Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

noirstronaut posted:

It looks just like him. I'm actually wondering if i'm being collectively hosed with or not

Here, I made this so its easy for you to see that you aren't being collectively hosed with, its just your sight is just that bad:

Clearly there is a resemblance (not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

To be fair, I can kinda see what he must be seeing in the sprite if I try hard enough, with Ashley's headband thing being the blond hair and her hair being the wonder mask, but it's still quite a stretch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What do they both look like in Mario Maker though?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't believe you guys got noirstronaut'd

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Kurtofan posted:

I can't believe you guys got noirstronaut'd

Reap Tainted Again!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

To be fair, I can kinda see what he must be seeing in the sprite if I try hard enough, with Ashley's headband thing being the blond hair and her hair being the wonder mask, but it's still quite a stretch.

Yeah, if someone smashed my face in with a brick a few times I might get them mixed up first too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can I play as Wario in Mario Maker?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

RyokoTK posted:

Yeah, if someone smashed my face in with a brick a few times I might get them mixed up first too.

Who smashed noirstronaut with a brick? Is there video??

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I said come in! posted:

for the low low price of 12.99

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Wario already got his own game with user-generated levels.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lemming posted:

Wario already got his own game with user-generated levels.

I would not mind a Warioware DIY for Wii U, honestly.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It seems like there's more than meets the eye to the Splatfests in Splatoon
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/633654655004880896

I'm really conflicted as to which team I want to pick for this one, although Autobots will almost certainly be the overwhelming majority. Team Bumblebee or Team Starscream?

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 18, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

team decepticon but you have to yell in the starscream voice when you're playing

which, conveniently, I already do

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm wondering if you can edit levels you download in Mario Maker. Wouldn't that be an easy way to get around amiibos or having to unlock the character skins? Just download a level with that character on it and don't delete the mushroom for it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I said come in! posted:

It looks like Americans aren't getting it. This wouldn't be the first time NoA held out. Europe has a few Wii games on eshop that we don't get.

Gah!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is still some hope, NoA has not announced the Xenoblade X pre-order and collectors edition yet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

There is still some hope, NoA has not announced the Xenoblade X pre-order and collectors edition yet.

Unfortunately the translation for X is encrypted on Chris Prager's hard drive and no one has the password, so it would be to expensive to do all that work again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

greatn posted:

Unfortunately the translation for X is encrypted on Chris Prager's hard drive and no one has the password, so it would be to expensive to do all that work again.

This got a pretty good laugh out of me.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

I said come in! posted:

I didn't play Warioware either, so I have an excuse. I'm immune to your taunting.

go buy the GBA wario ware on virtual console right now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spacebump posted:

I'm wondering if you can edit levels you download in Mario Maker. Wouldn't that be an easy way to get around amiibos or having to unlock the character skins? Just download a level with that character on it and don't delete the mushroom for it.

I think I read that you can download and edit levels for local playing, but you cannot reupload them online. I am not 100% positive on this though.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Astro7x posted:

I think I read that you can download and edit levels for local playing, but you cannot reupload them online. I am not 100% positive on this though.

Yeah, this is right, they say this explicitly in their most recent youtube commercial thing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Where can I get a black Wii Fit balance board

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Afro posted:

go buy the GBA wario ware on virtual console right now

Ashley isn't in that one

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

greatn posted:

Ashley isn't in that one

point stands

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

greatn posted:

Ashley isn't in that one
Buy Game and Wario, also.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have been playing many of the warios lately and I wish Nintendo would use him more

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad Lucina is just marth with slightly longer hair.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

Where can I get a black Wii Fit balance board

I don't know but you can get this white one with Wii Fit U and a meter for $25.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm glad Lucina is just marth with slightly longer hair.

And Robin keeps being male. (I'm guessing Villager will be male too.)

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

raditts posted:

I would not mind a Warioware DIY for Wii U, honestly.

I'm really conflicted as to which team I want to pick for this one, although Autobots will almost certainly be the overwhelming majority. Team Bumblebee or Team Starscream?

Team Soundwave is superior.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just picked up a pro controller (mostly for PC use) and holy poo poo, it's easily the most comfy controller I've ever held and it doesn't feel like the weight of a brick.

Is it possible to charge it up via PC USB or by plugging it into one of those wallsocket/usb plug things, or is it only designed to be 'safely' charged in the WiiU usb ports?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kin posted:

I just picked up a pro controller (mostly for PC use) and holy poo poo, it's easily the most comfy controller I've ever held and it doesn't feel like the weight of a brick.

Is it possible to charge it up via PC USB or by plugging it into one of those wallsocket/usb plug things, or is it only designed to be 'safely' charged in the WiiU usb ports?

Wii's USB ports follow the same spec as PC ones so go nuts charging it wherever you want.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

noirstronaut posted:

It looks just like him. I'm actually wondering if i'm being collectively hosed with or not

I'll give it to you since it's lovely red & black pixels, but it's also instantly recognizable as Ashley if you're familiar with the Warioware characters.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I want Ashley and Mona Amiibos.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Spacebump posted:

It would be nice to download and edit levels, but it doesn't seem to be a feature.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yes you can download and edit levels and save them however you want. You just can't reupload the edited level as your own.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Is WarioWare basically dead? Game and Wario is pretty bad but seems a shame given how influential WarioWare ended up being at bringing mini-game collection type stuff outside of Japan more and eventually leading to the type of games we see on mobile devices now.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Is there a place I can go to read bad things about upcoming video games? I want to read about what's bad, like that super mario maker's palette is limited, or everyone is going to run out of good ideas fast. But there's nothing out there it's all just marketing and hype.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nolgthorn posted:

Is there a place I can go to read bad things about upcoming video games? I want to read about what's bad, like that super mario maker's palette is limited, or everyone is going to run out of good ideas fast. But there's nothing out there it's all just marketing and hype.

Neogaf, unless you're looking to also read bad things about Sony games.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Everyone there is on board with the amiibo functionality and are calling it game of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

here I've got you

things that are bad about mario maker

1) no slopes

things that are cool about mario maker

1) everything else

• Locked thread