Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All of the character costumes come with unique stage clear and death music, like Yoshi's Island stage clear for Yoshi and the Zelda 1 death tune for Link, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what makes people think miyamoto himself wont unleash the most hellish levels that hes been baking in his head for 30 years

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

what makes people think miyamoto himself wont unleash the most hellish levels that hes been baking in his head for 30 years

tezuka is the producer and he was the director for lost levels, hes the original kaizo hacker :twisted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking forward to levels as challenging as Lost Levels

I think Kaizo is a neat gimmick but its more about figuring out a bunch of 'gotcha' tricks and Lost Levels is just challenging platformer levels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ok

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm looking forward to levels as challenging as Lost Levels

I think Kaizo is a neat gimmick but its more about figuring out a bunch of 'gotcha' tricks and Lost Levels is just challenging platformer levels

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im gonna make a level for all my amiibos

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Im gonna make a level for all my amiibos

i need an isabelle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be cool if the animal crossing Amiibo cards worked too, so you could turn Mario into a chair.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wilford brimley amiibo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna give a poo poo about the inevitable autists who will recreate every existing 2D Mario game in their entirety.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I doubt they'll care at all, especially since these map packs will all be in a SMB1/2 style series of levels, where everything from 3 and beyond had a lot of bells and whistles surrounding the structure of the level selection.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I'm left wondering is how packaging levels will work, an if you can have warp pipes to jump around your level pack

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tender Bender posted:

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna give a poo poo about the inevitable autists who will recreate every existing 2D Mario game in their entirety.

i hope not because i would like to play those levels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it doesnt actually contain all the items needed to fully recreate most mario games, it has a broad useful toolset to make levels in those games styles, the physics are also not exactly the same

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

like i think the only New Mario specific powerup is the propeller suit, so youd gently caress up any levels centered around the penguin suit or the flying squirrel suit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no mega mushroom tho theres something similar , is mini mushroom in there?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who would want to recreate NSMB tho...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dude you could make some sick penguin suit levels

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

this is such a good one @10m54s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4SpE0u7jBE&t=654s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't actually played NSMB (well I have played multiplayer briefly) or NSMBU :sweatdrop:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Can you play as Toad in this besides amiibo toad?

elf help book posted:

it doesnt actually contain all the items needed to fully recreate most mario games, it has a broad useful toolset to make levels in those games styles, the physics are also not exactly the same

True I just wanted to comment on the fact that given the tools to create anything imaginable some people are assuredly going to spend dozens of hours recreating games they played as children.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I haven't actually played NSMB (well I have played multiplayer briefly) or NSMBU :sweatdrop:

new mario u is actually really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I've heard it's good. I've got NSMBU, DKCRTF and Wonderful 101 ready to play in my back log at some point, but I've kept my gaming busy recently. There might be time between DQVIII and Persona 5 to play it, depending on when P5 is gonna come out (I assume December

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

do you get a samus sprite, i only have a samus amiibo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

do you get a samus sprite, i only have a samus amiibo

yeah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

Mine came in bundled with the Wii U.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/i7YeZxnWhEFX6ST-sLdUBGmLoZivzNP5

Expand the roster of possible costumes by completing the 100 Mario Challenge mode or tapping compatible amiibo™ accessories.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imo persona 5's gonna get bumped to early next year. at least i hope so, there's so much else coming out in the next four months

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

you should try it out, I think 3D world is better but NSMBU is p good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Mine came in bundled with the Wii U.

yea mine came with NSMBU and I think Wind waker HD

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Eonwe posted:

you should try it out, I think 3D world is better but NSMBU is p good

I must be a shriveled old joyless husk of a woman because I kind of hated 3D World

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its ok to not like a style of game

if NSMBU or galaxy or something is more your type of game then thats good imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can you build a Mario 3 airship level?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Related: Can you set a level to be autoscrolling?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres 3 different speeds of auto scroll

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm going to build a Cheese Bridge so cheesy it makes Cheese Bridge look like Donut Plains 1.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish you could design maps of levels so that you could have alternate secret exits and poo poo to unlock other ones.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Eagerly awaiting the sadistic Kaizo-style death reels from Vinesauce and other LPers that don't suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish you could design maps of levels so that you could have alternate secret exits and poo poo to unlock other ones.

I bet Nintendo adds this stuff at some point

FactsAreUseless posted:

you just have to spin jump on saw blades the whole level

• Locked thread