Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Aranan posted:

I wonder if it would be worth it to modify the acu pants to have a zipper instead of these loving buttons.

No, because bitching about cargo pockets being unbuttoned is about 25% of a senior NCO's responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Have fun trying to repair a hosed up zipper (it will be) instead of just sewing on a new button.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

No, because bitching about cargo pockets being unbuttoned is about 25% of a senior NCO's responsibility.

I made a joke last night about SGMs having stupid pet peeves because they're the kind of retard that reenlisted for life.

Retired E8 was not amused, but he was retired so I doubled down and posited that enlisting is probably the dumbest way to go through service, and asked for any rebuttal why it wasn't.

Silent rear end table.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

I made a joke last night about SGMs having stupid pet peeves because they're the kind of retard that reenlisted for life.

Retired E8 was not amused, but he was retired so I doubled down and posited that enlisting is probably the dumbest way to go through service, and asked for any rebuttal why it wasn't.

Silent rear end table.
You're doing good things for your country.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Wasabi the J posted:

Silent rear end table.

I feel bad for E8s, it's like they've finally made their way from the back of the human centipede up to the second in line, behind #1, smaj, and they absolutely know the game does not value merit, just the enthusiasm of your moans when the guy in front passes his meal down the line. And so they moan the loudest, hoping against hope to move up one. last. time.

But we all know you make smaj by having dirt on a rising star officer in your junior NCO days -- gotta keep those favors in the back pocket, for the end game.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zeris posted:

But we all know you make smaj by having dirt on a rising star officer in your junior NCO days -- gotta keep those favors in the back pocket, for the end game.

i feel like if you are active duty enlisted and you last 25 years without blowing your head off, you should automatically get SGM, even if it means getting promoted from e-6 or something

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the army should force enlisted out at 15 years regardless of rank, sgm/csm is a pointless unnecessary position that only exists so 1sgs have a non officer boss when they disagree

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Ace of Baes posted:

the army should force enlisted out at 15 years regardless of rank, sgm/csm is a pointless unnecessary position that only exists so 1sgs have a non officer boss when they disagree

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
hey look it's greenmeat

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Way to not call at ease there chump

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Equine Don posted:

Way to not call at ease there chump

that's Mr. Chump.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How's retirement treating you?

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

How's retirement treating you?

Like a princess. I took six months off from everything and just had fun. Now my gently caress-off nest egg is nearly depleted, just in time for school and the GI Bill to kick in.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GreenMeat posted:

Like a princess. I took six months off from everything and just had fun. Now my gently caress-off nest egg is nearly depleted, just in time for school and the GI Bill to kick in.

Playing the game right :unsmith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GreenMeat posted:

glad to see boddicker and his thugs havent brutally murdered you yet

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

glad to see boddicker and his thugs havent brutally murdered you yet

Safe from both OCP & ICP up to this point, thanks.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Add #gip to your IRC autojoin and come idle with the rest of us

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress shut up about the loving dead irc channel in every god damned thread for the past month.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

seriously quit spamming it nobody cares

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

seriously quit spamming it nobody cares

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

It's a fun channel, Hangouts requires a separate login, and IRC is already on for #sports and #bieks.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

What part of "nobody loving cares" did you not get?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hey yall, xaarman here. i never post except to beg people to join my lame irc channel where no one actually does anything but idle and look at the names of the other people idling in the sidebar. welp, thats my one allotted post for the week, cya

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

I laughed... but fair enough, yall know it's there ( :) )

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
im not sure i still have an IRC client installed man, i migrated from windows xp like 8 years ago

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I tried it for a day and I didn't like it

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Two women successfully completed Ranger school.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

psydude posted:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/03/female-army-ranger/

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

psydude posted:

Link?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/17/two-women-earn-ranger-tabs-first-army/31889239/

Good for them. And natually all the facebook shitheads are angry

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey the best possible outcome

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

All of the shitheads who wouldn't be able to make it, too.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
especially the shitheads that wouldn't make it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

THEY SHOULD BE MAKING US SANDWICHES, AM I RITE FELLOW MEN

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mike-o posted:

especially the shitheads that wouldn't make it

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'm just a lurker civ who loves his army brother, but seeing him link the ArmyTimes article on my dad's Facebook page (who has been talking mad poo poo about the women trying to get their tabs, "girls should never try to play Army Man" blah blah blah) with no comment was a very special kind of amusing to me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I am feeling a lot of annoyance at the media forcing a "Ranger School = Ranger" comparison, when everyone in the army learns quickly that graduating a school doesn't mean you're going to that unit - airborne qualified; ranger qualified; whatever. It's almost like they're trying to drum up controversy or something, and here I am taking the bait.

I just made a pedantic facebook post about it, someone kill me please.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 18, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Never post on Facebook, just use it to keep in touch with old army buddies and quietly sever when they fill their page with crazy poo poo about Obama and tea party crap.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

xaarman posted:

Add #gip to your IRC autojoin and come idle with the rest of us

Who are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Zeris posted:

I am feeling a lot of annoyance at the media forcing a "Ranger School = Ranger" comparison, when everyone in the army learns quickly that graduating a school doesn't mean you're going to that unit - airborne qualified; ranger qualified; whatever. It's almost like they're trying to drum up controversy or something, and here I am taking the bait.

I just made a pedantic facebook post about it, someone kill me please.

Yeah, but no one really gives a poo poo about ranger, airborne, master fitness, master gunner, or any of that poo poo except if you're in those groups, or it matters in some way to your job at your rank.

We had 3 ranger tabs in my last unit, as a big dumb cav scout. 2 were useless and one was great, but the tab was inconsequential. if they were looking to get into a ranger unit, then go right ahead, but none of them were so it was entirely irrelevant except for a few promotion points. Now, if you were sitting around in an infantry unit I'm sure it means something, but if you are expecting a bunch of dudes who just want to spout off about women ruining the sausage fest, well, that just gets in the way of trying to be relevant. Don't need details when you are busy trying to be a big shot.

• Locked thread