Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Traxus IV posted:

It's meant to be spelled that way?

Hmm, yes I see.

Yohnny "Live Bases"!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Traxus IV posted:

It's meant to be spelled that way?

Hmm, yes I see.

That's a royal flush of spades, literally the best hand you could be dealt in poker. Even if they're on fire and jigsaw bits are coming off the corner it totally defeats the point of the saying.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Gilganixon posted:

That's a royal flush of spades, literally the best hand you could be dealt in poker. Even if they're on fire and jigsaw bits are coming off the corner it totally defeats the point of the saying.

He's playing Blackjack.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nah, the dealer would't have delt more cards after he got 30, he must be playing a 5 card draw version of razz

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Gilganixon posted:

Thats a royal flush of spades, literally the best hand you could be delt in poker. Even if their on fire and jigsaw bits are coming off the corner it totally defeats the point of the saying.

FTFY

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Not the worst thing ever but certainly weird.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

cash crab posted:

Not the worst thing ever but certainly weird.

This is pretty sweet, its from Joan Cornella comics. In kind of a weird spot though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Love it. Love the comic's work too.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Lets Pickle posted:

This is pretty sweet, its from Joan Cornella comics. In kind of a weird spot though.

But really, with a tattoo of a Joan Cornella face, the weirder the spot the better. He should've gotten it on his butt cheek: http://joancornella.bigcartel.com/product/bootyboop

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Why is it on two lines?
Why is the J capitalized?
Why does it start with the ...? That is a complete sentence.
Did they seriously let the artist sign that?
Shouldn't the artist realize that their tiny rear end copyright thing will be completely unreadable in a year or two?

Well, at least jealous used to be how the spelled jealous in French.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

rockcity posted:

Why is it on two lines?
Why is the J capitalized?
Why does it start with the ...? That is a complete sentence.
Did they seriously let the artist sign that?
Shouldn't the artist realize that their tiny rear end copyright thing will be completely unreadable in a year or two?

Well, at least jealous used to be how the spelled jealous in French.

Answering out of order because the explanation requires it.

3: The artist and/or canvas are idiots, the "..." should come after the "are you", to create the suggestion of a pause.
1. Again, to insert a mental instead of a verbal pause between the words.
2. The word processor they used when making the stencil automatically capitalized the word, no one noticed.
4. I'm guessing free tat. Nothing about this situation suggests the canvas was self-aware enough to recognize this as a terrible decision.
5. An artistscratcher caring about what his work will look like years from now? Bwahahahaha.

An additional question: Why is the question mark upside down?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

RickVoid posted:

"Because I'm unique and quirky!" :sparkles: is the best I can come up with.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

RickVoid posted:

5. An artistscratcher caring about what his work will look like years from now? Bwahahahaha.

I just find it funny that basically they don't care, but at the same time put their name on it.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I had a guy come in today, didn't get a photo (because I'd get fired if I did that).

This guy looked as though he had once been massively overweight, but had lost a load of weight, so now he's only very overweight, but he has loads of extra skin.
He had veins (the huge bulging kind that bodybuilders get) tattooed on the part of his arm that should be bicep.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Cool idea, but this would probably be completely gone within a month.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Istari posted:

I had a guy come in today, didn't get a photo (because I'd get fired if I did that).

This guy looked as though he had once been massively overweight, but had lost a load of weight, so now he's only very overweight, but he has loads of extra skin.
He had veins (the huge bulging kind that bodybuilders get) tattooed on the part of his arm that should be bicep.

Um

Why

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Is that healed scarification or fresh white ink?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sentient Data posted:

Nah, the dealer would't have delt more cards after he got 30, he must be playing a 5 card draw version of razz

Maybe it's 2-7? Ace high flush is pretty bad there...

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

The former

aidoru posted:

Cool idea, but this would probably be completely gone within a month.

Apparently, this is a 2 year old cutting so...maybe it's good if you go to a skilled professional?
https://instagram.com/p/5xurO0QmiI/

quote:

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

hyperhazard posted:

White ink. To me it has always looked like pus accumulation in fancy patterns. People do try scarification with just tattoo needles though, but from what I've seen/read it doesn't yield a good result at all. Reminds me of a story from when I was 15 and worked in a tattoo shop, though. I was an apprentice and did "Charlie work" for the shop and one evening these two girls came in, freshly 18, so as I did I asked them if they needed any help. One pointed at the wall at some random rose flash within minutes of entering and exclaimed they both wanted that tattoo. Checking to see availability of the artists who worked I overheard them talking to each other giddily when one said within earshot "these will be great practice tattoos until we get real ones!" It took me a second to process what they had said and I couldn't help but sympathize with Louis Black and his "if it weren't for my horse" story. To this day I have no idea what they could have meant by "practice tattoo" but if you are that trepidatious about getting a tattoo you can always ask to have an artist run a needle sans ink over your skin to gauge your own pain tolerance. In hindsight I believe this was also around the time where shops were claiming there was a special brand of ink that was temporary and would fade completely in due time, but of course that's complete bullshit.

Jisae has a new favorite as of 04:45 on Aug 18, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

For gods sake you need to listen to your body! Go to the bathroom!

And don't touch anything!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Not sure if this belongs here or the schadenfreude thread but: A man's wife has kicked him out of the house and banned him from going swimming with his daughter after getting a new tattoo. Wow, what kind of tattoo could warrant such a---

The kicker? His wife bought the gun so maybe she deserved the fallout.

Story here

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Freddy Krueger ?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

UV ink?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'm really not sure why tattoo guns are on sale for the general public. You think it'd be regulated or something,

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

OldMemes posted:

I'm really not sure why tattoo guns are on sale for the general public. You think it'd be regulated or something,

Tattoo machines.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Postal Parcel posted:

The former

Apparently, this is a 2 year old cutting so...maybe it's good if you go to a skilled professional?
https://instagram.com/p/5xurO0QmiI/

Am I the only one who sees irony in scarring "love thyself" into your flesh? :ohdear:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

OldMemes posted:

The second amendment also protects the right to full sleeves.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

:pusheen: brilliant

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I think in 10-20 years the tattoo removal industry will be BOOMING. I went to a festival this weekend and the amount of people with random small tattoos all over their bodies was insane. Like just small things haphazardly placed on random parts of the body. One girl had the peanut butter jelly time banana on her tricep. Imo if you're going to get tattoos, commit and get a big piece. Not some ~random quirky~ thing.

...I need to get an MD and buy a tattoo removal laser....$$$

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
Memes so good they deserve a whole sleeve.

rodbeard posted:

:master:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

I think in 10-20 years the tattoo removal industry will be BOOMING. I went to a festival this weekend and the amount of people with random small tattoos all over their bodies was insane. Like just small things haphazardly placed on random parts of the body. One girl had the peanut butter jelly time banana on her tricep. Imo if you're going to get tattoos, commit and get a big piece. Not some ~random quirky~ thing.

Music festivals are gold mines of horrible tattoos. Doesn't even matter what genre of music either.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Thin Privilege posted:

You just need training in using the laser, at least in some states. These people are apparently making bank up here.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Is this a tattoo of chub rub? Because that's all I can see

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Thin Privilege posted:

Naah, most people either just deal with it or get coverups. The guy tattooing the banana could have been thinking "I'm getting paid now, and some other artist in the future is getting paid to cover this up"

Fat Dallas
Mar 11, 2009

Why is Rocky Dennis so mad at this lady?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

OldMemes posted:

Body modification industry as a whole has a lot less regulation to begin with compared to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread