Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ImpAtom posted:

Don't you literally HAVE to climb onto one of the drones for a story mission?
That happens a pretty long time after they first show up. I always killed them with the batmobile until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I literally cannot even imagine how you would shoot them with the Batmobile. The turret doesn't even point that far up does it? You'd have to be in just the right position and the drones move so if they hosed off out of your line of sight then now you gotta wait for them again. Jesus, I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I like using the Disruptor to sabotage their guns and destroy them by just letting them see me. Disuptor is probably my favorite tool in the game.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Levantine posted:

I like using the Disruptor to sabotage their guns and destroy them by just letting them see me. Disuptor is probably my favorite tool in the game.

When you get the voice synthesizer, it's the best. Sabotage an ammo crate and use the voice synthesizer to command idiots to check the crate. It's especially best at the end. "Oh the boss is back! I knew he wouldn't abandon *zap*"

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

JetsGuy posted:

When you get the voice synthesizer, it's the best. Sabotage an ammo crate and use the voice synthesizer to command idiots to check the crate. It's especially best at the end. "Oh the boss is back! I knew he wouldn't abandon *zap*"

The best is doing it repeatedly and the goons just keep falling for it until their current boss gets mad about it and yells at them.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

I literally cannot even imagine how you would shoot them with the Batmobile. The turret doesn't even point that far up does it? You'd have to be in just the right position and the drones move so if they hosed off out of your line of sight then now you gotta wait for them again. Jesus, I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it.

It's how I killed every single one of them. :clint:
(except for the story-required personal takedown)

It's not really hard once you know to aim slightly underneath/in front of them.

ImpAtom posted:

Don't you literally HAVE to climb onto one of the drones for a story mission?
This ended up introducing a game-breaking bug for some people in NG+ where they killed it ahead of time and the game didn't know what the gently caress to do.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 17, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

This ended up introducing a game-breaking bug for some people in NG+ where they killed it ahead of time and the game didn't know what the gently caress to do.

Haha, awesome.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

CuwiKhons posted:

It's not that bad. The turret has enough vertical traversal that you can generally get them as soon as you can find a street that gives you an unobstructed shot.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

JetsGuy posted:

That's one of my favorite Brute disposal techniques! :v:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So has there been any new word on the PC patch yet? Is "sometime this Fall" still all we know?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Is "sometime this Fall" still all we know?
It never was all we knew. The "Fall" thing that people keep parroting comes from either a leaked internal Gamestop memo (not WBIE), or people misreading the "Fall 2015" release date for non-Windows PC releases (SteamOS, OS X).

WBIE/Rocksteady promised an "interim patch" in August, which is now half-gone.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 17, 2015

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Crappy Jack posted:

It's super annoying to do it, especially since you have to be looking at the drone to detonate it, so you're either trying to wrangle the camera to look up as you fall, or else have to climb back up to a rooftop to be close enough to set it off. Shooting them ends up being a lot easier assuming you can get the angle to line up.

Jump off the thing backwards and hold the L trigger down so the camera pans behind you and it goes into perfect position to detonate it immediately pretty much every time.

EDIT - Have they said what the update I'm downloading now is? Hope it's for the 89 DLC, not just a fix for that NG+ bug.

EDIT EDIT - Oh wait, it's the other costume pack, isn't it?

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 17, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It never was all we knew. The "Fall" thing that people keep parroting comes from either a leaked internal Gamestop memo (not WBIE), or people misreading the "Fall 2015" release date for non-Windows PC releases (SteamOS, OS X).

WBIE/Rocksteady promised an "interim patch" in August, which is now half-gone.

Hopefully it comes out August 31st, right in time for me to never think about this game again because MGS 5 and Mad Max are both out. I'm sure happy I bought the season pass. Maybe I could still get a refund for it.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

TheJoker138 posted:

Hopefully it comes out August 31st, right in time for me to never think about this game again because MGS 5 and Mad Max are both out. I'm sure happy I bought the season pass. Maybe I could still get a refund for it.

If you're upset WB didn't/doesn't give half a poo poo about Arkham Knight on PC buying another WB game is an odd way to show it.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
FYI if you got the game from an Nvidia code on a card from Newegg/Best Buy you can contact support for an MGS V code, even if you redeemed Batman. Doesn't come out until September but will probably be playable before this one is.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I got mine from Amazon and when I contacted them they said they couldn't give me an MGSV code but offered a 30% refund on my card. That worked out to around $100 so I was pretty happy to take that "compromise".

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
So what's this giant patch on PS4? It's like 5 GB so it's probably the DLC. Which isn't available yet, of course.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Footage just came out of the 89 batmobile and its associated racetracks.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Here's a free roam video of the '89 pack. Shows the Batsuit in great detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqH8OGwvlT4

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 18, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Also, there's a brand new official trailer for the game because there weren't enough of those already (I'm assuming those are all PS4/XB ratings in that one shot) with the above 1989 stuff and a teaser of WHAT'S TO COME at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6VqM08jkk

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nice. Been looking forward to the 89 batmobile for a while.

I really don't like the Tumbler, but it's neat that's coming.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I know the games been out quite awhile now but, especially considering lots of PC players haven't played through it yet, seems to me there are alot of spoilers, both big and small in that for an official trailer.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
89 stuff and some skins out for PS4 EU. Two tracks. :(

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

The Milkman posted:

FYI if you got the game from an Nvidia code on a card from Newegg/Best Buy you can contact support for an MGS V code, even if you redeemed Batman. Doesn't come out until September but will probably be playable before this one is.

Is that the case? What language would you use to request it? Just "Batman didn't work gimme MGSV"?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So the Robin AR challenge thing that they spent that entire Insider video going on about, with its own hashtag, did not come out this week with the '89 stuff, correct?

Promo pic for the Nightwing/Penguin story:

Better view of the tumbler with racetrack still (DKR plane/BB monorails):

edit: I've discovered the most annoying youtuber voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG5y70M95FQ

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 18, 2015

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Is the DLC that's out today available for everyone or do season pass people get it first?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

redbackground posted:

Please don't link my videos without asking :byodood:

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

redbackground posted:

I love videos where the player just totally sucks at it. He thinks he's so cool by doing a YouTube video but his voice sucks and he's a bad gamer so there's nothing at all redeeming about this. Never mind the fact that maybe he should have used the magically ability to RECORD MULTIPLE TIMES and choose his best attempt.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Got the batmobile pack on NA PSN by searching '1989'. It doesn't look like they've updated the game page yet.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Medium Cool posted:

Got the batmobile pack on NA PSN by searching '1989'. It doesn't look like they've updated the game page yet.

Same goes for the Bat-family pack.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

Same goes for the Bat-family pack.

Good call. I totally forgot about that one. I used skins more in challenge maps than free roam so I haven't had many opportunities to use them. I hope the ones we get next month don't suck completely.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Penguin gets DLC story? He's the second most represented villain in the series! Why not Two Face?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Penguin gets DLC story? He's the second most represented villain in the series! Why not Two Face?

He probably will get one. They've got a lot of DLC planned, and we're only hearing about it before it comes out.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So.......season pass worth $40 yet?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Three starring with the 1989 mobile will be tricky - no battle mode! Need to get all 33 stars for the trophy. Can't wait for ChibiSoma to rant. :allears:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

redbackground posted:

Also, there's a brand new official trailer for the game because there weren't enough of those already (I'm assuming those are all PS4/XB ratings in that one shot) with the above 1989 stuff and a teaser of WHAT'S TO COME at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6VqM08jkk

Danny Elfman theme - the best Batman theme

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mastajake posted:

So.......season pass worth $40 yet?

If you have a PS4 it's currently on sale for $30!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Is the zur-en-arrh skin out for the PC if I don't want to mod poo poo? I tried to follow whatever directions were on the WB forums, but I'm either retarded or they didn't work. I already have the animu skin.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I think ncix is the only retailer that's not offering some kind of make-good on the batman code that came with an nvidia card. Only company I've ever seen go essentially "okay see ya" when I said I'd never shop with them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

I think ncix is the only retailer that's not offering some kind of make-good on the batman code that came with an nvidia card. Only company I've ever seen go essentially "okay see ya" when I said I'd never shop with them again.

I've heard Amazon is very hit or miss with that right now too. Newegg, on the other hand, were on their poo poo. I did a chat and told them I got batman with my card and they instantly emailed me a Metal Gear Solid V code once they had my order number. I guess they are under orders to just process and move on, but good on them.

• Locked thread