Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing the chalice dungeons because my dorms IT is letting my console connect in the morning. Beat watch dog that was a cool fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have any ritual blood so I guess I'll beat my head against T1R

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
One day I will play the DS1 dlc.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's great

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

I don't have any ritual blood so I guess I'll beat my head against T1R

you wont be beating your head for long

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Depth four chalice is already pretty rough. Its hilarious opening a door and having 10 summoned spiders rush you while you desperately sprint around and search for bell ladies. I'm excited about d5

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Abhorrent beast is not loving around

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
He's got thst stretch Armstrong arm punch

It'll gently caress you up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Does anyone know who directed the kings field series? it wasnt miyazaki was it ?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
additionally, has anyone played armoured core? wots it like

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Does anyone know who directed the kings field series? it wasnt miyazaki was it ?

Miyazaki was a programmer on armored core before he sort of usurped the demons souls project

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

Armored Core is fun but I don't really think it stands up that well to time, especially compared to Souls.

You are a mercenary building your own Gundam and doing missions and gladiator fights, basically.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I played the poo poo outta armored core when I was 13 or w.e...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This defiled chalice might actually break me.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

its p much the hardest thing youll do. even most of the randomly generated depth 5 dungeons are easier. stay strong gamer

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Definitely the hardest thing you will do, bosses in the depth 5 Pthumeru I only died on like once if at all (I got too greedy with 3 hits left on the last one). That dog though, that loving diamond dog bastard. Something about him and my playstyle did not work. He took so much. But when I beat him, I didn't cheese him, I didn't get lucky. I fought him one on one, and I defeated him.

You got this. If I made it, you can too.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

its p much the hardest thing youll do. even most of the randomly generated depth 5 dungeons are easier. stay strong gamer

the cursed deth 5 root chalices are harder especially if u get pthumerian descendant or loran darkbeast or something.

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

ive only played 4 and for answer but they're pretty different than __ souls. everything that isnt trash enemies is either fast as hell and flying all the hell around and expects you to do the same or enormous and requires you to pick out vulnerable parts and gameplay is in short bursts where you perform a specific goal instead of generally exploring an area. you're also graded on missions instead of it being a pass/fail kind of thing so the method of how you do things (not getting hit and not spending ammo is generally far better than doing both of those) matters a lot

its pretty hard to describe in comparison, they're more unalike than alike

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the Miyazaki AC games are very fast-paced and you can end missions in under 5 minutes in FA and AC4.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

You can do it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sprint to the levers. Visceral the first boss to death. Dodge left and get hits in on second boss. Circle last boss counter clockwise and get hits on head when she swipes with three right arms and arm slams. In the last phase, get behind her and beat her tail and legs. When she jumps, don't move and you won't get hit. Repeat. Win.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

you wont be beating your head for long

But I have been. I'd love to summon help but psn has been acting up. I don't wanna be a tool and ask anyone here for help but if psn starts working again I'd love to

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

But I have been. I'd love to summon help but psn has been acting up. I don't wanna be a tool and ask anyone here for help but if psn starts working again I'd love to

I'm benny_dorian add me & I will help you defeat this monstrosity

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I'm benny_dorian add me & I will help you defeat this monstrosity

Thanks, my psn is still down and it looks like it's out for a lot of people. Add you when I can

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Sprint to the levers. Visceral the first boss to death. Dodge left and get hits in on second boss. Circle last boss counter clockwise and get hits on head when she swipes with three right arms and arm slams. In the last phase, get behind her and beat her tail and legs. When she jumps, don't move and you won't get hit. Repeat. Win.

Watcher was difficult but watchdog is wrecking me. I'm baiting the bite to my right and dodging left but I'm barely doing damage and half the time he follows with another bite that kills me

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Benny D posted:

Watcher was difficult but watchdog is wrecking me. I'm baiting the bite to my right and dodging left but I'm barely doing damage and half the time he follows with another bite that kills me

I had a really hard time with the dodging left/get some hits on the body/get out. I ended up like when he would bite to the side, clock his head a good one when he was moving it back. If he started doing the vomit thing though, I could get it for a full on charge attack, which would usually interrupt him and I could get another one in, then run like hell before he stomped around. Later on, baiting his like head-spear move could get you some hits too.

e: Yes, this took patience
e2: has INRI or someone posted a video of them murdering it?

Flying Squirrel fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 18, 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh my god I forgot it was watchdog. I was thinking abhorrent.

Beat his face when he bites. If he shakes his head after a bite, he's going to double back and bite again. Avoid.

The hardest thing was finding his charge tell when he pulls back from a bite.

Eventually if you keep hitting his head it'll crack and you'll start doing insane damage. Like I think I went from 300->1000

Here's my run at him when I got my uncanny. I think I only get hit once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7PNRPgRPKA

Oh yeah wear fire armor. Charred hunter gear or bone ash. Should be able to take at least one hit in defiled. Ideally don't get hit though.

He took me a while. So did amy.

Edit: I get caught by his flame bites he dishes out when he bloody his head. I knew I wouldn't die from it tho

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 18, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt know about the headcracking thing. you can also break each of his legs for a ton of free hits, but he'll always get up and do a big AOE so watch for that

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hitting the head is infinitely less fun than dodging through bites and smashing legs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Flying Squirrel posted:

I had a really hard time with the dodging left/get some hits on the body/get out. I ended up like when he would bite to the side, clock his head a good one when he was moving it back. If he started doing the vomit thing though, I could get it for a full on charge attack, which would usually interrupt him and I could get another one in, then run like hell before he stomped around. Later on, baiting his like head-spear move could get you some hits too.

e: Yes, this took patience
e2: has INRI or someone posted a video of them murdering it?

not yet but i think i have a char there ... so ill record 1 later.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

hitting the head is infinitely less fun than dodging through bites and smashing legs

this is basically how i fight it

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

This is pretty much what I was trying to say. As far as it being more boring...I just wasn't good enough to do all that ducking and weaving to hit legs without loving it up, since you don't really have a margin for error.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

not yet but i think i have a char there ... so ill record 1 later.

ok i dont think i do , but if anyone can find a glyph with it in a cursed depth 4 or 5 dungeon or whaetever then post it and ill fight it and record it

edit: nvm i do

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 18, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
heres me showing how i do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr0NIld1Gjg

the aoe always gets me tho. it hits up to 3 times so you cant just dodge through it. as far as i can tell, if youre not on the other side of the room when he does it then its best to just stand there and take it so you dont get counter hit

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Man, now I want to go fight him again.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the butt is always the waekness

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

the aoe always gets me tho. it hits up to 3 times so you cant just dodge through it. as far as i can tell, if youre not on the other side of the room when he does it then its best to just stand there and take it so you dont get counter hit

yeah thats the poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I.N.R.I posted:

drat those claws :captainpop:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre not very good for that fight TBH. ludwigs or kirkhammer probly finish the fight a minute faster cos of the stun. you probably wont need to wait til he pukes lava to get enough hits in to stagger him with those. but thats the only weapon i have upgraded on that characer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy