Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

SystemLogoff posted:

What is the duck cake recipe? It looks interesting and I want to know what's holding everything together.

Turns out its skewers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Zanael posted:

Ethiopian food is the worst restaurant experience I've ever had. And I supposedly went to "The Best Ethiopian Restaurant In Paris", to this day I still think I was being trolled.

Which one (if you remember)? I've had great Ethiopian in Paris.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's lunch for one, though. I would eat that right up.

There's less meat in that than the average McDonalds hamburger though! If I ate that, I'd still be hungry!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Gridlocked posted:

YEEEES THATS THE BOOK THATS IT EXACTLY

We also had that book, I thought it looked familiar, confirmed once I saw the train and front cover.

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010

Mettigel spotted!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

What's the big '30' made off? I can't see anything but grey meatloaf topped with lovely cheese but that can't be right.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

rotoscoped posted:

Mettigel spotted!

I love eating raw beef all the time but I wasn't aware people were eating raw pork in Germany! After checking on the net it seems that even here raw pork is now considered safe for consumption by the authorities. I'll have to try to see if it's tasty.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

EorayMel posted:

What do you see?
:dong:

What does that say about me? :ohdear:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

My Lovely Horse posted:

:dong:

What does that say about me? :ohdear:

click here to learn more

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Crow Jane posted:

Buffets are like a field trip, your should always use the buddy system. What if you eat so much you can't walk, and need someone to roll you out the door?

I tried this with my friend, and it just ended up with us sitting on the steps outside the sushi place for 45 minutes.

subpar anachronism posted:

What's the big '30' made off? I can't see anything but grey meatloaf topped with lovely cheese but that can't be right.

I think that's exactly what that is

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

cash crab posted:

I tried this with my friend, and it just ended up with us sitting on the steps outside the sushi place for 45 minutes.

Sounds like we need to hit up African Palace someday. You sound like my kind of dinner date.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

subpar anachronism posted:

bread topped with poppy seed and cheese

looks like the most edible part of the spread

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Sounds like we need to hit up African Palace someday. You sound like my kind of dinner date.

:gonk: I looked it up. I have never been so upset to be poor as I am right now.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

Time to fire up the old resume machine then

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

cash crab posted:

Same. But the place is cheap as hell (something like 15-20 a person last time I went) so definitely jump in on it. Hell, for Goon's sake I'd pay your share when I get paid if you listen to me screech about how much I hate working in game development.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I love eating raw beef all the time but I wasn't aware people were eating raw pork in Germany! After checking on the net it seems that even here raw pork is now considered safe for consumption by the authorities. I'll have to try to see if it's tasty.

it's delicious on good bread

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Please do not eat raw meat.

Both for your own healthy and the health of anyone in the room with you when you slam out a disgusting raw meat digestion fart.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I would eat the hell out of that cheeseball-olive porcupine. And the raw porcupine. And really everything on that table.

So that pool cake-- why is the jelly topping thing green instead of blue? I'm guessing they used mint jelly but blue jelly frosting water would go a long way to make that look edible.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Aug 18, 2015

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Ethiopian food is great, but every time I have it, that one tapeworm article in the last thread always comes to mind, no matter how convinced I am of the safety of the place I eat at. A shame, since it's so good (even if my spice tolerance is abysmal).

You should train yourself to make your spice tolerance Abyssinial.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Scathach posted:

I would eat the hell out of that cheeseball-olive porcupine. And the raw porcupine. And really everything on that table.

So that pool cake-- why is the jelly topping thing green instead of blue? I'm guessing they used mint jelly but blue jelly frosting water would go a long way to make that look edible.

Ah yes, blue, the colour of literally nothing edible in nature.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dabir posted:

Ah yes, blue, the colour of literally nothing edible in nature.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Green makes me think of a neglected, algae-filled pool. No one wants a neglected, algae-filled cake.

And there are plenty of blue animals I'm sure taste delicious.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Aug 18, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Oh man I forgot about Chip Ducky. gently caress I wish I still had this book.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Gridlocked posted:

Oh man I forgot about Chip Ducky. gently caress I wish I still had this book.

Some lardass is going to see a picture of this and try to make it out of pure butter.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

tribbledirigible posted:

Some lardass is going to see a picture of this and try to make it out of pure butter.

That's what I thought it was made of when I was a kid :v: I didn't understand how there was yellow icing so someone must have made whipped butter and used it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

These are most definitely not blue.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

These are most definitely not blue.

Oh, picky. Here are some more-blue blue potatoes.

And some araucana eggs:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Aug 18, 2015

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Blueberries are just pretenders to the indigo throne.

Also, I hate them. It's an extremely rare blueberry that doesn't taste musty and gross.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Scathach posted:

And some araucana eggs:

:3:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I miss having chickens and oddly-colored eggs.

Hey more blue food! Swedish bilberries, indigo milk cap, and lingcod which definitely fits the thread. Lingcod looks like a spooky "would."

E: Back to terrifying food!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Aug 18, 2015

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Please do not eat raw meat.

Both for your own healthy and the health of anyone in the room with you when you slam out a disgusting raw meat digestion fart.
Martino sandwich. Preparé Americain (raw minced beef with mayo, mustard and spices) with hot sauce- usually also comes with raw onion and pickles. You can get it 'smos', with sliced eggs, tomato, salad, mayo. The sandwich shop near my place makes it with hot sauce, anchovy,dried tomato, parmesan, aurugula, raw onion and pickles. It's so good.

Filet americain / steak tartare

Minced or finely chopped raw beef with onions, spices and capers.

E: poo poo, now I really want one of that shop's Martino's.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Aug 18, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Only eat cooked meat. Well done.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Only eat cooked meat. Well done.
No

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blech.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Aw. You... you at least like sushi, right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Another blue food for the pile.

• Locked thread