Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even during a game? Holy poo poo man, this is what I've wanted from a console for years. Cheers dude.

The first Xbox let you take the game CD out and put in music CDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the gently caress is a music cd

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

epitasis posted:

the gently caress is a music cd

It's like a CD-R but only for music and you can't burn it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lady Naga posted:

The first Xbox let you take the game CD out and put in music CDs.

Yeah but it didn't work with burned CDs most of the time so the only imported themes I used in RAW 2 were from WCW Mayhem :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The 360 also let you plug in an iphone or stream music from your PC during game play, which was cool. The Spotify thing in PS4 seems to be them finding a way around the fact that for some reason that was taken out of both consoles this generation.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

TheJoker138 posted:

The 360 also let you plug in an iphone or stream music from your PC during game play, which was cool. The Spotify thing in PS4 seems to be them finding a way around the fact that for some reason that was taken out of both consoles this generation.

I remember both options were extremely finicky and iirc the 360 would only let you play those weird copyright-encoded MP3s that came from like iTunes or whatever. So naturally instead of fixing those issues they just went with Spotify integration because you can actually make money off of that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

I remember both options were extremely finicky and iirc the 360 would only let you play those weird copyright-encoded MP3s that came from like iTunes or whatever. So naturally instead of fixing those issues they just went with Spotify integration because you can actually make money off of that.

You're misremembering the DRM stuff. The 360 would let you play any mp3. I know because I had a ton of ripped CDs and stuff from Amazon and the like without any of the copyright stuff on it and could play them just fine. And I never had any issue once I got it set up with the media server stuff. Didn't have an iPod back then so that might have been totally hosed. The bad part was you couldn't use any of the iPod or streamed tracks as stuff like entrance music in the WWE games from that era, though. It was cool for driving around in GTA and whatever, though.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Please re-program the game so that there's a 1 in 10 chance you get hit by a MITB case thrown from the crowd when you play as Roman.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

TheJoker138 posted:

You're misremembering the DRM stuff. The 360 would let you play any mp3. I know because I had a ton of ripped CDs and stuff from Amazon and the like without any of the copyright stuff on it and could play them just fine. And I never had any issue once I got it set up with the media server stuff. Didn't have an iPod back then so that might have been totally hosed. The bad part was you couldn't use any of the iPod or streamed tracks as stuff like entrance music in the WWE games from that era, though. It was cool for driving around in GTA and whatever, though.

Maybe it didn't play DRM stuff and that's why I was upset? All I know is that it wasn't playing my drat music and I was upset but this was seven or eight years ago and my xbox got stolen so I can't say for certainty.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

You could just transfer any old mp3s to PS3 via an USB stick and assign them as entrance music. Why the new generation has taken it out is beyond me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tonfa posted:

You could just transfer any old mp3s to PS3 via an USB stick and assign them as entrance music. Why the new generation has taken it out is beyond me.

Yep (or transfer them wirelessly from your network if you want). It only worked in some games like Burnout and Wipeout but you could use those for custom soundtracks as well.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Sony have said they've thought about adding that functionality back in, but that was over a year ago now and it's not happened. The basic PS4 media player can play the files back just fine, just only from a wireless network or a USB stick. All they need to do is allow you to copy the files from a USB drive to the HDD and it should be good to go. I assume the Xbox One is in much the same state.

Word I've heard is they're on thin ice with the streaming functionality, hence why even to get the PS4 to stream a game to Twitch through a capture device you have to disable HDCP, restart the TV, console and capture device to renegotiate the connection and then there is some software which can't be opened as long as HDCP is turned off, which I believe is a choice made by the software developer/publisher. Lots of licensing problems thanks to streaming.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

So with the SuperCard news today, is anyone going to still play SuperCard?

For those that haven't seen it - Season 2 is coming! Meaning all your season 1 cards are invalid and can only be used in season 1 exhibition & KOTR. Only season 2 cards can be used in coming events. But don't fret, you can trade your legendary and up cards in for super & ultra rare cards! And the best news of all, no more pros from events! Instead they'll be spread out to give the levels room to breathe! (So like Ring Domination every week).

On the bright side I had really been cutting down my play to only RTG so cutting it out entirely isn't a big loss.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Haha, well on one hand I can see why they would want to reboot the whole thing due to the game being relatively easy to rocket through at first while they had no clue how to balance anything, and left themselves with a huge group of people always at the ceiling with nowhere to grind to and massive stat leaps between card tiers, but going from that back to the start isn't going to be fun now they've eliminated basically every single reliable method to advance. I don't want to have to grind out a million exhibition games to get anywhere, so yeah, this'll be a good time to cut free now my sunk cost of having gotten the top tier cards when they were easy has been taken out of the picture.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 18, 2015

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even during a game? Holy poo poo man, this is what I've wanted from a console for years. Cheers dude.

Yeah. When I play Fifa I turn everything but commentary off and just blast whatever I feel.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tonfa posted:

Both systems, only months ago, just patched in the ability to even play music/movies from things other than discs and digital versions you bought on their stores. And neither of them can store music locally, still. It's really dumb.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

newlegacyinc did their 24 hour charity stream for Fighting Back a couple of days ago and raised $10,000 Canadian for the Canadian Cancer Society

They had a few guest callers in Russo, Player Uno, Johnny Yuma, Andrew Everett and Jervis Cottonbelly.

full playlist

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLJXhOnuaEHovs0QE3gI9Ge63cPpXe10Af

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Man, I dunno if I'm gonna keep playing Supercard with those changes. I just got my first ever Wrestlemania card and I was really pumped that I was making progress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Testekill posted:

newlegacyinc did their 24 hour charity stream for Fighting Back a couple of days ago and raised $10,000 Canadian for the Canadian Cancer Society

They had a few guest callers in Russo, Player Uno, Johnny Yuma, Andrew Everett and Jervis Cottonbelly.

full playlist

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLJXhOnuaEHovs0QE3gI9Ge63cPpXe10Af

It was pure gold too.
Especially when Bakabella, Jervice and Russo were all on stream giggledicking around.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well this is certainly a thing that someone made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1ymZE4Dqw

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lodin posted:

Calling something crudely thrown together in a visual novel maker "made" is a little generous.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Happitoo posted:

I am thrilled now more than ever that I gave up on Supercard months ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happitoo posted:

For those that haven't seen it - Season 2 is coming! Meaning all your season 1 cards are invalid and can only be used in season 1 exhibition & KOTR. Only season 2 cards can be used in coming events. But don't fret, you can trade your legendary and up cards in for super & ultra rare cards! And the best news of all, no more pros from events! Instead they'll be spread out to give the levels room to breathe! (So like Ring Domination every week).

On the bright side I had really been cutting down my play to only RTG so cutting it out entirely isn't a big loss.

Just lmbo if you played this more than twice before figuring out it has no gameplay and exists only to suck money from you and deleted it from your phone/tablet.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Lady Naga posted:

visual novel maker

is code for Adobe Flash.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

is code for Adobe Flash.

Nah there are tons of generic visual novel programs out there and that's definitely one of them, literally none of those assets besides MSPaint John Cena are original.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Road Warrior Hawk ODed and Big John Studd main evented the 1990 Starrcade.

TEW brings about some grim realities

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lodin posted:

First thing I hear is "wow i can't believe this game is only 5fps" and i exited out

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kC_HEfQ2io

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Nah there are tons of generic visual novel programs out there and that's definitely one of them, literally none of those assets besides MSPaint John Cena are original.

Please tell me this is an elaborate joke.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

Please tell me this is an elaborate joke.

What?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I was kidding, it's just a really horrible thing to hear that not only is there an RPG Maker for visual novels that the spergs who use it are also just as loving lazy and release games that are literally the stock assets and some custom things that weren't well made.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

I was kidding, it's just a really horrible thing to hear that not only is there an RPG Maker for visual novels that the spergs who use it are also just as loving lazy and release games that are literally the stock assets and some custom things that weren't well made.

When Hatoful Boyfriend became an internet sensation everybody wanted to try their hand at making joke visual novels, so now there's a million loving games made with generic assets and half-remembered anime tropes but ha ha it's ironic so we're all in on the joke!!!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It's been too long since we speculated on cool CAW announcer names. Remember when we had RABID WOLVERINE: BOY KILLER and GHOST GEORGE WASHINGTON?

From WWE 2k12:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
HOOD BURGLAR

PATRIOTIC HOOD BURGLAR KILLER

BAD GOD

PRO WRESTLER

SOVIET SENATOR BERNIE

WILLIAM WILLIAMSON WILLIAMS & "GOLDEN" GOLD GOLDMAN

JAPANESE FRENCHMAN

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 19, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Golden Bee posted:

PATRIOTIC HOOD BURGLAR KILLER

You have a George Zimmerman CAW?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I always enjoyed VGCW's Wii Fit Trainer coming out to MS. VIRTUAL MUSCLE MASTER

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ultimate Crack Smoking Warlock was I think from WWE 13.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
It's weird that British and Dog but not Bull so you have to fudge it.
THE BRITISH BILL DOG
Edit; DAVID BOY SMITH

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

It looks like 2k16 has contextual dirty pins too:

http://youtu.be/eij9YdsHVTc

Also the CAWs have actual beard options now (like huge 3D Daniel Bryan beards) and clothing parts can be given textures like matte, metallic, etc.

Weren't dirty pins in the game like 5 years ago? It's funny seeing "new features" added that the game had in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

For anyone who cares about their pinball machine, they are apparently giving out a "Total Divas" alternate translite with a purchase. Kind of weird to see them mixing Total Divas into that machine.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10153527266534244:0