Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

trucutru posted:

Also, this is totally happening, I just wish there were better red mini mons. (Teaming with Santa Sakuya is cheating)

Chibi hera-ur would be perfect for that team. Good luck getting one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009

You can do it guys you just have to BELIEVE! she could be your NEXT roll!

I got her first time if you don't count the other ten.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I think getting Claire was the push I needed to dust off an old monster in my box. She was my first (and for a while, only) dark monster, but she is going to kick so much rear end now with this team:

Now all I need is a metric ton of Super Metals and 25 Tamadras!

Still less work than getting my A.Bastet team together though.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Anyone with Beelzebub as their main teams with open friend slots? My Ronia team can kill stuff sometimes, but my friends with Beelze never really leave him up for that long, so I have to try to take down harder challenges with monsters that aren't as good. ID is 351 355 316
My solution to this was getting a Beelzebub of my own to take advantage of the truly staggering number of hypermax Ronias out there. Then you can stick your Ronia in as a sub to make it even more brutally effective. I'd offer, but I plan on using A.Parvati for most of the next two weeks to grind on PAD Island so that doesn't help much.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
A bindclear for Yomi Goddess Mythical is kinda important for a Rainbow leader huh? :(

Edit: And Honorable Dragon.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 18, 2015

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Rolled a bikini Gronia. Unfortunately, I don't have a green team ready. What leader are people using for green attacker teams? Bastet? Parvati? Some other waifu?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Is there any difference in + drop rates between the tiers of normal dungeons?

5th tier (Kronos Forest, for ex.) is actually better xp/stam than 6th tier (Mars Crater), and has only 2 bosses instead of 3.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Herr Tog posted:

This all seems solid and has me pumped to use Karin but what about my Red Sonia? Should I put her far on the back burner?

Ronia has excellent stats and a great active but she doesn't match types with Cao Cao. If you pull a mono-red leader you'll probably want her to go right on the team. You can put Ronia on the team anyway and pair with an Attacker leader that boosts red, like Urd, AShiva, or Ame. Ares and Freyr work to a lesser extent but don't get used much anymore. Ronia will only get half a leader boost but it might be better than your other options.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

trucutru posted:

What team are you using? Speeding things up would be nice.

Also, this is totally happening, I just wish there were better red mini mons. (Teaming with Santa Sakuya is cheating)

rodin(best) or (you might not be able to use her skill) chiyome

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lurkzilla posted:

I did.

ID: 389,441,220

Highlights:
Hypermax L Kali in slot 1
A Ra in slot 2
Verdandi/Beelz commonly used. Started working on Krishna but it needs a lot of xp before regular use.

Hey man. Sorry but I have to back out of the triangle. An IRL friend who just started playing wants to set up a BFF thing. I hope you guys find another 3rd. :)

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So, I know that evo materials have skills now to help skill up dudes. How often do they change?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Fishmonkey posted:

Rolled a bikini Gronia. Unfortunately, I don't have a green team ready. What leader are people using for green attacker teams? Bastet? Parvati? Some other waifu?

Bastet if you have GZL so you can take advantage of his active skill. Or just any mono-green team.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Fishmonkey posted:

A. Bastet is the current hotness, but for people like me (who suck), A. Parv is almost as awesome. I just need more A. Parv friends, but at least I've got one BFF who runs a hypermax one (I'm one Py and 20'ish HP eggs away from my first hypermax, hahah).

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Fishmonkey posted:

Parvati synergizes nicely, turning that B/G board into G/H.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
"Let me blow some stamina on Noah in case I get an invade" -> Karin invade on first wave. Thanks GungHo now give us Awoken Isis+Anubis

Deep Winter posted:

So, I know that evo materials have skills now to help skill up dudes. How often do they change?
Every four weeks or so. This rotation started on August 3.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.

The Jumpoff posted:

I think getting Claire was the push I needed to dust off an old monster in my box. She was my first (and for a while, only) dark monster, but she is going to kick so much rear end now with this team:

Now all I need is a metric ton of Super Metals and 25 Tamadras!

Still less work than getting my A.Bastet team together though.

Hey that looks rad and I've got a couple of those monsters in my box, something to work towards as I get up in levels. Mind sending your ID or padherd my way so I can see who those are exactly?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Reploid/ is me

I'm probably going to build something around my Karin for now like you suggested to me but I'm having trouble clearing stuff even if I get a good friend leader.

I've been stuck on the tower of giants for like two days now. Is it stamina efficient to go back and grind older dungeons at all? Who should I be dumping my fusions into?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So after several days of rerolling I got Isis which is apparently big deal. :toot:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

Mythical evo mats rotate skills 1-2 times a month. Basic evo mats have never changed skills, to my knowledge.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

KingReploid posted:

Hey that looks rad and I've got a couple of those monsters in my box, something to work towards as I get up in levels. Mind sending your ID or padherd my way so I can see who those are exactly?

I'm probably going to build something around my Karin for now like you suggested to me but I'm having trouble clearing stuff even if I get a good friend leader.

I've been stuck on the tower of giants for like two days now. Is it stamina efficient to go back and grind older dungeons at all? Who should I be dumping my fusions into?
Padherder:
https://www.padherder.com/user/MajorLazer/monsters/
Keep in mind that the levels for most of the monsters aren't accurate (I'm on iOS so it doesn't update automatically for me).

My ID is 389,048,341. You'll mostly see me running Urd, L.Kali, and Awoken Lakshmi. That Nephthys team I posted won't get use until Metal Dragons come back, but if you need me to put out a monster as a lead just message me in-game and I'll do it.

As for Tower of Giants, at that point in the game your monsters levels really determine your success, so just try and level stuff up if you can. Once you get to doing Dragons of the Tower consistently, grind that for rank (especially on weekends) since it's 3 stamina for 1.5k rank exp. You should be able to do it non-stop until you hit rank 60. That should give you a lot more team cost to work with. And yes, it will be boring as sin, I can tell you that from experience.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Ugh, first failure of Super Sunny due to orb troll.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

KingReploid posted:

It's always more stamina efficient to clear dungeons than to fail on them. Unless you mean you can clear Tower of Giants and it's getting boring. It's a game so if something is boring, run something else for a while. Either whichever dungeon is 2x drop, 1/2 stamina, 2x coins, something that drops the same color as the monsters you are trying to level or whatever is weak against your team color so you can crush it and feel like a god.

Feed all your trash to your leader or a sub that matches the color of the trash to get the most out of your feeds.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GoodBee posted:

It's always more stamina efficient to clear dungeons than to fail on them. Unless you mean you can clear Tower of Giants and it's getting boring. It's a game so if something is boring, run something else for a while. Either whichever dungeon is 2x drop, 1/2 stamina, 2x coins, something that drops the same color as the monsters you are trying to level or whatever is weak against your team color so you can crush it and feel like a god.

Feed all your trash to your leader or a sub that matches the color of the trash to get the most out of your feeds.

For me I like to designate one monster of each color to feed all my on-color drops to. For example, right now I feed all green drops to Cu Chu, Dark Drops to D-Meta, Blue drops to Sarasvati, Light Drops to Sun Wukong, and Red Drops to Urd. This way you're always making progress on something.

If you dont have monsters of each color to level up, you can just feed those color drops to your leader too.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

KingReploid posted:

First, you do know that you can move orbs more than one space, right? Some new folks seem to get tripped up by this, I think because the tutorial just has you move an orb in a straight line and people don't really register that you can keep dragging.

The most important thing for you to do now is work on getting to 30 stamina. Once you do that you can run the "Experience of a lifetime" special dungeon and get a whole bunch of ranks quickly. That dungeon is only around for another 6 days or so, but it should be easy to get to 30 stamina by then. Until then, you should be able to clear just about anything with most goon leaders, you should post your ID and ask for friends here (make sure SA is in your in game name, if not, it can be changed in the "other" menu). Many higher rank folks like me will take anyone with SA in their name, and the leaders I run should be plenty to zip you through the early game. I sent you a friend invite, accept that and my leader should get you through most of the early dungeons.

You also want to make sure to try to get a team together to clear the friday 25 stamina dungeon, the dublits that drop there are really good early team members. This is all covered in the guide in the OP, might be worth re-reading it again now that you know a little of what is going on.

Fallord
Mar 22, 2013

KingReploid posted:

What's your Karin team? Karin/Hobgoblin/Black Fighter/Metal Dragon/Metal Dragon/Karin (friend leader) should have no problem with Tower of Giants.

edit: A sure fire way to get through that part of the game is to get an Ogre, team up with a Green Odin friend, and farm the Expert Friday dungeon for a dub-mythlit or two. They have better stats all-around than 90% of your box, work with Karin, and use a whole 1 team cost.

Fallord fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 18, 2015

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

So I just had a frustrating thing happen on the Kaguya challenge level. I get to Amaterasu, and am trying to stall a bit for Sun Quan's skill by taking two hits of Sacred Mirror of Yata before killing. Take the first hit and she changes dark orbs to light. According to PADX, she 100% uses that skill when dark is on the board. So I use an active to put some dark back on the board and make a match, leaving some dark on the board. Instead of using Sacred Mirror, she uses Sacred Fertility Dance which kills me. Why??? Dance should only happen if no other skill is rolled, and Mirror should've been used since there's dark on the board and there's no mention of it not being used consecutively. I cleared it on the next try, but I'd really like to know why that happened on the first try.

In Beach REM news, my luck hasn't been quite as good as it was with the Academy REM, but after more rolls than I should've, the highlights are five Awilda, one chibi valk, one Wetatron, one Prongdora and two Urds. I guess PAD wants me to stop ignoring my A.Lakshmi and also get my Sarasvati skilled-up. I'm also wondering if I can make some gimmick Awilda team which takes no water damage and does silly enhanced-orb damage.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Mason Dixon posted:

So I just had a frustrating thing happen on the Kaguya challenge level. I get to Amaterasu, and am trying to stall a bit for Sun Quan's skill by taking two hits of Sacred Mirror of Yata before killing. Take the first hit and she changes dark orbs to light. According to PADX, she 100% uses that skill when dark is on the board. So I use an active to put some dark back on the board and make a match, leaving some dark on the board. Instead of using Sacred Mirror, she uses Sacred Fertility Dance which kills me. Why??? Dance should only happen if no other skill is rolled, and Mirror should've been used since there's dark on the board and there's no mention of it not being used consecutively. I cleared it on the next try, but I'd really like to know why that happened on the first try.

In Beach REM news, my luck hasn't been quite as good as it was with the Academy REM, but after more rolls than I should've, the highlights are five Awilda, one chibi valk, one Wetatron, one Prongdora and two Urds. I guess PAD wants me to stop ignoring my A.Lakshmi and also get my Sarasvati skilled-up. I'm also wondering if I can make some gimmick Awilda team which takes no water damage and does silly enhanced-orb damage.

She alternates skills. Use PADGuide, I find its dungeon information is generally more accurate and up faster than PADX.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Just curious what Awoken cards do you have?
Awoken Hinokagutsuchi x2
Awoken Lakshmi
Awoken Bastet
Awoken Meimei
Awoken Cere
Awoken Ceres
Awoken Venus

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.

Fallord posted:

What's your Karin team? Karin/Hobgoblin/Black Fighter/Metal Dragon/Metal Dragon/Karin (friend leader) should have no problem with Tower of Giants.

I'm using an amethist carbuncle sub for one of the metal dragons you mentioned, and I don't have anyone else on my friends who run a karin yet so that's been my issue I think?

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Mason Dixon posted:

I found my self in almost this exact same scenario yesterday, only I decided to pop Echidna instead of trying to tank another yata mirror hit. Good to know I apparently made the right choice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

djwetmouse posted:

Hades, Lakshmi, Parvati, Ra, Horus, Bastet, Shiva.
Pending: Isis.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

djwetmouse posted:

I don't have Hades, and I haven't bothered making an Awoken Neptune yet. I've got all the others currently in NA, although I won't be able to do Orochi or Karin when they get released.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm 2 Sphinx away from Awoken Bastet and awoken Horus. Can't wait to get off the Ronia train for everything other than dumb farming. W're probably not getting sphinx again until mid September so I'm pissed >:c

korora
Sep 3, 2011

djwetmouse posted:

Ceres, Minerva, Parvati, Shiva, Bastet, Horus, Ra

Soon: Isis, Leilan

(Non-IAP)

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm 2 Sphinx away from Awoken Bastet and awoken Horus. Can't wait to get off the Ronia train for everything other than dumb farming. W're probably not getting sphinx again until mid September so I'm pissed >:c

I need to pick one up for Isis. Anubis, too, I suppose.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Qylvaran posted:

I need to pick one up for Isis. Anubis, too, I suppose.

I'm just planning on never awakening Anubis. I'll never be that good and he is not a particularly great sub.

I suppose I do need the third one for Isis.

It's kind of awesome I've been so lucky with Egyptian 1. I Have Bastet (x2), Horus (x2), Isis, Anubis. No Ra but I don't have a Kali so who cares.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

djwetmouse posted:

Shiva
Ceres
Horus
Ra
Bastet
Hino
Venus
Neptune
Minerva

I haven't had a chance to awaken my Parvati, Laksmi, MeiMei or any of the other 5 Elements folks, though.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

djwetmouse posted:

Lakshmi
Bastet
One orb away from Meimei

On the radar:
Shiva

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
A.Hinokagutsuchi
A.Horus
A.Minerva
A.Shiva
A.Lakshmi
A.Bastet
A.Ceres
A.Meimei x2
A.Ra
A.Venus
A.Hades
A.Neptune

Up next: A.Isis and A.Anubis

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I've got horus

That's the only loving mon that has an awoken form released that I even have. loving REM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

djwetmouse posted:

Main:
Minerva
Neptune
Parvati
Ceres
Ra

Potential future: Karin, Orochi, Anubis

Alt:
Shiva
Lakshmi
Neptune
Hades

Potential future: Karin

I did pretty good awakening everything I could.

• Locked thread