Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
bam margera is worth 50 million earth dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yea but also it seems like he has an incredible sadness inside him

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

theflyingexecutive posted:

no google is the fail rear end company that when u watch a hilarious video of one dude getting hit in the balls, it floods u with HOT BALL PUNCHING ACTION ALL FREE BOW TO THE PAIN MISTRESS FOR YOUR DAILY DOSE OF COCK FLATTENING AND BALL RATTLING SHES READY TO GO TEN ROUNDS IN THE RING WITH YOUR HAIRY DANGLIES NOW YOU CAN NEVER OPEN YOUTUBE AROUND STRANGERS OR THEYLL THINK YOURE INTO ROCKEM SOCKEM TESTES

don't lie you still clicked

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hes ownage

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

holy poo poo his accountants don't get paid enough

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

does everyone remember how the pretentious leader of Project Ara talked about how they imposed a strict deadline on themselves in order to stay motivated and under pressure? well they just delayed Ara till next year some time haha

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
pretty sure everything in google ATAP gets an enforced team turnover every two years

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

does everyone remember how the pretentious leader of Project Ara talked about how they imposed a strict deadline on themselves in order to stay motivated and under pressure? well they just delayed Ara till next year some time haha

looks like http://didgoogleshutdown.com needs updating!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
google will never die

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
brother

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Google: What is dead may never die

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i think that is about to go offline forever

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

:rip:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

Outlook: Days numbered

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Why is Google Earth listed twice? So good it can die twice?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

We’re streaming and sharing in new ways our old routers were never built to handle. Meet OnHub, a new router from Google that’s built for all the ways you Wi-Fi.

quote:

FAQ
How is OnHub different from other routers? It’s built for the new ways you use Wi-Fi.

https://on.google.com/hub/

imagine trusting google with your router

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I bet they don't work with Nest.

Just one device? It looks like a D-link trash can, I thought they may be a bit smarter like Eero.

Same price as Eero, $199.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 18, 2015

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
its a TP-Link router with zigbee support and a TPM

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this is actually rather clever of them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they managed to copy the worst feature of apple routers, only 3 wired ports, and cut it down to one

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

qirex posted:

they managed to copy the worst feature of apple routers, only 3 wired ports, and cut it down to one

i think it's supposed to be used alongside your normal router like a unifi ap? i didnt actually read anything tho, just looked at the trashcan pics

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

only nerds use wired networking at home

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

im getting nexus Q vibes from this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

only nerds use wired networking at home

yes I'm sure non-nerds will be lining up to replace the one they got from their cable company or the $30 amazon special for a $200 home automation controller

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
why would i want a router that doesnt also back up my stuff

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Athletic Footjob posted:

why would i want a router that doesnt also back up my stuff

i agree with you but i dont thnk anyone on planet earth backs up anything thats not just synced to a cloud service. inhome backup is prolly as rare or more rare than wired networking

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://on.google.com/hub/

imagine trusting google with your router

love that google has adopted the infomercial format of look-at-these-idiots-bumble-around-with-something-easy. also, where do they explain how it's better anywhere on the page or video?

MrMoo posted:

I bet they don't work with Nest.

Just one device? It looks like a D-link trash can, I thought they may be a bit smarter like Eero.

Same price as Eero, $199.

that's cool, but AirPort Time Capsule + Airport Express supremacy

Smythe posted:

i agree with you but i dont thnk anyone on planet earth backs up anything thats not just synced to a cloud service. inhome backup is prolly as rare or more rare than wired networking

yes that is the problem

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

ive seen normals burn a dvd theyll never look at again, or if theyre almost-normal theyll maybe buy and use an external harddrive theyll never back up

i dont think normals do backups. i think theyve accepted death and more superior than you or i because of that

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

many normals can understand a time capsule and set it up

poor normals on the other hand

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine backing your stuff up to a hard drive or something when crashplan exists. lol. haha

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

um excuse me I Like To Control My Data

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

imagine backing your stuff up to a hard drive or something when crashplan exists. lol. haha

hey. thats still backing up your data to a hard drive.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

isn't the rule to have 3 back ups? 2 local (with the backup schedule alternating between each drive) and 1 in the cloud. that way if CrashPlan fails or goes out of business, or you have a fire, or backup becomes corrupted, you're all good as long as all those don't happen at once.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

isn't the rule to have 3 back ups? 2 local (with the backup schedule alternating between each drive) and 1 in the cloud. that way if CrashPlan fails or goes out of business, or you have a fire, or backup becomes corrupted, you're all good as long as all those don't happen at once.

idk but that sounds pretty reasonable

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I watched the commercial and read the page and still don't understand what it does better than the next router, other than maybe make better use of cliche marketing terms.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

this ones made by the poindexters at the google so you know its good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ZShakespeare posted:

I watched the commercial and read the page and still don't understand what it does better than the next router, other than maybe make better use of cliche marketing terms.

it has six antennas and is googley

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ZShakespeare posted:

it steals your data and sends it to google

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
This reminds me though that the wifi on my netgear has been really spotty lately and I should probably consider getting something better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i recommend like a 56 port ethernet switch and just dragging cables through the house

• Locked thread