Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Prison Warden posted:

Man, I hope I have so many cool guys by rank 39 :saddowns:

I love that blue Piccolo. He's a bruiser with links to Frieza, Kid Vegeta, and all the primary Z-fighters. I had him on my primary team until I scored that SSJ2 Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Kid Vegeta wasn't that bad once I got him to show. Took a bunch of items to clear him and the end Saibamen, but that's what they're for, really. Ghost Usher OP.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just got King Vegeta to show up for some reason.. What the gently caress?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I just got King Vegeta to show up for some reason.. What the gently caress?

They both drop Kid Vegetas.

For some reason he's just another low-spawn trigger for it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is it worth losing a Saiyan Pride link on the Bardock guys to trade Tora for Kid Vegeta? Or should I just go screw it and grab SR Nappa and just focus on Saiyan Warrior Race?

Edit: Kid Vegeta is super cheap to Z-Awaken, weird. Bubbles, Dr. Gero, Master Shen, and Kami. Sort of the opposite of the loan AGI R Krillin.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 18, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've got 2 Android 20- style Dr. Gero Awakening tokens. Anyone have any idea what they are?

Also, I've found 2 Old Kai tokens in my search for 1 single solitary Roshi token to Z-Awaken Bardock. What the gently caress.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Webbeh posted:

They both drop Kid Vegetas.

For some reason he's just another low-spawn trigger for it.

It's also possible to get both of them to spawn at once, which will give you two cards but haha gently caress you if you want to have any healing items left for the map's boss

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
After pulling nothing but crap the last 5 tries I finally got Super Saiyan 2 Goku from a single pull.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've saved over 60 stones from just doing Mission requirements. I'm REALLY tempted to do a multi-pull, but I kinda want to wait for the next update. Hopefully we'll get a new batch of characters with tomorrow's maintenance.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bardock story event will be getting more chapters after maintenance it looks like. Also seems they're adding the Frieza-in-chair and Chilled as drops?

This image was up earlier but now it's been changed back to the original version of the event. Someone must have pushed it live early.

People are saying in the Japanese version you get Frieza for completing all chapters on all difficulties and you get Chilled for beating the final chapter on z-hard without using any dragonstone continues. We'll see if that's how it works for us though.

Chair-Frieza and Chilled are both SRs, Frieza is AGL and Chilled is TEQ.

Also if you want King Cold today is the final King Cold day. So presumably after the maintenance we'll be getting a new Strike event too. Smart money's on King Vegeta. Alternately they might do a second run through the ones we've gotten so far.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 18, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I've finished all the Normal and Hard missions as well as some Z-Hard missions to scratch up another 50 dragonstones. Shall I be a sucker and pull another multi-roll?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ChronoReverse posted:

I've finished all the Normal and Hard missions as well as some Z-Hard missions to scratch up another 50 dragonstones. Shall I be a sucker and pull another multi-roll?

Do it. Max out them fat Saiyans.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ChronoReverse posted:

Single roll until you feel the same amount of disgust

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just left the no-SSR club. Acquired STR SSR Goku and I'm elated. I'm not going to be greedy and complain it wasn't SSR Bardock or SS2 Goku.

Wow, I was really starting to think that SSR draws were all lies trying to convince me to spend precious real currency buying virtual dragon stones.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 18, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm in the same boat and I'm waiting to see if they happen to introduce more characters soon. There's some kind of update tomorrow, might drop some hints about the next big SSR update.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I blew about 65 and all I got was an SR Teq Trunks that was more of a side-grade than upgrade. Back up to 55 and I think I'm going to wait until there's a chance for a UR or a few more SSRs.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just got a SSR Xeno Trunks from a single pull. I think single pulls are the way to go.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aurora posted:

Is Dokkan Battle lagging a normal experience on the mission maps?

This is bugging me because everything happens so slowly when I try to move tiles or pick up anything

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

This is bugging me because everything happens so slowly when I try to move tiles or pick up anything

No, it's perfectly smooth on my Galaxy S4. What phone/tablet are you playing it on?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

No, it's perfectly smooth on my Galaxy S4. What phone/tablet are you playing it on?

I'm using an Andy emulator to play it because my phone's data plan is awful. Battle screens are fine but if the maps get big it lags to hell. I've tried bumping up the settings in the virtual machine settings but it doesn't really seem to help very much.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

I'm using an Andy emulator to play it because my phone's data plan is awful. Battle screens are fine but if the maps get big it lags to hell. I've tried bumping up the settings in the virtual machine settings but it doesn't really seem to help very much.

Is that for PC? I've heard that Droid4X is much faster so you could transfer your data there and try it.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
I love it when I get this screen.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

Is that for PC? I've heard that Droid4X is much faster so you could transfer your data there and try it.

Yeah, it's PC. I'll check Droid4X out and see if it helps.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Still no kid vegeta spawns. gently caress it, I'm just going to beat all the missions because I want that frieza.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Apparently don't beat the new Freiza until tomorrow, because he doesn't drop anything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

Apparently don't beat the new Freiza until tomorrow, because he doesn't drop anything.

It looks like you can actually fight this one on hard? So people are thinking he just might not be a 100% drop.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Kid Vegeta has a Sibling link with SR Phy Raditz for some reason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Maybe Sibling is a different word in Japanese, because it certainly does not mean Siblings unless you cross some old hillbilly tactics for a lot of card interactions

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Gohan and Goku are also siblings. Translation's weird

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Can we get a goon friends list going on in the OP? My FL is looking pretty barren, and some of you guys have some pretty sick starters.

My userid is 199533996

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Any tips on power leveling characters? I've just been burning training items and training arenas with N's of the same type as the character I'm trying to level.

I've heard leveling an N to max and z-awakening them, then using them to train works best?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Haerc posted:

Any tips on power leveling characters? I've just been burning training items and training arenas with N's of the same type as the character I'm trying to level.

I've heard leveling an N to max and z-awakening them, then using them to train works best?

Z-awakening N fodder is the biggest boost in terms of single return. A couple training items, a few common medals, and you got like 40k EXP if it's the same color.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Tae posted:

Maybe Sibling is a different word in Japanese, because it certainly does not mean Siblings unless you cross some old hillbilly tactics for a lot of card interactions

Squallege posted:

Gohan and Goku are also siblings. Translation's weird

I thought it was a mistranslation for 'related to Goku' initially (Vegeta and trunks variants all have the 'vegeta family' thing going on) but then Bardock wasn't part of it and Kid Vegeta is included so i dont know what the gently caress

That link definitely has the wrong name

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 19, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Does anyone besides saiyans have it? Because I suspect it and the saiyan race one might be messed up somehow. Because a few saiyan characters don't show up under the Saiyan Warrior Race and it looks like only Saiyans are Siblings.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nuebot posted:

Does anyone besides saiyans have it? Because I suspect it and the saiyan race one might be messed up somehow. Because a few saiyan characters don't show up under the Saiyan Warrior Race and it looks like only Saiyans are Siblings.

Only saiyans.

From the in-game list:

- Goku (normal, Kaioken, Kid)
- Raditz
- Gohan (Kid only, no teen or super listed)
- Vegeta (kid only)
- Bardock (normal)

I missed Bardock the first time but yeah he's in there. Goten has shown up in some other link lists but he's not included here, and Nappa isn't either. It reads like it's meant to be 'Goku Family' but then Kid Vegeta is there for some reason which throws me off. There's no King Vegeta in it either, and he's listed in other saiyan links, so that confuses me even more as to why Kid Vegeta is included.

And again it doesn't include any SSJ forms for those listed

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Sorry to ask again but I never really got an answer and haven't found one. Should I be waiting till max level to use awakening medals on good characters? I have a ssr Vegeta and have all the awakening medals, but hes only level 50.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Batmasterson posted:

Sorry to ask again but I never really got an answer and haven't found one. Should I be waiting till max level to use awakening medals on good characters? I have a ssr Vegeta and have all the awakening medals, but hes only level 50.

Go ahead and use 'em if you've got the money. You just can't use the last medal until you're maxed out.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Batmasterson posted:

Using a couple of the awakening medals will give them slight stat boost, so if you can spare the money and the medals, go ahead. I'm currently waiting to get back up to 250k to Z-Awaken Jackie Chun,. I've since started using the higher costed Z-awakenings first. (This gives you the problem where you have to farm the lower level items though. Had to farm the Teq event today to get enough Gregories or Bubbles to Z-awaken Mecha Frezia).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm having a hell of a time lucking into the last Master Shen medallion I need to z awaken Kid Vegeta. Anyone know where the best place to get those is? I could just wait for the weekly event but sooner is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Haerc posted:

Yeah, using z-awakened N fodder is best. Also try to grab any silver & gold red capsules on the map for training items.