Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The only thing I didn't thoroughly enjoy at Trader Sams was the check at the end.

:homebrew:

It was also quite a bit smaller than I expected, which is both a plus and a minus, depending on what you're looking for, exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Bob Iger just announced officially that Star Wars Land is coming to Hollywood Studios....and Disneyland. Largest Theme Park Expansion in history. 14 acres of Star Wars on each coast

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Bob Iger just announced officially that Star Wars Land is coming to Hollywood Studios....and Disneyland. Largest Theme Park Expansion in history. 14 acres of Star Wars on each coast

YESSSSSSSSS

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Two rides including one that puts you behind the controls of the Millennium Falcon...

There should be more info coming at the Parks and Resorts presentation later, but thank god.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'd be fine if a line just had a Millenium Falcon to walkthrough.

Hell, I'd be fine if it was just a tiny walkthrough attraction with nothing else to it.

Also, and this is a given, but we need the Cantina. Go full on Chuck E. Cheese with an animatronic band.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If their haste in these additions is on par with Avatar Land, this might take awhile...

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

OT Trench Run PLEASE

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Toy Story land coming to Hollywood Studios.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Come on, throw Wreck It Ralph some love too.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Still holding out hope for a Wreck It Ralph themed revival of DisneyQuest :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

couldcareless posted:

Only if Ralph plays Double Dribble.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All this poo poo looks cool (Toy Story, Star Wars, Avatar), but you know what the real moneymaker will be right?

That expansion of Norway that makes it into Frozenland!

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
The Star Wars expansions that were announced today were pretty exciting. If I would have been given a single Star Wars themed wish way back when, having theme park additions at Disney would have been #1. Now that's happening.

I don't even care right now that Frozen is going to ruin Epcot, because loving STAR WARS.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

couldcareless posted:

Arcades have been dead since, well, right after they built it. The place hasn't changed since 1999. I'm going to miss the Buzz Lightyear cars that shoot volleyballs at each other.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

couldcareless posted:

Yeah the replacement NBA restaurant squashes any notion of that ever happening.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

If Toy Story land is like Paris / Hong Kong, I'm so sorry

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Nah. The slinky ride looks like it'll be a legitimate coaster (using the Mine Train cars it looked like. They were swaying.) and the Claw ride sounds like it may be similar to the revamp of Luigi's Flying Tires. None of the rides found in the other Toy Story lands look like they're making it, which I had been hearing RC racer was.

Most of my feed is just folks whining about how Star Wars Land "doesn't fit in Disneyland". gently caress those people, I'm flying the Falcon.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm hoping that Hyperspace Mountain overlay gets pushed forward to match with my trip in December.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I feel bad because none of this sounds even remotely interesting to me. I'm even kinda leery about "a cantina like you've never seen before". What're you guys gonna do to ruin something so simple? Make Jarjar welcome you to it?

Though primarily I"m gagging because we're getting Pirates 5. Please stop. Pretty please? It's dead and buried.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
But but but ORLANDO BLOOM

:v:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I was at a wedding while all this info was coming out and was freaking out. So so happy. Only thing I wish we got was a time table.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I don't expect the fully revamped Hollywood Studios to be open until 2020.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't expect the fully revamped Hollywood Studios to be open until 2020.

The downside of all the park expansion news is that I almost don't want to renew my annual passes for a couple of years. Sounds like nothing is going to be up and running fully until between 2018-20

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Construction for Pandora began last year and is set to open in 2017, so 3 years of actual construction and testing. I'd imagine Star Wars and Toy Story each taking a similar amount of time once ground is broken. So yeah, even if they started literally right now you probably wouldn't see anything open until 2018 at the earliest.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hulk at Universal is going down for a year also starting September 8 >:(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Wife just got back from the AK employee event. They got to ride Everest with the lights on (and could see the Yeti again, albeit in a frozen state).

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

Wife just got back from the AK employee event. They got to ride Everest with the lights on (and could see the Yeti again, albeit in a frozen state).

Was it scary? Was the yeti cool? I feel like I saw it with the yeti working once, but that was *right* as it first opened. That poo poo was terrifying.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Abu Dave posted:

Hulk at Universal is going down for a year also starting September 8 >:(

What?!?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ya, they are redoing the story line and making some changes to the cars on the ride.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Dates I've heard (via local construction talk). Star Wars not fully complete until fall 2021 (parts may open a year or so early). Disneyland will probably get it first. The new Toy Story area around 2018. Modern Disney World likes to space out construction to fit in fiscal years and not blow budgets, and this tends to make it take longer than normal. But Frozen and new film at Soarin next year (Frozen is going to be a cluster as capacity for that ride is the lowest in Epcot) Pandora the world of Avatar at Animal Kingdom in 2017, although the boat ride may not open up with the land. And the Rivers of Light nighttime show at Animal Kingdom.

The Hulk at Islands of Adventure is going down for a major refurb starting Sep 8th, and will come back up around May (Roughly the same time King Kong opens up) -- It's staying Hulk, but it's going to be redone potter with level theming (new queue and full A/C enclosed), new trains, new launch system, portions of the track reworked -- back half of the ride in particular, (After Hulk is done expect other parts of Marvel to get upgraded/replaced as well, Dr. Doom is probably next after Hulk is done and that may wind up turning into Avengers and a completely different ride) Universal has more big things coming up that really haven't been talked about yet. (Nintendo is only a part of it)

Atricks fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 17, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Was it scary? Was the yeti cool? I feel like I saw it with the yeti working once, but that was *right* as it first opened. That poo poo was terrifying.

Pretty sure the Yeti worked only like the first month of the ride being opened.

Yeah looking it up its only been in "a-mode" for a few months after opening. It's been on "b-mode" ever since and tbh I don't think it'll ever be working.

Joe Rohde has sworn to fix the Yeti one day but its not something that could happen from one day to the next sadly.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

She said everyone turned around to see during the backwards part. The yeti was just frozen in his arms up position, she said they should add a flashing light during that part of the ride to at least show people a glimpse, even if he's not moving.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Wishful thinking, but I wonder how long it'll take to build Star Wars Launch Bay. I've got 31 days. Get to work, Disney!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atricks posted:

Dates I've heard (via local construction talk). Star Wars not fully complete until fall 2021 (parts may open a year or so early). Disneyland will probably get it first. The new Toy Story area around 2018. Modern Disney World likes to space out construction to fit in fiscal years and not blow budgets, and this tends to make it take longer than normal. But Frozen and new film at Soarin next year (Frozen is going to be a cluster as capacity for that ride is the lowest in Epcot) Pandora the world of Avatar at Animal Kingdom in 2017, although the boat ride may not open up with the land. And the Rivers of Light nighttime show at Animal Kingdom.

The Hulk at Islands of Adventure is going down for a major refurb starting Sep 8th, and will come back up around May (Roughly the same time King Kong opens up) -- It's staying Hulk, but it's going to be redone potter with level theming (new queue and full A/C enclosed), new trains, new launch system, portions of the track reworked -- back half of the ride in particular, (After Hulk is done expect other parts of Marvel to get upgraded/replaced as well, Dr. Doom is probably next after Hulk is done and that may wind up turning into Avengers and a completely different ride) Universal has more big things coming up that really haven't been talked about yet. (Nintendo is only a part of it)

Avatarland has had more than enough time to get it's poo poo in order to have everything open for the opening day of the land. People are gonna be displeased if anything isn't up to snuff.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Atricks posted:

Dr. Doom is probably next after Hulk is done and that may wind up turning into Avengers and a completely different ride)

Didn't the deal with Disney for the Marvel purchase restrict Avengers (or at least MCU) theme park stuff to Disney parks?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Atricks posted:

But Frozen and new film at Soarin next year (Frozen is going to be a cluster as capacity for that ride is the lowest in Epcot) Pandora the world of Avatar at Animal Kingdom in 2017, although the boat ride may not open up with the land.

Is the Frozen ride just a re-theme of Maelstrom, or a completely new ride?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

New and expanded. much larger, so not a reskin.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

chitoryu12 posted:

Didn't the deal with Disney for the Marvel purchase restrict Avengers (or at least MCU) theme park stuff to Disney parks?

Not from anything I've read. Universal has the rights to the majority of Marvel characters for theme park stuff on the east coast side of the country, and especially within 60 miles of Orlando. Hulk has been back under Marvel's control and in the MCU since the 2008 flick and following Avenger movies.

TIGER HOODZ
Aug 3, 2009

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
Is avatar even relevant anymore? Why are they making a whole park

TIGER HOODZ fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

TIGER HOODZ posted:

Is avatar even relevant anymore? Why are they making a whole park
Avatar is literally the biggest hit film of all time, and the sequel is coming out in December 2017.

The property may not have much buzz right now, but I can't imagine it won't be huge.