Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

so does someone, like, have to purposefully add these one by one to the local wifi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's a suppository you stick up your rear end and integrate with bezos directly

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

gonna steal the button from someone elses house and just order them severe quantities of toilet paper while they're on holiday.

imagine those in a house with kids

remember when peoples kids were racking up charges because kindle fires had one-click ordering turned on with no password requirement or parental controls

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

triple sulk posted:

it's a suppository you stick up your rear end and integrate with bezos directly

purposefully and one by one. i see, thanks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
and rather predictably, the heavy metal toxicity comes from the rice protein that can only be sourced from china

because of course it is

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Smythe posted:

Gatoraid is fail. Municipal tap water is the only non booze or beer drink that's morally acceptable. Sometimes some ginger ale is acceptable, but only on occasion.

ginger beer is good

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I think one of the most distasteful things I heard was their regards for people getting married at their hop farm in Independence, OR. I heard, on conference calls and in e-mails, Jack be extraordinarily dismissive of people having weddings there. He regarded them as fools, saying something along the lines of "What kind of loving idiot wants to get married on a hop farm?" and then would laugh about taking their money. These were people who were excited about his brand and he was mocking them and their choice for a wedding venue.

i'm with Jack on this one

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

ginger beer is good

actually,

it's extremely good

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Also this is in µg/serving not µg/kg. Doesn't that mean that they're really hilariously close to the US' already-higher-than-international-standards 10 µg/kg limit?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

FormatAmerica posted:

Also this is in µg/serving not µg/kg. Doesn't that mean that they're really hilariously close to the US' already-higher-than-international-standards 10 µg/kg limit?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xS8bAQKZoksJfONrEb1N_kFD5Sp-0W-TOJBOJQyLJk8/

they provide a spreadsheet where you can see how they carefully selected their comparison meals. but the graph is prettier and the spreadsheet is a mess of numbers that no one will talk about.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Mulva posted:

If you drink Gatorade all the time they're not bad idea.

i feel like the gatorade one is for those sports moms who have to provide drinks for the entire team of kids every week or month or whatever

of course they should still be buying that poo poo in bulk at costco or something but given the terrible culture we live in, i could definitely see the point of that

and i still think some of them could be moderately useful for the scatter brained. i often forget i'm out of something between noticing it and deciding to get on the computer. being able to hit a button in my bathroom and reorder TP when I'm low would be moderately convenient. wouldn't pay for it but if they gave it to me i'd give it a shot

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

there is plenty of good beer not made by infamous assholes

this is why I don't drink Rogue or Pyramid

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

mishaq posted:

my tap water tastes really bad

but i still drink it

activated charcoal filter, that's all you need

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Smythe posted:

Gatoraid is fail. Municipal tap water is the only non booze or beer drink that's morally acceptable. Sometimes some ginger ale is acceptable, but only on occasion.

coffee tea and also homemade ginger ale and lemonade

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i sometimes drink rogue dead guys because mainland china is a beer desert and i'll drink anything i can get my hands on

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

qirex posted:

my understanding is that something like gatorade is only necessary if you already have really low body fat and if you're exercising for over 60 minutes

I have a nasty fizzy water habit, maybe I should get a sodastream now that their factory isn't located on literal occupied land any more

more like 120 minutes really. the only good thing about gatorade is that you can drink your calories instead of eating them in the form of fruit or those godawful energy gels which give some people the shits. but there's not much money to be made there so marketing has made people think they need it if they had a particularly strenuous walk to the front door.

as for your fizzy water addiction if you don't mind the up front cost you should pick up a homebrewing kegging system. maybe off craigslist or something. sodastream charges ~$20 per pound for CO2 but you can get a 20lb cylinder filled for $25.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

mishaq posted:

my tap water tastes really bad

but i still drink it

i drink dc tap water and hope I end up like the frogs with the extra legs in the pamphlets the water company is legally required to send me, except with a second dick and this one isn't tiny

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

crusader_complex posted:

so does someone, like, have to purposefully add these one by one to the local wifi?

yes, you set it up and then associate it with the product

some people have found that if you go through setup but stop before assigning a product then you can repurpose them as wifi event logs with some scripting

press the button, the unit powers up and transmits the mac address out to the router, intercept the signal and then classify according to mac. basically a wireless counter

people have also figured out how to push code to the fucker, but nothing useful has been done yet

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

uninterrupted posted:

i drink dc tap water and hope I end up like the frogs with the extra legs in the pamphlets the water company is legally required to send me

wait what?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

uninterrupted posted:

i drink dc tap water and hope I end up like the frogs with the extra legs in the pamphlets the water company is legally required to send me, except with a second dick and this one isn't tiny

that doubledickeddude couldn't decide to pee outta one or the other so it was just both every time

sounds exhausting

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

duTrieux. posted:

yes, you set it up and then associate it with the product

some people have found that if you go through setup but stop before assigning a product then you can repurpose them as wifi event logs with some scripting

press the button, the unit powers up and transmits the mac address out to the router, intercept the signal and then classify according to mac. basically a wireless counter

people have also figured out how to push code to the fucker, but nothing useful has been done yet

someone should figure out how to have it shock an Amazon employee every time you push the button.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that doubledickeddude couldn't decide to pee outta one or the other so it was just both every time

sounds exhausting
*stares at camera*

"There's got to be a better way!"

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

actually haven't gotten one in years, but back in 08/09 there was some study that basically say "wow, the frogs in the Chesapeake are hosed up and the water company sent out pamphlets saying "we did our own studies and the frogs are marginally less hosed up than people say".

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

rogue_brewery.txt

They paid me $16.00/hr at a training rate, so it wasn't bad, but there weren't any real benefits to speak of and I was expected to be a company ambassador at weekend events without the expectation of compensation - as someone put it, "it's just part of the dues you pay to work here."

jesus

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

TerminalRaptor posted:

someone should figure out how to have it shock an Amazon employee every time you push the button.

idgi, why would you wan tto provide a welcome relief from their torment?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

eschaton posted:

this is why I don't drink Rogue or Pyramid
what's the story with pyramid? they kind of disappeared from around here a few years ago, but i never heard about a legendary rear end in a top hat owner

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

they are comparing soylent to fish products that pregnant women are typically advised never to eat under any circumstances

look guys we're only sorta bad compared to the worst things that are legal to sell in the united states!!!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
seriously don't eat fish

don't feed fish to children

and lol soylent

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

seriously don't eat fish

don't feed fish to children

and lol soylent

i like fish :(

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

it's good in small doses, but too expensive and hazardous to do regularly

much like visiting china

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i like eating fish and it's probably not even on the top 10 worst things i do to my own body

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

they are comparing soylent to fish products that pregnant women are typically advised never to eat under any circumstances

look guys we're only sorta bad compared to the worst things that are legal to sell in the united states!!!
srsly

even fish industry groups are like "fish is a once-in-a-while treat" because of all the mercury and other heavy metals they end up concentrating

meanwhile soylent is supposed to be your 21 times a week complete meal substitute

and again, i wonder what the big attraction of soylent is (apart from its name and "disruptive" nerd-flattering backstory) compared to something like ensure

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

soylent is flavorless nutrient paste from the future, ensure is for old people and the sick

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

soylent is flavorless nutrient paste from the future, ensure is for old people and the sick

also rectally feeding Guantanamo Bay detainees

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gatorade lifehack: buy powdered gatoraid and stir it into your tap water

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Gatorade lifehack: buy an electrolyte solution and use that in tap water for maximum hydration

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
lol tap water

yeah sure, i want to get aids

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
since you lose electrolytes from sweat i just lick my arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

i like eating fish and it's probably not even on the top 10 worst things i do to my own body

alton brown says that tuna or salmon no more than twice a week and that's good enough for me

• Locked thread