Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Video games in college are cool and all but there are so many other things to do that-- haha, who am I kidding, frag bods buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Studies and gaming work okay together as long as you realize that there are moments when you will have to hurt your gaming habits in order not to hurt your personal and/or academic wellbeing. I mean you can become a speaking dorito or whatever but there won't be much gaming once you have no health, money, and/or time to play.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
420 live a balanced life every day

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
jesus christ guys I wasn't suggesting you use all your time to study, I was suggesting you have a loving social life

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

real dilemma posted:

jesus christ guys I wasn't suggesting you use all your time to study, I was suggesting you have a loving social life

I don't think anybody actually misunderstood you

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

FetalDave posted:

I'd definitely get some Portillo's with lou.

Totally. Hit me up and we will eat a dog. It will be dope.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I attended gaming college

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pookum posted:

I attended gaming college

I did too, tightening up the graphics is hard work

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

my thesis was on right sided jiggle peeking

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

There was a year in college I didn't have internet in my apartment. I still played PS2/PC games in my apartment and torrented shows on campus, but it required some planning. That was a very good academic year.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

prom candy posted:

420 live a balanced life every day

The name "smoke weed in moderation" got me more hate than any other name for some reason. Potheads are supposed to be chill.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

BIG NORTH posted:

I have never ever ever received a drop from a tournament and I've been watching from the day they started doing them. Is there anything more to it than simply linking your steam to twitch and tuning in?

Keep in mind that barely a thousand drop during huge tournaments and there at 120,000 people watching at times.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

hello internet posted:

Keep in mind that barely a thousand drop during huge tournaments and there at 120,000 people watching at times.

better chances than opening a case, and worth more too.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kwilty posted:

better chances than opening a case, and worth more too.
You can also open them if you're dumb. Like me. I opened a Souvenir BS Cerberus, but still. Not worth it.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

real dilemma posted:

stop playing CS and also video games in general for the next 4 years, you'll thank me later

On the other hand my college experience was basically partying, :420:, and playing hours upon countless hours of high-level competitive Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and I graduated summa cum laude.

Liberal arts majors are great.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

symbolic posted:

You can also open them if you're dumb. Like me. I opened a Souvenir BS Cerberus, but still. Not worth it.

Why not open it (unless it's like s cobble one that sells for 30$). No one is gonna buy a lovely one like dust2 for much so enjoy getting something unique.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BIG NORTH posted:

Why not open it (unless it's like s cobble one that sells for 30$). No one is gonna buy a lovely one like dust2 for much so enjoy getting something unique.
Rule of thumb is sell Cobble and Overpass, open everything else. Cache is either or.

Victorian Gentleman
Nov 24, 2007
You sir clearly have no etiquette

Kazinsal posted:

Sent the two of you group invites on Steam since I had both of you on my friendslist. Victorian Gentleman, I don't seem to have you on my list, shoot me an invite and I'll throw you in the group as well.

Sorry Ive been away, I went ahead and added ya hopefully we make it out of nova!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

People standing their fat asses in my way so my target can shoot both of us is my new favourite thing about this game

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

People standing their fat asses in my way so my target can shoot both of us is my new favourite thing about this game

Sometimes the teamkill is worth it.

Also, totally still seeking more GN3-MG1-ish goons for some matchmaking teamups. Like, especially right now.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Im gold nova 2 but I have the spirit of warrior.

edit: woops steam name is actually pookum

Pookum fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 18, 2015

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Aaaaaand the CS:GO servers just died.

Victorian Gentleman and I both lost connection to ours and promptly got messages from half our friendlists asking if we just lost connection to our match.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Kazinsal posted:

Sometimes the teamkill is worth it.

Also, totally still seeking more GN3-MG1-ish goons for some matchmaking teamups. Like, especially right now.

I'm an LE but feel like I should be GN. Can I come?

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation
Professional CS would be better if they still had sprays.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG posted:

Professional CS would be better if they still had sprays.

Nineties kids will remember the Moving Mouths

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Just ran into a group of 7 people in MM who were in skype and were trading wins. Thanks for wasting 45 minutes.

\/ I think so. They kept talking about skype and they all had the same dumb gimmick. It wouldn't have been so annoying but the other 2 dudes on my team were complete dead weight. To put it in perspective I was playing really poorly and I still was second on my team.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 18, 2015

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

So was there like a 5 stack on one side and a 2 stack on the other and they switched out or something?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

fennesz posted:

Just ran into a group of 7 people in MM who were in skype and were trading wins. Thanks for wasting 45 minutes.

I'm taking a week+ break from this game after queuing into 3 leavers and 2 extremely salty people back to back. I don't really care that much about the derank but those are just not very fun uses of time. Hopefully things will be better when I get back. I've also noticed theres much less of that at 5-11 pm than there is at 11 pm +

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I'm taking a week+ break from this game after queuing into 3 leavers and 2 extremely salty people back to back. I don't really care that much about the derank but those are just not very fun uses of time. Hopefully things will be better when I get back. I've also noticed theres much less of that at 5-11 pm than there is at 11 pm +

I'm totally in the same boat. If I play like poo poo, I play like poo poo. Even if we lose I always enjoy the matches. But when people just throw games and waste my time, that just kind of bums me out. poo poo, I don't even mind it when people ragequit anymore. I started a match 8-1 this morning, a dude on our team ragequit and we brought it back to win 16-14.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

fennesz posted:

\/ I think so. They kept talking about skype and they all had the same dumb gimmick. It wouldn't have been so annoying but the other 2 dudes on my team were complete dead weight. To put it in perspective I was playing really poorly and I still was second on my team.

I wonder how easy this would be to pull off reliably by queuing for the least played map(s). I know people get to Global through solely playing maps like aztec/militia/vertigo with that same idea.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Patch notes:

quote:

[STICKERS]
– Updated some player signatures with their latest submissions: device, dupreeh, Skadoodle, emagine, and literally, n0thing.

[UI]
– Fixed top nav bar becoming unresponsive.
– Recovered Watch Highlights button. Now can be used on any player in the match.
– Added ability to specify what round to begin watching downloaded demo from.
– Fixed bug where reloading Watch Panel would not preserve categories.

[MISC]
– Enabled lag compensation on pose parameters.
That last one should fix some hit registration issues in some common circumstances. Jumping/planting hitboxes are a separate issue.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

mcvey posted:

I wonder how easy this would be to pull off reliably by queuing for the least played map(s). I know people get to Global through solely playing maps like aztec/militia/vertigo with that same idea.

It was on dust2 which was pretty surprising. It's possible the two guys on mics were bullshitting about it but they all had the same gimmick (down to named weapons). I can't imagine it's reliable unless they're using some region fuckery as well.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Just asked a guy 0 and 11 if he was trolling which was a bad idea because he proceeded to teamflash and throw away bombs for the rest of the match. Nearly lost a 5v3. Amazing first game of faceit

stump collector fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 18, 2015

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

no_funeral posted:

Look up the spreadsheet of onscreen's case opening stats. They're pretty grim.

I stopped opening cases. I think that 'you have spent' thing has me at around 400CAD, but I've also bought some keys from a buddy of mine too. I built up the rest of my ~$1600 inventory from trading and betting.

Our own 'demo' has the largest goon inventory I know of, primarily from betting.

rofl HeyGuys

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

The Kins posted:

Patch notes:
That last one should fix some hit registration issues in some common circumstances. Jumping/planting hitboxes are a separate issue.

Thats pretty cool. Some dude did a video demonstrating that pose bug a few days ago. Must have been an easy fix.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

exethan posted:

Just asked a guy 0 and 11 if he was trolling which was a bad idea because he proceeded to teamflash and throw away bombs for the rest of the match. Nearly lost a 5v3. Amazing first game of faceit

Why would you ask? Either he is and now knows he can get a rise outta you so he'll double down, or you badvibe a player having a bad day and make him even more useless.

I mean the rest of NiP never asked Fifflaren if he was trolling, I'm pretty sure...

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

prom candy posted:

Where can I find a good schedule for pro CS:GO? Is it all just in-client? The only way o ever know when games are happening is when this thread has 50 new posts outta nowhere.

You can also use Abios or Gosubet if you don't want to submit yourself to the trash that are hltv and reddit.
Oh and there's also an iOS/Android app for The Score esport if that's your kind of thing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Bohemian Nights posted:

Lets fukken go (again) boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIA9Uqw6h9g

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

The only Cloud9 video I need is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXXyfeWJz1M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

dex_sda posted:

Why would you ask? Either he is and now knows he can get a rise outta you so he'll double down, or you badvibe a player having a bad day and make him even more useless.

I mean the rest of NiP never asked Fifflaren if he was trolling, I'm pretty sure...

yeah it was a god awful decision and I immediately regretted it

• Locked thread