Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Feenix posted:

I really like it!

Thanks! I got another one:

(the cover was also made in ios)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

z3ta is like $20, and Sunrizer like $3, so I got the latter now. I'm still not really clear on how to implement microtonal with Sunrizer, I see people noting that you can do so, but it's not in the manual from the developer. This will take some digging; anyone already done this successfully?

Load some .scl files into it, same way as with thumbjam. Push the config button underneath the pitch bend wheel. Select Scale, select your scale.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I got a QuNexus and am overall really pleased with it, though I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface on using its capabilities. It's pretty dang compact and very durable, have no problem carrying it in a small satchel with a tablet. Yesterday I was on a plane for a few hours and was messing around with some melodies by just plugging it into my phone and listening through earphones.

I got one a few months ago as well, and I really like it. Works great with either ipad or my laptop, and I like the feel of the pads. Playing iOS synths is a LOT more fun with a real, velocity sensitive interface to use.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone else using iVoxel? I've been having tons of fun pretending to be Imogen Heap lately.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Hey everyone a giant update to my synth TC-11 is out now! $5 off for a bit.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tc-11/id488577050?mt=8

Some new patch demos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKPbryPrRJ8

Here I pretend I am a rock star:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEOGJrNnrQ

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh this is delightful.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
What's the closest thing to Audacity on the iPad? Is it still Hokusai or whatever?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

For what purpose?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Editing MS-20 samples before I send them to Cubasis' drum machine, basically. Something that automatically truncates silences would be swell.

e: I know Audioshare more or less does the trick and it's what I'm using now but it can be a bit annoying to get it right.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Also holy poo poo how can DM1's MIDI Clock sync be *this* loving bad? It's recieving clock from my Analog Four and it's fast by like 2%. You're a drum machine, recieving clock is your primary job.

Think I may be stuck using Beatmaker :gonk:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

I realize it's mostly a continuous pitch thing, but Imma ask you for the same thing I ask all iOS synth makers for, scala file tuning support, please.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Sizone posted:

I realize it's mostly a continuous pitch thing, but Imma ask you for the same thing I ask all iOS synth makers for, scala file tuning support, please.

Actually now there's quick tuning built into the oscillators. I'll look into scala support.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

This thing looks amazing! Also kudos for charging an actual price for it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/catsynth-the-app!/id959187868?mt=8

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Nice

Dr. Klas
Sep 30, 2005
Operating.....done!
Has anyone here had the chance to try Bias fx yet? To me it looks really interesting, but I'll probably wait until the price drops (if it ever does?). Bias is seriously good but to me the effects in JamUp is lacking and this would fix that issue. My biggest worry is whether the iPad starts hitting its memory limit when using it?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Dr. Klas posted:

Has anyone here had the chance to try Bias fx yet? To me it looks really interesting, but I'll probably wait until the price drops (if it ever does?). Bias is seriously good but to me the effects in JamUp is lacking and this would fix that issue. My biggest worry is whether the iPad starts hitting its memory limit when using it?

If it's like the amp effects, the price will drop in a couple of weeks. I've tried most of the guitar effects apps and I like the tone of Ampkit(well the one I've made); however, Bias's amps are really nice and I've used them to run ampkit effects through.

I've wanted to try the Adrian Belew sponsored effects app but I feel it would just be another app I don't use.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
For the guitar people... Amplitube for iPhone and iPad is free this week. I haven't been using the Free version much since I got the Positive Grid stuff (Still haven't tried the effects though). I got JamUp when it was on sale, and have alerts set up to know when that happens.

If you have an iRig Amplitube Free version unlocks some stuff for you when you sign in, so I don't know what more the full version gives you. There always seems to be more IAP for these things.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Finally broke down and picked up Polysix for the iPad. Doesn't sound anywhere near as nice as it does in the legacy collection. Also miffed that korg released an M1 simulator. I bought the one for the 3ds like, 2 weeks ago. Couldn't they have released the ios one a few weeks earlier, or not done a price drop on the 3ds one?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but is there an android app that captures audio from other apps? My pc carked it and i still need to produce!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

TC-Performer released - free / 'lite' version of TC-11 you can play on your phone / iPad. If you haven't bought TC-11 yet (what is wrong with you) you can try it out here. Or if you still don't want to take out a second mortgage to get TC-11, you can buy patch packs on the cheap with TC-Performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMYbKWt1z8

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Also tell your friends to download it too. And your nieces and nephews. Can never start the love of resonating pulse waves too young, I always say.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
I have an ipad 3 running 7.0.x. I have Animoog, Thor, Nave, Funkbox, iMS20 and Magellan. Since 7.1 is off the table, is it safe to upgrade to 8.x by now? I'm tired of being unable to install anything because it most stuff requires at least 7.1.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I can't think of anything that's still broken in 8 that lots of people use. Filtatron was the last thing I can think of and that was fixed a couple of months ago.

I've run everything you listed on 8, on an iPad Air.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I've used most things in 8 and never had an issue

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
spacewiz is broken in 8. rudess will not return my emails

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Sizone posted:

spacewiz is broken in 8. rudess will not return my emails

He's too busy demoing other people's apps.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

lord funk posted:

TC-Performer released - free / 'lite' version of TC-11 you can play on your phone / iPad. If you haven't bought TC-11 yet (what is wrong with you) you can try it out here. Or if you still don't want to take out a second mortgage to get TC-11, you can buy patch packs on the cheap with TC-Performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMYbKWt1z8

I just downloaded this and found Tc-11 afterward. Expect some cash soon. If you keep making apps I'll keep buying them.

Samplr was the first iPad music app I really really dug because of its less traditional interface, and you've pulled off a similar feat. It's dumb having virtual knobs and poo poo when you're using a huge xy pad, and I find that I click* really well with the less traditional organization or workflow. loving good work man.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I just downloaded this and found Tc-11 afterward. Expect some cash soon. If you keep making apps I'll keep buying them.

Samplr was the first iPad music app I really really dug because of its less traditional interface, and you've pulled off a similar feat. It's dumb having virtual knobs and poo poo when you're using a huge xy pad, and I find that I click* really well with the less traditional organization or workflow. loving good work man.

:cheers: Thanks! I'm always happy when you all get what I'm going for. I get really irritated with a screen full of knobs and a little 14-key keyboard, and that has become 99% of all the music apps out there.

I'm also happy to be working on some brand new concepts, so keep an eye out for those in 2016.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Do I want to get a copy of Korg Gadget? It's on sale, but 30$ is still kind of a lot for something I know I'll never use. How is it for entering triplets?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It goes up to 1/32 triplets and is really easy to use. Gadget is like if you took Figure and made a huge, workable app out of it.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Gadget is the best music app on iOS, bar none.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Tayter Swift posted:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

This cannot be overstated.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Will you guys give me my 30$ back if you're wrong?

e: let me put it this way, have you Gadget proponents made any music with it?

Sizone fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 17, 2015

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Sizone posted:

Will you guys give me my 30$ back if you're wrong?

e: let me put it this way, have you Gadget proponents made any music with it?

If you can't accept he testimonials above I don't know what to say

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Since I currently rely pretty much 100% on NanoStudio and am looking so much forward to NS2 I decided to shoot Matt Borstel an email and ask if it'll be possible to import NS projects directly into NS2 and have them be more or less ready to go right off the bat. Apparently this won't be the case, unfortunately, but it's because NS2 will be such a massive overhaul of the original app. There will be support for audio tracks and stuff, though, so at least you can transition to NS2 in steps.

Just a heads-up for peeps using NS :)

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 17, 2015

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
So Gadget is pretty cool but it doesn't do anything with external instruments / MIDI, right?

Because I really like Auxy's MIDI editor. And I'd love to be able to wire in some stuff from TC-11. Or whatever.

Basically my problem is that I have all these great music apps on my iPad that aren't Gadget, and most of them have crap MIDI editors (ThumbJam is neat but I'm a little bit more meticulous about my music making still) ...

I'm thinking Cubasis might not be a terrible buy, but I'm noticing that I keep acquiring new music apps but no new music is actually being made with them.

Basically I want something that will replace my OP-1 (which got stolen). It had a surprisingly nice MIDI sequencer in it. I'm looking for something I can have with me at Burning Man and actually make music with.

This may just be a pipe dream for the next couple years, but I'm really looking forward to the rumored 12-inch iPad.

edit: I've also tried Nanostudio but it doesn't have audio tracks and I'd really like to get some practice just hacking audio. Also, bouncing things down to audio means I don't have to keep the synths I'm sampling running...

edit 2: Also, anyone have good suggestions for a portable controller, about the size of the iPad itself?

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 17, 2015

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
What Gadget excels at is as a prototyping tool. It's real easy to fire it up, get an appropriate synth, make a tune and see if it works. Then you can flesh it out, and export the midi into a DAW that'll let you use more complex synths and effects if necessary.

You're right though, it doesn't handle external instruments on its own.

Here's a tune I spent a few days making in Gadget. I exported it to Cubasis and even laid down the bass on my Analog Four but :effort: on the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm a crazy weirdo who bought into the indiegogo for the Boho Guitar.

What's the best:

1) ipad /iphone app that adds filters to pass through to an amp.

2) ipad/phone app that IS the amp or whatever?

Thanks!

• Locked thread