Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-2-record-breaker

Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker without the Atlus Tax at Groupon. $35.09 with Promo code EXTRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Manatee Cannon posted:

If you want to gun for a specific alignment ending, start thinking about it now. Neutral is kinda tough to get because you need to have a balance between Chaos and Law answers to alignment questions that are asked all throughout the game.

When are those questions asked? Are they the things the demons ask me? I thought those are just about convincing them to join you, which so far is annoyingly random and it'd be cool if there's an easier way to do that.

Currently I'm looking for that dbag in naraku, there was some chimera type boss before that that wrecked me until I found a demon with dia. Dying in like 2-3 hits is pretty rough.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No, demons asking you stuff in combat has nothing to do with your alignment. It's dialogue choices with NPCs outside of combat.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, demons asking you stuff in combat has nothing to do with your alignment. It's dialogue choices with NPCs outside of combat.

I gather the success of your answers while recruiting is basically random?

I'm very early in the game so I don't think I've even had a dialogue choice yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

cat doter posted:

I gather the success of your answers while recruiting is basically random?

I'm very early in the game so I don't think I've even had a dialogue choice yet.

Did you get your gauntlet yet

If you did, you already have.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chexoid posted:

let me tell you about a Really Good Character called Aigis...

Yes. Similar to Aigis, but everyone, and with less hooves.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Your idea is poo poo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

actually every character so far has had hooves

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ruggington posted:

Finally.... a good Persona game....

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Soejima has outdone himself once again by giving the cat hooves

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Excels posted:

Jesus gently caress, Fallout 4, MGSV, Xenoblade X, and now P5?? This is going to be a pretty busy Christmas

Witcher 3

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

that already came out and the diehards have already beaten it 100% i'm sure

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Excels posted:

that already came out and the diehards have already beaten it 100% i'm sure
The first expansion comes out on around Halloween and its supposed to be pretty sizable.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Honestly neutral in SMT4 is really only tough to get if you're meticulously minmaxing your answers to ensure you're neutral at all times because that's where you hit the 'come on are you making GBS threads me who designed this' spot. Pick what choices you want, if you're going for neutral, just wobble back and forth between your buddies and pick what you like if you can't tell for sure, and don't sweat it if you're one or the other for a while.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

The first expansion comes out on around Halloween and its supposed to be pretty sizable.

The two expansions combined are supposed to be about as big as the entirety of The Witcher 2

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just realized Persona 4 is basically a shitter version of Paranoia Agent.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Shadowrun Hong Kong, Tales of Zesteria, Dragonquest Heroes, MGSV, Trails of Cold Steel (and maybe Tales SC even) and many many more. Considering we don't even have date for Japan, 2015 is somewhat dubious for Persona 5 but you never know, it may come toward end of December if they are almost wrapped up with localization.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I think we'll get SC in 2015; they just put up another blog post about it and didn't go back on the previous "before Cold Steel" statement which is also 2015 (they're already starting on the sequel).

I'm still really iffy on P5 being a 2015 title not in the sense that I don't believe that it'll release in 2015 but in the sense that they've probably super rushed it. Like, if they were working really closely with the dev team during development maybe not. But if that were the case you'd expect them to have been hyping up their worldwide or near-worldwide release and how amazing/new it is for them. As it is now/as they've presented things to the public it just feels like "gotta get them persona bucks this holiday season". Part of that outlook's probably just my becoming disillusioned in regards to atlus over the past few years, but at the same time I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's going to be KOTOR 2 with better waifu options.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Decus posted:

I think we'll get SC in 2015; they just put up another blog post about it and didn't go back on the previous "before Cold Steel" statement which is also 2015 (they're already starting on the sequel).

I'm still really iffy on P5 being a 2015 title not in the sense that I don't believe that it'll release in 2015 but in the sense that they've probably super rushed it. Like, if they were working really closely with the dev team during development maybe not. But if that were the case you'd expect them to have been hyping up their worldwide or near-worldwide release and how amazing/new it is for them. As it is now/as they've presented things to the public it just feels like "gotta get them persona bucks this holiday season". Part of that outlook's probably just my becoming disillusioned in regards to atlus over the past few years, but at the same time I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Eh, I'm not terribly worried, P4 came out of basically nowhere too and that was pretty much fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tired Moritz posted:

But in Persona 4 the killer is actually real

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

It is also a shittier version of Diamond in Unbreakable.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

neongrey posted:

Eh, I'm not terribly worried, P4 came out of basically nowhere too and that was pretty much fine.

Persona 4 was cool because they knew the PS3 was a thing and still chose to release it on PS2 instead of delaying it to use the fancier graphics. Although I might be in the minority who thought the misty bloom effect they added (to disguise it being last-gen) looked good and made sense since Inaba is apparently prone to a lot of misty weather.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Volt Catfish posted:

But in Persona 4 the killer is actually real

Dammit that's a spoiler for the other thing not the thing I thought, now I've gone an spoiled it :emo:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Excels posted:

Persona 4 was cool because they knew the PS3 was a thing and still chose to release it on PS2 instead of delaying it to use the fancier graphics. Although I might be in the minority who thought the misty bloom effect they added (to disguise it being last-gen) looked good and made sense since Inaba is apparently prone to a lot of misty weather.

Apparently?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Apparently?

It's what I've heard!

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dehry posted:

Atlus Tax

I swear to god, the next person who uses ATLUS Tax seriously...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's true though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Atlus Vat.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

We should all call it "The 50 Dollar 3DS Atlus Game Trend" or TFD3DSAGT

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Normie Slayer posted:

It is also a shittier version of Diamond in Unbreakable.

when you think about it, everything is a shittier version of Diamond is Unbreakable

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

cdyoung posted:

I swear to god, the next person who uses ATLUS Tax seriously...

What would you call it? It's the loving Atlus tax.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
ATLUS -> A SLUT

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It's actually the ATLUS PREMIUM

With that extra 10-20 dollars Atlus can put in even more waifus into their game. Adopt a Waifu today!

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Excels posted:

There weren't many PS3s sold in Japan at that point and a pretty good amount of them were backwards compatible anyway. It's a niche series in the west (even more so back then) so a PS3 version would have been a waste of money for sure.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I like paying a little extra and getting a nice box with a soundtrack and small art book.

I recognize I'm part of the problem.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

littleorv posted:

I'd call it the price of a translated game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

It's called the loving price of the game, you dipshit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ruggington posted:

My Little Persona!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Baal posted:

It's called the loving price of the game, you dipshit.

I'll fight you Baal