslim controlled areas which are run by the Islamic Sharia Council.

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
As a true progressive i believe that social ills a, b, and c should not be looked at as crimes of individuals but instead trends that reflect socioeconomic and institutional factors among the offenders. Their victims, while tragic, should not be used to justify hate or further harm.

For social issues x, y, and z though, I will ignore such factors, chalk everything up to personal responsibility, dehumanize the offenders, and endorse attacks upon these monsters.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Someone post that comic or Hitler being all reasonable about wanting to start up the Holocaust and some rageface idiot yelling at him.

We can close the thread after that.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

You could answer a peaceful assembly with a peaceful protest instead of being violent and kept at bay by law enforcement officers? Just throwing that one out there.

Sure why not.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

As a true progressive

You aren't a progressive.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I'm an anti facist and I fight facism by throwing faeces at old ladies

Please tell me how cool and good I am.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Nigel Farage posted:

Not when it opposes Islam, Muslims, Immigrants and promotes White heritage and nationalism. Then fascism is indeed a beautiful ideology that I fully support.

how long until you get banned

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

reddit liker posted:

how long until you get banned

For what? Speaking up and telling the truth?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

corpuscollossus posted:

As a general rule, I think free speech is critical and violence should be avoided at all costs.

However, when a movement is predicated on eradicating minorities, celebrates Hitler, and literally can only grow by establishing a mythos through public displays of power, then I think there's a strong argument for kicking its legs from under it when it makes the attempt.
You cant have it both ways really, if you condone this kind of behavior now it's the same thing as condoning it over issues society hasn't quite progressed enough on. It's not like bad people do bad things cause they get off on being evil, it's because they think they're justified in their behavior due to how they view the people they're doing it to.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
White supremacists are by and large the worst examples of white genes you can find on the planet.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
500 unemployed squatter crust punk antifa show up to throw poo poo at the dozen or so powerless nazis, who everybody hates, and then act like they're christ on the loving cross for doing it

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

anchoress posted:

and then act like they're christ on the loving cross for doing it

Who? The antifa or the nazis?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

circ dick soleil posted:

Who? The antifa or the nazis?

yes

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

circ dick soleil posted:

You aren't a progressive.
Because i don't think we should violently attack people peacefully assembling based on disagreements with their views? I mean history has shown the majority is never on the wrong side of things amiright. I can't even think of one major atrocity that started with "those people are bad and deserve what we are doing to them"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

circ dick soleil posted:

White supremacists are by and large the worst examples of white genes you can find on the planet.

Which is any better

White people with blue eyes and blond hair that live inside the earth and use ufos

or

White people created to be the devils by a black scientist in 5000 BC

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Because i don't think we should violently attack people peacefully assembling based on disagreements with their views?

No, because you yourself have admitted that you're not progressive.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

You cant have it both ways really, if you condone this kind of behavior now it's the same thing as condoning it over issues society hasn't quite progressed enough on. It's not like bad people do bad things cause they get off on being evil, it's because they think they're justified in their behavior due to how they view the people they're doing it to.

I don't condone violence against fascists, but I do think blockading their displays of power is justified and that will often lead to violence. They might not believe themselves to be 'evil', but they also don't believe that what Hitler did was evil. Communities have a right to reject the ideology out of hand and prevent its proponents from attempting to build a following within it.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

circ dick soleil posted:

kindermord is a neo-nazi troll.

communismo delenda est :toot:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Maybe we should take all facists and anti-facists and send them to some sort of camp.... some place we could "concentrate" them for lack of a better word.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
If the fascists are being beat up by the anti-fascists, doesn't that just make the anti-fascists the real fascists? My brain hurts

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

corpuscollossus posted:

I don't condone violence against fascists, but I do think blockading their displays of power is justified and that will often lead to violence. They might not believe themselves to be 'evil', but they also don't believe that what Hitler did was evil. Communities have a right to reject the ideology out of hand and prevent its proponents from attempting to build a following within it.
I guess my point is if you look back historically to any social change there was a period where what we now see as the right side was the minority and the majority who opposed them thought they were in the moral right. They justified their atrocities etc by dehumanizing their victims and with the support of being the majority could get away with this behavior.

Im not saying i think neo nazis are going to be heralded as civil rights figures 50 years from now but i do think when new important cultural issues are in their early stages we should have an environment where even those with views the majority oppose can nonviolently demonstrate and not be met with violence as a response. I do not personally trust society to ethically handle things by mob rule and i don't know how anyone who has taken a history class could.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

mdm posted:

If the fascists are being beat up by the anti-fascists, doesn't that just make the anti-fascists the real fascists? My brain hurts

the only real differences are in preference of early-20th century ideology and color of shirt

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

mdm posted:

It means fascism is bad and should be opposed, no matter which way you slice it.

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

mdm posted:

its honestly just a bunch of leftists beating the poo poo out of each other so im all for it

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Clemocracy posted:

its honestly just a bunch of leftists beating the poo poo out of each other so im all for it

Fascists aren't leftist.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I guess my point is if you look back historically to any social change there was a period where what we now see as the right side was the minority and the majority who opposed them thought they were in the moral right. They justified their atrocities etc by dehumanizing their victims and with the support of being the majority could get away with this behavior.

Im not saying i think neo nazis are going to be heralded as civil rights figures 50 years from now but i do think when new important cultural issues are in their early stages we should have an environment where even those with views the majority oppose can nonviolently demonstrate and not be met with violence as a response. I do not personally trust society to ethically handle things by mob rule and i don't know how anyone who has taken a history class could.

I agree with you completely but

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

I do not personally trust society to ethically handle things by mob rule

Aren't you pro-GamerGate?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Makes me proud to be a Northerner, living only 15 miles from liverpool. We don't like nazis bc they bombed our chippy

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to get that most neo-nazi's think the holocaust was a giant hoax. The far right is ultimately the most annoying section of the political spectrum, since they're basically racist David Icke followers.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Nigel Farage posted:

We do have Shariah in the Muslim controlled areas. We have about 100 Shariah law courts in Muslim controlled areas which are run by the Islamic Sharia Council.

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/

I literally live in one of the no-go zones and it's a dope neighborhood.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lol ok... so I understand how american neonazis exist... germany didn't actually attack the united states landmass during ww2 and despite the country's collective jewish heritage, perhaps hitler had the right idea... but england was hosed by the hands of the nazis... and considering how much retarded brits like to dwell on the past... how are there people that idolize hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
so a small group of people fenced into a small area were easily assaulted by a large group of people that could move freely

justice served

• Locked thread